Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything can happen in the finals and I think Ashburton with the way they have gelled as a team are every bit as good as MA or Bulleen. I think MA are the steadiest team in the comp. I don't think Wright, Hargreaves, Ellis, Baker or Miller destroy sides. Or not decent sides anyway. They are all good correct batsmen and are hard to get out but tend to get their big scores on the fast small grounds and are more vulnerable in 1 dayers. Don't know much about Vance or Liddle admittedly. Bulleen defintely have x factor. Glen Iris might be just a little off the pace if they make it but definitely not writing them off. There may be some twists for that 4th spot yet. If I had to choose I would go with Bulleen to get it right when it counts in March but I think you can throw a blanket over the top 3.

Vance is a gun, I played with him when he was at northcote and he smashed some of the top bowlers in premier. Liddle is a good bowler when he gets it right. Gets the ball through head height on a length

i also high pants, tell you what i am sick of training and not playing

Amen. Most frustrating season of cricket ever. I know we have had a lot of rain generally but it seems to be at it's worst on Friday & Saturday. I can only remember 1 or 2 Tues & Thurs being washed out. I am not happy with the league for calling whole rounds off when some grounds were fine. We have had 2 scratch matches this season on a Sat on our wicket where we could have played. If a couple of slackers can't get their wicket right don't punish the whole grade.

Not a bad idea. Get it done with as well, either way. Played in a granny a few years ago and it is on your mind all week.

exactly, coudlnt think of anything worse than bowling first, other team posting 300+ and then you having to think about how you are going to get them for 7 days.

saturday sunday 5th and 6th
saturday sunday 12th and 13th
then beers for a week for the winners

exactly, coudlnt think of anything worse than bowling first, other team posting 300+ and then you having to think about how you are going to get them for 7 days.

saturday sunday 5th and 6th
saturday sunday 12th and 13th
then beers for a week for the winners

And you can get cricket trip in 3rd weekend of March before the young blokes start footy.

I will vote you in for Rod Pattinsons job if you are keen Punter.

And you can get cricket trip in 3rd weekend of March before the young blokes start footy.

I will vote you in for Rod Pattinsons job if you are keen Punter.

no thanks highpants, i am happy to hide behind my alias and suggest better options, dont want to end up being the one who is targeted!

but i would definitely revolve the fixture around preseason, midseason and post season cricket trips! :)

So your club is not in Dunstan then?

No definetly a Dustan club who is in finals contention. I agree with everything that has been said of late. Bulleen look to be the goods but will they fall at the last hurdle and I think anyone in the top six, on their day can beat anyone else. The rain drenched season has made for an interesting campaign!

If Mont Albert finish on top, they will win. I think if they finish 2nd, which I suspect they might, the MA Bulleen SF will be VERY interesting. I would think that GI will be beaten in the SF and whoever beats them, wins the whole thing. Thoughts? I'm assuming the 4 won't chamge, which I guess is a big assumption

If Mont Albert finish on top, they will win. I think if they finish 2nd, which I suspect they might, the MA Bulleen SF will be VERY interesting. I would think that GI will be beaten in the SF and whoever beats them, wins the whole thing. Thoughts? I'm assuming the 4 won't chamge, which I guess is a big assumption

i too dont think the 4 will change

Agree 4 shouldnt change. Im tipping a GF of GI vs Ashburton, as much it pains to say GI have done well coming up from A Turf and are the sleeping giant, most would have thought StKevins would be in GI shoes.

My tips this rd.

Ashburton over Bears
Canterbury over ED to make relegation and last rd interesting
MA over Richmond just.
GI to take cake over Bulleen in 1 day match, will this game get on is the question? Ive seen photos of Eric Raven.
StKevins to knock Hawthorn off, Fernon due big time.
Nth Balwyn to also cause upset and beat Mulgrave, Keogh to bat like the qtr final 20/20 and

Agree 4 shouldnt change. Im tipping a GF of GI vs Ashburton, as much it pains to say GI have done well coming up from A Turf and are the sleeping giant, most would have thought StKevins would be in GI shoes.

My tips this rd.

Ashburton over Bears
MA over Richmond just.
GI to take cake over Bulleen in 1 day match, will this game get on is the question? Ive seen photos of Eric Raven.
Nth Balwyn to also cause upset and beat Mulgrave, Keogh to bat like the qtr final 20/20 and

would be an interesting turn of events, if GI make the semis and the game is a 2dayer, which is more than likely due to being consecutive days, its either a 2dayer or a total washout i would think, GI wont win, against anyone

My tips this rd.

Ashburton over Bears
MA over Richmond just.

I love near that ground and it looked pretty good to me, drove past on the way to training last night and there were a heap of guys training on there. GI's will play!!!

No definetly a Dustan club who is in finals contention. I agree with everything that has been said of late. Bulleen look to be the goods but will they fall at the last hurdle and I think anyone in the top six, on their day can beat anyone else. The rain drenched season has made for an interesting campaign!

Maybe we are at the same club?

Just looking at the weather, if it's rainy on Friday and fine on Saturday, it might be an advantage to bat 2nd on a drying wicket, but wet 1 dayers always throw up some funny results.

Where do you think the Turf Grand Finals will be held this year?
I am thinking...
Dunstan - Koonung Park (or a district ground such as Toorak Park or Camberwell)
A Turf - MacLeay Park
B Turf - Ashburton Park
C Turf - Donvale Reserve
D Turf - Mont Albert Reserve
E Turf - Zerbes Reserve
F Turf - H. E Parker (Heathmont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back