Eca 2011/2012

Is that really adding anything to this forum?

Not every club is going to like other clubs. That's the nature of the beast. However, these stupid generalised comments annoy me. Barnies wear bright Orange shirts to work, Deepdene are douches. So boring.

Whenever I've played against Deepdene I've always been able to have a chat about the game over a Beer afterwards.

Now this forum may be about light hearted banter to some. For me if I want a laugh I'll watch Anchorman. Here I want to talk about ECA Cricket. Good players, Impressive youngsters, pitches, balls, whether there needs to be rule changes etc.

Or have I missed the point?

Apologies Lads, will endeavour to keep my posts strictly on cricket.

I will address your posting criteria.

Deepdene has no good players, certainly no impressive youngsters, their ground is an absolute disgrace and there should be a rule change - aboloshing the flogs from the competition.

Regards,

Burwood Player

Apologies Lads, will endeavour to keep my posts strictly on cricket.

I will address your posting criteria.

Deepdene has no good players, certainly no impressive youngsters, their ground is an absolute disgrace and there should be a rule change - aboloshing the flogs from the competition.

Regards,

Burwood Player

I think as a group we should just decide to ignore this idiots posts from now on instead of reacting... I think that's what he's looking for. Obvioulsy has a lot of free time on his hands!

Terry, thought I would get my tips in early this week:

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - Skevs team performance to beat the Parsons show.
Marcellin vs. Bulleen - Good show from Marcellin last week, but 2 dayer puts them behind
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn - Ashy to bounce back
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - MA class too strong
East Donny vs. Boronia - Boronia foiled only by Parsons. Good show this week. Suckling to star!
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave - Would love to tip the underdog, but cant against Mulgrave.

We'll see how good my psychic abilities are!

Deepdene v St Kevins - Parsons show too strong.
Marcellin v Bulleen
Ashburton v Hawthorn - Ashy always seem to bounce back well from a bad showing.
Mont Albert v Glen Iris
East Doncaster v Boronia - Boronia fan, but think they may struggle away from home. They need spinner McKwen to step up and give them control with the ball.
Richmond City v Mulgrave

Have some time on my hands so will do A Turf aswell. Don't phone in it's just for fun!

Glen Iris ll v Donvale - Donvale to make it 2 from 2 against GI's 2's.
Ashwood v Canterbury - Both sides lost in Round 1, Ashwood's batting needs to improve fast!
Old Carey v Burwood - Burwood should have the extra quality to take the prize.
St Barnabas v Heathmont - Heathmont should be flying after a 10 wicket win in R1. Although maybe their batters will be underdone!?
Tooronga v Mazenod - Could be fiesty this one. Two angry Units, but Mazenod should have the edge.
North Balwyn v Surrey Hills - Tie of the round in A Turf. James Binney to be the difference.

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - Parsons 100 and 5fa will be enough to see off SKOBS even after a good win last week
Marcellin vs. Bulleen - Davo to take 6 and Porter 100
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn - AW at home - the "Tongue on Cox" show ;)
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - GI's bowling will take a beating
East Donny vs. Boronia - No Thompson no ED
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave - Good form after belting MA

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - Parsons 100 and 5fa will be enough to see off SKOBS even after a good win last week

Sorry, was misinformed about Davo's hammy...he is good to go!!

Deepdene vs. St Kevins - who cares!
Marcellin vs. Bulleen - Davo out with hammy for 4 weeks but depth to cover him
Ashburton vs. Hawthorn - Swift-eye to jag 7fa on home deck
Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - Pom import to stamp his class in this comp over fortnight
East Donny vs. Boronia - Cutter to get a bag full + 50no (6x 6's)
Richmond City vs. Mulgrave - Day to spin out City boys

Davo injured. Hammy or groin. Bowled last 3 overs off 2 steps and batted with a runner. Must be doubtful for this game.

Mont Albert vs. Glen Iris - Pom import to stamp his class in this comp over fortnight

Deepdene vs St Kevins - Deepdene's batting will improve from last week, hoare to take a bag
Marcellin vs Bulleen - Bulleen will be too strong here, porter to get amongst the runs
Ashburton vs Hawthorn - Ashy to bounce back after last week, cox to ton up
Mont Albert vs Glen Iris - Mont Albert too good at home, vance will get runs/wickets
East Doncaster vs Boronia - Boronia will surprise here, upset of the week
Richmond City vs Mulgrave - Mulgrave too good, expect them to run through city

One of the Days bowls mediums (Dean?) Is it Justin that bowls spin? Offies or leggies?

Deepdene vs St Kevins - Going with Bears at home.
Marcellin vs Bulleen - Bulleen will be better in 2 dayers where their stars can play a bigger part. If Davidson is injured I might change my tip tomorrow.
Ashburton vs Hawthorn - Hawthorn beat Ashy in this fixture last year but going with Ashy, Just.
Mont Albert vs Glen Iris - Mont Albert are not a great 1 days side. Batters are steady accumulators. Will be better in 2 dayers. Where is Hargreaves?
East Doncaster vs Boronia - East Donny at home.
Richmond City vs Mulgrave - RC's young players full of confidence after stirring Bulleen win. Big woolly on fire.

One of the Days bowls mediums (Dean?) Is it Justin that bowls spin? Offies or leggies?

Who are the best all-rounders presently in Dunstan?? Some food for thought....

Davidson (Bull)
Tongue (Haw)
Swift (Ash)
Hargreaves (MA)
Slack (Mulg)
Lilly (MA)
Fernon (StK)
Sturgess (Deep)
Keeping all-rounders
Devine (MA)
Alev (Mulg)

Davidson (Bull)
Tongue (Haw)
Swift (Ash)
Hargreaves (MA)
Slack (Mulg)
Lilly (MA)
Fernon (StK)
Sturgess (Deep)
Keeping all-rounders
Devine (MA)
Alev (Mulg)

Not sure about sturgess as he rarely bowls, would have parsons in there. Porter can be handy with the ball

Davidson (Bull)
Tongue (Haw)
Swift (Ash)
Hargreaves (MA)
Slack (Mulg)
Lilly (MA)
Fernon (StK)
Sturgess (Deep)
Keeping all-rounders
Devine (MA)
Alev (Mulg)

Cant believe you missed Parsons (arguably best in the league at the moment), especially considering you named Sturgess, who isnt an all-rounder is he?

Crawford (StK)
Grubich (GI)
Lawton (Haw)
Andrews (RC)

Couple more keeping all-rounders
Tilley (Haw)
Accutt (Ash)

Cant believe you missed Parsons (arguably best in the league at the moment), especially considering you named Sturgess, who isnt an all-rounder is he?

Crawford (StK)
Grubich (GI)
Lawton (Haw)
Andrews (RC)

Couple more keeping all-rounders
Tilley (Haw)
Accutt (Ash)

What's a keeping allrounder? There are keepers who can bat, and keepers who can't!

What's a keeping allrounder? There are keepers who can bat, and keepers who can't!

Well if you're picking a keeper for a team of the year, it has to go on runs scored doesnt it, not catches?

Who is the best keeper in dunstan this year?I think its out of

Baker (StK)
Alev (Mul)
Armstrong (GI)

Well if you're picking a keeper for a team of the year, it has to go on runs scored doesnt it, not catches?

Who is the best keeper in dunstan this year?I think its out of

Baker (StK)
Alev (Mul)
Armstrong (GI)

Yeah I just mean if you can't keep you shouldn't have the gloves. So I don't think the fact you can bat doesn't make it an allrounder. Splitting hairs.....moving on.

Probably Baker. Although I liked his off breaks. Bit of a freak.

Yeah I just mean if you can't keep you shouldn't have the gloves. So I don't think the fact you can bat doesn't make it an allrounder. Splitting hairs.....moving on.

Probably Baker. Although I liked his off breaks. Bit of a freak.

Hey all, long time reader..
Got to disagree Roza, keepers make a massive difference to the team man. Almost as important as a good bowler.
Best id seen would be the guy from Bulleen, Dalas Lyon? or Lyons... he was really quality keeper.

Hey all, long time reader..
Got to disagree Roza, keepers make a massive difference to the team man. Almost as important as a good bowler.
Best id seen would be the guy from Bulleen, Dalas Lyon? or Lyons... he was really quality keeper.

Yeah sorry stumpy. I think I didn't explain myself. I think it all goes into the package of being a quality 'keeper.
Batting, Keeping, Ability to annoy, Gee up team mates.
I just really hated the term keeping all rounder!

Back