Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

daniel_son_91;332220 said:
do yous know or have any idea what you will be playing next year ??

Not really, I'm guessing if GCA3 is around still they'll expect us to play there. The word getting around is that the old SLCA clubs are trying to start it up again, which if is the case you'd assume the GCA will go back to 2 divs.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;332244 said:
Not really, I'm guessing if GCA3 is around still they'll expect us to play there. The word getting around is that the old SLCA clubs are trying to start it up again, which if is the case you'd assume the GCA will go back to 2 divs.

hmm GCA 2 could you and i be playing as soon as next year ?? ;)

it needs to, div 3 is a disgrace to GCA. GCA should be a turf only league, return it to its glory days where Div 2 sides played decent quality cricket. now its a mixture of good and also rans. would also strenghthen the struggling Div 2 sides.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;331597 said:
If we included them names we'll pick up 11;)

DK and Jm wont play in the same side as each other. RM + CH are happy aswell. Dont forget unless St.A have 11 coaches and 11 professionals its hard for anyone to get cleared if they are relagated. Marsland will coz thats we he plays footy and you could rattle off heaps of names but do people want to play Div 2/3 that are already playing Div 1 wouldnt think so

it needs to, div 3 is a disgrace to GCA. GCA should be a turf only league, return it to its glory days where Div 2 sides played decent quality cricket. now its a mixture of good and also rans. would also strenghthen the struggling Div 2 sides.

Jurassic Park;332383 said:
DK and Jm wont play in the same side as each other. RM + CH are happy aswell. Dont forget unless St.A have 11 coaches and 11 professionals its hard for anyone to get cleared if they are relagated. Marsland will coz thats we he plays footy and you could rattle off heaps of names but do people want to play Div 2/3 that are already playing Div 1 wouldnt think so

Take it easy mate, no need to get nervous, the names that got rattled off is someone having a guess, unless you know more than we do:confused::confused:

I have heard cricket clearances are going the same way the footy has gone, can't hold a player unless they owe the club money no exceptions.

If clubs treat players well they have nothing to worry about players won't leave.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;331597 said:
If we included them names we'll pick up 11;)

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;332389 said:
Take it easy mate, no need to get nervous, the names that got rattled off is someone having a guess, unless you know more than we do:confused::confused:

I have heard cricket clearances are going the same way the footy has gone, can't hold a player unless they owe the club money no exceptions.

If clubs treat players well they have nothing to worry about players won't leave.

lets use real names hey guys.

Babies Arm;332489 said:

Excatly, well said, if people speak the truth on hear they have nothing to worry about at all. if ya got some juicy goss and ya know its true, let us all know. thats what the forums are for, spreading lies and rumours is just more fun than the truth. if ya got a good rumour ask everyone if they know anything about it and we might all get to the bottom of it. and we keep some tools at the addy in a job.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;332389 said:

crktluva;332502 said:
Excatly, well said, if people speak the truth on hear they have nothing to worry about at all. if ya got some juicy goss and ya know its true, let us all know. thats what the forums are for, spreading lies and rumours is just more fun than the truth. if ya got a good rumour ask everyone if they know anything about it and we might all get to the bottom of it. and we keep some tools at the addy in a job.

I got some potential gossip:

Are South Barwon or St Albans after Newcomb's D.Koliba for 09/10?

Babies Arm;332489 said:

thommy_rissole;332514 said:

He's left NDCC already.

All I know about us is that there is a meeting being held with a possible coach for next season when our current season finishes, which isn't Koliba.

Muzza is stepping aside as coach but is playing on next season.

crktluva;332502 said:

what about Thommy ?? If you make it up to Div 1 as expected and DK is an ex Thomson player, so could be a home-coming ?

He's left NDCC already.

All I know about us is that there is a meeting being held with a possible coach for next season when our current season finishes, which isn't Koliba.

gca_ipl;332533 said:
what about Thommy ?? If you make it up to Div 1 as expected and DK is an ex Thomson player, so could be a home-coming ?

Expect the un-expected from the GCA.

No home-coming.
You never did answer my question IPL.

shanebourneorwarne;332528 said:
he's left ndcc already.

All i know about us is that there is a meeting being held with a possible coach for next season when our current season finishes, which isn't koliba.

name please!!!

gca_ipl;332533 said:

No home-coming.

thommy_rissole;332540 said:

No home-coming.

most clubs would be interested in getting quality bats into their side it just depends under what circumstances they come into the club. So yes South would be interested in any batsmen with the talent that DK has but he may be interested in other offers from across the Break ! :)

shanebourneorwarne;332528 said:
he's left ndcc already.

All i know about us is that there is a meeting being held with a possible coach for next season when our current season finishes, which isn't koliba.

name please!!!

gca_ipl;332591 said:
most clubs would be interested in getting quality bats into their side it just depends under what circumstances they come into the club. So yes South would be interested in any batsmen with the talent that DK has but he may be interested in other offers from across the Break ! :)

Politically speaking that point was well made :D

thommy_rissole;332540 said:

No home-coming.

gca_ipl;332591 said:

Politically speaking that point was well made :D

gca_ipl;332591 said:

don't know how true, but word around the Break is that South & Grovedale have already shown interest in DK and since both have withdrawn interest.. any have ideas to why or if its true ??

why would a club hold players that didnt want to b there ?, will skinny b coaching again next year ? lol;)

gca_ipl;332591 said:

don't know how true, but word around the Break is that South & Grovedale have already shown interest in DK and since both have withdrawn interest.. any have ideas to why or if its true ??

daniel_son_91;332816 said:

Does he perhaps carry an inflated price tag?

why would a club hold players that didnt want to b there ?, will skinny b coaching again next year ? lol;)

thommy_rissole;332964 said:

Is he worth it? Let's be honest between him and Matt Barkley, i'm not sure who is the most over-rated cricketer to have hit the GCA in recent seasons. Plus you would need to weigh up how much he would be worth to your club as a club-person.

daniel_son_91;332816 said:

i think koliba would still bat pretty well if he was at a club he was happy with, he has clearly not been happy at NDCC for what ever reason, i dont know the bloke personally. but i know he is a class bat and has been ever since his juniors at thomson. he still averaged 34 this year when he wasnt interested. i reckon all clubs would have him if they knew he was keen to play.

thommy_rissole;332964 said:

Is he worth it? Let's be honest between him and Matt Barkley, i'm not sure who is the most over-rated cricketer to have hit the GCA in recent seasons. Plus you would need to weigh up how much he would be worth to your club as a club-person.

i got some potential gossip:

Are south barwon or st albans after newcomb's d.koliba for 09/10?

is dk working at the break still? St albans may have got him a job through there pres, in return he will play for them. If hes not working at the break theres your answer. As for south barwon arent u blokes getting a great bat back? Clinton peake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back