Geelong Cricket Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket Chat

i think koliba would still bat pretty well if he was at a club he was happy with, he has clearly not been happy at NDCC for what ever reason, i dont know the bloke personally. but i know he is a class bat and has been ever since his juniors at thomson. he still averaged 34 this year when he wasnt interested. i reckon all clubs would have him if they knew he was keen to play.

Renny24;332967 said:
Is he worth it? Let's be honest between him and Matt Barkley, i'm not sure who is the most over-rated cricketer to have hit the GCA in recent seasons. Plus you would need to weigh up how much he would be worth to your club as a club-person.

i agree with barkley being very over-rated, The same could b said for illingworth being emergency for the vic country side. DK is still a very good bat has had a lot of problems with injury which dosent help, and when u get to know him he is a great bloke.

thommy_rissole;332514 said:
i got some potential gossip:

Are south barwon or st albans after newcomb's d.koliba for 09/10?

is dk working at the break still? St albans may have got him a job through there pres, in return he will play for them. If hes not working at the break theres your answer. As for south barwon arent u blokes getting a great bat back? Clinton peake.

know all;333190 said:
i agree with barkley being very over-rated, the same could b said for illingworth being emergency for the vic country side. Dk is still a very good bat has had a lot of problems with injury which dosent help, and when u get to know him he is a great bloke.

dk- f.i.g.j.a.m.

Renny24;332967 said:
Is he worth it? Let's be honest between him and Matt Barkley, i'm not sure who is the most over-rated cricketer to have hit the GCA in recent seasons. Plus you would need to weigh up how much he would be worth to your club as a club-person.

i agree with barkley being very over-rated, The same could b said for illingworth being emergency for the vic country side. DK is still a very good bat has had a lot of problems with injury which dosent help, and when u get to know him he is a great bloke.

daniel_son_91;333204 said:
dk- f.i.g.j.a.m.

big call Daniel Son, not sure if he would be known as that, but if you look at any successful sportsman they are always going to be a bit arrogant if they are any good. Look at your avitar picture, I reckon D Lehman would be a very arrogant man because he was so f---en good !!! :)

know all;333190 said:
i agree with barkley being very over-rated, the same could b said for illingworth being emergency for the vic country side. Dk is still a very good bat has had a lot of problems with injury which dosent help, and when u get to know him he is a great bloke.

dk- f.i.g.j.a.m.

gca_ipl;333210 said:
big call Daniel Son, not sure if he would be known as that, but if you look at any successful sportsman they are always going to be a bit arrogant if they are any good. Look at your avitar picture, I reckon D Lehman would be a very arrogant man because he was so f---en good !!! :)

thats very correct, but a bit arrogant and having a big head wobble is different DK is also very much for himself on the field and doesnt give much respect to his teammates/clubmates..

has your brother commented on his shin, he wore a cricket ball to it pretty hard on saturday looked very painful from the pavillion!!

dk- f.i.g.j.a.m.

daniel_son_91;333214 said:
thats very correct, but a bit arrogant and having a big head wobble is different DK is also very much for himself on the field and doesnt give much respect to his teammates/clubmates..

has your brother commented on his shin, he wore a cricket ball to it pretty hard on saturday looked very painful from the pavillion!!

hehe, funny with the shin. I think he got hit there a few weeks ago and he blew up like a balloon on it. He may have thought he hit it again so made it look worse than it was. It did not stop him from sub fielding on the G anyway !!

gca_ipl;333210 said:

gca_ipl;333233 said:
hehe, funny with the shin. I think he got hit there a few weeks ago and he blew up like a balloon on it. He may have thought he hit it again so made it look worse than it was. It did not stop him from sub fielding on the G anyway !!

will any South Barwon members, be down early to suss out some of the juniors in the finals being played there saturday morning, Geelong City batsmen Matt Elliot most notable there, wouldnt mind taking his wicket..

daniel_son_91;333214 said:

daniel_son_91;333267 said:
will any South Barwon members, be down early to suss out some of the juniors in the finals being played there saturday morning, Geelong City batsmen Matt Elliot most notable there, wouldnt mind taking his wicket..

I would say a few of the guys will be down there, they are there most Saturday mornings doing stuff around the club. I will make sure Hornet checks out any of the upcoming talent to see if there is any future guns to be on the look out for !!

gca_ipl;333233 said:

know all;333190 said:

Know All; i) Illingworth just performed well at the right time to get where he did with Vic Country and to tell you the truth he was actually a bit unlucky not to get in the final team. Most rep cricket at that level is really about being able to turn it on in the trial games, etc. ii) DK record speaks for itself; excellent stats at Geelong, Vic 2nd XI, etc. I am not discrediting that; just saying that he has been very disappointing since joining the GCA for someone of his stature, that's all.

daniel_son_91;333267 said:

I would say a few of the guys will be down there, they are there most Saturday mornings doing stuff around the club. I will make sure Hornet checks out any of the upcoming talent to see if there is any future guns to be on the look out for !!

dk- f.i.g.j.a.m.

Speaking of over-rated; Darren Lehmann possibly the most over-rated batsman of our generation. No one denies him his dues at state level; a run-making machine but the Shield has seen many blokes like that; see Siddons, Love, etc. Lehmann just ended up getting in the side as his weight of numbers too good to ignore and for some reason just stayed there. Mind you harder to get out of the Australian side then in, and the fact that he was so far up both his captain's arses also helped.

know all;333190 said:

Know All; i) Illingworth just performed well at the right time to get where he did with Vic Country and to tell you the truth he was actually a bit unlucky not to get in the final team. Most rep cricket at that level is really about being able to turn it on in the trial games, etc. ii) DK record speaks for itself; excellent stats at Geelong, Vic 2nd XI, etc. I am not discrediting that; just saying that he has been very disappointing since joining the GCA for someone of his stature, that's all.

Renny24;333505 said:
Speaking of over-rated; Darren Lehmann possibly the most over-rated batsman of our generation. No one denies him his dues at state level; a run-making machine but the Shield has seen many blokes like that; see Siddons, Love, etc. Lehmann just ended up getting in the side as his weight of numbers too good to ignore and for some reason just stayed there. Mind you harder to get out of the Australian side then in, and the fact that he was so far up both his captain's arses also helped.

Nah come on, in fairness to Boof, hes probably a legend of a bloke. I was watching him on the beach cricket after christmas...theres his calling!!

dk- f.i.g.j.a.m.

THE_LATE_MAIL;332999 said:
is dk working at the break still? St albans may have got him a job through there pres, in return he will play for them. If hes not working at the break theres your answer. As for south barwon arent u blokes getting a great bat back? Clinton peake.

Imagine Prez!!!!

Renny24;333505 said:

Nah come on, in fairness to Boof, hes probably a legend of a bloke. I was watching him on the beach cricket after christmas...theres his calling!!

Renny24;333505 said:

The worst statement ever posted on here.

THE_LATE_MAIL;332999 said:

Imagine Prez!!!!

Renny24;333505 said:

I disagree with that he was more than serviceable for Australia.

D.Lehmann Tests- 27 Games ave 45 5-100s 10-50s HS 177
ODI- 117 Games ave 39 4-100s 17-50s HS 119 52 Wks @ 27 BB- 4-7

Renny24;333505 said:

Renny24;333504 said:

hey renny fair call , do we have a vic country selector from geelong? i stiill scratch my head wondering how dk, justin miller and fergie never had their names placed in front of selectors , i spoke to the coach a few years back< brad glenn> and he had no idea who these players were untill i gave him their cricket stats and phone numbers.

Renny24;333505 said:

Renny24;333505 said:
Very harsh, If you said the most unfit you would of been close.

Renny24;333504 said:

hey renny fair call , do we have a vic country selector from geelong? i stiill scratch my head wondering how dk, justin miller and fergie never had their names placed in front of selectors , i spoke to the coach a few years back< brad glenn> and he had no idea who these players were untill i gave him their cricket stats and phone numbers.

know all;333687 said:

We do have a selector; Gary Anderton has filled the role for many years. A club has to nominate you to attend the trials and there is obviously a deadline to do so. You then need to attend the trials and presumably do well. History tells us that there are a long list of players who have played in the GCA who could have walked into a Vic Country side, but if your club doesn't nominate you and you don't attend the trials, then you don't get picked. That's the correct way to do it i reckon.

Renny24;333505 said:
Very harsh, If you said the most unfit you would of been close.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;333670 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i suppose he just never impressed me that's all. Symonds is the same; Australian cricket can do without him; he has demonstrated that he has no interest in playing for his country anymore. He would probably walk back into the one day side but we have moved past him in the Test side. He is another who has never had to do much to impress people. Awesome fieldsmen; not bad with the bat when he comes off one in every 10 times but only a very, very average bowler; 24 wkts in 26 Tests. An all-rounder is someone who can do all three disciplines equally as well; if Symonds is considered one then so too should Michael Clarke be. Sorry boys; just up for a gripe. The Aussie selectors are on the right path now anyway. Hopefully we have seen the last of Symonds and the unimpressive Brett Lee. Another who has been good but not great. Only taken 300 wickets because he has played so many Test and a best of only 5 for!! Like a batsman making 8,000 runs with a highest score of 110.

know all;333687 said:

We do have a selector; Gary Anderton has filled the role for many years. A club has to nominate you to attend the trials and there is obviously a deadline to do so. You then need to attend the trials and presumably do well. History tells us that there are a long list of players who have played in the GCA who could have walked into a Vic Country side, but if your club doesn't nominate you and you don't attend the trials, then you don't get picked. That's the correct way to do it i reckon.

Smokin Joe;333616 said:

You're not looking hard enough. Perhaps go back to the pages when our Blue West friend was on here. Hey, where did he go? Aren't they on the eve of winning the wooden spoon in the BPCA? And to think, they promised so much.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;333670 said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i suppose he just never impressed me that's all. Symonds is the same; Australian cricket can do without him; he has demonstrated that he has no interest in playing for his country anymore. He would probably walk back into the one day side but we have moved past him in the Test side. He is another who has never had to do much to impress people. Awesome fieldsmen; not bad with the bat when he comes off one in every 10 times but only a very, very average bowler; 24 wkts in 26 Tests. An all-rounder is someone who can do all three disciplines equally as well; if Symonds is considered one then so too should Michael Clarke be. Sorry boys; just up for a gripe. The Aussie selectors are on the right path now anyway. Hopefully we have seen the last of Symonds and the unimpressive Brett Lee. Another who has been good but not great. Only taken 300 wickets because he has played so many Test and a best of only 5 for!! Like a batsman making 8,000 runs with a highest score of 110.

Renny24;333821 said:

sorry renny, ur in a corner here. the great boof was a great player for aus.

Smokin Joe;333616 said:

You're not looking hard enough. Perhaps go back to the pages when our Blue West friend was on here. Hey, where did he go? Aren't they on the eve of winning the wooden spoon in the BPCA? And to think, they promised so much.

Renny24;333821 said:

Id gladly take that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back