Home of Australian Grassroots Cricket

That big partnership between Burridge and Choudry meant you did not bat. Perhaps next game you will show what you can do with the willow.

Yeah hopefully. Burridge is an insanely good batsman, he switch hit their 1st change bowler over point for 6.

Choudry is just a good hack though tbh

Really. Do you have any interest in playing grade which plays both formats.

There’s regular Saturday senior cricket that plays one day and two day cricket.

Never played a 2 dayer before but I reckon I’d really enjoy it so I’m aiming to play that.

There’s regular Saturday senior cricket that plays one day and two day cricket.

Never played a 2 dayer before but I reckon I’d really enjoy it so I’m aiming to play that.
Good for you. Nothing beats the pure form of cricket imho. But I am a dinosaur and grew up on it. I do enjoy T20 too.

Good for you. Nothing beats the pure form of cricket imho. But I am a dinosaur and grew up on it. I do enjoy T20 too.

Yeah T20s are fun and I like having to adapt and change things up.

But bowling more than 2-4 overs and being able to set someone up sounds great.

Some of the Aussies in the leg spin thread might be keen. I know “Leggy88” is younger than me so he’d possibly be playing colts.
You know any West Aussies that play underage or senior PC. I can comment on their individual performances but to have a personal view is good too. Some of your team mates may wanna participate too.

You know any West Aussies that play underage or senior PC. I can comment on their individual performances but to have a personal view is good too. Some of your team mates may wanna participate too.

There’s always the people I play my colts games with. There’s some promising players in there. Not sure how well received this idea would be though.

A boy I have been following in Tassie cricket since he was 15 is Louis Smith. I recall seeing him hit a 100 and take 5 red ball wickets at that age and thinking this kid is going to be a star. A year later he hit 200 and played several third and second grade matches and even made hid firsts debut. Then he sort of went off the scene, probably stress injuries which plague young developing cricketers. I see he is back in Tassie PC and scoring runs again. I expect he is still only about 18 and will prob play PC Firsts this season.

Last edited:
A boy I have been following in Tassie cricket since he was 15 is Louis Smith. I recall seeing him hit a 100 and take 5 red ball wickets at that age and thinking this kid is going to be a star. A year later he hit 200 and played several third and second grade matches and even made a firsts debut Then he sort of went off the scene, probably stress injuries which plague young developing cricketers. I see he is back with his club and scoring runs again. I expect he is still only about 18/19 and will prob play PC Firsts this season.

Yeah there’s usually a reason you don’t see very many super young fast bowlers in professional cricket, just way too much stress on the body.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s always the people I play my colts games with. There’s some promising players in there. Not sure how well received this idea would be though.
Well I'd appreciate it if you mentioned it to them. I expect having the chance to talk about their performances and ideas about the game online may excite some and embarrass others. It obviously excites you.

Yeah there’s usually a reason you don’t see very many super young fast bowlers in professional cricket, just way too much stress on the body.
Louis was not quick but bowled medium fast accurate seam. But it was his batting that impressed me big time. The way he took apart an attack with ease, pace and spin.

Had training last night, I’m trying to work on rotating through properly in my action so my torso finishes closer to parallel with the ground.

At the moment I’m not sure if I’m just a bit stiff but I’m struggling to understand HOW I’m supposed to rotate through from release point and get into this position:
f994b4d72f7e0c20f09691bb41369a25.jpg

When I’ve tried before it just felt like I was going to tear my side in half. I think I understand now, my whole body needs to rotate to face 3rd man/backward point kind of area.

Also the replay of my colts match is on YouTube if you want, you’ll see what I’m talking about:

Well I'd appreciate it if you mentioned it to them. I expect having the chance to talk about their performances and ideas about the game online may excite some and embarrass others. It obviously excites you.

That’s the problem I’m a super-nuffy and also nerdy uni student that likes researching. All the other blokes in my colts team seem more inclined to go down the apprenticeship route.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that, they just probably aren’t as inclined to analyse their bowling with people online.

Had training last night, I’m trying to work on rotating through properly in my action so my torso finishes closer to parallel with the ground.

At the moment I’m not sure if I’m just a bit stiff but I’m struggling to understand HOW I’m supposed to rotate through from release point and get into this position:
f994b4d72f7e0c20f09691bb41369a25.jpg

When I’ve tried before it just felt like I was going to tear my side in half. I think I understand now, my whole body needs to rotate to face 3rd man/backward point kind of area.

Also the replay of my colts match is on YouTube if you want, you’ll see what I’m talking about:

Is this what your coach is telling you. Get all the advice you can. That pic is of Mitchell Johnson who was express. You dont wanna be that do you then you are asking for trouble with stress injuries.

Back