Home of Australian Grassroots Cricket

Is this what your coach is telling you. Get all the advice you can. That pic is of Mitchell Johnson who was express. You dont wanna be that do you then you are asking for trouble with stress injuries.

That was just the first image I found on google that showed what I meant.

I probably take most of my technical stuff from Cummins and Starc (even though he’s left handed). They both have really nice, rhythmical bowling actions.

That was just the first image I found on google that showed what I meant.

I probably take most of my technical stuff from Cummins and Starc (even though he’s left handed). They both have really nice, rhythmical bowling actions.
Yes Cody you need to follow thru well past the crease to generate some pace. And not only your bowling arm is going nowhere but your left arm needs to be more elevated to give you better balance. If I was you watch Josh Hazlewood more than the other pair as in my opinion he has the best action and takes less out of himself. Note his wrist position before release which gives him maximum seam movement. There is a reason he has remained Australias premier seam bowler for the past decade. Also watch old footage of Glenn McGrath. He is our best ever with Josh the best since him imho.

Last edited:
Yes Cody you need to follow thru well past the crease to generate some pace. And not only your bowling arm is going nowhere but your front arm needs to be more elevated. If I was you watch Josh Hazlewood more than the other pair as in my opinion he has the best action and takes less out of himself. There is a reason he has remained Australias premier seam bowler for the past decade.

Yeah I’d been working on my front arm and load up but they really reverted back for that game annoyingly.

I’ve had a consistent problem with my front arm being lazy but I’ve been getting better. I’ve also been trying to get my load up in front of my eye line more, because my elbow starts behind my shoulders which is very bad for getting a good arm arc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a list of issue I keep:

1. Front arm higher and stronger

2. Bowling arm in front of eyes in load up

3. Power through back leg

4. Higher knees in jump and gather (not a higher jump in general)

5. Try to get more side on (this one isn’t a major concern as plenty of bowlers bowl semi-side on)

Your opening bowler Conway has a fairly decent action and follow thru. Sure he'd not mind you picking his brains at training. He may even offer to do some extra work with you. Keech as well.

I have a list of issue I keep:

1. Front arm higher and stronger

2. Bowling arm in front of eyes in load up

3. Power through back leg

4. Higher knees in jump and gather (not a higher jump in general)

5. Try to get more side on (this one isn’t a major concern as plenty of bowlers bowl semi-side on)
Seems you are taking special care of the technical side. So no need for any more advice from me.

Drop me the link Cory.

Match link for non-streamed OD game today: Play Cricket - https://play.cricket.com.au/match/12be2659-bc13-49e1-9814-79b94b150c8d

Streamed Colts T20 tomorrow:

Typed Australian Cricket, nothing. You have a link.

I meant astroturf, aka synthetic wicket.

Bowled 3 at the death after dislocating my ring finger on my bowling hand, took another 1-14. They needed 6 an over. Had an easy dropped catch catch in the 2nd over. Finished with 3-42(8), pretty happy but still lost.

Dislocated my finger off an outfield catching chance that I only just got my finger to.

While I was following you I was watching a Hussey Shield (17 yr) 50 over red ball match between Scarborough and Willeton. I was specially impressed by a Scarborough kid named Gurarg? Sidhu. He is an accurate left arm pacer (3w) and r/h bat (110*), with exceptional timing and if I am any kinda judge he will go places.

Last edited:
Back