Home of Australian Grassroots Cricket

While I was following you I was watching a Hussey Shield (17 yr) 50 over red ball match between Scarborough and Willeton. I was specially impressed by a Scarborough kid named Juhrag Sidhu. He is an accurate left arm pacer (3w) and r/h bat (110*), with exceptional timing and if I am any kinda judge he will go places.

I don’t really follow much below state 2nd XIs other than the club I play for. But he definitely sounds like a talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t really follow much below state 2nd XIs other than the club I play for.
You will find plenty of WA Live Stream games on YT. I have been watching WA 15 and17 year olds for past three years as I get a great kick from following a boys cricket journey. I started with Teague Wyllie.

You will find plenty of WA Live Stream games on YT. I have been watching WA 15 and17 year olds for past three years as I get a great kick from following a boys cricket journey. I started with Teague Wyllie.

I did follow Wyllie specifically because we were in the same classes at school!

I did follow Wyllie specifically because we were in the same classes at school!
Been disappointing considering the abundant natural talent he has. Talent is only half the battle unfortunately if you are not able to absorb the pressure of expectation. Seems Teague is in that category. I recall seeing him as a 15 year old in the nets against 145kph balls from a bowling machine. He was actually commentating as he drove, cut and pulled each as tho he was Ricky Ponting or Steve Smith. Awesome batting.

Last edited:
From what I saw in the shield he gets squared up way too easily by good bowlers.

I also remember him struggling with the diet side of things. He used to get to school drinking a can of coke every morning and I think he liked his Maccas a lot.

Good win by you guys Cody. Was that finger affecting your bowling in the first over as you went for plenty but bounced back in the second.

Last edited:
Cricket Tasmania Emerging Tigers program is the top tier in the pathway.

Emerging Tigers

Darcy Allen (North Hobart)
Hamish Ayliffe (Kingborough)
Taylor Brooks (Clarence)
Zac Curtain (Kingborough)
Luca Di Venuto (Clarence)
Joseph McGann (Lindisfarne)
Tom Murrell (Lindisfarne)
Luke Quinlan (Lindisfarne)
James Scott (Kingborough)
Louis Smith (University)
Riley Whitelaw (Clarence)
Jesse Willmott (New Town)
Thomas Dwyer (Mowbray)
Aidan O'Connor (Riverside)
Ethan Clark (Sheffield)
Riley Stafford (Wynyard)

Cricket Tasmania Development Program

The CTDP is the middle tier pathway 38 week program. The 48 male inductees will receive skill development, strength and conditioning support as well as game play opportunities both regionally and state wide. They are next in line for the Emerging Tigers Program.

Last edited:
ET inductees Louis Smith, Lachlan Clark, Tom Dwyer are currently playing their first Second X1 match for their state. Of the three I am only familiar with Louis Smith who scored a 200 for his club at a very young 16 years of age. He is a tall all rounder who also bowls seam and swing. A huge prospect for Tassie cricket in my view.
Did I already mention this kid?

Last edited:
Back