mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

3D-503;282957 said:
Babo did bat well on sat was very very lucky early and did well to survive, but once set was solid anything on legs is delt with. A weekness for him is he does not play the medium pace bowling that goes away from off stump well was dropped at 2nd slip on about 65 and edged 4 or 5 times throuh slips he much perfures the ball coming on to him. Also does not like it when you talk to him sooked up really well. some innocent comments to him will have him running to the umpire.

I have never seen this guy play b4, but for a bloke to make 140 odd and carry his bat for 170 odd in four digs is in good nick.
Of course he will get lucky at times when you make that many runs, you dont hit everything in the middle no matter who you are.
You no your traveling when guys on here are looking for a weakness in your game.
Well played I say.

The St.Mary boys bar the C/C were very ordinary with the bat on the weekend. I need to have a good hard look in the mirror after the shot I played.
Hopefully our bowlers can take a couple of quick wickets and it will be game on.

Kingy:)

3D-503;282957 said:
Babo did bat well on sat was very very lucky early and did well to survive, but once set was solid anything on legs is delt with. A weekness for him is he does not play the medium pace bowling that goes away from off stump well was dropped at 2nd slip on about 65 and edged 4 or 5 times throuh slips he much perfures the ball coming on to him. Also does not like it when you talk to him sooked up really well. some innocent comments to him will have him running to the umpire.

I have never seen this guy play b4, but for a bloke to make 140 odd and carry his bat for 170 odd in four digs is in good nick.
Of course he will get lucky at times when you make that many runs, you dont hit everything in the middle no matter who you are.
You no your traveling when guys on here are looking for a weakness in your game.
Well played I say.

The St.Mary boys bar the C/C were very ordinary with the bat on the weekend. I need to have a good hard look in the mirror after the shot I played.
Hopefully our bowlers can take a couple of quick wickets and it will be game on.

kingy;282975 said:
Well played I say.

Babo is a gun. End of story.

And I agree with you Kingy. We were horrible on the w/e. From 3/137 30 mins prior to Tea, to be all out for 182 is terrible. Merlo looked pretty solid when they batted, especially Punky.

Got it all ahead of us this week, but if Merlo do win, they will have deserved it.

kingy;282975 said:
Well played I say.

And I agree with you Kingy. We were horrible on the w/e. From 3/137 30 mins prior to Tea, to be all out for 182 is terrible. Merlo looked pretty solid when they batted, especially Punky.

Got it all ahead of us this week, but if Merlo do win, they will have deserved it.

wetdeck;282731 said:
what has happened to the st. andrews top order in te last couple of weeks?
any obvious reason for the poor form two games running?

Do you know anything about cricket? Do you know anything about the people who normally play in that side? Who is out now?

Maybe their just too old and are no good!!

wetdeck;282731 said:

Do you know anything about cricket? Do you know anything about the people who normally play in that side? Who is out now?

Maybe their just too old and are no good!!

3D-503;282957 said:

Yeh lets not play a good cricketer on his merits, lets make an ass of ourselves and sledge a good bloke and a good cricketer.

Well done Babo hope you good form continues (except against us - LOL) but if you make runs against us I will be the first to shake your hand and say well done.

Lets hope we can have the same grand final as a few years ago. Played in the same spirit. Good luck Matty also. Phil welcome back old timer i will see you in the old peoples home mate for a beer.

3D-503;282957 said:

Yeh lets not play a good cricketer on his merits, lets make an ass of ourselves and sledge a good bloke and a good cricketer.

Well done Babo hope you good form continues (except against us - LOL) but if you make runs against us I will be the first to shake your hand and say well done.

Lets hope we can have the same grand final as a few years ago. Played in the same spirit. Good luck Matty also. Phil welcome back old timer i will see you in the old peoples home mate for a beer.

Guru14;282267 said:
Jonty I don't think you can down play the influence of the new cc down there obviously the change of voice and message might be working. Having said that Punky is a gun and the measuring stick of how the side is travelling. They would be keen to have a bat over 75 overs after their poor showing against St Francis even though they got 240 odd.

no doubt Muz is having a big bearing on a few of us young blokes and some older blokes down there, would be a nice reward if he was able to get amongst the runs this week a few of our boys havent really had much quality time in the middle.

Just on Punk his performances must be given some credit to his other opening partner, no doubt he is providing great support and advice from the other end, taking a few body blows and seeing off most of the shine :p haha.

Guru14;282267 said:
Jonty I don't think you can down play the influence of the new cc down there obviously the change of voice and message might be working. Having said that Punky is a gun and the measuring stick of how the side is travelling. They would be keen to have a bat over 75 overs after their poor showing against St Francis even though they got 240 odd.

no doubt Muz is having a big bearing on a few of us young blokes and some older blokes down there, would be a nice reward if he was able to get amongst the runs this week a few of our boys havent really had much quality time in the middle.

Just on Punk his performances must be given some credit to his other opening partner, no doubt he is providing great support and advice from the other end, taking a few body blows and seeing off most of the shine :p haha.

mmvca;283007 said:

if not for a so called 'dubious' catch hey harry haha. oops have i opened a can of worms? clean as you like mate, cya satdy.

mmvca;283007 said:

if not for a so called 'dubious' catch hey harry haha. oops have i opened a can of worms? clean as you like mate, cya satdy.

kingy;282975 said:
Well played I say.

Yeah Kingy heard you were chatting like a police informant just prior to chopping one on, reminded a few of Laurence O'Toole from the World of Sport days.:eek: Never mind I'm sure it will come back to you eventually that thing they call batting!!

kingy;282975 said:
Well played I say.

Yeah Kingy heard you were chatting like a police informant just prior to chopping one on, reminded a few of Laurence O'Toole from the World of Sport days.:eek: Never mind I'm sure it will come back to you eventually that thing they call batting!!

DonPavillion;283137 said:

Unbelieveable they let you in!!!!

Unbelieveable they let you in!!!!

old hack;283052 said:

Hacky sack, hpefully you aren't hinting at a St Andrews St Francis grand final this early in the season? Fair size stones my friend, there's a long way to go and plenty of water to travel under the bridge. The way I see it right at the moment you might only be there in spirit given the form with the stick. Smoke can bowl no doubt but can he carry you old blokes all year. Sides are thinking about what they do more and more gone are the days of half trackers and half volleys. It might be a bit harder having to think about your batting for the rest of the season.

old hack;283052 said:

Hacky sack, hpefully you aren't hinting at a St Andrews St Francis grand final this early in the season? Fair size stones my friend, there's a long way to go and plenty of water to travel under the bridge. The way I see it right at the moment you might only be there in spirit given the form with the stick. Smoke can bowl no doubt but can he carry you old blokes all year. Sides are thinking about what they do more and more gone are the days of half trackers and half volleys. It might be a bit harder having to think about your batting for the rest of the season.

wetdeck;282731 said:

Our top order definately needs to lift if we are to have any chance of contending this year there are 2 blokes in our side that can hold there heads up high at the moment(they know who they are) and without them we would probably be bottom of the ladder but the good sign is we are still winning so look out if we gel together and let me tell you there is one bloke who is itching to make a run and i believe this could be the game to do it!!! go saints

wetdeck;282731 said:

Our top order definately needs to lift if we are to have any chance of contending this year there are 2 blokes in our side that can hold there heads up high at the moment(they know who they are) and without them we would probably be bottom of the ladder but the good sign is we are still winning so look out if we gel together and let me tell you there is one bloke who is itching to make a run and i believe this could be the game to do it!!! go saints

Guys, i agree with all your comments about Babo, he has had a superb start to the season, for a guy to have nearly 400 runs at this stage of the season is staggering, bat through the innings twice (i think he may have been run out last ball) is a huge effort. So to bat for 75 overs, of course you are going to give a chance or two. Good luck to him, but hopefully he won't make that many against us after xmas.

Bomber, all sounds promising, i am presuming they are all young blokes except for the coach. Good luck for the rest of the season. We get you guys in a couple of weeks. Should be a good game.

Guys, i agree with all your comments about Babo, he has had a superb start to the season, for a guy to have nearly 400 runs at this stage of the season is staggering, bat through the innings twice (i think he may have been run out last ball) is a huge effort. So to bat for 75 overs, of course you are going to give a chance or two. Good luck to him, but hopefully he won't make that many against us after xmas.

Bomber, all sounds promising, i am presuming they are all young blokes except for the coach. Good luck for the rest of the season. We get you guys in a couple of weeks. Should be a good game.

Guru14;283141 said:

I don't no who you are Guru but your mail is spot on, I made an ass of myself but it was all good fun, it put a bit life in the game.
As for that thing they call batting, its not my go, Im what you would call a bowler who does not get a bowl.
Just 1 for the Merlo boys: please get an extra slab of Carlton during the week , Im off the VB (actually thats for all clubs that play us).

kingy:)

Guru14;283141 said:

I don't no who you are Guru but your mail is spot on, I made an ass of myself but it was all good fun, it put a bit life in the game.
As for that thing they call batting, its not my go, Im what you would call a bowler who does not get a bowl.
Just 1 for the Merlo boys: please get an extra slab of Carlton during the week , Im off the VB (actually thats for all clubs that play us).

3D-503;282957 said:

you are obviously a pascoe vale cricket club no hoper mate. stupid comments. instead of saying how much he whinges why dont u and ur team hold ur catches. not good enough obviously..gun batsman will make u pay and thats what he did......

3D-503;282957 said:

you are obviously a pascoe vale cricket club no hoper mate. stupid comments. instead of saying how much he whinges why dont u and ur team hold ur catches. not good enough obviously..gun batsman will make u pay and thats what he did......

YoungGun;282927 said:
KOMODO DRAGON they may be having a bad patch atm but ur a tosser

Ohhh, I remember you. Your'e that A-grade bloke playing B-grade cricket.
We heard enough of your shit last year. Piss off back to your mickey-mouse comp.

YoungGun;282927 said:
KOMODO DRAGON they may be having a bad patch atm but ur a tosser

We heard enough of your shit last year. Piss off back to your mickey-mouse comp.

kingy;283190 said:

it did make it interesting mate, if you ask us it was what got us going, so thanks for the wake up call.

Hey and between you and me muz was bowling pies too, thanks for letting him know! haha

kingy;283190 said:

it did make it interesting mate, if you ask us it was what got us going, so thanks for the wake up call.

Hey and between you and me muz was bowling pies too, thanks for letting him know! haha

Good to see genuine banter on here instead of outright sledging and needless personal attacks. I'm just disappointed that I can't get amongst the talk as I've been unable to get on the park all season!!

I'm all for talking trash on the field, because there are quite a few people who can't handle that (particularly bowlers). But the main thing is that after the game, all is forgiven, and beers are had.

That's what it's all about, and it appears, in the main, that it happens in this comp which is great. Afterall, we are just hacks doing our best.

Good to see genuine banter on here instead of outright sledging and needless personal attacks. I'm just disappointed that I can't get amongst the talk as I've been unable to get on the park all season!!

I'm all for talking trash on the field, because there are quite a few people who can't handle that (particularly bowlers). But the main thing is that after the game, all is forgiven, and beers are had.

That's what it's all about, and it appears, in the main, that it happens in this comp which is great. Afterall, we are just hacks doing our best.

wetdeck;282731 said:
Its called being unavailable, not whinging cause we still havnt lost a game but that is the answer to your question, start to judge us from our next game when we should be back to full strength.

wetdeck;282731 said:
Its called being unavailable, not whinging cause we still havnt lost a game but that is the answer to your question, start to judge us from our next game when we should be back to full strength.

Komodo Dragon;283206 said:

ohh is that how u see things is it ur a tool mate .... everyone knows who i am why dont u just let everyone no who u are ??? u arnt scared are u or is it because u probably have never played a grade cricket before and ur that little bitch who runs around picking up the afternoon teas and collecting the money for the umpires..

Komodo Dragon;283206 said:

ohh is that how u see things is it ur a tool mate .... everyone knows who i am why dont u just let everyone no who u are ??? u arnt scared are u or is it because u probably have never played a grade cricket before and ur that little bitch who runs around picking up the afternoon teas and collecting the money for the umpires..

lol gimme a break, the other opener cant take any credit for what has happened this year lol. an takin a few body blows???? its not punks fault his openin partner is no good lol.

lol gimme a break, the other opener cant take any credit for what has happened this year lol. an takin a few body blows???? its not punks fault his openin partner is no good lol.

kingy;283190 said:

KIngy from what I heard you were good value, if we all worried about making a fool of ourselves no one would play cricket! Also heard the Merlo boys were very happy with you guys hanging around, that's what cricket is all about having a laugh and beer after the game. I hope you get some runs soon mate and keep enjoying what you are doing. Just don't catch a cab home after the game:eek: LOL

kingy;283190 said:

KIngy from what I heard you were good value, if we all worried about making a fool of ourselves no one would play cricket! Also heard the Merlo boys were very happy with you guys hanging around, that's what cricket is all about having a laugh and beer after the game. I hope you get some runs soon mate and keep enjoying what you are doing. Just don't catch a cab home after the game:eek: LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back