NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Cotchin Boys;294641 said:
Clearance forms were signed tonight.
Heading to Rivergum

spare us the crap mate , he wouldnt even know where kelynack was.
most players would atleast want to know one person at the club they were meant to be heading to or maybe even have a train with them first wouldnt you think? i doubt very much that clearance has the word rivergum on it.
i reckon you're F.O.S champ.
besides arent we paying to many other players at the moment??? couldnt fit him under our cap.

paul collingwood;294682 said:
most players would atleast want to know one person at the club they were meant to be heading to or maybe even have a train with them first wouldnt you think? i doubt very much that clearance has the word rivergum on it.
besides arent we paying to many other players at the moment??? couldnt fit him under our cap.

It's funny when a team starts performing, people start saying that their players are on the $.

Rumor has it they (being Rivergum) only take players of the Red variety. So lets get the rinse out (those of us that have hair)!

Not really a family club the old Rosie Boys!!! The old Social boys used to drink all night ubtill stubbies were getting knocked off now there fridge is a VAULT. Every1 is home by 6.45pm. I Believe he should join a club that makes a grade or a A grade team that needs him to help develop other players Come on Kane play 4 the love of the game forget the coin and give a club needing a boost a hand. Any thoughts on A grade teams buying all these imports form INDIA SRI LANKA OR GREECE
ie Perera
Nimal Wickaranthachinanwijnshkyhhns
Sammy Kandage
Ano Xidias
or any other import ANY THOUGHTS is it destroyin the comp??????????

Party Pies;294724 said:
Not really a family club the old Rosie Boys!!! The old Social boys used to drink all night ubtill stubbies were getting knocked off now there fridge is a VAULT. Every1 is home by 6.45pm. I Believe he should join a club that makes a grade or a A grade team that needs him to help develop other players Come on Kane play 4 the love of the game forget the coin and give a club needing a boost a hand. Any thoughts on A grade teams buying all these imports form INDIA SRI LANKA OR GREECE
ie Perera
Sammy Kandage
Ano Xidias

I'm laughing my pants off....Greece....Ano an import...he would be shocked.... more like a NMCA/JIKA legend....he has been playing in the comp for 35 years...

Imports are good for the comp, bad for clubs that rely on them!!!

Party Pies;294724 said:
ie Perera
Sammy Kandage
Ano Xidias

Party Pies, you are an idiot.
Ano has been at Druids since World War I.

I'm not a 100% sure which club he has been cleared too but I know that the clearance forms were signed last night. It might be donath that he is going to.

Mr Wonderful;294813 said:
Party Pies, you are an idiot.
Ano has been at Druids since World War I.
The Ano call was clearly a gag. When you log on don't forget to log on to your sense of humour too. Maybe you're the fool in this case?

Cotchin Boys;294844 said:
I'm not a 100% sure which club he has been cleared too but I know that the clearance forms were signed last night. It might be donath that he is going to.
Not 100% sure? But you said it was Rivergum. Kane probably doesn't speak to the 4ths like your good self.

Strong rumuor is.....who else is a chance to win the flag....hmmm
thats right i'll go to camrea

Camrea have more than a foot in the door....watch this space

lets face it though, his credibility has been shot to pieces, (whether he wins a flag or not) he's better off leaving the comp altogether

There is no way the heavies down at cotchin res would be paying K.Sevior, S harvey or G Eyre a dime. They are fringe players at best that would never really influence the outcome of an important game. I reckon the just feel priveleged playing with some handy cricketers.
They where keen to go to Taipans but everyone at Main st were against the move.

As i have said in a previous post, its all about Cumrea and Moneybank. This was posted on the official NMCA website giving AJesensek and Cumrea a massive wrap on there achievements:
A NORTH METRO LEGEND

After amassing more than 5200 runs, taking home three Bill McFarlane Medals and captaining the association Alex Jesensek is a living legend of the Northern Metropolitan Cricket Association.

Jesensek will go down in history as one of the greatest batsmen seen at the Camrea Taipans Cricket Club and in North Metro Cricket.

While playing with the Camrea Stingrays Cricket Club Jesensek was awarded the club championship on five occasions and skippered the first XI for two summers. It is with that club that he once blazed a century in 32 minutes.

The first two McFarlane Medals, awarded to the champion North Metro cricketer, came in 1992/93 and again in 2002/03, sharing the award with Rosebank prolific run scorer Damien Sampimon.

In between these two medal winning years 'AJ' then headed down the Hume Highway and spent two seasons, 1999/00 – 2000/01, with the 150 year-old Kilmore Cricket Club in the Seymour District turf competition. Both years he took out the batting and bowling awards.

In the last summer of the Camrea Stingrays before the amalgamation with Thomastown Jesensek amassed 1010 runs in a season that saw the run machine average an astonishing 123.5. This aggregate runs tally fell just short of the 1235 mark set by Norm Smith, of Melbourne Football Club fame, way back in 1942/43 with the Dennis Cricket Club.

In the three years between 2001 – 2004 Alex amassed a massive 2500 runs with an average in excess of 100.

On the eve of the 2004/05 season merger took place between the Stingrays, based at Zwar Park, and the Thomastown Cricket Club to form the Camrea Taipans Cricket Club, with their home at Main St. Reserve Thomastown.

In that inaugural season Jesensek became the first player to score a century for the club with 131 in the opening round against the Preston Druids. Also in this season he polled second in the McFarlane Medal and was selected as captain of the Associations Team of the Year. In a top performance the Camrea Taipans took the honours in the Burland Shield (now Jika Shield) in that very first year.

For the next three consecutive seasons, 05/06 – 07/08, Alex led the Camrea Taipans. His third McFarlane Medal came his way in 2006/07 in a season that saw him manage three tons, including 140 not out against Northcote United.

Last summer, 2007/08, was the season that saw the Camrea Taipans finish runner-up to Keon Park in the Jika Shield after a heart breaking grand final loss. On day two the Taipans were dismissed cheaply after their attack was well on top early on day one. In the representative match against the Diamond Valley Cricket Association Jesensek captained the North Metro XI with his team-mate John Bubis also in that line-up.

On two occasions, 2005/06 – 06/07, Alex Jesensek has taken out the Camrea Taipans club champion award, The Chris Sismanes/ Tony Fellows Medal.

In all seven centuries, three of those unbeaten, have been accrued by this icon for the Taipans, with the highest being 161 in the 2005/06 preliminary final victory over Keon Park.

Six times Alex has taken out the A grade batting averages trophy, while on four occasions he has been selected in the Team of the Year. In the year 2000 Jesensek was inducted into the Camrea C.C. Hall of Fame while in early 2007 he was named in the Camrea Stingrays Greatest Ever Team.

This current season has seen him tally over 200 runs at an average of around 35.

How about the fantastic achievement by the Parkers in winning last years flag!!!!!!!!!!
Its all about past achievements and reputations

friezy69;295144 said:
aj is a legend dont go round saying he doesnt deserve that recognition

Im not saying he hasnt been a top player, all i am saying is that there is more to this association Than Aj & Cumrea

yesterday it was rivergum , today its donath who's your next guess champ maybe lalor tomorrow?
everything you've posted this season has been bullshit mate, why would it change now.

Could this article be an obituary for his playing days?

Otherwise, what would prompt such biography?

canplay1;295155 said:
Im not saying he hasnt been a top player, all i am saying is that there is more to this association Than Aj & Cumrea

I thought it was a really good article about a star of the competition over many seasons.
I think you need to go to the parlors, blow your load and release some tension.

Cotchin Boys, i dont think you have told the truth once on this forum since u have been on. no one takes you seriously anymore. we would all like to know which club sevior has been cleared to today?? i heard he is playing for north alphington in the one day comp.....
jesensek deserves all the recognition he gets. only decent bloke down at that club

Informant;295382 said:
Cotchin Boys, i dont think you have told the truth once on this forum since u have been on. no one takes you seriously anymore. we would all like to know which club sevior has been cleared to today?? i heard he is playing for north alphington in the one day comp.....
jesensek deserves all the recognition he gets. only decent bloke down at that club
sevior isnt leaving rosebank. as for the other boys gleeson newbould playing 2nds at socials martin putt in for a clearance back 2 socials this week and eyres needs a plate in his hand out for a few games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back