NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NMCA(formerly Jika) '08/'09

Bazza;313054 said:
No quiet night, designated driver duties? Was pretty happy though, I thought it was a really good arm wrestle hopefully we can do that in March sometime?

the finale would be nice! cobras played well and deserved victory..i was really unhappy that i didnt get to see bramich bowl to wight. was looking forward to that for quit some time. in the end wight won the battle!!

inspiration.666;312962 said:
trouble with the prez of socials is that he has a chip on his shoulder. he is always talking up his junior program, the amount of cash they have in the bank etc etc. he criticises every other club for paying players and claims that players only play at socials for the love of the club. the fact is that they do pay players just to get relegated.

apparently a few words were said after the game when the pres congratulated camrea for there win about money.

gossip90;313272 said:
apparently a few words were said after the game when the pres congratulated camrea for there win about money.

The boys down at main st are not happy with the comments made by northern soc president. Everyone reckons he wouldnt have a clue about running a club. He just likes to talk himself and his club up even though they have done sweet F.A in the comp.

bowler.11;313364 said:
The boys down at main st are not happy with the comments made by northern soc president. Everyone reckons he wouldnt have a clue about running a club. He just likes to talk himself and his club up even though they have done sweet F.A in the comp.
They might do as well down in Jack Qiuck next year as Cameron has this year

Apparently on Saturday certain followers of Northcote were telling some spectators at the game that the club is playing 13k per season for their sri lankan imports.:eek:
I wonder whether anyone from northcote can confirm that

Given that larsen , plumpton , mcgann , tenuta ,and sampimon wont play heres the a grade side in batting order

j .bubis - camrea

m white - keon park
s. Berak camrea
a jesensek camrea
m.sticca baseballers
perera camrea
o brien holy trinity
wickram keon park
perera baseballers
lancaster baseballers
mcniece nth utd
docherty kp 12th man

that is if all these guys play be interested in opinions if anyone else pulls out !

8 ball over;313874 said:
Given that larsen , plumpton , mcgann , tenuta ,and sampimon wont play heres the a grade side in batting order

j .bubis - camrea

m white - keon park
s. Berak camrea
a jesensek camrea
m.sticca baseballers
perera camrea
o brien holy trinity
wickram keon park
perera baseballers
lancaster baseballers
mcniece nth utd
docherty kp 12th man

that is if all these guys play be interested in opinions if anyone else pulls out !
have heard theres a few more injuries in the squad, will really struggle to put a fit team on the ground, might not be even worth turning up on monday, now that would be a shambles

Heard a rumor that if Northcote Utd had beaten Rosebank again last weekend that the Northcote boys were going to approach the nmca and ask it to be Northcote Utd vs DVCA AND if Northcote were to win they demanded that there team photo (with scoreboard of course) be on the front page of the Herald Sun!!!! Can anyone confirm:confused:

whats everyones thoughts on this weeks games:

camrea vs rosebank
socials vs northcote
baseballers vs keon park
trinity vs druids

gossip90;314495 said:
whats everyones thoughts on this weeks games:

camrea vs rosebank
socials vs northcote
baseballers vs keon park
trinity vs druids

4 games of cricket, played on Saturday afternoon, spread over 2 Saturdays.

Dirk Kuyt;314525 said:
4 games of cricket, played on Saturday afternoon, spread over 2 Saturdays.

Pretty accurate there.

On a more serious note, What are the tips for the Winners of each shield?

On a more serious note, What are the tips for the Winners of each shield?[/QUOTE]

J/S I like Rosebank NB to finish the seaon off stronger, this rounds match will be a great guide, and intriguing that saturday opponents, monday teammates for a number of the main players

Q/S Lalor if they can keep it together, which on recent history has not been the case, Cobras looking more solid than the other 3 battling for a playoff position, but wouldnt be surprised if they did it

K/S Bundoora Park.

I think the NMCA should introduce a twenty20 comp next season, in one of these two formats.

Either
-All the Jika and Quick sides sorted into 4 groups of 4, each team playing the others in its pool once and the top 2 sides going through to the quarter finals

or

- The 24 teams from the top 3 grades sorted into 4 pools of 6, with each team playing each team in its pool once and the top 2 sides going through to the quarters.

The games could be played midweek and perhaps in coloured clothing.

Thoughts?

the_socialite;315418 said:
I think the NMCA should introduce a twenty20 comp next season, in one of these two formats.

Either
-All the Jika and Quick sides sorted into 4 groups of 4, each team playing the others in its pool once and the top 2 sides going through to the quarter finals

or

- The 24 teams from the top 3 grades sorted into 4 pools of 6, with each team playing each team in its pool once and the top 2 sides going through to the quarters.

The games could be played midweek and perhaps in coloured clothing.

Thoughts?

Not a bad idea at all Joel.

good idea joel sounds good
i just want to know peoples thoughts about introducing coloured clothing in the top 3 grades in 1 dayers and using white balls

Any Thoughts

thegreatest;315597 said:
good idea joel sounds good
i just want to know peoples thoughts about introducing coloured clothing in the top 3 grades in 1 dayers and using white balls

Any Thoughts

good idea, i think it would be something that the board would be thinking about during the off season

the a grade squad has been selected and as predicted

larsen plumpton tenuta and sampimon all out along with mcgann and berak . question mark on bubis , could be a very quick game dvca squad looks way to strong for this side .

m.white
wickrama
perera
jesansek
sticca
bubis ?
obrien
perera
docherty
lancaster
mcniece

dont know who else has been added but if you are thinking of going you might want to get there early

8 ball over;315812 said:
the a grade squad has been selected and as predicted

larsen plumpton tenuta and sampimon all out along with mcgann and berak . question mark on bubis , could be a very quick game dvca squad looks way to strong for this side .

m.white
wickrama
perera
jesansek
sticca
bubis ?
obrien
perera
docherty
lancaster
mcniece

dont know who else has been added but if you are thinking of going you might want to get there early

arrogance if i have ever seen it, too good to represent your own association. superstars they are

Informant;315841 said:
arrogance if i have ever seen it, too good to represent your own association. superstars they are

No pay, No play. Its very simple boys. The millionaires only play if there is cash in their sky rocket. I see DV have some selected some slippery bowlers, thats why the show ponies have gone missing. You wouldn't want to look like a bunny against fast/quality bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back