PARIS OLYMPICS

Unbelievable swim from Wiffen to make historymfor Ireland, he looked in a bit of trouble with about 100m to go but then found something.

Last edited:
Unbelievable swim from Wiffen to make historymfor Ireland, he looked in a bit I trouble with about 100m to go but then found something.
More than luck of the Irish for Wiffen but what about the collapse of Winnington, went from #1 to finish last 6 secs below his best.

Heartbreaking! Brit Luke Greenbank has just gone through every stage of grief in about five seconds poolside — I'll see if I can find you a photo.

He swam the fastest time of anyone in the fourth and final 200-metre backstroke heat … but he was disqualified for spending too long underwater coming out of the last turn.

That swim and time by Pan in the 100m free was ludicrous, only 2 other swimmers have even gone under 27 without a suit.

Commie Chinese came into the Games as cheats. So what are IOC officials doing about them and these ridiculous times they are setting. Reading that Commie athletes train 12 hours a day, 24/7 and are rarely home more than twice a week.

Last edited:
Dead set if it wasnt for our girls we'd not win any swimming gold. Even Zac SC unable to defend his 200 breast title.

Hearing Jess Fox is now the greatest Olympic paddler in history after claiming the C1 title over nite. That is 2 down one to go for the treble Jess. So close for the German girl Thomas...

Last edited:
Bad news for Australian Popyrin who lost against GER Zverev in Tennis. The Tillies, though losing against the US, were playing much better against them than the German team.

Laughable.
Yes, the Paris Games will go down in history as the ones accompanied by failures, bad breaks, and mishaps. What does it take to run sustainable games, to provide optimal conditions for athletes and visitors? Organisers and athlete have different views on comfortable temps in room, good nutrition, comfy beds, etc.pp. Now it turns out the swimming pools aren't deep enough (Saving water and cutting costs) which is why hardly any new records have been set so far.

which is why hardly any new records have been set so far.
Except the 'extraordinary' 100m by that Commie Chinese swimmer. Some swim experts are saying to swim that time against that field was next to 'impossible', without cheating, (implied but not said).

Back