South Africa in Australia

Re: South Africa in Australia

schwab2clarkson;297833 said:
Problem with that is that Casson hasn't even been picked for his state for a while. I think that he's also out injured.

I thought he was getting a game before Hauritz... ahh well.

Mousey;297851 said:
I thought he was getting a game before Hauritz... ahh well.
He's been out injured and is currently trying to get back in but has form problems.

Isn't quite ready for tests just yet.

That's the problem the selectors are picking guys that aren't really ready to play tests.
Krejza got dropped because he obviously isn't and won't fill shane warnes shoes.
Remember that the team has lost a few great players. Their replacements have got huge shoes to fill.
We have lost our depth

Agree on that point that they have big shoes to fill, and if no spinners are up to the task, then so spinners should be picked, plain and simple.

Maybe in Sydney we need a spinner, but in Melbourne we can survive.

schwab2clarkson;297841 said:
He's constantly getting councelling from the sports psychologist who is travelling with the team...

The fact is that he has to take his son with him everywhere all because his marriage broke up.

For him to be a single dad and being away so often makes it hard for him because he is constantly worrying about his son.

Well then he shouldn't be playing. It's pretty simple.

Bollinger should have come in as well. We definitely should go for the 4 quicks however we won't and Hauritz will get another chance to prove himself.

South Africa have named a squad for the ODI series and Twenty20 games.

South Africa ODI and Twenty20 squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Johan Botha (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Mark Boucher (wk), AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis, Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel, Makhaya Ntini, Wayne Parnell, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Vaughn van Jaarsveld.

Cricinfo - Gibbs recalled for Australia ODIs

ArShad;297980 said:
ODI matches Aus have the edge . SA not that good in ODI.....

We also USED to have the edge in the Test Arena.

Things have changed but I'll still back my boys all day everyday.

el-capitano;297704 said:
Casson isnt in the best of form at the moment- then again no Aussie spinner is really! ;)

I'd rather they use four quicks and use Katich (who is rather handy), Clarke and Symonds as the spin options for Melbourne.

Sydney's a different kettle of fish though! ;)

Oh I bet you'd love to use the Kat. ;) :D

Jolldo87;297974 said:
South Africa have named a squad for the ODI series and Twenty20 games.

South Africa ODI and Twenty20 squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Johan Botha (vice-capt), Hashim Amla, Mark Boucher (wk), AB de Villiers, JP Duminy, Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Kallis, Albie Morkel, Morne Morkel, Makhaya Ntini, Wayne Parnell, Dale Steyn, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Vaughn van Jaarsveld.

Cricinfo - Gibbs recalled for Australia ODIs

*Smith
Gibbs
Amla
Kallis
de Villiers
Duminy
+Boucher
A Morkel
Botha
Steyn
Ntini

OR

*Smith
Gibbs
Amla
Kallis
de Villiers
+Boucher
A Morkel
Botha
M Morkel
Steyn
Ntini

Is Csson a better spinner than Kreja/hauritz in your opinions?

He is a leg spinner rgiht?Then even if he is out of for don't you thinkwe should give him a chance.Maybe being selected for Australia will help.

Leg spinners arnt usually as easy to keep taking singles off unless they bowl it to wide then you just cut em but with off spinners with it soming to your legs to can just prod it through the leg side.(This is if your right handed and theres a number of right handers in SA)

ArShad;297980 said:
ODI matches Aus have the edge . SA not that good in ODI.....

I think we lost ir way with the make up of the side against england.
It is a rather bold statment though we were ranked number 1 after March this year.
I think this side is alot better and can recapture the good odi form we had earlier in the year.

ArShad;299291 said:
Poor selection , Siddle should have been left out .....

I agree. But it would have been a hard decision for Ponting to make. If I was ponting though I would have picked Hilfenhaus over Siddle so at least if they lose with hilfenhaus you can say that you tryed something different. Where as if you lose with Siddle again he will cop it big time from the media for not giving Hilfenhau a go in the all important 2nd test. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

may i ask why has australia opted for a offspinner to replace an offspinner. Aren't there any decent legspinners in the domestic circuit? If so shoulden't they be considered for selection, As Australia always were competent in the spin department with mcgill,warne, and even hogg.

Back