The Lounge 2

Suspecting I may have bronchitis and will need antibiotics. I was feeling better this morning after my best sleep in a week so will monitor myself over the next few days.
If you suspect that, I wouldn't wait that long. See a doctor as soon as possible. What will you gain by waiting?

So lucky he ducked in time. He may now realise that he is no longer as popular as he figured and step aside.

Joe Biden said the assassination attempt on Trump was unprecedented.

Wrong!

This incident is not the first of its kind, several former presidents and presidential candidates have faced assassination attempts. Historically, four presidents—Abraham Lincoln, James A Garfield, William McKinley, and John F Kennedy—have been assassinated. Here is a list of some notable assassinations and attempts on political figures since the founding of the nation in 1776.

Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president

James A Garfield, the 20th president

William McKinley, the 25th president

Franklin D. Roosevelt, the 32nd president

Harry S. Truman, the 33rd president

John F. Kennedy, the 35th president

Gerald Ford, the 38th president

Ronald Reagan, the 40th president

George W. Bush, the 43rd president

Theodore Roosevelt, presidential candidate

Robert F. Kennedy, presidential candidate

George Wallace, presidential candidate

Donald J. Trump, presidential candidate

About every third US President has assassination attempts or successes against them!

Not a peaceful Democracy at all.

No doubt gun sales will now increase!

Last edited:
I think the opposite Craig. I reckon we'll see a jump in Trump's ratings with more money pouring into his campaign funds.
I could be wrong though.
If the case could he have engineered this in an effort to win sympathy, by having someone fire a blank shot, scratch his own ear while he was out of view, then tell the public that the shooter had been killed. Fairly devious I know but he has been copping plenty of recent flack and he remains a convicted felon.

Last edited:
If the case could he have engineered this in an effort to win sympathy, by having someone fire a blank shot, scratch his own ear while he was out of view, then tell the public that the shooter had been killed. Fairly devious I know but he has been copping plenty of recent flack and he remains a convicted felon.

Two inches to the right ...

It could have been contrived Craig. The 20yr old shooter Thomas Matthew Crooks, used an AR-style rifle that are common in mass shootings in the US.
They are affordable, lightweight and semi-automatic, meaning they can fire multiple rounds quickly.
It was not a sniper rifle and hit two in the crowd behind Trump killing one. That seems like the act of dim/psycho and callous amateur, I think....?
Happy to be wrong like many of all the conspiracy theories now already hitting the net, like it was organised by Biden, the Chinese, the Russians, the Canadians, the Muslims, the Mexicans, Europe and NATO, the French by their Paris Climate Accord CEO's, the South American migrants wanting to enter the US, the Martians, the Europeans, the Mafia for a price, McDonalds, Trump's own security detail were corrupt turning a blind eye til the shooting started despite crowd members priorly pointing towards the shooter, intolerable incompetence, .... or Biden's harsh rhetoric about Trump's psychopathies and crimes..heard by a mentally ill individual? That's my best guess. "A mentally deranged psycho individual" went nuts!!! ??? And/or with some righteous hatred too? Self confirming extreme media adding to extreme feelings.

The usual excuse for a "gun addicted nation" who rant "guns don't kill people, people kill people". Stupid Blather imho.
So often they blame gun killings on mental dysfunction yet in much of the US one can buy an AR rifle with your cornflakes...
I sincerely thank our Aussie ex Liberal PM Howard for our now strict gun laws in Oz. Spurned on by the gruesome Tassie Port Arthur massacre.
In WA it's mooted politically that farmers and some other professions can be restricted to owning up to just a dozen firearms, and others up to six, all with strict protocols, licenses, locked cabinets, .... Seems fair to me given the growing criminals and nutters in our remotest and vaste region. Think 'Mad Max' on huge scale.
Even a Roo shooter could work with a dozen limit on arms.. Maybe not collectors?
How do you feel about that Kram? I used to hunt for ducks, roos, rabbits, but never pigs, but I helped catch one in a shutting trap cage baited with food n water as bait... my country ex locked it in. My old father in law was our precise and butcher as per his trade. Very tasty. I love lean tender pork steaks especially with fried egg plant.🧑‍🍳

Last edited:
Now all that info has been released to the media is unlikely it was Trumps own doing. Some saying this could cause a civil uprising, the right against the left.

Back