The Lounge 2

Indirectly, if you like. Several airports in GER were shutting down and I was waiting for the major one in Frankfurt to follow suit and the railway system to do the same. That would have affected my daughter and partner coming home from Miami after a three-week holiday totally exhausted as you can imagine. After 24 hours spent on airports and the plane and a 3-4 hour train journey ahead, it would have been a nightmare to be kept captive at Fraport for God knows how long. So I was anxious and kept providing them with the latest news about the situation and kept my fingers crossed and, luckily, it didn't happen. Frankfurt Airport and German Rail remained unaffected.

Indirectly, if you like. Several airports in GER were shutting down and I was waiting for the major one in Frankfurt to follow suit and the railway system to do the same. That would have affected my daughter and partner coming home from Miami after a three-week holiday totally exhausted as you can imagine. After 24 hours spent on airports and the plane and a 3-4 hour train journey ahead, it would have been a nightmare to be kept captive at Fraport for God knows how long. So I was anxious and kept providing them with the latest news about the situation and kept my fingers crossed and, luckily, it didn't happen. Frankfurt Airport and German Rail remained unaffected.
That was lucky Thomas

I was ok except I couldn't get cash-out at my supermarket.

Interestingly it was the first time in ages I didn't get any Scam emails or phone calls! 🙂

Appartantly dozens of fake Scam sites opened up to help people with the tech outage, biggest ever. Just give them your banking details! 🤬 I hate those thieves who prey on the most vulnerable.

Last edited:
BIDEN STANDS DOWN!
ARROGANT TRUMP SAY HARRIS EASIER TO DEFEAT THAN BIDEN!
...while he knows that the opposite is true. Any candidate will be harder to defeat than Biden. At root he's outraged by the fact that the Reps' campaign will have to be adapted to the new situation after it had cost a fortune or two.

I heard an interesting comment about Harris today.

Because she's a black, female and almost 20 years younger than Trump he will find it hard to attack her fearing he would be seen as Racist, Mysoginistic or a reverse ageist.
He's the old white man now. He calls her a crazy woman now and that's a psycho narcissist pot calling the kettle black! 🤪
Also a President Harris would untangle all the Puritan Abortion laws of late. That would appeal to many women too.

Another consideration is who she would pick as a Vice President.
Talk is a tough white man with a few possibilities mentioned already.

And the campaign donations are flowing her way, very possibly Biden's War Chest too.
I tip my hat to President Biden who had a very long and distinguished career. A great man with a big heart for his US.

In a giant wave of Democrat support today for Harris she is now the 'presumptive' Democrat Presidential Candidate.
The race is now in for a new Vice President which is giving focus to the Dems. Powerful, intelligent, tough White men are being considered.

She then went on to give Trump a roasting basically saying as a senior prosecutor she had had much experience with felons, fraudsters, mysoginists abusers of women. She ended saying she knew Trump's type well!

Vance replied with childish insults like saying she's crazy and a million tiimes worse than Biden.
A million is 1,000,000 =10^6 which is a rediculous exaggeratikn, yet the MAGA's hooted, cheered and jeered.

God help the US, and the World from a Trumpeting Loon.

Did you see that ad on X.com? Harris' campaign team took the opportunity of portraying her as the long arm of the law - and Donald Trump as a sex offender. Quite well done. Reminds me of a western in which the sheriff fights the outlaw.

Terry, I agree with your post. Harris stands a better chance than Biden. Pros: Abortion policy, younger age, minority background, sharp-witted. Cons: female, no profile yet, bad record as VP but promising after all. Josh Shapiro could be her running mate, must be a man for sure.

Back