The Lounge 2

Sydney is having an exceptionally warm end to winter. Been mid to hi 20s all this week. Reading that due to some boiling 40 plus temps in the red centre and parts of north central WA, Australia is in the grip of our hottest ever August.

It’s certainly not sharing any with Perth

Sydney is having an exceptionally warm end to winter. Been mid to hi 20s all this week. Reading that due to some boiling 40 plus temps in the red centre and parts of north central WA, Australia is in the grip of our hottest ever August.🥵
Oh my gosh 🥵 I sizzle in 25! 🥵
Our temps are dropping overnight, it's quite chilly now when I wake up.

" data-source="post: 699036" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Oh my gosh I sizzle in 25!
Our temps are dropping overnight, it's quite chilly now when I wake up.

To be fair, I’m not sure what it is, but England “feels” hotter (the southern half) of Australia at the same temperature.

Especially Perth, it can by 28C here but if there’s a westerly coming from Antartica it’s COLD.

I guess England is just a bit more “stagnant” and humid.

To be fair, I’m not sure what it is, but England “feels” hotter (the southern half) of Australia at the same temperature.

Especially Perth, it can by 28C here but if there’s a westerly coming from Antartica it’s COLD.

I guess England is just a bit more “stagnant” and humid.
It's definitely humid here, I've had to buy an electric fan and have it near me each evening, it's going cooler of an evening though so hopefully won't need it for much longer.

That's true indeed Kram, the Fremantle Doctor cools the leafy green coastal suburbs nicely.
I live near Morley where the Winter storms aren't too severe and the salty sea air doesn't rust my indomitable old Corolla.
I have been looking for a small place on the Maylands/Inglewood border for over a year but pretty much impossible to find anything atm.

Never seen a thorny devil here in Sydney but have seen plenty of blue tongued lizards. One set up home under our decking a while back. My pooch went beserk when she saw it invading her territory.
View attachment 2929
Nah thornys aren't on the east coast.

Bobtails are the most common lizard here, usually even have on as a long term resident in my yard with a couple of babies. Always worry I'll accidently run one of them over one day on the driveway.

I had like a 1.5m snake in my yard last summer just slither along down the fence.. they are pretty much all poisonous here too..

In saying that snakes are generally shy and reclusive creatures that don't really want any disagreement or contact with humans, just leave each other alone and all good.

Back