The Lounge 2

No just spin fishing using a soft plastic lure, thankfully the water in around Perth is pretty clean and I usually only fish in salt/brackish water so I don’t deal with potentially bad fresh water. There’s been a couple of algal blooms over the years which make it bad but it’s very temporary.
Are there crocodiles in the salt water though?
I like fish, mainly cod, battered and deep fried served with a slice of lemon or vinegar. 😋

This could go in the Memory Lane thread too. When I was knee hi to a grasshopper my big brother and I would go leather jacket fishing off a pier close to our home. Mum would cook our catch that evening. LJ is a tasty eating fish too.

Last edited:
I too like cod but crumbed Jessica.
View attachment 2904
panko crumbed cod is so delicious.

I’m lucky enough to have cousins in Darwin so I occasionally go up there with them and my dad on a fishing trip, it almost ruins the fishing down here because it’s so insane up there. IMG_7293.jpeg
My biggest fish ever (115cm Spanish mackerel) and my dad with a 80-90cm golden snapper (DELICIOUS)

That looks lovely, crumbed isn't as greasy as battered so will have it next time. Do you like crab sticks? I'm not keen on them, they are stringy, feels like I'm eating a ball of string 😂
I like crab balls. Usually have them with my shop cod as made on the premises. They are now sold frozen in supermarkets here and are made from dinki di crab Doc.

Last edited:
panko crumbed cod is so delicious.

I’m lucky enough to have cousins in Darwin so I occasionally go up there with them and my dad on a fishing trip, it almost ruins the fishing down here because it’s so insane up there.View attachment 2905
My biggest fish ever (115cm Spanish mackerel) and my dad with a 80-90cm golden snapper (DELICIOUS)
Do you have tuna in your waters?
One of my fave TV shows is Trawler Men, it features a fishing fleet from Scotland, they catch prawns, cod, catfish,, monkfish, it's fascinating to watch.

Yeah, we caught a few Mack tuna on that trip specifically, there’s also northern bluefin (not the HUGE ones) and long tail tuna.

Down where I am in Perth we have yellowfin tuna but I’ve never been offshore fishing here despite living here my whole life.

There’s also an unbelievable amount of sharks in the Northern Territory

Yeah, we caught a few Mack tuna on that trip specifically, there’s also northern bluefin (not the HUGE ones) and long tail tuna.

Down where I am in Perth we have yellowfin tuna but I’ve never been offshore fishing here despite living here my whole life.

There’s also an unbelievable amount of sharks in the Northern Territory
I love tuna with salad, just add vinegar and it's delicious. I used to like sardines as a child but I wouldn't eat them now.

Thankfully I've never encountered a shark but I have seen a group of dolphins as I sailed to Spain.

" data-source="post: 698889" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
I love tuna with salad, just add vinegar and it's delicious. I used to like sardines as a child but I wouldn't eat them now.

Thankfully I've never encountered a shark but I have seen a group of dolphins as I sailed to Spain.

Do you like raw/sashimi fish? I personally love it, and any sporty fish if you cut some really thin slices straight after you catch it and put it with some soy and wasabi it’s just delicious.

Do you like raw/sashimi fish? I personally love it, and any sporty fish if you cut some really thin slices straight after you catch it and put it with some soy and wasabi it’s just delicious.
I've never tried it. I don't think I'd like it though as I've seen trays of sushi in our supermarket, whether it's the same but the thought of eating raw fish puts me off it.

I've never tried it. I don't think I'd like it though as I've seen trays of sushi in our supermarket, whether it's the same but the thought of eating raw fish puts me off it.
Me too. Be careful Doc as read there is a poisonous Japanese fish and you have to remove a certain portion before eating it. Read that people have been poisoned all the same due to negligence.
:eek:

Last edited:
Me too. Isnt there a Japanese fish that is poisonous and you have to remove a certain portion before eating it. Read that people have been poisoned all the same due to negligence.:eek:

Yeah they have a big species of blowfish they try to eat for some reason. It’s REALLY poisonous too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sydney is having an exceptionally warm end to winter. Been mid to hi 20s all this week. Reading that due to some boiling 40 plus temps in the red centre and parts of north central WA, Australia is in the grip of our hottest ever August.🥵

Last edited:
Back