The Lounge 2

The words "Titanic moment" are possibly the last thing you want to hear on a boat – but that was the phrase used by one passenger on board the Carnival Spirit cruise ship last week, after the vessel unexpectedly struck an iceberg.
No one was hurt on board and the ship was undamaged by the incident, which a Carnival Cruise Line spokesperson described as the vessel hitting "an errant piece of drifting ice."
Carnival Spirit was sailing in Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska, a waterway south of the city of Juneau known for its spectacular beauty – and pieces of floating ice.
1726103718792.jpeg

The words "Titanic moment" are possibly the last thing you want to hear on a boat – but that was the phrase used by one passenger on board the Carnival Spirit cruise ship last week, after the vessel unexpectedly struck an iceberg.
No one was hurt on board and the ship was undamaged by the incident, which a Carnival Cruise Line spokesperson described as the vessel hitting "an errant piece of drifting ice."
Carnival Spirit was sailing in Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska, a waterway south of the city of Juneau known for its spectacular beauty – and pieces of floating ice.
View attachment 2961
The passengers must've been terrified.
I've sailed through the Bay Of Biscay in very rough conditions, that was very scary, I could hear all my bottles and jars rattling in my cabin 😆

As we sailed through the English channel on the way to Spain we went through the Bay Of Biscay, it's a very rough stretch of water leading up to Spain.
When did you go to Spain Jessica. I was there for two days in 1980.

There is an old travel thread or we can create a new one if interested. I have a 101 stories to tell.

Back