Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Billy Bowden;333047 said:
No Idea as yet. Still dont even know where the games are. Pretty poor by the Association that 2 days out from finals and no body still doesn't know what is going on

Could be all Matting games at Gray Res seeing Melton grounds unfit for finals, Maybe E matts to Warringa(hoppers) or the MIGHTY McIVOR.

2 Turf games on Angliss?? Been told yet LUCKY??

Lucky St Andrews get the ground with the canteen that sells BEER!!!!!!:eek:
This will please BORNTIGERFAN as in post #1334

Billy Bowden;333047 said:
No Idea as yet. Still dont even know where the games are. Pretty poor by the Association that 2 days out from finals and no body still doesn't know what is going on

Could be all Matting games at Gray Res seeing Melton grounds unfit for finals, Maybe E matts to Warringa(hoppers) or the MIGHTY McIVOR.

Latest breaking news is that both finals are on Angliss reserve.

Footscray ANA will be the only club with canteen open.

Last time I played at Kingsvilles ground, I can assure you all, that there fridges had a full stock of beers and spirits.

Biily Bowden your reports have been very interesting to read all year, but it worries me that you are tipping which side you think will win, when umpires should always remain neutral, and just say hope its a nice game.

Last time I played at Kingsvilles ground, I can assure you all, that there fridges had a full stock of beers and spirits.

Biily Bowden your reports have been very interesting to read all year, but it worries me that you are tipping which side you think will win, when umpires should always remain neutral, and just say hope its a nice game.

News Breaker;333138 said:

News Breaker

I am giving a tip who I think will win not who I want to win. There is a difference mate. I dont care who wins as I totaly agree with you about umpires being neutral and I am sure all the umpires this weekend will do their best and be a neatral judge.

Regards,
Billy

News Breaker

I am giving a tip who I think will win not who I want to win. There is a difference mate. I dont care who wins as I totaly agree with you about umpires being neutral and I am sure all the umpires this weekend will do their best and be a neatral judge.

Regards,
Billy

St. Andrews v Congs is at angliss, Melton Centrals v Roosters is at st.pauls

St. Andrews v Congs is at angliss, Melton Centrals v Roosters is at st.pauls

NEED FOR SPEED;333130 said:

It helps yes, but we dont drink as rumors are abound out there.

NEED FOR SPEED;333130 said:

It helps yes, but we dont drink as rumors are abound out there.

We were there last week they had to buy extra to combat the sales that come in from our boys. Thery only have one fridge with half beer and soft drink we fill 2 fridges with grog and one with soft drink if the soft drinkers are lucky.

We were there last week they had to buy extra to combat the sales that come in from our boys. Thery only have one fridge with half beer and soft drink we fill 2 fridges with grog and one with soft drink if the soft drinkers are lucky.

Gday All

A little Birdy was talking to Gooky last night and then the little birdy told me that the association will play the Turf Grand final at the Yarraville Cricket Ground if it is available. If it is not available then they will most likely play it on the Kingy Bapts Ground at Angliss as there is no game on that ground this weekend and it gives the curator a whole week to prepare the wicket. We will wate with bated breath to see what happens.

Gday All

A little Birdy was talking to Gooky last night and then the little birdy told me that the association will play the Turf Grand final at the Yarraville Cricket Ground if it is available. If it is not available then they will most likely play it on the Kingy Bapts Ground at Angliss as there is no game on that ground this weekend and it gives the curator a whole week to prepare the wicket. We will wate with bated breath to see what happens.

We heard that little birdy was yapping about that before Xmas. At the end of the day who cares where ya play a final (turf and matts). It is the same ground for both teams and finals is what ya play for at the end of the day. So personally if we get drawn to play at TimBukTwo I would be there ready to go. GOOD LUCK to all those playing finals - except the clubs our boys are up against!!! :p;)

We heard that little birdy was yapping about that before Xmas. At the end of the day who cares where ya play a final (turf and matts). It is the same ground for both teams and finals is what ya play for at the end of the day. So personally if we get drawn to play at TimBukTwo I would be there ready to go. GOOD LUCK to all those playing finals - except the clubs our boys are up against!!! :p;)

Seems to be some conflicting reports going on as to where finals are being played.

Don't mind the guessing game boys but if someone REALLY knows it would be great to pass on accurate information as 1 day to go.

SURELY teams that are actually in finals know where they are playing by now:confused:

Seems to be some conflicting reports going on as to where finals are being played.

Don't mind the guessing game boys but if someone REALLY knows it would be great to pass on accurate information as 1 day to go.

SURELY teams that are actually in finals know where they are playing by now:confused:

NEED FOR SPEED;333522 said:

all i know is Roosters are playing at St Pauls.

I reckon Finals should be played on Saturday & Sunday get the Monday of before going back to work. i also think that the finals on turf definetly should be 90 overs. start at 12 or 12:30.
it would have been nice for both finals to be at the same venue get to look at your potential future opposition & carnival atmosphere. ANA is good & Kingy is juist okay good challenge for every one.
Unfortunetly Pennel deck awsome outfield more like a beach.
if i was StAndrews i would be kicking up a fuss finish top and no home game advantage criminal.

NEED FOR SPEED;333522 said:

I reckon Finals should be played on Saturday & Sunday get the Monday of before going back to work. i also think that the finals on turf definetly should be 90 overs. start at 12 or 12:30.
it would have been nice for both finals to be at the same venue get to look at your potential future opposition & carnival atmosphere. ANA is good & Kingy is juist okay good challenge for every one.
if i was StAndrews i would be kicking up a fuss finish top and no home game advantage criminal.

Wow finaly what we play for which is finals im glad our side made it and congrats to all other sides playing this wekend.

Roosters V Centrals at st pauls
well i think we are real big show to cause massive upset as they wanted to play us. We have good a record against them we were 5/40 odd chasing 230 and only got done by 17 runs so think this game is going down to the wire. Yes billy we got players that need to perform and no better time then delivering on the day if its sat or mon but i think we big show to make the grand final. If we can get early wickets i think we really put them on the back foot which is the key for us and can happen we got bowlers to win us games week in week out we have proved it.

St Andrews v Willy Congs at pennel

Wow what a contest i really think st andrews can loose this game i think congs have game breaker players that can cause the upset. Same with st andrews u have lot match winners u have to try stop or contain which congs have pushed them in the one day game now will see how they go in a 2 day game i really can see two upset this week but it matter how they go bout can play good patches of cricket got play 144 overs if need be if going to make it through a grand final.
both underdogs have nothing to loose where the other two do
centrals undefeated to semis last year do wanna make up for that im sure still in back of their minds
St Andrews undefeated as yet so dont wanna let that slip now so pressure to keep winning can be something so u never know
finals can do funny things so will see monday night who in the big one
i think can be two upsets Roosters v Congs for the grand final

Wow finaly what we play for which is finals im glad our side made it and congrats to all other sides playing this wekend.

well i think we are real big show to cause massive upset as they wanted to play us. We have good a record against them we were 5/40 odd chasing 230 and only got done by 17 runs so think this game is going down to the wire. Yes billy we got players that need to perform and no better time then delivering on the day if its sat or mon but i think we big show to make the grand final. If we can get early wickets i think we really put them on the back foot which is the key for us and can happen we got bowlers to win us games week in week out we have proved it.

St Andrews v Willy Congs at pennel

Wow what a contest i really think st andrews can loose this game i think congs have game breaker players that can cause the upset. Same with st andrews u have lot match winners u have to try stop or contain which congs have pushed them in the one day game now will see how they go in a 2 day game i really can see two upset this week but it matter how they go bout can play good patches of cricket got play 144 overs if need be if going to make it through a grand final.
both underdogs have nothing to loose where the other two do
centrals undefeated to semis last year do wanna make up for that im sure still in back of their minds
St Andrews undefeated as yet so dont wanna let that slip now so pressure to keep winning can be something so u never know
finals can do funny things so will see monday night who in the big one
i think can be two upsets Roosters v Congs for the grand final

Nathan;333534 said:
well i think we are real big show to cause massive upset as they wanted to play us. We have good a record against them we were 5/40 odd chasing 230 and only got done by 17 runs so think this game is going down to the wire.

how can you have a good record against a team if you have only beaten the side once in the past 3 years? i think its 6-1 to centrals

Nathan;333534 said:
well i think we are real big show to cause massive upset as they wanted to play us. We have good a record against them we were 5/40 odd chasing 230 and only got done by 17 runs so think this game is going down to the wire.

how can you have a good record against a team if you have only beaten the side once in the past 3 years? i think its 6-1 to centrals

BigCoq;333528 said:

I don't agree with you here. I think the finals should be 72 overs - as that's what we play during the season. Why play all year one way to play the finals another. Like the year they made the Turf final 3 days (or was it 4?). As far as the days go, it doesn't bother me which days we play on as long as we are playing in the finals!!! However I do agree with higher placed side getting home ground advantage - in both the semi and the final. The WSUCCA needs to move with the times on this one.

BigCoq;333528 said:

I don't agree with you here. I think the finals should be 72 overs - as that's what we play during the season. Why play all year one way to play the finals another. Like the year they made the Turf final 3 days (or was it 4?). As far as the days go, it doesn't bother me which days we play on as long as we are playing in the finals!!! However I do agree with higher placed side getting home ground advantage - in both the semi and the final. The WSUCCA needs to move with the times on this one.

BigCoq;333528 said:

Agree with sat and sun game as they play it now then why not the finals, as shaved one said should only be 72 due to the conditions you play in all year and as foir the home ground advantage we will be putting in a submission for the following season so if you all agree then support us it is a disgrace you finish 1st or 2nd and have no advantage in a semi final JOKE WSUCCA!!

BigCoq;333528 said:

Agree with sat and sun game as they play it now then why not the finals, as shaved one said should only be 72 due to the conditions you play in all year and as foir the home ground advantage we will be putting in a submission for the following season so if you all agree then support us it is a disgrace you finish 1st or 2nd and have no advantage in a semi final JOKE WSUCCA!!

Shaved_Plums;333038 said:
Does anyone know who is umpiring which games? Billy, can ya help us out there?

Shaved Plumbs

I only know that Gooky and Forbsy are doing St Andrews v Congs Semi and Adam Krygger and Ron Choat are doing Melton Centrals and Altona Roosters game.

I also believe that Eugene and Campbell are doing the St Andrews and Altona Sports B Grade Final

Shaved_Plums;333038 said:
Does anyone know who is umpiring which games? Billy, can ya help us out there?

Shaved Plumbs

I only know that Gooky and Forbsy are doing St Andrews v Congs Semi and Adam Krygger and Ron Choat are doing Melton Centrals and Altona Roosters game.

I also believe that Eugene and Campbell are doing the St Andrews and Altona Sports B Grade Final

Billy Bowden;333609 said:
Shaved Plumbs

BILLY - I believe this last umpire allocation AS MUCH AS

Pennell outfield like a bowling green

Nth wicket at Angliss is regulation length

Kingy has any 'BEER'

Gooky tried to catch water from exploded water
tank with pans to water wickets

NO JOKING:eek:

Shaved Plumbs

BILLY - I believe this last umpire allocation AS MUCH AS

Pennell outfield like a bowling green

Nth wicket at Angliss is regulation length

Kingy has any 'BEER'

Gooky tried to catch water from exploded water
tank with pans to water wickets

NO JOKING:eek:

Ya may as well throw in the sighting of Elvis Presley having a slurpee with James Dean at 7-eleven while they were waiting for Marilyn Munroe to pick them up and take them to JFK's place for a session.

Ya may as well throw in the sighting of Elvis Presley having a slurpee with James Dean at 7-eleven while they were waiting for Marilyn Munroe to pick them up and take them to JFK's place for a session.

Shaved Plumbs

I think you may be a little WIDE of the mark there Billy....... :p

Shaved Plumbs

I think you may be a little WIDE of the mark there Billy....... :p

StAndrewsman;333548 said:

Nathans only been with us for a year so he is no expert but i do believe that One win you refer to was in last years Semi hmmmmmmmm hope history repeats.:D
St Andrews man you seem good with your investigative skills could you refresh my memory on the outcome of that game.............................:D
also best of luck to your guys an absolute mighty effort by your guys finishing last then going underfeated awsome you should be proud no matter what.

StAndrewsman;333548 said:

Nathans only been with us for a year so he is no expert but i do believe that One win you refer to was in last years Semi hmmmmmmmm hope history repeats.:D
St Andrews man you seem good with your investigative skills could you refresh my memory on the outcome of that game.............................:D
also best of luck to your guys an absolute mighty effort by your guys finishing last then going underfeated awsome you should be proud no matter what.

BigCoq;332983 said:
Pots, Pots, Pots, u turn coat cant believe your coments on Turf 2....
Where the Hell would you be with out turf 2 hmmm still plying your trade in the B matts how quickly we forget where we come from.........................
its interesting to see the rats jump of a sinking ship. I dont mind we lose a couple of games and nobody wants to no us how Fickle we are. so so SAD!!!!!
I SAY THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

I spoke with u lost night COCK, and will speak to u 2moro again. chose your fckn words carefully. RAT, FICKLE, JUMPING OFF SINKING SHIP. B matts, your maths inst your strong point i know, our 2nd grade would of been a matts if we weren't in turf. go back and read my posts if you have any issues. ur one of the selfish people that think its a great idea for the comp and thats giving our club a bad name.

BigCoq;332983 said:
Pots, Pots, Pots, u turn coat cant believe your coments on Turf 2....
Where the Hell would you be with out turf 2 hmmm still plying your trade in the B matts how quickly we forget where we come from.........................
its interesting to see the rats jump of a sinking ship. I dont mind we lose a couple of games and nobody wants to no us how Fickle we are. so so SAD!!!!!
I SAY THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

I spoke with u lost night COCK, and will speak to u 2moro again. chose your fckn words carefully. RAT, FICKLE, JUMPING OFF SINKING SHIP. B matts, your maths inst your strong point i know, our 2nd grade would of been a matts if we weren't in turf. go back and read my posts if you have any issues. ur one of the selfish people that think its a great idea for the comp and thats giving our club a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back