Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

BigCoq;331785 said:
Why do small minded people continue to slag Altona Roosters 2?

If my memory serves me correctly we saved the Turf comp last year.:D

As a forward thinking club we felt 2 turf teams will give our next tier of players a go on Turf instead of getting beat in A matts by Melton Sth & Caroline Springs & at that point we didn't know that these two clubs were splitting thus creating an inbalance of teams.:mad:

Giving young players an opportunity was the main objective of Turf 2.:D

The following players may not have stared but but they will be better for the run. J.B.(21),Azza (23),Luke(22),Moona(21),B.Potae(19),T.Potae(21),Heke(23). For me it was never about winning and losing it was all about Belief & DEVELOPMENT.:rolleyes:
The way i see it is you should be prapered to take a risk and fail and only thru failure can you truly grow and improve, or you can go with the flow and wonder about the what if's.Taking Risks is what life is about and you never never know if you dont have a go.....
I would love to do it all again i have no REGRETS. actually i hope we have Turf1 & Turf 2 next year this would make the comp fair dinkum and definetly rival the Willy Comp as we have better grounds and a sounder admin.................
Billy ur Bang on well done cant find any faults with this years Top 12.
Boyd has done well but he is young and if he continues to go the way he is going his time will come.
i am sure all players from other teams feel they could sqeeze one of there own blokes in i.e.cussik.

big coq, where do i start??? you helped the association out last season, yes, but get off your high horse champ, you claim of saving the turf comp is a big statement. turf would of continued one way or another dont you worry about that. doing so last season does not automaticly make it your god given right to hold the wsucca at ransom so you can satisfy you and your clubs selfish desires. your club made this association the laughing stock of all associations by insisting on having 2 teams in the one grade. it also showed how weak and incompetent the commitee that runs this assoc is. giving so called young kids the opportunity to play turf is one thing, but teaching them to except defeat every week cant be good for anyone. of the 7 so called youngsters you named, 3 played consistantly in your 2nds, b.potae, t.potae and azza. jb and moona have played at least a season on turf b4 and (mr big fish in a small pond) heke, played 3rds all season bar 1 game. yeah yeah i know about his injuries, but if he can play in the 3rds and make 1000 runs, surely he can play in your mickey mouse of a 2nds team. also these guys in their 20s are not young kids, you should be blooding 15 to 20 year olds. by the way big coq, i'll tell you what failing week in and week out does to your club, it breeds a culture of 2nd best is ok. loosing is like a cancer, if you dont stop it early, it will consume all of you! you get no belief and developement from getting smashed every week!

BigCoq;331785 said:
Why do small minded people continue to slag Altona Roosters 2?

If my memory serves me correctly we saved the Turf comp last year.:D

As a forward thinking club we felt 2 turf teams will give our next tier of players a go on Turf instead of getting beat in A matts by Melton Sth & Caroline Springs & at that point we didn't know that these two clubs were splitting thus creating an inbalance of teams.:mad:

Giving young players an opportunity was the main objective of Turf 2.:D

The following players may not have stared but but they will be better for the run. J.B.(21),Azza (23),Luke(22),Moona(21),B.Potae(19),T.Potae(21),Heke(23). For me it was never about winning and losing it was all about Belief & DEVELOPMENT.:rolleyes:
The way i see it is you should be prapered to take a risk and fail and only thru failure can you truly grow and improve, or you can go with the flow and wonder about the what if's.Taking Risks is what life is about and you never never know if you dont have a go.....
I would love to do it all again i have no REGRETS. actually i hope we have Turf1 & Turf 2 next year this would make the comp fair dinkum and definetly rival the Willy Comp as we have better grounds and a sounder admin.................
Billy ur Bang on well done cant find any faults with this years Top 12.
Boyd has done well but he is young and if he continues to go the way he is going his time will come.
i am sure all players from other teams feel they could sqeeze one of there own blokes in i.e.cussik.

big coq, where do i start??? you helped the association out last season, yes, but get off your high horse champ, you claim of saving the turf comp is a big statement. turf would of continued one way or another dont you worry about that. doing so last season does not automaticly make it your god given right to hold the wsucca at ransom so you can satisfy you and your clubs selfish desires. your club made this association the laughing stock of all associations by insisting on having 2 teams in the one grade. it also showed how weak and incompetent the commitee that runs this assoc is. giving so called young kids the opportunity to play turf is one thing, but teaching them to except defeat every week cant be good for anyone. of the 7 so called youngsters you named, 3 played consistantly in your 2nds, b.potae, t.potae and azza. jb and moona have played at least a season on turf b4 and (mr big fish in a small pond) heke, played 3rds all season bar 1 game. yeah yeah i know about his injuries, but if he can play in the 3rds and make 1000 runs, surely he can play in your mickey mouse of a 2nds team. also these guys in their 20s are not young kids, you should be blooding 15 to 20 year olds. by the way big coq, i'll tell you what failing week in and week out does to your club, it breeds a culture of 2nd best is ok. loosing is like a cancer, if you dont stop it early, it will consume all of you! you get no belief and developement from getting smashed every week!

Hahahaha.......
You blokes are dreaming, there is no way the Willy comp would:
a) have a bye in our top grade
b) have two sides from the same team in the top grade

I have heard a team from your comp maybe folding very soon and where do you think you are going to get the grounds from, you don't have enough now!
Better grounds - go and have a look at Newport Digman's deck, Newport Rams, Willy Imps deck at the Ferren, Laverton's deck, West Newport at Loft reserve and even Willy Colts on the strand they would all be better then the grounds you play on.... and don't say Altona Green b/c Laverton 3rds play on that wicket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Mr Stump Cam.

I think you better go around to some of your fellow clubs and actually ask them for yourself where they will be playing next year.

Let me help you along with the first club to approach. Newport Rams.

After you get over the initial shock at what they will tell you, have a glass of water to re-group.

Then go for a walk down the road to Willy Imps and ask them the same question.

Then you might like to get some transport and go for a drive to Deer Park and ask them also.

By now you will be on a roll , and as you make your way back to your base, make sure you call into Seabrook Cricket Club, Albion Cricket club, and Kingsville Cricket club.

Hope this info helps you along Mr Stump Cam

Hahahaha.......

I have heard a team from your comp maybe folding very soon and where do you think you are going to get the grounds from, you don't have enough now!
Better grounds - go and have a look at Newport Digman's deck, Newport Rams, Willy Imps deck at the Ferren, Laverton's deck, West Newport at Loft reserve and even Willy Colts on the strand they would all be better then the grounds you play on.... and don't say Altona Green b/c Laverton 3rds play on that wicket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Mr Stump Cam.

I think you better go around to some of your fellow clubs and actually ask them for yourself where they will be playing next year.

After you get over the initial shock at what they will tell you, have a glass of water to re-group.

Then you might like to get some transport and go for a drive to Deer Park and ask them also.

By now you will be on a roll , and as you make your way back to your base, make sure you call into Seabrook Cricket Club, Albion Cricket club, and Kingsville Cricket club.

News Breaker;331958 said:
Hahahaha.......

Better grounds - go and have a look at Newport Digman's deck, Newport Rams, Willy Imps deck at the Ferren, Laverton's deck, West Newport at Loft reserve and even Willy Colts on the strand they would all be better then the grounds you play on.... and don't say Altona Green b/c Laverton 3rds play on that wicket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Stump Cam.

Hope this info helps you along Mr Stump Cam[/QUOTE]

You can throw Footscray ANA onto the list as well.

News Breaker;331958 said:
Hahahaha.......

Better grounds - go and have a look at Newport Digman's deck, Newport Rams, Willy Imps deck at the Ferren, Laverton's deck, West Newport at Loft reserve and even Willy Colts on the strand they would all be better then the grounds you play on.... and don't say Altona Green b/c Laverton 3rds play on that wicket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Stump Cam.

Hope this info helps you along Mr Stump Cam[/QUOTE]

Billy Bowden;331138 said:
Gday Folkes. After 11 Home and Away Rounds of Cricket, I have come to the conclusion for my Turf Grade Team of The Year. Obviously their will be a couple of surprises but I have looked at the figures and I am happy with the team.

1 S Krygger (St Andrews)
2 M Hayes (Melton Centrals)
3 Daniel Temby (St Johns)
4 C Armstrong (St Andrews)
5 M OToole (St Andrews)
6 A Huelett (Melton Centrals)
7 R Kwahaja (kingsville Bapts)
8 D Wainwright (Altona Roosters #1)
9 J Baskaron (Altona Roosters #1)
10 R Chaefer (Burnside United)
11 M Nolton (Altona Roosters #1)
12 Dave Temby (St Johns)

Love to hear everyones opinion on who should be in or out

always hard to pick these teams billy- it should always be the best team this year, not te best team overall- thats were alot people get picked in all australian team in afl on reputation only, and not the year- wrong!
that said your top 6 i wouldnt change, o'toole only question cause only played 3 games, 4 knocks, but still has 2nd best ave in comp, and is class, he stays. cusick and robinson would be my next choice.
kwahja and wainwright play, and i love and rate happy big time, just think their years have been better. im sticking with baskaron over unlucky murray. stats are one thing, but justin has either put us in a postion to win or dragged us back in2 the contest with bat or bowl atleast 4- 5times. ( if callus fit he instanstly takes place)
all that said- myself or chafer must carry the drinks and drapper must play! only 6-7 wickets behind us 2, and he has that x factor, i agree with st.andrews boys- unlucky to miss -lumley hatty and dine all had very good years- vaughan came outa nowhere- 18 wickets @12 in last 5 games and bat ave of 16. if was picking a team on form taking into finals right now, id take him in. so im making him 12th man for team of year

Billy Bowden;331138 said:
Gday Folkes. After 11 Home and Away Rounds of Cricket, I have come to the conclusion for my Turf Grade Team of The Year. Obviously their will be a couple of surprises but I have looked at the figures and I am happy with the team.

1 S Krygger (St Andrews)
2 M Hayes (Melton Centrals)
3 Daniel Temby (St Johns)
4 C Armstrong (St Andrews)
5 M OToole (St Andrews)
6 A Huelett (Melton Centrals)
7 R Kwahaja (kingsville Bapts)
8 D Wainwright (Altona Roosters #1)
9 J Baskaron (Altona Roosters #1)
10 R Chaefer (Burnside United)
11 M Nolton (Altona Roosters #1)
12 Dave Temby (St Johns)

Love to hear everyones opinion on who should be in or out

always hard to pick these teams billy- it should always be the best team this year, not te best team overall- thats were alot people get picked in all australian team in afl on reputation only, and not the year- wrong!
that said your top 6 i wouldnt change, o'toole only question cause only played 3 games, 4 knocks, but still has 2nd best ave in comp, and is class, he stays. cusick and robinson would be my next choice.
kwahja and wainwright play, and i love and rate happy big time, just think their years have been better. im sticking with baskaron over unlucky murray. stats are one thing, but justin has either put us in a postion to win or dragged us back in2 the contest with bat or bowl atleast 4- 5times. ( if callus fit he instanstly takes place)
all that said- myself or chafer must carry the drinks and drapper must play! only 6-7 wickets behind us 2, and he has that x factor, i agree with st.andrews boys- unlucky to miss -lumley hatty and dine all had very good years- vaughan came outa nowhere- 18 wickets @12 in last 5 games and bat ave of 16. if was picking a team on form taking into finals right now, id take him in. so im making him 12th man for team of year

Billy Bowden;332073 said:
Mr Stump Cam.

You can throw Footscray ANA onto the list as well.[/QUOTE]

newport rams, deer park and footscray ana are not good enough at the moment to compete in the wdca anyway, nor would they be good enough to compete in the turf grade in the wsucca

Billy Bowden;332073 said:
Mr Stump Cam.

You can throw Footscray ANA onto the list as well.[/QUOTE]

newport rams, deer park and footscray ana are not good enough at the moment to compete in the wdca anyway, nor would they be good enough to compete in the turf grade in the wsucca

wait there;332189 said:

newport rams, deer park and footscray ana are not good enough at the moment to compete in the wdca anyway, nor would they be good enough to compete in the turf grade in the wsucca[/QUOTE]

Agreed, those clubs are on there knees and would struggle to play in your turf grade, you can have them they will be no loss to us.
If you haven't already noticed we have 13 sides in our B turf grade, which is way too many so I'm hearing a rumor that we will possibly be splitting our B turf into to divisions because we have too many teams.
More and more teams from different areas and comps are coming to the Willy comp because it is a much stronger association, yes you may get 1 or 2 teams from our comp but they are the teams that can't sustain the requirements of the Willy comp.
Overlapping grounds have been an issue for a while now and if there was going to be something done about it I'm sure our association will do something about it but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Obviously with all of your turf experience 6years (hahahahahahahaha), you guys think ANA's wicket is a shocker now and isn't up to standard - NO IDEA!

If your admin was so strong why did Roosters have to have their 2nds in the top grade?
Sounds like your comp is run by old fossels and the clubs run the comp and then to make matters worse, you blokes keep that matting side in your top grade..... what a joke, what an embarresment!!!

Wow Roosters do the wicket down at Altona Green maybe your team should spend all their time doing all of the wickets in the comp instead of getting involved in grading and saving your comp (which apparently stronger then the Willy comp)!!!
You apparently save your comp one year and then embarress it the next, great work Big Coq....

I know Billy how about you hire a mini bus from one of the Churches you all attend and take a trip on a Saturday and go down to any A turf game and watch some proper cricket, then you'll see what standard of cricket we play.
Do it when half of your turf grade plays on a Sunday because you don't have enough grounds to play on a Saturday like every other association does....:eek:

wait there;332189 said:

newport rams, deer park and footscray ana are not good enough at the moment to compete in the wdca anyway, nor would they be good enough to compete in the turf grade in the wsucca[/QUOTE]

Agreed, those clubs are on there knees and would struggle to play in your turf grade, you can have them they will be no loss to us.
If you haven't already noticed we have 13 sides in our B turf grade, which is way too many so I'm hearing a rumor that we will possibly be splitting our B turf into to divisions because we have too many teams.
More and more teams from different areas and comps are coming to the Willy comp because it is a much stronger association, yes you may get 1 or 2 teams from our comp but they are the teams that can't sustain the requirements of the Willy comp.
Overlapping grounds have been an issue for a while now and if there was going to be something done about it I'm sure our association will do something about it but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Obviously with all of your turf experience 6years (hahahahahahahaha), you guys think ANA's wicket is a shocker now and isn't up to standard - NO IDEA!

If your admin was so strong why did Roosters have to have their 2nds in the top grade?
Sounds like your comp is run by old fossels and the clubs run the comp and then to make matters worse, you blokes keep that matting side in your top grade..... what a joke, what an embarresment!!!

Wow Roosters do the wicket down at Altona Green maybe your team should spend all their time doing all of the wickets in the comp instead of getting involved in grading and saving your comp (which apparently stronger then the Willy comp)!!!
You apparently save your comp one year and then embarress it the next, great work Big Coq....

I know Billy how about you hire a mini bus from one of the Churches you all attend and take a trip on a Saturday and go down to any A turf game and watch some proper cricket, then you'll see what standard of cricket we play.
Do it when half of your turf grade plays on a Sunday because you don't have enough grounds to play on a Saturday like every other association does....:eek:

fine legs;331952 said:
yes turf would have continued half turf half matts talk about a laughing stock champ you know nothing! as for suiting up again the following year why the hell not we didnt finish last perhaps c/s should have stayed out of it. the final list of turf teams at the start of the season were not finalised until the week before the season maybe Burnside shouldnt have played as they had no wicket at least we have a wicket that we look after. What does your team bring to the party smart ass.and in the early stages without our wicket you wouldnt even have a sustainable turf comp.
Get back to waxing your legs because your getting nowere with your brains TOOL!!!!
WHAT DOES YOUR CLUB BRING TO THE TABLE!!!! atleast we are doing whats best for our club and progress you can tread water at your own leisure.
are we carrying you guys as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fine legs;331952 said:
yes turf would have continued half turf half matts talk about a laughing stock champ you know nothing! as for suiting up again the following year why the hell not we didnt finish last perhaps c/s should have stayed out of it. the final list of turf teams at the start of the season were not finalised until the week before the season maybe Burnside shouldnt have played as they had no wicket at least we have a wicket that we look after. What does your team bring to the party smart ass.and in the early stages without our wicket you wouldnt even have a sustainable turf comp.
Get back to waxing your legs because your getting nowere with your brains TOOL!!!!
WHAT DOES YOUR CLUB BRING TO THE TABLE!!!! atleast we are doing whats best for our club and progress you can tread water at your own leisure.
are we carrying you guys as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Folks

Apparently there is a meeting tonight to confirm grounds for the finals. I believe the Assosiation (Gooky) are 99% in favour of playing the Turf Semi Finals at Angliss Reserve. Preferably I would go with St Pauls and either Pennal or Altona Green but the wickets at Angliss have got better as the year has gone on. The ANA wicket (South Ground) is quite good and I am sure a good deck will be prepaired for the final. The only concern I have is the Kingy Bapts wicket (North Ground). There have been a few times this year and as recently as 2 weeks ago where the pitch has had to much grass left on top of the surface and it has been far to bowler friendly. Love to know from you Lucky if there is problems with the surface, is their not enough water getting on the deck or is it a soil issue when preparing the wicket on the Kingy Bapts ground?

Hi Folks

Apparently there is a meeting tonight to confirm grounds for the finals. I believe the Assosiation (Gooky) are 99% in favour of playing the Turf Semi Finals at Angliss Reserve. Preferably I would go with St Pauls and either Pennal or Altona Green but the wickets at Angliss have got better as the year has gone on. The ANA wicket (South Ground) is quite good and I am sure a good deck will be prepaired for the final. The only concern I have is the Kingy Bapts wicket (North Ground). There have been a few times this year and as recently as 2 weeks ago where the pitch has had to much grass left on top of the surface and it has been far to bowler friendly. Love to know from you Lucky if there is problems with the surface, is their not enough water getting on the deck or is it a soil issue when preparing the wicket on the Kingy Bapts ground?

Billy Bowden;332370 said:
Hi Folks

Why bother even askin him Billy.

Ill just give you the piss week answer that he'll give you anyway.

He'll say that that deck is fine and you shouldnt even be bagging it.
That St. Andrews scored 270+ on it and how can that mean its that bad.
He'll then go on to say how little time they get to prepair it and then most likely rample on with some more crap on how its been getting better.

But lets be honest... we all know just how sh1t it really is.

Hi Folks

He'll then go on to say how little time they get to prepair it and then most likely rample on with some more crap on how its been getting better.

Lucky is and has been all season incompetent in preparing the pitches. Word from both clubs is that he doesnt do much, and they are left to do most of the watering. He even makes the teams fill up the petrol can to fill the machinery. It is a joke. Prepare to e dazzled at some less than adequate prepared decks this week

Lucky is and has been all season incompetent in preparing the pitches. Word from both clubs is that he doesnt do much, and they are left to do most of the watering. He even makes the teams fill up the petrol can to fill the machinery. It is a joke. Prepare to e dazzled at some less than adequate prepared decks this week

Some of you boys not get any last night??? Everyone seems to have taken their agro pills!!! I think maybe a Royal Rumble would sort this out. Over the top rope, both feet on the ground and you are eliminated. Let's get reeeaaaaadddddy to Rummmmmmmmmmble. :rolleyes:

Some of you boys not get any last night??? Everyone seems to have taken their agro pills!!! I think maybe a Royal Rumble would sort this out. Over the top rope, both feet on the ground and you are eliminated. Let's get reeeaaaaadddddy to Rummmmmmmmmmble. :rolleyes:

Shaved_Plums;332403 said:

I could just imagine your costume Shaved Plums

Shaved_Plums;332403 said:

I could just imagine your costume Shaved Plums

StAndrewsman;332401 said:

Just wondering if he supplies his own tape measure as rumour has it, pitches have been marked 1 metre too long for a few games??????:eek:

Just wondering if he supplies his own tape measure as rumour has it, pitches have been marked 1 metre too long for a few games??????:eek:

NEED FOR SPEED;332437 said:

Don't you blokes have anything better to talk about then your imaginary made up opinion on the wicket at Angliss.......

Who will win in your finals series?
Will there be any upsets?

NEED FOR SPEED;332437 said:

Don't you blokes have anything better to talk about then your imaginary made up opinion on the wicket at Angliss.......

Who will win in your finals series?
Will there be any upsets?

stumpy;332373 said:

good on ya expert.. couldn't care less what you think to tell ya the truth

stumpy;332373 said:

good on ya expert.. couldn't care less what you think to tell ya the truth

petrol can? thats never happend.. when u have a clue come and talk to me

petrol can? thats never happend.. when u have a clue come and talk to me

St Andrews and Melton Centrals will win the semis this week Stump Cam. And the issue of curator, i dunno what club you play for, but go down and talk to ANA from your comp and see what they say, and then u will see our point of view.

Shaved_Plums, go back to what your good at (watever that maybe) as it isnt writing stuff on here, and we know it isnt cricket

St Andrews and Melton Centrals will win the semis this week Stump Cam. And the issue of curator, i dunno what club you play for, but go down and talk to ANA from your comp and see what they say, and then u will see our point of view.

Shaved_Plums, go back to what your good at (watever that maybe) as it isnt writing stuff on here, and we know it isnt cricket

Hi Folks

just got back from angliss, bit of rain has them a bit soft but they should be right for the finals.. i've got a bit of a problem with the soil on the north wicket.. a few air pockets in the soil which affects how level it is, been cross rolling a couple of times in the last couple of weeks, but due to the sh1t soil which was used when constructing the table, there's still going to be a few air pockets.. that be said, should be good and play well for this week weather permitting

Hi Folks

just got back from angliss, bit of rain has them a bit soft but they should be right for the finals.. i've got a bit of a problem with the soil on the north wicket.. a few air pockets in the soil which affects how level it is, been cross rolling a couple of times in the last couple of weeks, but due to the sh1t soil which was used when constructing the table, there's still going to be a few air pockets.. that be said, should be good and play well for this week weather permitting

As there is only 4 sides in a semi and top 2 get no 2nd chance i cant believe for a second that thay both have to play away, It should be at the home ground of the team and if not applicable as Melton Centrals case this week then they should pick the deck to play on. Angliss is a sham has been for a long time I guess it's there to look after Kingys canteen but as they dont sell more then 2 slabs of beer per week then BYO. We instruct all our supporters to either go to ANA canteen or byo food and drink.

As there is only 4 sides in a semi and top 2 get no 2nd chance i cant believe for a second that thay both have to play away, It should be at the home ground of the team and if not applicable as Melton Centrals case this week then they should pick the deck to play on. Angliss is a sham has been for a long time I guess it's there to look after Kingys canteen but as they dont sell more then 2 slabs of beer per week then BYO. We instruct all our supporters to either go to ANA canteen or byo food and drink.

StAndrewsman;332493 said:

After all the nice things I have said about you "Deck Chair". I can't beleive you would write such nasty words!!! I am in a state of shock!!! :eek::rolleyes:

StAndrewsman;332493 said:

After all the nice things I have said about you "Deck Chair". I can't beleive you would write such nasty words!!! I am in a state of shock!!! :eek::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back