Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

News Breaker;331427 said:
Well another season is nearly over, and it is sad to see how a good cricketer has not only put down a fellow human being, but has put down an entire club of good people.

Come on Rob you are better than that, and if you are a real man, an apology is warranted right here in this forum, because you did cross the line with below the belt punches.

Moving onto some interesting news floating around the traps. Next season we might all see a second turf section in the WSCCA.

Now I now of six clubs already that have expressed a huge interest with at least four of them bringing in there own turf wickets.

As you all will appreciate it won't be fair for me to go ahead and name the clubs that have expressed interest, as talks are still in progress.

Stay tuned for further updates, and feel free to post what you all think about the prospect of another Turf section in the WSCCA.

My prediction this week in the semis.......there will be one upset as one of the favourites will stumble. Who will that be???????????????

sorry news breaker..ive sat on this all year..they threw the first low blow. im sorry if you see me in a poorer light for it..but ive had this bellyfull of hurt since b4 the start of the season..if you knew the full story..well maybe it might make a difference..

and im not putting down an entire club mate that was not my intention, if anything i want the players to know its not directed at them..i know there are good people at caroline springs..i still see many of them..it was aimed directly at the commitee

News Breaker;331427 said:
Well another season is nearly over, and it is sad to see how a good cricketer has not only put down a fellow human being, but has put down an entire club of good people.

Come on Rob you are better than that, and if you are a real man, an apology is warranted right here in this forum, because you did cross the line with below the belt punches.

Moving onto some interesting news floating around the traps. Next season we might all see a second turf section in the WSCCA.

Now I now of six clubs already that have expressed a huge interest with at least four of them bringing in there own turf wickets.

As you all will appreciate it won't be fair for me to go ahead and name the clubs that have expressed interest, as talks are still in progress.

Stay tuned for further updates, and feel free to post what you all think about the prospect of another Turf section in the WSCCA.

My prediction this week in the semis.......there will be one upset as one of the favourites will stumble. Who will that be???????????????

sorry news breaker..ive sat on this all year..they threw the first low blow. im sorry if you see me in a poorer light for it..but ive had this bellyfull of hurt since b4 the start of the season..if you knew the full story..well maybe it might make a difference..

and im not putting down an entire club mate that was not my intention, if anything i want the players to know its not directed at them..i know there are good people at caroline springs..i still see many of them..it was aimed directly at the commitee

NEWS BREAKER - Little bit late with this 'NEWS'

Check item #1288

If you THINK you know other interested clubs,might as well spill the beans before someone else beats you to it again.

NEWS BREAKER - Little bit late with this 'NEWS'

Check item #1288

If you THINK you know other interested clubs,might as well spill the beans before someone else beats you to it again.

Don't trot out that "not having adequate represtation" myth: Of the eight that sat on committee last year, five had direct links to senior cricket. One of those five also had a link to junior cricket. This was despite a 3:1 ratio junior members to senior members. Not having "adequate representation" was a myth.

Let it rest. You have your own club now - one that was successful in its first year at the highest level this association offers, and one that, as the president, you have the chance to mold into whatever shape you deem suitable. Despite the intentions of both clubs being polar opposites (which is not necessarily negative- just different), we are bound to encounter each other many times in the future - both sides have people that feel that they were burnt, and discarded when they weren't any use - Let it rest. Bringing it onto an online forum is the furthest thing from necessary.

Don't trot out that "not having adequate represtation" myth: Of the eight that sat on committee last year, five had direct links to senior cricket. One of those five also had a link to junior cricket. This was despite a 3:1 ratio junior members to senior members. Not having "adequate representation" was a myth.

Let it rest. You have your own club now - one that was successful in its first year at the highest level this association offers, and one that, as the president, you have the chance to mold into whatever shape you deem suitable. Despite the intentions of both clubs being polar opposites (which is not necessarily negative- just different), we are bound to encounter each other many times in the future - both sides have people that feel that they were burnt, and discarded when they weren't any use - Let it rest. Bringing it onto an online forum is the furthest thing from necessary.

MV!;331532 said:

no worries..i said what i had to

MV!;331532 said:

no worries..i said what i had to

Hi Chafe at the last game your guys left a pencil case from scoring at the ground (b Grade) could you contact meand i will organise to give it back to you. Cheers MG

Hi Chafe at the last game your guys left a pencil case from scoring at the ground (b Grade) could you contact meand i will organise to give it back to you. Cheers MG

More on the "best 12"..... You can't just pick a side on stats alone Billy. Jimmy Draper is my case in point. Because of his pace batsmen struggle to play Jimmy with any confidence. This gets the bowler at the other end wickets. I bet every bowler in the comp would be happy to have Jimmy bowling at one end while they they ply their trade at the other. And most batsmen would rather face the other end than Jimmy. so to base your side on stats alone is a little bit of an easy out in my opinion Billy - Unless you umpire us on the weekend then your team is spot on.:D:p;):rolleyes:

More on the "best 12"..... You can't just pick a side on stats alone Billy. Jimmy Draper is my case in point. Because of his pace batsmen struggle to play Jimmy with any confidence. This gets the bowler at the other end wickets. I bet every bowler in the comp would be happy to have Jimmy bowling at one end while they they ply their trade at the other. And most batsmen would rather face the other end than Jimmy. so to base your side on stats alone is a little bit of an easy out in my opinion Billy - Unless you umpire us on the weekend then your team is spot on.:D:p;):rolleyes:

Shaved_Plums;331688 said:

Your right Shaved Plumbs, you cant pick the team on stats and I haven't based my side just on stats. I have just thrown up some numbers for some of the people who have requested them. I have seen all sides this year and Jimmy and Boyd have been very good but I have also seen some of the other bowlers bowl their clubs to victory. If I was picking the best side in the comp I would take Draper without a doubt. I reckon if he played for the carnival team they could have one the comp. But I am picking the team for this season and unfortunatly I cant find a spot for him as their have been some other excellent efforts. Pace is not the be all and end all. Just look at Shaun Tait with the Aussie team. As was mentioned earlier it is a subjective view and I am sure others out their will have a different side. But at the end of the day It is a great debate to discuss.

Shaved_Plums;331688 said:

Your right Shaved Plumbs, you cant pick the team on stats and I haven't based my side just on stats. I have just thrown up some numbers for some of the people who have requested them. I have seen all sides this year and Jimmy and Boyd have been very good but I have also seen some of the other bowlers bowl their clubs to victory. If I was picking the best side in the comp I would take Draper without a doubt. I reckon if he played for the carnival team they could have one the comp. But I am picking the team for this season and unfortunatly I cant find a spot for him as their have been some other excellent efforts. Pace is not the be all and end all. Just look at Shaun Tait with the Aussie team. As was mentioned earlier it is a subjective view and I am sure others out their will have a different side. But at the end of the day It is a great debate to discuss.

So who would you choose as captain? My choice would be O'Toole. I know he has only played a few games this year but as he is in your side I would make him the skipper. I did ntice one glaring omission though and he could be the skipper as well. It's MR Cricket himself .................................................................................................. The one, the only JOFFA.............................:rolleyes::p;)

So who would you choose as captain? My choice would be O'Toole. I know he has only played a few games this year but as he is in your side I would make him the skipper. I did ntice one glaring omission though and he could be the skipper as well. It's MR Cricket himself .................................................................................................. The one, the only JOFFA.............................:rolleyes::p;)

Shaved_Plums;331748 said:

Captain would be Chris Armstrong. Been consistent all year with bat and ball and his knowledge of the game has been such a massive bonus for the Saints this year.

Shaved_Plums;331748 said:

Captain would be Chris Armstrong. Been consistent all year with bat and ball and his knowledge of the game has been such a massive bonus for the Saints this year.

Why do small minded people continue to slag Altona Roosters 2?

If my memory serves me correctly we saved the Turf comp last year.:D

As a forward thinking club we felt 2 turf teams will give our next tier of players a go on Turf instead of getting beat in A matts by Melton Sth & Caroline Springs & at that point we didn't know that these two clubs were splitting thus creating an inbalance of teams.:mad:

Giving young players an opportunity was the main objective of Turf 2.:D

The following players may not have stared but but they will be better for the run. J.B.(21),Azza (23),Luke(22),Moona(21),B.Potae(19),T.Potae(21),Heke(23). For me it was never about winning and losing it was all about Belief & DEVELOPMENT.:rolleyes:
The way i see it is you should be prapered to take a risk and fail and only thru failure can you truly grow and improve, or you can go with the flow and wonder about the what if's.Taking Risks is what life is about and you never never know if you dont have a go.....
I would love to do it all again i have no REGRETS. actually i hope we have Turf1 & Turf 2 next year this would make the comp fair dinkum and definetly rival the Willy Comp as we have better grounds and a sounder admin.................
Billy ur Bang on well done cant find any faults with this years Top 12.
Boyd has done well but he is young and if he continues to go the way he is going his time will come.
i am sure all players from other teams feel they could sqeeze one of there own blokes in i.e.cussik.

As a forward thinking club we felt 2 turf teams will give our next tier of players a go on Turf instead of getting beat in A matts by Melton Sth & Caroline Springs & at that point we didn't know that these two clubs were splitting thus creating an inbalance of teams.:mad:

The following players may not have stared but but they will be better for the run. J.B.(21),Azza (23),Luke(22),Moona(21),B.Potae(19),T.Potae(21),Heke(23). For me it was never about winning and losing it was all about Belief & DEVELOPMENT.:rolleyes:
The way i see it is you should be prapered to take a risk and fail and only thru failure can you truly grow and improve, or you can go with the flow and wonder about the what if's.Taking Risks is what life is about and you never never know if you dont have a go.....
I would love to do it all again i have no REGRETS. actually i hope we have Turf1 & Turf 2 next year this would make the comp fair dinkum and definetly rival the Willy Comp as we have better grounds and a sounder admin.................
Boyd has done well but he is young and if he continues to go the way he is going his time will come.
i am sure all players from other teams feel they could sqeeze one of there own blokes in i.e.cussik.

BIG COQ -

I am not sure if people were slagging Roosters 2 off, i think they were just making jugements on the performances this year.

Yes i have commended Roosters on supporting the turf comp before and it was great you gave the kids the opportunity to play at this level this year again, with all the comments about creating a 'bye' i think you were already committed to team entries before the other 2 sides were even considered so 'WELL DONE STICKING TO YOUR GUNS'

Even if next year you find yourselves on matts, you now know the strenghts of players that will be able to push and place pressure on anyone not performing in the turf side which makes for a stronger club.

As you said "DEVELOPMENT", "GOW THROUGH FAILURE", "TAKE RISKS","NO REGRETS"

BIG COQ -

I am not sure if people were slagging Roosters 2 off, i think they were just making jugements on the performances this year.

Yes i have commended Roosters on supporting the turf comp before and it was great you gave the kids the opportunity to play at this level this year again, with all the comments about creating a 'bye' i think you were already committed to team entries before the other 2 sides were even considered so 'WELL DONE STICKING TO YOUR GUNS'

Even if next year you find yourselves on matts, you now know the strenghts of players that will be able to push and place pressure on anyone not performing in the turf side which makes for a stronger club.

As you said "DEVELOPMENT", "GOW THROUGH FAILURE", "TAKE RISKS","NO REGRETS"

BigCoq;331785 said:

Big Coq I think what Roosters did last year was great - it did save the turf comp (and by extension the entire comp I would say) and you guys should be commended for what you did. But this year, when they did the regrade, you guys should have been put into A grade. There is no doubt about that and I don't believe you can argue the point (well you can argue if you want to). Yes you helped the comp last year but does that entitle you to keep 2 teams in Turf? I think not as if you did it to help the comp in the first place then surely being regraded to A grade, this year, would have helped as well. You can't say on one hand we helped you - you're welcome then say we helped you - it's time to pay us back. And just to make it clear - I am not saying that's what has happened but that is how it looks from the outside. It would have removed the bye (which your premier grade should never have) and would have saved a little bit of embarrassment (for the Turf grade). Simply put you can not realistically have 2 teams from the same club in the same grade and expect outsiders to take the WSUCCA seriously. That's my opinion on the subject, it's not personal, in fact I don't even know who you are Big Coq, it's just one man's opinion.

BigCoq;331785 said:

Big Coq I think what Roosters did last year was great - it did save the turf comp (and by extension the entire comp I would say) and you guys should be commended for what you did. But this year, when they did the regrade, you guys should have been put into A grade. There is no doubt about that and I don't believe you can argue the point (well you can argue if you want to). Yes you helped the comp last year but does that entitle you to keep 2 teams in Turf? I think not as if you did it to help the comp in the first place then surely being regraded to A grade, this year, would have helped as well. You can't say on one hand we helped you - you're welcome then say we helped you - it's time to pay us back. And just to make it clear - I am not saying that's what has happened but that is how it looks from the outside. It would have removed the bye (which your premier grade should never have) and would have saved a little bit of embarrassment (for the Turf grade). Simply put you can not realistically have 2 teams from the same club in the same grade and expect outsiders to take the WSUCCA seriously. That's my opinion on the subject, it's not personal, in fact I don't even know who you are Big Coq, it's just one man's opinion.

BigCoq;331785 said:

Hahahaha.......
You blokes are dreaming, there is no way the Willy comp would:
a) have a bye in our top grade
b) have two sides from the same team in the top grade

I have heard a team from your comp maybe folding very soon and where do you think you are going to get the grounds from, you don't have enough now!
Better grounds - go and have a look at Newport Digman's deck, Newport Rams, Willy Imps deck at the Ferren, Laverton's deck, West Newport at Loft reserve and even Willy Colts on the strand they would all be better then the grounds you play on.... and don't say Altona Green b/c Laverton 3rds play on that wicket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigCoq;331785 said:

Hahahaha.......

I have heard a team from your comp maybe folding very soon and where do you think you are going to get the grounds from, you don't have enough now!
Better grounds - go and have a look at Newport Digman's deck, Newport Rams, Willy Imps deck at the Ferren, Laverton's deck, West Newport at Loft reserve and even Willy Colts on the strand they would all be better then the grounds you play on.... and don't say Altona Green b/c Laverton 3rds play on that wicket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaved_Plums;331829 said:
Big Coq I think what Roosters did last year was great - it did save the turf comp (and by extension the entire comp I would say) and you guys should be commended for what you did. But this year, when they did the regrade, you guys should have been put into A grade. There is no doubt about that and I don't believe you can argue the point (well you can argue if you want to). Yes you helped the comp last year but does that entitle you to keep 2 teams in Turf? I think not as if you did it to help the comp in the first place then surely being regraded to A grade, this year, would have helped as well. You can't say on one hand we helped you - you're welcome then say we helped you - it's time to pay us back. And just to make it clear - I am not saying that's what has happened but that is how it looks from the outside. It would have removed the bye (which your premier grade should never have) and would have saved a little bit of embarrassment (for the Turf grade). Simply put you can not realistically have 2 teams from the same club in the same grade and expect outsiders to take the WSUCCA seriously. That's my opinion on the subject, it's not personal, in fact I don't even know who you are Big Coq, it's just one man's opinion.[/

I totally agree with you Shaved Plumbs. From a Rossters point I can understand their view wanting to play 2 teams for player development as it assists their club. But looking at the bigger picture from an Association Competition point of view it was a mistake to have the Roosters #2 in the Turf Grade. The Association is appreciative for them helping the Turf Comp last year but it shouldn't guarantee that you get a spot the year after. I believe that the integrity of a strong competition is more important than a few youngsters developing their careers.

The Association should have also made a couple more tough decisions by puting Caroline Springs down as well and bringing the Melton South Soft Cocks up to Turf.

The number 1 goal of the Association is to have the strongest and most competative competions possible with the best teams available. By having 9 or 10 teams in the comp it weakens the standard of cricket and the gap between the top and bottom is miles apart. It is my opinion that we should have had an 8 team comp.

Shaved_Plums;331829 said:
Big Coq I think what Roosters did last year was great - it did save the turf comp (and by extension the entire comp I would say) and you guys should be commended for what you did. But this year, when they did the regrade, you guys should have been put into A grade. There is no doubt about that and I don't believe you can argue the point (well you can argue if you want to). Yes you helped the comp last year but does that entitle you to keep 2 teams in Turf? I think not as if you did it to help the comp in the first place then surely being regraded to A grade, this year, would have helped as well. You can't say on one hand we helped you - you're welcome then say we helped you - it's time to pay us back. And just to make it clear - I am not saying that's what has happened but that is how it looks from the outside. It would have removed the bye (which your premier grade should never have) and would have saved a little bit of embarrassment (for the Turf grade). Simply put you can not realistically have 2 teams from the same club in the same grade and expect outsiders to take the WSUCCA seriously. That's my opinion on the subject, it's not personal, in fact I don't even know who you are Big Coq, it's just one man's opinion.[/

I totally agree with you Shaved Plumbs. From a Rossters point I can understand their view wanting to play 2 teams for player development as it assists their club. But looking at the bigger picture from an Association Competition point of view it was a mistake to have the Roosters #2 in the Turf Grade. The Association is appreciative for them helping the Turf Comp last year but it shouldn't guarantee that you get a spot the year after. I believe that the integrity of a strong competition is more important than a few youngsters developing their careers.

The Association should have also made a couple more tough decisions by puting Caroline Springs down as well and bringing the Melton South Soft Cocks up to Turf.

The number 1 goal of the Association is to have the strongest and most competative competions possible with the best teams available. By having 9 or 10 teams in the comp it weakens the standard of cricket and the gap between the top and bottom is miles apart. It is my opinion that we should have had an 8 team comp.

Stump Cam;331838 said:

Hahahaha.......

Dont Laugh to quick Stump Cam because there is a big chance that your comp could have 2 less clubs next year. I know for a fact that there is a couple of clubs in your Turf Grades and in the VTCA as well who have been approached and are seriously considering coming to play in the Churches Comp. And yest they will bring their Turf wickets with them. So watch your space buddy.

Stump Cam;331838 said:

Hahahaha.......

Dont Laugh to quick Stump Cam because there is a big chance that your comp could have 2 less clubs next year. I know for a fact that there is a couple of clubs in your Turf Grades and in the VTCA as well who have been approached and are seriously considering coming to play in the Churches Comp. And yest they will bring their Turf wickets with them. So watch your space buddy.

I think all grades should have 8 teams. If there are 8 teams you can have a much better (and fairer I might add) fixture. If we can get 21 weeks for the home & away season (there were 19 weeks this season) we can have 7 one dayers and 7 two dayers. Each team gets to play each other at home and away. I know some people don't like the one dayers but I myself - as an older bloke these days - don't mind them. But at least with my idea everyone gets to play everyone twice. Therefore there can be no complaints about how one team had a better draw than another (although the team that missus out always finds an excuse). It probably means starting back a week earlier after Christmas and possibly finishing the season a week later, that's the only real issue I think - do we have enough weeks?

I think all grades should have 8 teams. If there are 8 teams you can have a much better (and fairer I might add) fixture. If we can get 21 weeks for the home & away season (there were 19 weeks this season) we can have 7 one dayers and 7 two dayers. Each team gets to play each other at home and away. I know some people don't like the one dayers but I myself - as an older bloke these days - don't mind them. But at least with my idea everyone gets to play everyone twice. Therefore there can be no complaints about how one team had a better draw than another (although the team that missus out always finds an excuse). It probably means starting back a week earlier after Christmas and possibly finishing the season a week later, that's the only real issue I think - do we have enough weeks?

Stump Cam;331838 said:

Hahahaha.......

StumpCam watch out i hear there is at least one club in the Willy comp on Deaths door. Might even take there wicket.
The ferron to small. i see the future Council OHS issue no grounds to over lap one wicket to be removed imps or cys. your lucky wests came back & Deer Park is a goat track.Wyndam a goat track.
Lavo, Digman, & Wests only good tracks.
will see who ends up with the chocolates may the best admin win............
Hey Champ who do you think looks after Altona green THE Roosters thats who
Look out here we come!! willy who?..............................
I cannot think of any team struglling in our comp but maybe St Johns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stump Cam;331838 said:

Hahahaha.......

StumpCam watch out i hear there is at least one club in the Willy comp on Deaths door. Might even take there wicket.
The ferron to small. i see the future Council OHS issue no grounds to over lap one wicket to be removed imps or cys. your lucky wests came back & Deer Park is a goat track.Wyndam a goat track.
I cannot think of any team struglling in our comp but maybe St Johns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaved_Plums;331851 said:
what about a relegation zone.

Shaved_Plums;331851 said:
what about a relegation zone.

BigCoq;331858 said:

come on BigCoq.. we all know that willy comp has the wood over the churches at the moment but im not here to bag your comp i think it is improving and is on the right track with trying to get two turf grades.. but the problem is that you will try and get our wickets when they are not being used, but they get used every week so i cant see it happening.. and as you will do that i dont think you can bag the wickets!

BigCoq;331858 said:

come on BigCoq.. we all know that willy comp has the wood over the churches at the moment but im not here to bag your comp i think it is improving and is on the right track with trying to get two turf grades.. but the problem is that you will try and get our wickets when they are not being used, but they get used every week so i cant see it happening.. and as you will do that i dont think you can bag the wickets!

lucky;331915 said:

LUCKY - Thanks for your "ON RIGHT TRACK & IMPROVING" comments. Hopefully yes the assoc. can get enough interest for a second turf grade.

Also wouldn't it be in everyones best interests if a wicket was not being used for some reason, that the 2 associations could come together and have some arrangement whereas all/any cricketers would benifit by playing cricket.

This US & THEM should stop and we should all work together!!!!!!!!!

lucky;331915 said:

LUCKY - Thanks for your "ON RIGHT TRACK & IMPROVING" comments. Hopefully yes the assoc. can get enough interest for a second turf grade.

Also wouldn't it be in everyones best interests if a wicket was not being used for some reason, that the 2 associations could come together and have some arrangement whereas all/any cricketers would benifit by playing cricket.

This US & THEM should stop and we should all work together!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back