Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

StAndrewsman;332401 said:
Lucky is and has been all season incompetent in preparing the pitches. Word from both clubs is that he doesnt do much, and they are left to do most of the watering. He even makes the teams fill up the petrol can to fill the machinery. It is a joke. Prepare to e dazzled at some less than adequate prepared decks this week

Your kidding yourself mate.. i know who you are and you wouldnt know shit about wickets or about what goes on so just worry about trying to make some runs this week champ and i will worry about the wickets

StAndrewsman;332401 said:
Lucky is and has been all season incompetent in preparing the pitches. Word from both clubs is that he doesnt do much, and they are left to do most of the watering. He even makes the teams fill up the petrol can to fill the machinery. It is a joke. Prepare to e dazzled at some less than adequate prepared decks this week

Your kidding yourself mate.. i know who you are and you wouldnt know shit about wickets or about what goes on so just worry about trying to make some runs this week champ and i will worry about the wickets

Is there a little extra agro in here today or am I just imagining things? Deck Chair or champ as you are now known why are you and Lucky going at each other? And Lucky everyone is entitled to an opinion - whether you agree with it or not doesn't matter as it's not your opinion. Therefore instead of bagging people why don't you fix what most people on here are calling a terrible wicket (or do your best) and just let people say what they want to. As long as you do your best Lucky, as long as you do your best mate. Although I must admit that the wicket is crap. How do I know this? Because Champ told me so.:cool::D:)

Is there a little extra agro in here today or am I just imagining things? Deck Chair or champ as you are now known why are you and Lucky going at each other? And Lucky everyone is entitled to an opinion - whether you agree with it or not doesn't matter as it's not your opinion. Therefore instead of bagging people why don't you fix what most people on here are calling a terrible wicket (or do your best) and just let people say what they want to. As long as you do your best Lucky, as long as you do your best mate. Although I must admit that the wicket is crap. How do I know this? Because Champ told me so.:cool::D:)

did someone say royal rumble??? think a cage grudge match might be in order 2 for a few people. lucky and wait there, dont worry bout all these sooks, juice up the pitches, far too many things go the batters way. hope to see 2games, 40 wickets each game! heard the rumours bout length of pitch- as long as that right, who cares

heres a little note to all those bagging roosters- just cause you ask for something doesnt mean the assoc has to give it to you. i dont agree with us having 2 teams in turf this year even with the benefits for our club- ITS SHIT FOR THE TOP GRADE. but if the assoc is not smart enough to...... put out a proper fxture , take up your issues with them.

think it will be awesome if we get 2 turf grades up and going, agree that 8 per grade will be perfect fit with top 2 and bottom 2 getting relegated each season. HELLO ANYONE FROM ADMIN/ASSOC LISTINING???????????????????

also some1 said we could have 8 per grade and play each other twice - 7 x 1dayers and 7 x 2dayers. well thats 21 days for the seaon. we had only 17 saturdays availble this year. cant start early or finsh later cause of footy on most grounds...... but this would work- start 1 week earlier after xmas- 18 days cric- then 7 x 1dayers and 4 regular 2dayers ( 7 days + 8days ). 15 weekends taken up. then last 3 x 2dayers played over 3 weekends playin on sat & sun each week. bit left feild and radical but then draw would always be even. dont think it would ever get up, most people wouldnt agree to that.

did someone say royal rumble??? think a cage grudge match might be in order 2 for a few people. lucky and wait there, dont worry bout all these sooks, juice up the pitches, far too many things go the batters way. hope to see 2games, 40 wickets each game! heard the rumours bout length of pitch- as long as that right, who cares

heres a little note to all those bagging roosters- just cause you ask for something doesnt mean the assoc has to give it to you. i dont agree with us having 2 teams in turf this year even with the benefits for our club- ITS SHIT FOR THE TOP GRADE. but if the assoc is not smart enough to...... put out a proper fxture , take up your issues with them.

think it will be awesome if we get 2 turf grades up and going, agree that 8 per grade will be perfect fit with top 2 and bottom 2 getting relegated each season. HELLO ANYONE FROM ADMIN/ASSOC LISTINING???????????????????

also some1 said we could have 8 per grade and play each other twice - 7 x 1dayers and 7 x 2dayers. well thats 21 days for the seaon. we had only 17 saturdays availble this year. cant start early or finsh later cause of footy on most grounds...... but this would work- start 1 week earlier after xmas- 18 days cric- then 7 x 1dayers and 4 regular 2dayers ( 7 days + 8days ). 15 weekends taken up. then last 3 x 2dayers played over 3 weekends playin on sat & sun each week. bit left feild and radical but then draw would always be even. dont think it would ever get up, most people wouldnt agree to that.

Pots;332578 said:

Not a bad idea but your right it probably wouldnt get up.

Pots;332578 said:

Not a bad idea but your right it probably wouldnt get up.

wait there;332497 said:
just got back from angliss, bit of rain has them a bit soft but they should be right for the finals.. i've got a bit of a problem with the soil on the north wicket.. a few air pockets in the soil which affects how level it is, been cross rolling a couple of times in the last couple of weeks, but due to the sh1t soil which was used when constructing the table, there's still going to be a few air pockets.. that be said, should be good and play well for this week weather permitting

You dont have to explain yourself to these drongos bro......its not your fault they all cant bat like St Andrews did on weekend:eek:..........ANA have not said a bad word about there wicket since round 4,so shoosh ya "SOOKS"!!!!!!!!!:eek:

wait there;332497 said:
just got back from angliss, bit of rain has them a bit soft but they should be right for the finals.. i've got a bit of a problem with the soil on the north wicket.. a few air pockets in the soil which affects how level it is, been cross rolling a couple of times in the last couple of weeks, but due to the sh1t soil which was used when constructing the table, there's still going to be a few air pockets.. that be said, should be good and play well for this week weather permitting

You dont have to explain yourself to these drongos bro......its not your fault they all cant bat like St Andrews did on weekend:eek:..........ANA have not said a bad word about there wicket since round 4,so shoosh ya "SOOKS"!!!!!!!!!:eek:

hussler;332738 said:
you dont have to explain yourself to these drongos bro......its not your fault they all cant bat like st andrews did on weekend:eek:..........ana have not said a bad word about there wicket since round 4,so shoosh ya "sooks"!!!!!!!!!:eek:

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hussler;332738 said:
you dont have to explain yourself to these drongos bro......its not your fault they all cant bat like st andrews did on weekend:eek:..........ana have not said a bad word about there wicket since round 4,so shoosh ya "sooks"!!!!!!!!!:eek:

waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Billy Bowden;332073 said:
Mr Stump Cam.

I think you better go around to some of your fellow clubs and actually ask them for yourself where they will be playing next year.

Let me help you along with the first club to approach. Newport Rams.

After you get over the initial shock at what they will tell you, have a glass of water to re-group.

Then go for a walk down the road to Willy Imps and ask them the same question.

Then you might like to get some transport and go for a drive to Deer Park and ask them also.

By now you will be on a roll , and as you make your way back to your base, make sure you call into Seabrook Cricket Club, Albion Cricket club, and Kingsville Cricket club.

Hope this info helps you along Mr Stump Cam

You can throw Footscray ANA onto the list as well.[/QUOTE]

ANA wont be moving accross their turf teams, though will continue to play the fourths in E grade for the younger kids.

Billy Bowden;332073 said:
Mr Stump Cam.

I think you better go around to some of your fellow clubs and actually ask them for yourself where they will be playing next year.

Let me help you along with the first club to approach. Newport Rams.

After you get over the initial shock at what they will tell you, have a glass of water to re-group.

Then go for a walk down the road to Willy Imps and ask them the same question.

Then you might like to get some transport and go for a drive to Deer Park and ask them also.

By now you will be on a roll , and as you make your way back to your base, make sure you call into Seabrook Cricket Club, Albion Cricket club, and Kingsville Cricket club.

Hope this info helps you along Mr Stump Cam

You can throw Footscray ANA onto the list as well.[/QUOTE]

ANA wont be moving accross their turf teams, though will continue to play the fourths in E grade for the younger kids.

WDCAcricketer;332882 said:
You can throw Footscray ANA onto the list as well.

bwahahahahaha
Billy you have NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

WDCAcricketer;332882 said:
You can throw Footscray ANA onto the list as well.

bwahahahahaha
Billy you have NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Pots;332578 said:

There were 19 Saturdays this year. 3 one dayers (3 Sat) & 8 two dayers (16 Sat). So I think if we started a week earlier after xmas - maybe even 2 weeks, if possible, the problem would be solved. The only issue is when Easter comes along earlier, which I think happens about every 4 years. I would be more than happy to play a couple of Sundays during the season. If the association put the fixture out early then all the clubs would know when there Sunday games are and could plan ahead for them. But I don't believe this commitee, which has been around longer than the game its self, would go for such a 'logical' idea - it makes too much sense.:rolleyes:

Pots;332578 said:

There were 19 Saturdays this year. 3 one dayers (3 Sat) & 8 two dayers (16 Sat). So I think if we started a week earlier after xmas - maybe even 2 weeks, if possible, the problem would be solved. The only issue is when Easter comes along earlier, which I think happens about every 4 years. I would be more than happy to play a couple of Sundays during the season. If the association put the fixture out early then all the clubs would know when there Sunday games are and could plan ahead for them. But I don't believe this commitee, which has been around longer than the game its self, would go for such a 'logical' idea - it makes too much sense.:rolleyes:

Stump Cam;332341 said:
newport rams, deer park and footscray ana are not good enough at the moment to compete in the wdca anyway, nor would they be good enough to compete in the turf grade in the wsucca

Agreed, those clubs are on there knees and would struggle to play in your turf grade, you can have them they will be no loss to us.
If you haven't already noticed we have 13 sides in our B turf grade, which is way too many so I'm hearing a rumor that we will possibly be splitting our B turf into to divisions because we have too many teams.
More and more teams from different areas and comps are coming to the Willy comp because it is a much stronger association, yes you may get 1 or 2 teams from our comp but they are the teams that can't sustain the requirements of the Willy comp.
Overlapping grounds have been an issue for a while now and if there was going to be something done about it I'm sure our association will do something about it but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Obviously with all of your turf experience 6years (hahahahahahahaha), you guys think ANA's wicket is a shocker now and isn't up to standard - NO IDEA!

If your admin was so strong why did Roosters have to have their 2nds in the top grade?
Sounds like your comp is run by old fossels and the clubs run the comp and then to make matters worse, you blokes keep that matting side in your top grade..... what a joke, what an embarresment!!!

Wow Roosters do the wicket down at Altona Green maybe your team should spend all their time doing all of the wickets in the comp instead of getting involved in grading and saving your comp (which apparently stronger then the Willy comp)!!!
You apparently save your comp one year and then embarress it the next, great work Big Coq....

I know Billy how about you hire a mini bus from one of the Churches you all attend and take a trip on a Saturday and go down to any A turf game and watch some proper cricket, then you'll see what standard of cricket we play.
Do it when half of your turf grade plays on a Sunday because you don't have enough grounds to play on a Saturday like every other association does....:eek:[/QUOTE]

To say ANA are on there knees is abit rich and to compare them with Deerpark and Newport Rams is like comparing apples with melons...

With five junior teams and four senior teams, the club is far from struggling for numbers. Yes we have struggled in A turf and B turf, but with a very young list, weve shown glimpses in a few games. A turf had anything up to 6 youngsters between the ages of 18 and 15 play all year and further more B turf had 8 to 9 kids play from the ages of 19 to 14 play all year and A matts had further 5 and the fourths were all the younger kids.

I give one thing for the chruches, its much more friendlier enviroment to play the kids in, though something got to be done playing one game wonders in the lower grades.

Good luck for the finals for all the teams, see you at Angliss and may the best team win.

Stump Cam;332341 said:
newport rams, deer park and footscray ana are not good enough at the moment to compete in the wdca anyway, nor would they be good enough to compete in the turf grade in the wsucca

Agreed, those clubs are on there knees and would struggle to play in your turf grade, you can have them they will be no loss to us.
If you haven't already noticed we have 13 sides in our B turf grade, which is way too many so I'm hearing a rumor that we will possibly be splitting our B turf into to divisions because we have too many teams.
More and more teams from different areas and comps are coming to the Willy comp because it is a much stronger association, yes you may get 1 or 2 teams from our comp but they are the teams that can't sustain the requirements of the Willy comp.
Overlapping grounds have been an issue for a while now and if there was going to be something done about it I'm sure our association will do something about it but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Obviously with all of your turf experience 6years (hahahahahahahaha), you guys think ANA's wicket is a shocker now and isn't up to standard - NO IDEA!

If your admin was so strong why did Roosters have to have their 2nds in the top grade?
Sounds like your comp is run by old fossels and the clubs run the comp and then to make matters worse, you blokes keep that matting side in your top grade..... what a joke, what an embarresment!!!

Wow Roosters do the wicket down at Altona Green maybe your team should spend all their time doing all of the wickets in the comp instead of getting involved in grading and saving your comp (which apparently stronger then the Willy comp)!!!
You apparently save your comp one year and then embarress it the next, great work Big Coq....

I know Billy how about you hire a mini bus from one of the Churches you all attend and take a trip on a Saturday and go down to any A turf game and watch some proper cricket, then you'll see what standard of cricket we play.
Do it when half of your turf grade plays on a Sunday because you don't have enough grounds to play on a Saturday like every other association does....:eek:[/QUOTE]

To say ANA are on there knees is abit rich and to compare them with Deerpark and Newport Rams is like comparing apples with melons...

With five junior teams and four senior teams, the club is far from struggling for numbers. Yes we have struggled in A turf and B turf, but with a very young list, weve shown glimpses in a few games. A turf had anything up to 6 youngsters between the ages of 18 and 15 play all year and further more B turf had 8 to 9 kids play from the ages of 19 to 14 play all year and A matts had further 5 and the fourths were all the younger kids.

I give one thing for the chruches, its much more friendlier enviroment to play the kids in, though something got to be done playing one game wonders in the lower grades.

Good luck for the finals for all the teams, see you at Angliss and may the best team win.

Gday Folkes

Well there are only 2 days to go to finals start and I am sure we are all keen to get out there. My tips for the Semi Fianls are

TURF - I am tipping St Andrews to beat Willy Congs and Melton Centrals to beat Altona Rooster #1.

St Andrews v Willy Congs will be a good game. Both sides have very good bowling attacks but where St Andrews will win in my opinion is they have alot more batting depth compared to Congs. Of the top 30 run scorers in the comp this year, all of St Andrews top 7 batsman are on the list compared to only 3 of the Congs players. If Congs are to win they are going to have to bowl St Andrews out for no more than 175 runs I believe.

As Like the other game, I believe Melton Centrals will win as they currently have more of their batsmen in form and they have consistent winning form compared to the Roosters. Obviously getting Hayes and Huelet will be the key for Rooster and if they do then they will be a big chance. For the Roosters loosing your last 2 games will not be good for the confidence going into Saturdays game. As I said earlier in the week it was important that some of the batsman such as Smith (118runs at 16.9avg), Breraton (137runs at 15.2avg), Gannaway (119runs at 14.9avg), Pham (86runs at 9.6avg), Lewis (106runs at 15.1avg) and McCarthy (82runs at 11.7avg) to all stand up and not let Robinson and Pup have to carry the load.

A Matts - Melton South to beat Wiily Congs and Rockbank to beat Werribee Centrals

B Matts - Melton South to beat St Johns and St Andrews to beat Altona Sports

C Matts - Footscray United to beat Werribee Centrals and Melton South to beat Melton Centrals.

D Matts - Melton Centrals to beat Altona and Albion to beat Werribee Centrals

E Matts -Hoppers Crossing to beat Werribee Centrals and Willy Congs to beat Willy Imps

All the best to everyone including the umpires.

Gday Folkes

Well there are only 2 days to go to finals start and I am sure we are all keen to get out there. My tips for the Semi Fianls are

TURF - I am tipping St Andrews to beat Willy Congs and Melton Centrals to beat Altona Rooster #1.

St Andrews v Willy Congs will be a good game. Both sides have very good bowling attacks but where St Andrews will win in my opinion is they have alot more batting depth compared to Congs. Of the top 30 run scorers in the comp this year, all of St Andrews top 7 batsman are on the list compared to only 3 of the Congs players. If Congs are to win they are going to have to bowl St Andrews out for no more than 175 runs I believe.

As Like the other game, I believe Melton Centrals will win as they currently have more of their batsmen in form and they have consistent winning form compared to the Roosters. Obviously getting Hayes and Huelet will be the key for Rooster and if they do then they will be a big chance. For the Roosters loosing your last 2 games will not be good for the confidence going into Saturdays game. As I said earlier in the week it was important that some of the batsman such as Smith (118runs at 16.9avg), Breraton (137runs at 15.2avg), Gannaway (119runs at 14.9avg), Pham (86runs at 9.6avg), Lewis (106runs at 15.1avg) and McCarthy (82runs at 11.7avg) to all stand up and not let Robinson and Pup have to carry the load.

A Matts - Melton South to beat Wiily Congs and Rockbank to beat Werribee Centrals

B Matts - Melton South to beat St Johns and St Andrews to beat Altona Sports

C Matts - Footscray United to beat Werribee Centrals and Melton South to beat Melton Centrals.

D Matts - Melton Centrals to beat Altona and Albion to beat Werribee Centrals

E Matts -Hoppers Crossing to beat Werribee Centrals and Willy Congs to beat Willy Imps

All the best to everyone including the umpires.

Pots;332578 said:

Pots, Pots, Pots, u turn coat cant believe your coments on Turf 2....
Where the Hell would you be with out turf 2 hmmm still plying your trade in the B matts how quickly we forget where we come from.........................
its interesting to see the rats jump of a sinking ship. I dont mind we lose a couple of games and nobody wants to no us how Fickle we are. so so SAD!!!!!
I SAY THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Pots;332578 said:

Pots, Pots, Pots, u turn coat cant believe your coments on Turf 2....
Where the Hell would you be with out turf 2 hmmm still plying your trade in the B matts how quickly we forget where we come from.........................
its interesting to see the rats jump of a sinking ship. I dont mind we lose a couple of games and nobody wants to no us how Fickle we are. so so SAD!!!!!
I SAY THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

Love being the underdog bring it on.
Haysey hullet are there keys.
I think we have more game breakers than them..................
May the best team win!!!!!!!!!!!! Go us!!!!!!!!!!!

Love being the underdog bring it on.
Haysey hullet are there keys.
I think we have more game breakers than them..................
May the best team win!!!!!!!!!!!! Go us!!!!!!!!!!!

Who cares who the umpires will be they should all be able to be on the top of their game and hopefully make all the right calls as they see them.

Who cares who the umpires will be they should all be able to be on the top of their game and hopefully make all the right calls as they see them.

Billy I am glad that you think that our form doen't warrant Melton to take us as a threat. Just think back and you will see that we have a pretty even balance aginst them and if they take their foot off the peddle it will prove to faital. We have a great chance to make a real impact on the outcome of the year. Don't under estimatethe ROOSTERS. Go Us.

Billy I am glad that you think that our form doen't warrant Melton to take us as a threat. Just think back and you will see that we have a pretty even balance aginst them and if they take their foot off the peddle it will prove to faital. We have a great chance to make a real impact on the outcome of the year. Don't under estimatethe ROOSTERS. Go Us.

Shaved_Plums;333038 said:
Does anyone know who is umpiring which games? Billy, can ya help us out there?

No Idea as yet. Still dont even know where the games are. Pretty poor by the Association that 2 days out from finals and no body still doesn't know what is going on

Shaved_Plums;333038 said:
Does anyone know who is umpiring which games? Billy, can ya help us out there?

No Idea as yet. Still dont even know where the games are. Pretty poor by the Association that 2 days out from finals and no body still doesn't know what is going on

tram;333046 said:

Tram

I am Not saying you guys can't win, matter of fact you are a good chance of winning but at the moment you blokes are in some poor form with 2 big losses in your past 2 games which isn't ideal heading into the finals. I just feel Melton Centrals are in better shape than you blokes and I am just putting it out their which guys in particular have to improve for your side to win. good luck anyway.

tram;333046 said:

Tram

I am Not saying you guys can't win, matter of fact you are a good chance of winning but at the moment you blokes are in some poor form with 2 big losses in your past 2 games which isn't ideal heading into the finals. I just feel Melton Centrals are in better shape than you blokes and I am just putting it out their which guys in particular have to improve for your side to win. good luck anyway.

i believe St. Andrews VS Willy Congs is being played on the south wicket at angliss

i believe St. Andrews VS Willy Congs is being played on the south wicket at angliss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back