Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Shaved_Plums;329280 said:
I don't believe you can say "cricketer's peak at 25" and consider that to be a statement of fact. We are all different and you will find that cricketer's may be at their physical peak at 25 (maybe up to 30ish) but what about mentally. I'm nearly 40 and am still learning about the game. I beleieve you can still improve your game in your 30's but it just becomes a little bit harder physically. So as to when a player "PEAKS", I personally don't believe you ever really do.

I have to agree with you here. The only cricketers that then to peak at around 25 are out and out pacemen and that is only in the physical sense. Even then a good bowler who learns not only about the game in general but also about their own personal game will probably have decent amount of success in the low 30's.

Batsman tend to be at their best around 30; spinners even later, probably not until early to mid 30's depending on the amount of bowling under their belt.

When you 'peak' is a very subjective idea, you can make up for a lot of the physical decline by being clever. Even then, unless playing top level cricket, you shouldn't really be hampered physically until late 30's or early 40's. Of course this is somewhat dependant on lifestyle, injuries and so on.

Shaved_Plums;329280 said:
I don't believe you can say "cricketer's peak at 25" and consider that to be a statement of fact. We are all different and you will find that cricketer's may be at their physical peak at 25 (maybe up to 30ish) but what about mentally. I'm nearly 40 and am still learning about the game. I beleieve you can still improve your game in your 30's but it just becomes a little bit harder physically. So as to when a player "PEAKS", I personally don't believe you ever really do.

I have to agree with you here. The only cricketers that then to peak at around 25 are out and out pacemen and that is only in the physical sense. Even then a good bowler who learns not only about the game in general but also about their own personal game will probably have decent amount of success in the low 30's.

Batsman tend to be at their best around 30; spinners even later, probably not until early to mid 30's depending on the amount of bowling under their belt.

When you 'peak' is a very subjective idea, you can make up for a lot of the physical decline by being clever. Even then, unless playing top level cricket, you shouldn't really be hampered physically until late 30's or early 40's. Of course this is somewhat dependant on lifestyle, injuries and so on.

mas cambios;329603 said:

that means a few years til i reach my physical peak. i dont think that the suggestion of low 30's reach the success. i reached my success last few seasons and it feels like im going down hill from here, and im way off low 30's. I think it all depends on how much cricket the individual has played, not how old he is.

Angliss reserve, no dam at all, water soaked into ground (off playing surface) in little over 3 hours, shows how much water angliss needs as water tank was full. Looking at the material of the water tank tonight, shows that the fibreglass is too thin, another stuff up by council, they hav black banned all water tanks in the area i think.

mas cambios;329603 said:

that means a few years til i reach my physical peak. i dont think that the suggestion of low 30's reach the success. i reached my success last few seasons and it feels like im going down hill from here, and im way off low 30's. I think it all depends on how much cricket the individual has played, not how old he is.

Angliss reserve, no dam at all, water soaked into ground (off playing surface) in little over 3 hours, shows how much water angliss needs as water tank was full. Looking at the material of the water tank tonight, shows that the fibreglass is too thin, another stuff up by council, they hav black banned all water tanks in the area i think.

StAndrewsman;329611 said:

It's a very individual thing but think about what pace bowling actually is - a short and explosive action. It favours the young, especially when it comes to stamina. Look at all the great pace bowlers and you'll see that a peak is reached around 24-27 with a drop off thereafter. They can still reach the top speed but it tends to be for shorter periods with an increased risk of injury.

As you say, it also depends on the amount of cricket played, the fitness/lifestyle and genetics of the player. Technique will also play a part. As always, there will also be those that buck the trend.

However, physicality is only only aspect of cricket, the mental side of things also plays a large part in the game as well as experience. Can you truly say that someone has reached their absolute peak just because they can't obtain the same bleep test scores they had when 21.

Batsman are a different prospect once again, as the physical element required is different; it's more about the mental side of things and so on.

There is no one size fits all bracket when it comes to peaks, it's very much down to the individual and their circumstances. Indeed, is the guy who's 45 and taking more wickets than ever, at a higher level, still past his peak, or only just reaching it?

StAndrewsman;329611 said:

It's a very individual thing but think about what pace bowling actually is - a short and explosive action. It favours the young, especially when it comes to stamina. Look at all the great pace bowlers and you'll see that a peak is reached around 24-27 with a drop off thereafter. They can still reach the top speed but it tends to be for shorter periods with an increased risk of injury.

As you say, it also depends on the amount of cricket played, the fitness/lifestyle and genetics of the player. Technique will also play a part. As always, there will also be those that buck the trend.

However, physicality is only only aspect of cricket, the mental side of things also plays a large part in the game as well as experience. Can you truly say that someone has reached their absolute peak just because they can't obtain the same bleep test scores they had when 21.

Batsman are a different prospect once again, as the physical element required is different; it's more about the mental side of things and so on.

There is no one size fits all bracket when it comes to peaks, it's very much down to the individual and their circumstances. Indeed, is the guy who's 45 and taking more wickets than ever, at a higher level, still past his peak, or only just reaching it?

Shaved_Plums;328937 said:
Thanks for the support Too Old Body Broke........ I started playing in this comp when I was about 10 years old - with Totty Bapts - I have since played with 3 or 4 other clubs. I think I have missed 2 seasons since I started playing as a kid.

Well I am pretty sure I would have seen you at some stage. I played with Altona H.S.O.B's..... so I am now showing my age. Totty Baps huh? Gee we had some tough games against Totty, with you guys having the likes of Monkey, the 2 Norris bros, Brian Rich etc.

Shaved_Plums;328937 said:
Thanks for the support Too Old Body Broke........ I started playing in this comp when I was about 10 years old - with Totty Bapts - I have since played with 3 or 4 other clubs. I think I have missed 2 seasons since I started playing as a kid.

Well I am pretty sure I would have seen you at some stage. I played with Altona H.S.O.B's..... so I am now showing my age. Totty Baps huh? Gee we had some tough games against Totty, with you guys having the likes of Monkey, the 2 Norris bros, Brian Rich etc.

Any boys with some feedback or news from the session at Waterloo last night ??

Surely some box was thumped??

Any boys with some feedback or news from the session at Waterloo last night ??

Surely some box was thumped??

Wicket at Deer park is a disgrace and is actually a hazard but when there are no grounds I guess we just have to put up with it.

Best Spinner: By far Callas but I heard him talking to one of the St Johns boys during their game before xmass that he cant bowl this year cause of his ankle. He was saying needs an operation and cant even walk on it...might explain the extra kilos????:)

Fastest: Draper by a mile.

Sledger: Armstrong...Ive seen him in action and he doesnt shut up.

ST ANDREWS to win the finals in Turf. But congrats to roosters for being conviencing this year. I think we have shown everyone that we are good enough. Anything can happen come finals!!!!!!!

I think this will be the closest finals serious in a while. All 4 sides can turn it on its just a matter of WHO!!!!

I think St Andrews have the FORM
Congs have the LIST
Rocsters have the HEART
Melton have HAYES

Wicket at Deer park is a disgrace and is actually a hazard but when there are no grounds I guess we just have to put up with it.

Best Spinner: By far Callas but I heard him talking to one of the St Johns boys during their game before xmass that he cant bowl this year cause of his ankle. He was saying needs an operation and cant even walk on it...might explain the extra kilos????:)

Fastest: Draper by a mile.

Sledger: Armstrong...Ive seen him in action and he doesnt shut up.

ST ANDREWS to win the finals in Turf. But congrats to roosters for being conviencing this year. I think we have shown everyone that we are good enough. Anything can happen come finals!!!!!!!

I think this will be the closest finals serious in a while. All 4 sides can turn it on its just a matter of WHO!!!!

I think St Andrews have the FORM
Congs have the LIST
Rocsters have the HEART
Melton have HAYES

You forgot to mention the one thing that St Andies have in bucket loads - HUNGER - They have been at or near the bottom for the last 2 years and don't want to be there again!!!!

You forgot to mention the one thing that St Andies have in bucket loads - HUNGER - They have been at or near the bottom for the last 2 years and don't want to be there again!!!!

A.B De Villiers;329585 said:
Any damage to the wicket?

no damage to the wicket, the outfield has some water on it and some leaves and mud but will be ok, just lost 44,000 litres of water which was to be used for the wicket and the ground

A.B De Villiers;329585 said:
Any damage to the wicket?

no damage to the wicket, the outfield has some water on it and some leaves and mud but will be ok, just lost 44,000 litres of water which was to be used for the wicket and the ground

wait there;329766 said:

Any damage would just about be an improvement to that deck.

wait there;329766 said:

Any damage would just about be an improvement to that deck.

how can you comment on the bowlers you faced this year mv..you havent been out in the middle long enough to make an informed decision on good bowling all year.

i love hearing comments on what people think of bowlers, batters, etc.. but please..at least have some idea of the topic mv.:confused:

well done to haye's and hullet..would have been good to see..but i would just like to ask..with having two altona sides in, it really unbalances the comp. the bye for starters, with it being so close between three sides for the last spot on the ladder, the 2nd bye made it easier for one side to remain in the four without having to do anything to earn it, and second..its obvious that roosters 2 is not up to this standard..so sides playing them in two dayers are more favoured than those that got to play them in one dayers.

im not trying to dish on the roosters boys by saying this, but was just interested in some thoughtful comments

how can you comment on the bowlers you faced this year mv..you havent been out in the middle long enough to make an informed decision on good bowling all year.

i love hearing comments on what people think of bowlers, batters, etc.. but please..at least have some idea of the topic mv.:confused:

well done to haye's and hullet..would have been good to see..but i would just like to ask..with having two altona sides in, it really unbalances the comp. the bye for starters, with it being so close between three sides for the last spot on the ladder, the 2nd bye made it easier for one side to remain in the four without having to do anything to earn it, and second..its obvious that roosters 2 is not up to this standard..so sides playing them in two dayers are more favoured than those that got to play them in one dayers.

im not trying to dish on the roosters boys by saying this, but was just interested in some thoughtful comments

its just not cricket;330232 said:

Everyone said at the start of the season roosters should not have 2 teams in turf except the roosters and the association they are now just an embarassment to the roosters and the association. because of the bye they caused, they have now secured the congs a place in the finals after they have been pretty ordinary all season

Everyone said at the start of the season roosters should not have 2 teams in turf except the roosters and the association they are now just an embarassment to the roosters and the association. because of the bye they caused, they have now secured the congs a place in the finals after they have been pretty ordinary all season

if you look at some of mv's earlier posts, you would think that he is in love with daniel temby.......

if you look at some of mv's earlier posts, you would think that he is in love with daniel temby.......

Well the Home and Away Season is over and it is now down to an exciting finals series. Looking back on the weekend, it all seemed to go to plan.

St Andrews had a convincing 90 run win against Kingy Bapts and have gone through the season undefeated. Chris Armstrong was the main destroyer for them on the weekend. This shows they have a well balanced attack with multiple contributors. For Kingy its a dissapointing end to an ordinary year.

St Johns did the business easily against Caroline Springs. Once again it was the usual few who made the runs for St Johns and as for Caroline Springs once again they had only 3 contributors for the game. St Johns will obviously be dissapointed that they wont be able to defend their flag in the finals.

Melton Centrals were able to win easy after posting 496 on the first day. Centrals will go into next weeks final with lots of confidence. As for Roosters #2 it been a very bad finish to the year with 2 thumpings. I think they will find it a bit easier next year in the A Matts.

The bigest upset of the Round was Roosters #1 loosing to Burnside. Though they haven't made the finals, Burnside's season has been very good coming up from A Matts and finishing the season in 5th spot. Their main bowlers in Vaughan, Chafer and Keily were the main destroyers. Its a pitty they couldn't get Keily to play all year. As for the Rooster #1 they have a few problems for heading in to the finals. They have been convincingly beaten in their last 2 games and it's time for a few of their players to stand up. I may sound harsh in naming names but its time for batman such as Smith (118runs at 16.9avg), Breraton (137runs at 15.2avg), Gannaway (119runs at 14.9avg), Pham (86runs at 9.6avg), Lewis (106runs at 15.1avg) and McCarthy (82runs at 11.7avg) to all stand up and not let Robinson and Pup have to carry the load week in week out. Well done on making the finals and it has been a big improvement on last seasons win loss record, but your current form is pretty poor going into the finals.

Good luck to all finals sides next week and for those who didn't make get down and watch some exciting cricket being played.

Well the Home and Away Season is over and it is now down to an exciting finals series. Looking back on the weekend, it all seemed to go to plan.

St Andrews had a convincing 90 run win against Kingy Bapts and have gone through the season undefeated. Chris Armstrong was the main destroyer for them on the weekend. This shows they have a well balanced attack with multiple contributors. For Kingy its a dissapointing end to an ordinary year.

St Johns did the business easily against Caroline Springs. Once again it was the usual few who made the runs for St Johns and as for Caroline Springs once again they had only 3 contributors for the game. St Johns will obviously be dissapointed that they wont be able to defend their flag in the finals.

Melton Centrals were able to win easy after posting 496 on the first day. Centrals will go into next weeks final with lots of confidence. As for Roosters #2 it been a very bad finish to the year with 2 thumpings. I think they will find it a bit easier next year in the A Matts.

The bigest upset of the Round was Roosters #1 loosing to Burnside. Though they haven't made the finals, Burnside's season has been very good coming up from A Matts and finishing the season in 5th spot. Their main bowlers in Vaughan, Chafer and Keily were the main destroyers. Its a pitty they couldn't get Keily to play all year. As for the Rooster #1 they have a few problems for heading in to the finals. They have been convincingly beaten in their last 2 games and it's time for a few of their players to stand up. I may sound harsh in naming names but its time for batman such as Smith (118runs at 16.9avg), Breraton (137runs at 15.2avg), Gannaway (119runs at 14.9avg), Pham (86runs at 9.6avg), Lewis (106runs at 15.1avg) and McCarthy (82runs at 11.7avg) to all stand up and not let Robinson and Pup have to carry the load week in week out. Well done on making the finals and it has been a big improvement on last seasons win loss record, but your current form is pretty poor going into the finals.

Good luck to all finals sides next week and for those who didn't make get down and watch some exciting cricket being played.

The Big Final was played yesterday in the rooms of the SAINTERS. The Shearson boys (Ryan "Ryno C**ty" Shearson- 1st, Brandon "Baz C**ta" Shearson - 2nd) took the quinella with Andrew "Deck Chair" Hodgart coming in 3rd. A specail mention goes to young Kane "The calling Station" who had a massive chip lead but faultered when it counted most. It was a great event and the organiser desrves a special mention for doing such a great job all season. Well done Woggy, well done. :) :) :) :)

The Big Final was played yesterday in the rooms of the SAINTERS. The Shearson boys (Ryan "Ryno C**ty" Shearson- 1st, Brandon "Baz C**ta" Shearson - 2nd) took the quinella with Andrew "Deck Chair" Hodgart coming in 3rd. A specail mention goes to young Kane "The calling Station" who had a massive chip lead but faultered when it counted most. It was a great event and the organiser desrves a special mention for doing such a great job all season. Well done Woggy, well done. :) :) :) :)

congrats to all the sides that made finals this year.hope you all go well.

well i finally played my last game on saturday, yes , no longer will you have to put up with my big mouth or stare. i just want to say thanks to all the guys ive played against over the last four years in this association, no doubt i had run in's with quite a few of you on the field, but as far as i was concerned thats where it was left. i hope i played hard but fair cricket, and i have alot of great memories to look back on.

daniel, jake, haye's, happy, and all the boys from the 2 carnival sides i played in, thank you it really was a blast, and there was never a prouder moment for me than when i received my baggy green alongside daniel and happy, two great players, but also great blokes.

to mv and the commitee of caroline springs,you reap what you sow dont you..not a win for the year..well done..im not directing this at the players, but i am glad that you bunch of back stabbing two faced dirty underhanded piss poor excuse for human beings on the commitee got what you deserved.
and mv..congrats..you got the opening bowlers spot..not because you deserved it..but because you stabbed 3 team mates in the back. you played with us, drank with us for four years, even got me and a mate to try and help fix ya car when it broke down on the side of the road, and you learnt nothing about loyalty or mateship, your a disgrace. and im posting this so every one knows what a low life you are

to the players of cscc, burnside springs cc is growing and getting stronger,feel free to come down for our pre-season, you wont be treated like children, and you will have a ball.

finally to the roosters boys on saturday, even though there was alot of spite during the game, most of you boys took the time to let me lead both sides off the ground with a round of applause , thank you very much. it meant alot

well i finally played my last game on saturday, yes , no longer will you have to put up with my big mouth or stare. i just want to say thanks to all the guys ive played against over the last four years in this association, no doubt i had run in's with quite a few of you on the field, but as far as i was concerned thats where it was left. i hope i played hard but fair cricket, and i have alot of great memories to look back on.

daniel, jake, haye's, happy, and all the boys from the 2 carnival sides i played in, thank you it really was a blast, and there was never a prouder moment for me than when i received my baggy green alongside daniel and happy, two great players, but also great blokes.

to mv and the commitee of caroline springs,you reap what you sow dont you..not a win for the year..well done..im not directing this at the players, but i am glad that you bunch of back stabbing two faced dirty underhanded piss poor excuse for human beings on the commitee got what you deserved.
and mv..congrats..you got the opening bowlers spot..not because you deserved it..but because you stabbed 3 team mates in the back. you played with us, drank with us for four years, even got me and a mate to try and help fix ya car when it broke down on the side of the road, and you learnt nothing about loyalty or mateship, your a disgrace. and im posting this so every one knows what a low life you are

to the players of cscc, burnside springs cc is growing and getting stronger,feel free to come down for our pre-season, you wont be treated like children, and you will have a ball.

finally to the roosters boys on saturday, even though there was alot of spite during the game, most of you boys took the time to let me lead both sides off the ground with a round of applause , thank you very much. it meant alot

its just not cricket;331071 said:

Well done Chafer. I enjoyed watching you bowl over the past few years. I bet the boys from Melton South Soft Cock Cricket Club will be glad to see the end of you. Hope you enjoy your retirement and good to see there are no hard feelings between you and your former club.

P.S. Maybe you can take up umpiring now.

its just not cricket;331071 said:

Well done Chafer. I enjoyed watching you bowl over the past few years. I bet the boys from Melton South Soft Cock Cricket Club will be glad to see the end of you. Hope you enjoy your retirement and good to see there are no hard feelings between you and your former club.

P.S. Maybe you can take up umpiring now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back