Tips
Turf - St Andrews, Caroline Springs, Melt Cent, Burnside

A Grade - Melton Sth, Rockbank, W'town Congs

B Grade - Melt Cent, Werribee Cent, Melton Sth, St Johns, Burnside

C Grade - Melton Sth, Rockbank, Werribee Cent, Altona Sports

D Grade - Melton Cent, Albion, Werribee Cent, Altona

E Grade - W'town Congs, F/scray ANA, Hoppers

Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

G'day Folkes. Thought you may be interested in knowing who is umpiring your games this round.

Barradell, Ken - Turf Grade: Melton Centrals Cricket Club Inc v Altona Roosters #2

Choat, Ron - Turf Grade: Caroline Springs v St. Johns

D'Lazarus, Eugene - B Grade: Kingsville Baptists v Werribee Centrals

Forbes, David - Turf Grade: Altona Roosters (1) v Burnside Springs CC

Gook, Geoff - Turf Grade: Kingsville Baptists v St Andrews

Gray, Laurie - C Grade: Williamstown Congs v Werribee Centrals

Krygger, Adam - A Grade: Williamstown Congs v Victoria University

Kusznir, Michael - B Grade: St Andrews v Burnside Springs CC

McKenzie, Paul - B Grade: St. Johns v Melton

Turner, Ron - B Grade: Altona Sports v Melton Centrals Cricket Club

G'day Folkes. Thought you may be interested in knowing who is umpiring your games this round.

Barradell, Ken - Turf Grade: Melton Centrals Cricket Club Inc v Altona Roosters #2

Billy Bowden;326580 said:
Best Sledgers

1 M Armstrong (St Andrews)
2 C Armstrong (St Andrews)
3 M Rhodes (St Andrews)
4 R Schaefer (Burnside)
5 G Grist (Altona Roosters)

Billy Billy Billy i cant believe Gary Grist isnt number 1 on the list.
ur list is very StAndrew orientated ive played them if face melting stuff and hidding at no 7 constitutes sledging ill set up a picnic basket out the middle turn off the ipod and just chill out to the dulcset tones of the Armstrong brothers and side kick Rhodesy.:D
Does Schaefer sledge or just walk down and give u that silly look after he has bowled a nothing ball? Qite commical really, i get a laugh out of it at least.The man thinks he bowls serious heat LOL.
Billy have you forgoten Pots Nolton. :confused:
Gary & Pots are the only two boys i know that have copped weeks for there sledging.:rolleyes:
What about that Rat from Melton Centrals Joffa now there's a protected species.

The Roosters boys want to know who he had too Blow to get of his sledging charges... Hope it wasnt Claude.

5 Quicks your pushing it only Drapper is quick Vine is getting there . throw a blanket over the rest of them.
5 Spinners couldnt find one sorry all part time pretenders. Callas is the closest though. Murray just bowls tight.

Billy Bowden;326580 said:
Best Sledgers

1 M Armstrong (St Andrews)
2 C Armstrong (St Andrews)
3 M Rhodes (St Andrews)
4 R Schaefer (Burnside)
5 G Grist (Altona Roosters)

ur list is very StAndrew orientated ive played them if face melting stuff and hidding at no 7 constitutes sledging ill set up a picnic basket out the middle turn off the ipod and just chill out to the dulcset tones of the Armstrong brothers and side kick Rhodesy.:D
Does Schaefer sledge or just walk down and give u that silly look after he has bowled a nothing ball? Qite commical really, i get a laugh out of it at least.The man thinks he bowls serious heat LOL.
Gary & Pots are the only two boys i know that have copped weeks for there sledging.:rolleyes:

The Roosters boys want to know who he had too Blow to get of his sledging charges... Hope it wasnt Claude.

5 Quicks your pushing it only Drapper is quick Vine is getting there . throw a blanket over the rest of them.
5 Spinners couldnt find one sorry all part time pretenders. Callas is the closest though. Murray just bowls tight.

did u face the dootz Big Coq? if not u cannot comment on the spinners as he wasnt needed against ur mob. if ur team makes the finals, look out, The Dootz will be in town

did u face the dootz Big Coq? if not u cannot comment on the spinners as he wasnt needed against ur mob. if ur team makes the finals, look out, The Dootz will be in town

BigCoq;327399 said:

I wouldnt think you could laugh at anyone goin by your stats:eek::eek:

BigCoq;327399 said:

I wouldnt think you could laugh at anyone goin by your stats:eek::eek:

Billy Bowden;327372 said:

No Campbell???? By far and away the umpire of the century!!!!! How come he hasn't got a gig this week end?

Billy Bowden;327372 said:

No Campbell???? By far and away the umpire of the century!!!!! How come he hasn't got a gig this week end?

Whisper is the DOOTZ has been bowling at training and is ready to fire in the finals. He has been knocking over the best of them. AND KHOUNG BEVEN...

Whisper is the DOOTZ has been bowling at training and is ready to fire in the finals. He has been knocking over the best of them. AND KHOUNG BEVEN...

bouncer 7/56;327353 said:
Tips

Why Burnside when st andrews are 4th and they are last and have nothing to play for.

bouncer 7/56;327353 said:
Tips

Why Burnside when st andrews are 4th and they are last and have nothing to play for.

BigCoq;327399 said:

Just a quick question Jim, what is it exactly that makes Joffa a rat? A tad harsh you think? Or is that just written on a sour note?

BigCoq;327399 said:

Just a quick question Jim, what is it exactly that makes Joffa a rat? A tad harsh you think? Or is that just written on a sour note?

BigCoq;327399 said:

big coq..at least if i do sledge i do it your face..not on some forum..yeah i walk down and give you a stare after a "nothing ball"..why stare..well what is there to say..maybe because the nothing ball wasnt put away to the fence..does this make you a nothing batsmen for not being able to do that?? im nearly 41 years old mate..and carrying 10 kilo's more than i should..but if youll check the stats..ive been in the top two bowlers for the comp..all season..does this mean im the best bowler here..not at all, i know im not..but i have the stats on the board..do you??

lets turn the clock back 10 years mate..when i wasnt old and fat..then lets here ya talk..

BigCoq;327399 said:

big coq..at least if i do sledge i do it your face..not on some forum..yeah i walk down and give you a stare after a "nothing ball"..why stare..well what is there to say..maybe because the nothing ball wasnt put away to the fence..does this make you a nothing batsmen for not being able to do that?? im nearly 41 years old mate..and carrying 10 kilo's more than i should..but if youll check the stats..ive been in the top two bowlers for the comp..all season..does this mean im the best bowler here..not at all, i know im not..but i have the stats on the board..do you??

lets turn the clock back 10 years mate..when i wasnt old and fat..then lets here ya talk..

its just not cricket;327550 said:

You tell em Peter Garrett!!!

You tell em Peter Garrett!!!

Rob i think ur a good bloke many good chats but the stare and the heat dont match up thats all.
10 years ago i could play as well in our 40ties and having a go all good mate...

Hussy ur just like Peter Horan.

Joffa is a rat he gets in trouble and dobs every body in like a little girl instead of copping it on the chin.Blames every body else for his issues the man has no integrity,,,,,sell his grandma out shoking human. if i took a poll of the most hated man in the comp i reckon Joffa would be the front runner for sure......BIG GIRL!!!!!!!!! he cost you a granny & still coaching you guys.
you guys are the best team never to win it just like Collingwood and he has still got a gig didnt he put in for the yarraville job and got knocked back because he said he would coach and captain the firsts if true his ego knows no bounds........

Rob i think ur a good bloke many good chats but the stare and the heat dont match up thats all.
10 years ago i could play as well in our 40ties and having a go all good mate...

Joffa is a rat he gets in trouble and dobs every body in like a little girl instead of copping it on the chin.Blames every body else for his issues the man has no integrity,,,,,sell his grandma out shoking human. if i took a poll of the most hated man in the comp i reckon Joffa would be the front runner for sure......BIG GIRL!!!!!!!!! he cost you a granny & still coaching you guys.
you guys are the best team never to win it just like Collingwood and he has still got a gig didnt he put in for the yarraville job and got knocked back because he said he would coach and captain the firsts if true his ego knows no bounds........

you guys are the best team never to win it just like Collingwood and he has still got a gig didnt he put in for the yarraville job and got knocked back because he said he would coach and captain the firsts if true his ego knows no bounds........[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more Jim. I also heard that he is leaving Centrals and going into some sort of coaching role at Nth Melb next season where jeff junior plays:eek:

What happend yesterday?? 496 runs:eek: Did you have a full team????

you guys are the best team never to win it just like Collingwood and he has still got a gig didnt he put in for the yarraville job and got knocked back because he said he would coach and captain the firsts if true his ego knows no bounds........[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree with you more Jim. I also heard that he is leaving Centrals and going into some sort of coaching role at Nth Melb next season where jeff junior plays:eek:

What happend yesterday?? 496 runs:eek: Did you have a full team????

BigCoq;327727 said:

If ya want to bag me champ at least get it right:eek:.............Dont u mean Peter Hoare????????????

BigCoq;327727 said:

If ya want to bag me champ at least get it right:eek:.............Dont u mean Peter Hoare????????????

BigCoq;327727 said:

no probs then big coq..so were just too old bulls butting heads, trying to show the youngsters we still got it!!..later mate

BigCoq;327727 said:

no probs then big coq..so were just too old bulls butting heads, trying to show the youngsters we still got it!!..later mate

Well there were definatly some surprising performances this weekend.

St Andrews put in another top batting performance against Kingy Bapts on a very ordinary pitch at Angliss Reserve. Balls on a length you would go forward to were popping up and hitting blokes in the face. Can't see Kingy making those runs and therefore St Andrews to go through the season undefeated.

St Johns look like winners in their game against Caroline Springs. In the end they have to many match winners compared to Caroline Springs and should finish the season on a high.

Melton Centrals look like they had a field day against Roosters #2. Well Batted Matthew Hayes and Adam Hulett. As for Rooster #2 it is the second game in a row they have put in an absolute shocker. Think its time to be realistic guys and go back down to the A Matts next season. We cant have teams getting beaten convincingly week in week out.

The best game of the round looks to be between Burnside and Altona Roosters #1. Burnside batted well making 254 with a great captains knock from Spiteri. The Burnside side is one of their strongest sides they have had all year with the inclusion of Harvey and Keiley in the side. I think they will beat the Roosters as they have a good bowling attack and can finish the season on a good note. Roosters #1 bowling seems to be a worry for mine at the moment. There seems to be a lack of penetration and depth in the attack at the moment. Definately missing Ash Lewis.

Good luck to everyone next week.

Well there were definatly some surprising performances this weekend.

St Andrews put in another top batting performance against Kingy Bapts on a very ordinary pitch at Angliss Reserve. Balls on a length you would go forward to were popping up and hitting blokes in the face. Can't see Kingy making those runs and therefore St Andrews to go through the season undefeated.

St Johns look like winners in their game against Caroline Springs. In the end they have to many match winners compared to Caroline Springs and should finish the season on a high.

Melton Centrals look like they had a field day against Roosters #2. Well Batted Matthew Hayes and Adam Hulett. As for Rooster #2 it is the second game in a row they have put in an absolute shocker. Think its time to be realistic guys and go back down to the A Matts next season. We cant have teams getting beaten convincingly week in week out.

The best game of the round looks to be between Burnside and Altona Roosters #1. Burnside batted well making 254 with a great captains knock from Spiteri. The Burnside side is one of their strongest sides they have had all year with the inclusion of Harvey and Keiley in the side. I think they will beat the Roosters as they have a good bowling attack and can finish the season on a good note. Roosters #1 bowling seems to be a worry for mine at the moment. There seems to be a lack of penetration and depth in the attack at the moment. Definately missing Ash Lewis.

Good luck to everyone next week.

1st congrates to hayes and adam, said earlier this season, they were by far the best opening combination in our comp and they had a day out. 496! as great as its been for developemnt of players pushing up, im with you billy, gota change next year with our 2nd team dropping

burnside batted very well, lead by spitteri (very immpressive) and bedse did ok too, they posted nice total. always value for your shots at altona green, if our boys get themselves in next week, hopeforly can sit back and enjoy a good run chase- should be close.

im hearing you on missing ash lewis, he'd walk into any bowling attack in our comp. but plenty of optoins for us- dont forget our top 4 wicket takers have 82 wickets between us, think we are going OK. must bowl well and take our chances come finals to be in the game, but still got half a game to finsh off 1st.

congrates to murray aswell for taking the lead in wickets agg, 4 wickets clear off chafer i think, hes always a chance to get close though.

1st congrates to hayes and adam, said earlier this season, they were by far the best opening combination in our comp and they had a day out. 496! as great as its been for developemnt of players pushing up, im with you billy, gota change next year with our 2nd team dropping

burnside batted very well, lead by spitteri (very immpressive) and bedse did ok too, they posted nice total. always value for your shots at altona green, if our boys get themselves in next week, hopeforly can sit back and enjoy a good run chase- should be close.

im hearing you on missing ash lewis, he'd walk into any bowling attack in our comp. but plenty of optoins for us- dont forget our top 4 wicket takers have 82 wickets between us, think we are going OK. must bowl well and take our chances come finals to be in the game, but still got half a game to finsh off 1st.

congrates to murray aswell for taking the lead in wickets agg, 4 wickets clear off chafer i think, hes always a chance to get close though.

Pots;328123 said:

Sorry the Melton boys are a good combo but dont write off our boys at the sainters, Armo and simon have been consistent all year.

Pots;328123 said:

Sorry the Melton boys are a good combo but dont write off our boys at the sainters, Armo and simon have been consistent all year.

good to see altona roosters 2 took the juniors approach in trying to stop hayes and the rest of melton centrals..... all 11 players got a bowl. it must be all those young kids playing getting a go. (g.grist 40yo, s.grist 50+, c.smith 40, p.thomas 40+, r.c.brereton 55+, c.alexopoulos 40+, g.morris 40+) its real good of your club to insist on having 2 turf side to develop these youngsters that i've named for the future of your club. while i'm having a go at the roosters.... i noticed the 1st teams bowling and thought it was strange how the captain bowled so many overs??? dine: 24 overs, 4 for 114. not the best figures. when the other opener, nolton, only bowled 8 overs, 4 maidens, 1 for 15. can someone pls xplain??? i did notice that baskharon's figures look quite nice, 20 overs, 5 for 58... also i see your club coach (c.smith) was playing in the 2s this game. has there been a falling out or has he been dropped on form? he has been your keeper all season, so i find it strange why he would be playing 2s last game b4 finals??? not real sure where you guys are heading in the future? p.s. i hear the club is already looking for a new coach for next year. must make the current one feel wanted around the rooms.

good to see altona roosters 2 took the juniors approach in trying to stop hayes and the rest of melton centrals..... all 11 players got a bowl. it must be all those young kids playing getting a go. (g.grist 40yo, s.grist 50+, c.smith 40, p.thomas 40+, r.c.brereton 55+, c.alexopoulos 40+, g.morris 40+) its real good of your club to insist on having 2 turf side to develop these youngsters that i've named for the future of your club. while i'm having a go at the roosters.... i noticed the 1st teams bowling and thought it was strange how the captain bowled so many overs??? dine: 24 overs, 4 for 114. not the best figures. when the other opener, nolton, only bowled 8 overs, 4 maidens, 1 for 15. can someone pls xplain??? i did notice that baskharon's figures look quite nice, 20 overs, 5 for 58... also i see your club coach (c.smith) was playing in the 2s this game. has there been a falling out or has he been dropped on form? he has been your keeper all season, so i find it strange why he would be playing 2s last game b4 finals??? not real sure where you guys are heading in the future? p.s. i hear the club is already looking for a new coach for next year. must make the current one feel wanted around the rooms.

thanks fine legs I think I bowled pretty well it was great for diney to give me a good long spell of 20 overs I still have some improving to do I've only bowled leggies for 2 seasons now. Diney bowled well after his first spell went for 60 of 9 overs, he was really unlucky everytime he was gona take home self off he got a wicket, but it's his first year as captain and his done a fantastic job. Chris smith played in twos because he didn't play the week before because of an on going illness that's all no falling out at all. Good run chase for us leading into finals hopefully myself and the top order can get the job done. Also well done melton and I do agree that our magoos should be on matting, really hurt because of lost players, anyway talk soon blokes

thanks fine legs I think I bowled pretty well it was great for diney to give me a good long spell of 20 overs I still have some improving to do I've only bowled leggies for 2 seasons now. Diney bowled well after his first spell went for 60 of 9 overs, he was really unlucky everytime he was gona take home self off he got a wicket, but it's his first year as captain and his done a fantastic job. Chris smith played in twos because he didn't play the week before because of an on going illness that's all no falling out at all. Good run chase for us leading into finals hopefully myself and the top order can get the job done. Also well done melton and I do agree that our magoos should be on matting, really hurt because of lost players, anyway talk soon blokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back