Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Shaved_Plums;326120 said:
I'm tipping the one they call Killer will have his gear off before the "ladies"!!!

Has killer been given a clearance from the Darl for Saturay Night ????

Shaved_Plums;326120 said:
I'm tipping the one they call Killer will have his gear off before the "ladies"!!!

Has killer been given a clearance from the Darl for Saturay Night ????

G'day All

Love to know out their what everybodies Top Five Quickest Bowlers in the Comp Are? Here are mine guys

Quickest 1 - J Drapper (St Andrews)
2 - R Khwaja (Kingy Bapts)
3 - M Murphy (Melton Centrals)
4 - H Uppal (Willy Congs)
5 - M Vine (Caroline Springs)

G'day All

Love to know out their what everybodies Top Five Quickest Bowlers in the Comp Are? Here are mine guys

Billy Bowden;326188 said:
G'day All

John Callaghan

G'day All

John Callaghan

Sevens Comp and Finals

Hi guys,

On behalf of St Johns I would like to thank everyone that participated on Sunday in our sevens competition. A great day was had by all I think and the games were generally played in good spirit. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and was lucky enough to see some of the biggest sixes I've ever seen hit at the Gray. One day I hope to be able to carry the boundary (think I need a bit of time in the gym first!).

Good luck to all in the finals. I think this year the GF will be played between St Andrews and Melton Centrals. Their opposition will need to bring their A-Game to have a chance but as in all finals cricket everyone is a chance. To go out on a limb I think that Melton could win but they'll need a big day from their bowlers. Their batting depth isn't too bad at all. Haysey is the key to Melton in the batting and if he can stay there they would get a good total in my opinion.

From a St Johns perspective it is a hard pill to swallow not playing in finals this year as fortunately over the years that the turf comp has been going we have been able to participate most years. Our boys are disappointed, but also realistic; we weren't up to scratch this year and losing some decent bats from the club has hurt us. Hopefully next year we can rejoin the fray and give it a good shake again, but we will need to improve greatly from top to bottom in the list.

I wish everyone the best over the next coming weeks and look forward to watching some great WSUCCA cricket (unfortunately from the sidelines).

Cheers

Tayls

Sevens Comp and Finals

Hi guys,

On behalf of St Johns I would like to thank everyone that participated on Sunday in our sevens competition. A great day was had by all I think and the games were generally played in good spirit. I thoroughly enjoyed the day and was lucky enough to see some of the biggest sixes I've ever seen hit at the Gray. One day I hope to be able to carry the boundary (think I need a bit of time in the gym first!).

Good luck to all in the finals. I think this year the GF will be played between St Andrews and Melton Centrals. Their opposition will need to bring their A-Game to have a chance but as in all finals cricket everyone is a chance. To go out on a limb I think that Melton could win but they'll need a big day from their bowlers. Their batting depth isn't too bad at all. Haysey is the key to Melton in the batting and if he can stay there they would get a good total in my opinion.

From a St Johns perspective it is a hard pill to swallow not playing in finals this year as fortunately over the years that the turf comp has been going we have been able to participate most years. Our boys are disappointed, but also realistic; we weren't up to scratch this year and losing some decent bats from the club has hurt us. Hopefully next year we can rejoin the fray and give it a good shake again, but we will need to improve greatly from top to bottom in the list.

I wish everyone the best over the next coming weeks and look forward to watching some great WSUCCA cricket (unfortunately from the sidelines).

Cheers

Tayls

Re: Sevens Comp and Finals

tayls;326493 said:
Hi guys,

Cheers

Tayls

Daniel Temby improve??
Mate he has carried you blokes for a long time, maybe its time the other so called cricketers in that side give him and Dave a chop out!
That includes his brother who has lived in Daniels shadow for far to long :cool:

tayls;326493 said:
Hi guys,

Cheers

Tayls

Daniel Temby improve??
Mate he has carried you blokes for a long time, maybe its time the other so called cricketers in that side give him and Dave a chop out!
That includes his brother who has lived in Daniels shadow for far to long :cool:

Stump Cam;326496 said:
Daniel Temby improve??

Stump Cam

Let me first say I have know affiliation with St Johns, but I think its a bit harsh to have a crack at the other players. Yes The Temby's have had to carry the side mostly this year, but this is not the fault of the other players. St Johns have lost a few good players over the past 2 years and this year their player depth was tested and they were not good enough. Each game they have had approxametly 4 players who are not upto Turf Grade Level but they have had a crack and were just not good enough. St Johns themeselves will be the first to admit that.

As for Jake Temby, I disagree that he is living in Daniels Shadow as he is a totally different player. His form upto christmas was below his best, but he has put in some very good team contributing performances after christmas.

I am sure there are clubs in your Willy Comp that get carried by the better players in the side. It is not because the players aren't trying, it's because their not as talented.

Stump Cam;326496 said:
Daniel Temby improve??

Stump Cam

Let me first say I have know affiliation with St Johns, but I think its a bit harsh to have a crack at the other players. Yes The Temby's have had to carry the side mostly this year, but this is not the fault of the other players. St Johns have lost a few good players over the past 2 years and this year their player depth was tested and they were not good enough. Each game they have had approxametly 4 players who are not upto Turf Grade Level but they have had a crack and were just not good enough. St Johns themeselves will be the first to admit that.

As for Jake Temby, I disagree that he is living in Daniels Shadow as he is a totally different player. His form upto christmas was below his best, but he has put in some very good team contributing performances after christmas.

I am sure there are clubs in your Willy Comp that get carried by the better players in the side. It is not because the players aren't trying, it's because their not as talented.

Stump Cam;326496 said:
Daniel Temby improve??

Stump Cam,

Daniel is always a great performer but at times this year he has struggled with his form, Jake has at times played well and other times he has not, and being that I am good mates with both the blokes I know they would be the first to admit that. Dave has also been consistent and you're right he does need some support, which is the point that I am trying to make. We have not had more than 7 blokes play consistently every game this year which makes it incredibly difficult to keep our performance at a consistently good level. Yes there are cricketers in the side that may not be up to standard this year but I think that can be turned around; everyone can improve on something which adds to team performances. Thanks for the feedback

Stump Cam;326496 said:
Daniel Temby improve??

Stump Cam,

Daniel is always a great performer but at times this year he has struggled with his form, Jake has at times played well and other times he has not, and being that I am good mates with both the blokes I know they would be the first to admit that. Dave has also been consistent and you're right he does need some support, which is the point that I am trying to make. We have not had more than 7 blokes play consistently every game this year which makes it incredibly difficult to keep our performance at a consistently good level. Yes there are cricketers in the side that may not be up to standard this year but I think that can be turned around; everyone can improve on something which adds to team performances. Thanks for the feedback

Billy Bowden;326508 said:
Stump Cam

I know Dave from the Willy comp and keep an eye on how he and St. John's go.
I was refering to a comment made by Tayls saying that the team from top to bottom needed to improve greatly, I disagree with this comment.

My opinion about Jake will not change, he can be a good cricket player but I just haven't seen any real evidence to say he will.
Jake is a good player in an average side, he would not be picked in most A turf sides in my comp, where as Daniel would just about walk into any.

Is that fair enough to say?

Billy Bowden;326508 said:
Stump Cam

I know Dave from the Willy comp and keep an eye on how he and St. John's go.
I was refering to a comment made by Tayls saying that the team from top to bottom needed to improve greatly, I disagree with this comment.

My opinion about Jake will not change, he can be a good cricket player but I just haven't seen any real evidence to say he will.
Jake is a good player in an average side, he would not be picked in most A turf sides in my comp, where as Daniel would just about walk into any.

tayls;326514 said:
Stump Cam,

No malice in my comments just an observation from the outside thats all.
They may play different roles on a Saturday.... I don't know, I'm only going by the results from the internet.

I have also heard a rumor your club is struggling to stay a float?
What is happening, will this damage your comp as I know you struggled to get teams in the turf grade this year?:(

tayls;326514 said:
Stump Cam,

They may play different roles on a Saturday.... I don't know, I'm only going by the results from the internet.

What is happening, will this damage your comp as I know you struggled to get teams in the turf grade this year?:(

stump cam;326519 said:
jake is a good player in an average side, he would not be picked in most a turf sides in my comp, where as daniel would just about walk into any.

willy comp is absolute poo !!!

stump cam;326519 said:
jake is a good player in an average side, he would not be picked in most a turf sides in my comp, where as daniel would just about walk into any.

willy comp is absolute poo !!!

Stump Cam;326522 said:

Our Turf comp went from a 6 team Turf comp in Season 2007/2008 to a 9 team comp this year. Don't know where you get struggliing for teams from that.

Stump Cam;326522 said:

Our Turf comp went from a 6 team Turf comp in Season 2007/2008 to a 9 team comp this year. Don't know where you get struggliing for teams from that.

Billy Bowden;326532 said:

Was it the year before that?

Sorry my mistake!

Billy Bowden;326532 said:

Was it the year before that?

Sorry my mistake!

Stump Cam;326528 said:
How about you come across and play a game in the A turf and see how you go?
:cool:

No seriously, it really is poo !!!

Mod edit: I'll let this one stand but in future refrain from this type of post, even if it's in jest. Justify why it's 'poo' and all will be fine.

Stump Cam;326528 said:
How about you come across and play a game in the A turf and see how you go?
:cool:

No seriously, it really is poo !!!

Mod edit: I'll let this one stand but in future refrain from this type of post, even if it's in jest. Justify why it's 'poo' and all will be fine.

G'day All

1. Draper by miles
2. M.Vine
3. The rest are bout the same.

G'day All

1. Draper by miles
2. M.Vine
3. The rest are bout the same.

tayls;326493 said:
Hi guys,

Cheers

Tayls

We have always enjoyed the sevens comp, great day of laughs and quite a few sore bodies and heads the next day. Well done to the St Johns boys once again for putting on a good show. The opening bat for footscray who played for willi sure can hit a ball hard, right up there with the big Milko from ANA. The ballarat boys did well to make the finals consdering they didnt stop drinking from early morning hrs till the end.

tayls;326493 said:
Hi guys,

Cheers

Tayls

We have always enjoyed the sevens comp, great day of laughs and quite a few sore bodies and heads the next day. Well done to the St Johns boys once again for putting on a good show. The opening bat for footscray who played for willi sure can hit a ball hard, right up there with the big Milko from ANA. The ballarat boys did well to make the finals consdering they didnt stop drinking from early morning hrs till the end.

G'day All

what about the best spin bowler on turf?
best i've seen

1 - the dootz
2 - guy from burnside accidentally bowling outswinger instead of off spin
3 - mooney (lmao)

any1 else's thoughts?

G'day All

what about the best spin bowler on turf?
best i've seen

1 - the dootz
2 - guy from burnside accidentally bowling outswinger instead of off spin
3 - mooney (lmao)

any1 else's thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back