Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Now, let's be serious about this best spinner, dootz has bowled what 3 overs? Granted you blokes haven't needed him. Two best spinners would have to be callus from willy and murray from st. Johns.

Other thoughts?

Now, let's be serious about this best spinner, dootz has bowled what 3 overs? Granted you blokes haven't needed him. Two best spinners would have to be callus from willy and murray from st. Johns.

Other thoughts?

A.B De Villiers;326573 said:

Other thoughts?

Who are the 5 top talkers/sledgers in your comp?

Other thoughts?

Stump Cam;326577 said:

Best Sledgers

1 M Armstrong (St Andrews)
2 C Armstrong (St Andrews)
3 M Rhodes (St Andrews)
4 R Schaefer (Burnside)
5 G Grist (Altona Roosters)

Stump Cam;326577 said:

Best Sledgers

1 M Armstrong (St Andrews)
2 C Armstrong (St Andrews)
3 M Rhodes (St Andrews)
4 R Schaefer (Burnside)
5 G Grist (Altona Roosters)

Other thoughts?

but what great 3 overs they were, had the batsmen bamboozled. He resorted to telling the batsmen where it was going to pitch and what it was going to do to help them out. I heard Callus cant bowl as he did his hamstring and Murray is too much of a typer to be the best. Just a shame the dootz isnt needed more

And as for sledging, we dont really sledge, just have a good time in the field, cracking jokes and stuff

Other thoughts?

but what great 3 overs they were, had the batsmen bamboozled. He resorted to telling the batsmen where it was going to pitch and what it was going to do to help them out. I heard Callus cant bowl as he did his hamstring and Murray is too much of a typer to be the best. Just a shame the dootz isnt needed more

And as for sledging, we dont really sledge, just have a good time in the field, cracking jokes and stuff

stumpy;326611 said:
By far the best spinner, sledger and allround athlete in the comp..

" THE DOOTZ"

The Dootz has also won Personality of the year, absolute champion bloke for all those who know him.

stumpy;326611 said:
By far the best spinner, sledger and allround athlete in the comp..

" THE DOOTZ"

The Dootz has also won Personality of the year, absolute champion bloke for all those who know him.

Hey Guys,
This saturday night starting at 7, Melton Centrals have got a last man standing function on at the clubrooms (northcott st) to raise money for junior cricket clubs that have been affected by the fires.
I think Ads spoke to a couple of the roosters boys about it. Anyways, $20 gets you a feed and free beer/wine. Spirits $2 a pop. Always makes for a great night.
Anyone interested, get onto Melton Centrals Cricket Club for contact numbers etc.

Cheers

Hey Guys,
This saturday night starting at 7, Melton Centrals have got a last man standing function on at the clubrooms (northcott st) to raise money for junior cricket clubs that have been affected by the fires.
I think Ads spoke to a couple of the roosters boys about it. Anyways, $20 gets you a feed and free beer/wine. Spirits $2 a pop. Always makes for a great night.
Anyone interested, get onto Melton Centrals Cricket Club for contact numbers etc.

Cheers

Re: Sevens Comp and Finals

Stump Cam;326522 said:
No malice in my comments just an observation from the outside thats all.
They may play different roles on a Saturday.... I don't know, I'm only going by the results from the internet.

I have also heard a rumor your club is struggling to stay a float?
What is happening, will this damage your comp as I know you struggled to get teams in the turf grade this year?:(

Stump Cam,

We need to get some more blokes into the rooms otherwise (and I could be wrong here) we will struggle as the seconds is made up of champions who are in their 50's and probably are not far off from retiring from cricket (some for a second and last time). We don't have juniors so there is no natural progression. Such a shame because we have been strong with numbers over the last few years; we can only hope that some players come back or we find some players through advertising and word of mouth. All I know is that I would be absolutely gutted if St Johns disappeared as it is a great club with a fantastic history and culture (in my opinion). I have my fingers crossed and I'm trying to do everything I can to get blokes to come down. Let's hope it never happens!

Stump Cam;326522 said:
No malice in my comments just an observation from the outside thats all.
They may play different roles on a Saturday.... I don't know, I'm only going by the results from the internet.

I have also heard a rumor your club is struggling to stay a float?
What is happening, will this damage your comp as I know you struggled to get teams in the turf grade this year?:(

Stump Cam,

We need to get some more blokes into the rooms otherwise (and I could be wrong here) we will struggle as the seconds is made up of champions who are in their 50's and probably are not far off from retiring from cricket (some for a second and last time). We don't have juniors so there is no natural progression. Such a shame because we have been strong with numbers over the last few years; we can only hope that some players come back or we find some players through advertising and word of mouth. All I know is that I would be absolutely gutted if St Johns disappeared as it is a great club with a fantastic history and culture (in my opinion). I have my fingers crossed and I'm trying to do everything I can to get blokes to come down. Let's hope it never happens!

WDCAcricketer;326559 said:
We have always enjoyed the sevens comp, great day of laughs and quite a few sore bodies and heads the next day. Well done to the St Johns boys once again for putting on a good show. The opening bat for footscray who played for willi sure can hit a ball hard, right up there with the big Milko from ANA. The ballarat boys did well to make the finals consdering they didnt stop drinking from early morning hrs till the end.

Thanks W, great to get some feedback.
Dean Russ (bloke that played with Willi) certainly can hit a ball hard. Must've made 300 not out for the day. Not a bad effort. Ballarat blokes played and drank hard and it was a good effort for them to get through, especially two blokes short.
Look forward to seeing you there next year and hope Saturday goes well for you.

WDCAcricketer;326559 said:
We have always enjoyed the sevens comp, great day of laughs and quite a few sore bodies and heads the next day. Well done to the St Johns boys once again for putting on a good show. The opening bat for footscray who played for willi sure can hit a ball hard, right up there with the big Milko from ANA. The ballarat boys did well to make the finals consdering they didnt stop drinking from early morning hrs till the end.

Thanks W, great to get some feedback.
Dean Russ (bloke that played with Willi) certainly can hit a ball hard. Must've made 300 not out for the day. Not a bad effort. Ballarat blokes played and drank hard and it was a good effort for them to get through, especially two blokes short.
Look forward to seeing you there next year and hope Saturday goes well for you.

Me a spinner thanks guys yes im very slow average bowler who enjoyed to bowl this season first time in 6 years i think i done ok considering i dont really have a run up or clue how swing it just get vibe go for it ill take it lol thanks st andrews man best spinner going by wickets is trent murray always getting wickets what can i say i feel i play him real well mick callus would be up their i guess or guy pots notlan from roosters 1 goes all right as spinner i herd

Me a spinner thanks guys yes im very slow average bowler who enjoyed to bowl this season first time in 6 years i think i done ok considering i dont really have a run up or clue how swing it just get vibe go for it ill take it lol thanks st andrews man best spinner going by wickets is trent murray always getting wickets what can i say i feel i play him real well mick callus would be up their i guess or guy pots notlan from roosters 1 goes all right as spinner i herd

Nathan;326764 said:

and bak then u werent much of a bowler either, i use to get a bowl before you in juniors :p callus bowls too many wrong'uns. Trent is alrite except his wrong'un u can tell from his hand

i heard after the day that it was deano that was hitting us all round the park. Played rep cricket with him, and he was a star bak then, shows how much difference me and him were lol

hopefully it wont rain on saturday, great to get a 2 day game under the belt to get ready for finals, good luck all

Nathan;326764 said:

and bak then u werent much of a bowler either, i use to get a bowl before you in juniors :p callus bowls too many wrong'uns. Trent is alrite except his wrong'un u can tell from his hand

i heard after the day that it was deano that was hitting us all round the park. Played rep cricket with him, and he was a star bak then, shows how much difference me and him were lol

hopefully it wont rain on saturday, great to get a 2 day game under the belt to get ready for finals, good luck all

G'day Folkes. My Tips for this week are;

St Andrews will be to strong for Kingy and will go through the home and away season undefeated. St Andrews will be looking to put in dominate performance to carry momentum into finals, while Kingy will be hoping to finish season on a high.

St Johns will finish of the season with a win over Caroline Springs. St Johns have to much depth overall and should take care of Caroline Springs comfortably.

Melton Centrals will be far to strong for Altona Roosters #2. Centrals will look forward to consolidate 2nd spot, while Roosters #2 will want to put in a better effort than last weeks game.

Altona Roosters #1 will get over the line against Burnside. Burnside are struggling to put a decent score on the board at the moment and Roosters will be to strong particuly with the bat and should win well.

Good Luck to all

G'day Folkes. My Tips for this week are;

St Andrews will be to strong for Kingy and will go through the home and away season undefeated. St Andrews will be looking to put in dominate performance to carry momentum into finals, while Kingy will be hoping to finish season on a high.

St Johns will finish of the season with a win over Caroline Springs. St Johns have to much depth overall and should take care of Caroline Springs comfortably.

Melton Centrals will be far to strong for Altona Roosters #2. Centrals will look forward to consolidate 2nd spot, while Roosters #2 will want to put in a better effort than last weeks game.

Altona Roosters #1 will get over the line against Burnside. Burnside are struggling to put a decent score on the board at the moment and Roosters will be to strong particuly with the bat and should win well.

Good Luck to all

Just a quick note on the Turf Ladder.

If St Andrews or Melton Centrals win outright this game and Burnside beat Roosters #1, then Congs will finish 3rd and Roosters #1 will finish 4th.

These results are unlikely but thought I would let you know the senario.

If St Andrews or Melton Centrals win outright this game and Burnside beat Roosters #1, then Congs will finish 3rd and Roosters #1 will finish 4th.

Billy Bowden;326911 said:

But Altonas JB said "WE (Altona Roosters) WILL WIN OUTRIGHT" this week.
So surely they're a shoe in.

Billy Bowden;326911 said:

But Altonas JB said "WE (Altona Roosters) WILL WIN OUTRIGHT" this week.
So surely they're a shoe in.

StAndrewsman;326568 said:
what about the best spin bowler on turf?
best i've seen

1 - the dootz
2 - guy from burnside accidentally bowling outswinger instead of off spin
3 - mooney (lmao)

any1 else's thoughts?

The 2 best spinners in Turf are playing in B Grade!!!! You know who they are. And the 3rd best turf spinner has bowled 1 over this season!!!! Then comes the DOOTZ!!!!.................. Only serious guys, only serious.....:D:eek:........................

StAndrewsman;326568 said:
what about the best spin bowler on turf?
best i've seen

1 - the dootz
2 - guy from burnside accidentally bowling outswinger instead of off spin
3 - mooney (lmao)

any1 else's thoughts?

The 2 best spinners in Turf are playing in B Grade!!!! You know who they are. And the 3rd best turf spinner has bowled 1 over this season!!!! Then comes the DOOTZ!!!!.................. Only serious guys, only serious.....:D:eek:........................

My tips for this round:

St andrews easily, looking to get some guys in form for finals. they are looking a very strong unit at the moment. Kingy will be feeling 'what couldve been'. Their season only started with a win over Caroline springs in round 5 or 6.

St. Johns should have too many match winners in their side. But Caroline springs have been improving all year and might be an outside chance.

Melton centrals should easily account for roosters 2. like St Andrews, they will be looking gain some form. Roosters are a young bunch and are learning every week, but this game will prove too much for.

Roosters 1 will look to bounce back from their heavy loss to St Andrews. Burnside have struggled for depth all year, but when not playing at deer park, they have gone alright. An upset is again an outside chance. Roosters playing for confidence and burnside playing for pride.

Good luck, and let's get a 2 dayer in. I'm sick of these 1 dayer's
Cheers

My tips for this round:

St andrews easily, looking to get some guys in form for finals. they are looking a very strong unit at the moment. Kingy will be feeling 'what couldve been'. Their season only started with a win over Caroline springs in round 5 or 6.

St. Johns should have too many match winners in their side. But Caroline springs have been improving all year and might be an outside chance.

Melton centrals should easily account for roosters 2. like St Andrews, they will be looking gain some form. Roosters are a young bunch and are learning every week, but this game will prove too much for.

Roosters 1 will look to bounce back from their heavy loss to St Andrews. Burnside have struggled for depth all year, but when not playing at deer park, they have gone alright. An upset is again an outside chance. Roosters playing for confidence and burnside playing for pride.

Good luck, and let's get a 2 dayer in. I'm sick of these 1 dayer's
Cheers

Shaved_Plums;326946 said:

Shauny and turtle not a bad call.

borntigerfan;327021 said:

i think he is talking about Johnsy and Hodgy. Hodgy has been turning them square at training lately, but shaved-plums has to realise Johnsy is a pace bowler off 4 steps :p

also Billy Bowden if Centrals lose and there is an outrite, i think congs go ahead of them too. so if roosters 1 and centrals lose and sainters gets an outrite, Congs can get second

borntigerfan;327021 said:

i think he is talking about Johnsy and Hodgy. Hodgy has been turning them square at training lately, but shaved-plums has to realise Johnsy is a pace bowler off 4 steps :p

also Billy Bowden if Centrals lose and there is an outrite, i think congs go ahead of them too. so if roosters 1 and centrals lose and sainters gets an outrite, Congs can get second

there are no good spinners in the comp just silly batsmen.

there are no good spinners in the comp just silly batsmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back