Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

StAndrewsman;323593 said:
i dont hide behind anything, most ppl know who i am and in saying the wicket is good, thank the ppl behind the curator, as in the ppl that actually water the pitch. i hav been told they soak the pitch for all the time they r allowed but the curator only does it for 10-20 mins when it can be done for 2 hrs. the squares are great at angliss and they should play excellently every game and with the possibility of finals being played there, they shuld be put under the spotlight for the last couple of games and see if they are up to finals pitches

Ohh so its the curators fault they play cricket themselves, I'm sorry I thought it would be up to our comp committee or the club to organise their own curators :rolleyes:!!!
If they have hired those two lads to do the wicket, I'm sure the people who hired them would be well aware of their other requirements so how is it their fault?
I would say it was a poor decision by the people who hired these guys not them!
I'm sure they are doing their best and watering the wicketis just a part of preparing a wicket!

mate,
Just concentrate on your own flaws and stop having a snipe at others!:cool:

StAndrewsman;323593 said:
i dont hide behind anything, most ppl know who i am and in saying the wicket is good, thank the ppl behind the curator, as in the ppl that actually water the pitch. i hav been told they soak the pitch for all the time they r allowed but the curator only does it for 10-20 mins when it can be done for 2 hrs. the squares are great at angliss and they should play excellently every game and with the possibility of finals being played there, they shuld be put under the spotlight for the last couple of games and see if they are up to finals pitches

Ohh so its the curators fault they play cricket themselves, I'm sorry I thought it would be up to our comp committee or the club to organise their own curators :rolleyes:!!!
If they have hired those two lads to do the wicket, I'm sure the people who hired them would be well aware of their other requirements so how is it their fault?
I'm sure they are doing their best and watering the wicketis just a part of preparing a wicket!

mate,

News Breaker;323547 said:
You are totally correct StAndrewsman, at what you state about the two lawn mower pushers at Angliss.

The News going around is that there contracts will not be renewed for next season, and a few not happy also I believe about the state of the Golf Course the lads apparently look after also, not up to scratch we believe Lucky.

Can you elaborate on that?

Both of you should employ your mate Hussler. As he always has his mouth open to say something, you can utilise his mouth by filling it up with grass clippings, then walk him up and down the wicket, giving it a nice even layer of clippings.

Have a nice day.

news breaker, you have no idea.. last time i checked the golf course was in good knick.. and last time i checked one of us were employed by the golf club.. keep talkin ya garbage with ya mate standrewsman.. speakin to a few people who play in the churches on the weekend and who post on this forum and no one seems to no who you are.. and they all agreed that you should stop hiding behind ya computer and tell us all who you are.. but its easier to hide behind the screen isn't it

You are totally correct StAndrewsman, at what you state about the two lawn mower pushers at Angliss.

The News going around is that there contracts will not be renewed for next season, and a few not happy also I believe about the state of the Golf Course the lads apparently look after also, not up to scratch we believe Lucky.

Both of you should employ your mate Hussler. As he always has his mouth open to say something, you can utilise his mouth by filling it up with grass clippings, then walk him up and down the wicket, giving it a nice even layer of clippings.

Have a nice day.

news breaker, you have no idea.. last time i checked the golf course was in good knick.. and last time i checked one of us were employed by the golf club.. keep talkin ya garbage with ya mate standrewsman.. speakin to a few people who play in the churches on the weekend and who post on this forum and no one seems to no who you are.. and they all agreed that you should stop hiding behind ya computer and tell us all who you are.. but its easier to hide behind the screen isn't it

Both of you should employ your mate Hussler. As he always has his mouth open to say something, you can utilise his mouth by filling it up with grass clippings, then walk him up and down the wicket, giving it a nice even layer of clippings.quote}

You should get a gig at the Comedy Club,thats the funniest joke ever hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Pleeeeaase tell us another one pleeease!!!!!!!

About the golf course,get your facts right + pi$$ off to a Big Golf forum if ya want to talk about that crap,this is Big Cricket foool......:eek:

Both of you should employ your mate Hussler. As he always has his mouth open to say something, you can utilise his mouth by filling it up with grass clippings, then walk him up and down the wicket, giving it a nice even layer of clippings.quote}

You should get a gig at the Comedy Club,thats the funniest joke ever hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Pleeeeaase tell us another one pleeease!!!!!!!

About the golf course,get your facts right + pi$$ off to a Big Golf forum if ya want to talk about that crap,this is Big Cricket foool......:eek:

Stump Cam;323599 said:

mate,

Good Post well said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stump Cam;323599 said:

mate,

hussler;323764 said:

I've been a long time reader but I don't like it when ppl just want to be aggressive and attack ppl for the sake of it.
Unlike yourself well ppl should call you Rex Hunt not Hussler;)

I was watching the game on Sunday and the wicket played superbly, when we played on it early on it was bad but there are a lot of reasons for that. It is still a relativly new table, not being able to water it the way it needs to, the comp/club hiring current playing cricketers to prepare the wicket with limited time to do so.

Then you have ppl saying stuff like pull your finger out and that these 2 guys don't have any idea about preparing a wicket - it's just not on.

Why can't ppl (like Big Coq) acknowledge the huge turn around in the state of the wicket???
No we'll just sit back and throw stones because that's easier!

Hope the finals are played there, I would love to bat on that deck I may even get to double figures:rolleyes:

hussler;323764 said:

I've been a long time reader but I don't like it when ppl just want to be aggressive and attack ppl for the sake of it.
Unlike yourself well ppl should call you Rex Hunt not Hussler;)

I was watching the game on Sunday and the wicket played superbly, when we played on it early on it was bad but there are a lot of reasons for that. It is still a relativly new table, not being able to water it the way it needs to, the comp/club hiring current playing cricketers to prepare the wicket with limited time to do so.

Then you have ppl saying stuff like pull your finger out and that these 2 guys don't have any idea about preparing a wicket - it's just not on.

Why can't ppl (like Big Coq) acknowledge the huge turn around in the state of the wicket???
No we'll just sit back and throw stones because that's easier!

Hope the finals are played there, I would love to bat on that deck I may even get to double figures:rolleyes:

\

I think anyliss are improving as the season goes on but not a finals wicket we have 3 better ground to play finlas cricket on and we should be using them. St pauls Altona Greeen and pennel res are 3 better decks than anyliss but the wickets are getting better which is a credit to curators dont forget their was so much top soil on these deck at the start of the yr 2 wks before round 1 just stupid and bu playing early games their wkts where shit and always going to be. Im playing at pennel this week i herd out field struggling but will see i think st pauls and alton green are miles in front of anyliss the are 2 best pitches in the comp with pennel which i get to see this week. Any one else thoughts on where the finals should be played

\

I think anyliss are improving as the season goes on but not a finals wicket we have 3 better ground to play finlas cricket on and we should be using them. St pauls Altona Greeen and pennel res are 3 better decks than anyliss but the wickets are getting better which is a credit to curators dont forget their was so much top soil on these deck at the start of the yr 2 wks before round 1 just stupid and bu playing early games their wkts where shit and always going to be. Im playing at pennel this week i herd out field struggling but will see i think st pauls and alton green are miles in front of anyliss the are 2 best pitches in the comp with pennel which i get to see this week. Any one else thoughts on where the finals should be played

Nathan;323989 said:
\

I think anyliss are improving as the season goes on but not a finals wicket we have 3 better ground to play finlas cricket on and we should be using them. St pauls Altona Greeen and pennel res are 3 better decks than anyliss but the wickets are getting better which is a credit to curators dont forget their was so much top soil on these deck at the start of the yr 2 wks before round 1 just stupid and bu playing early games their wkts where crap and always going to be. Im playing at pennel this week i herd out field struggling but will see i think st pauls and alton green are miles in front of anyliss the are 2 best pitches in the comp with pennel which i get to see this week. Any one else thoughts on where the finals should be played

Well Said Nathan. My opinion is that Altona Green and St Pauls should be used for semi finals and St Pauls for the Grand Final. Pennel is the best Pitch in the comp but the outfield is really struggling. For finals we need to consider the outfield and pitches. Altona Green is good as it has drought tolerant grass and St Pauls is very good as they have recycled water available for the ground. St Pauls also has a fence to keep the public of the groud which will help when finals time comes.

Nathan;323989 said:
\

I think anyliss are improving as the season goes on but not a finals wicket we have 3 better ground to play finlas cricket on and we should be using them. St pauls Altona Greeen and pennel res are 3 better decks than anyliss but the wickets are getting better which is a credit to curators dont forget their was so much top soil on these deck at the start of the yr 2 wks before round 1 just stupid and bu playing early games their wkts where crap and always going to be. Im playing at pennel this week i herd out field struggling but will see i think st pauls and alton green are miles in front of anyliss the are 2 best pitches in the comp with pennel which i get to see this week. Any one else thoughts on where the finals should be played

Well Said Nathan. My opinion is that Altona Green and St Pauls should be used for semi finals and St Pauls for the Grand Final. Pennel is the best Pitch in the comp but the outfield is really struggling. For finals we need to consider the outfield and pitches. Altona Green is good as it has drought tolerant grass and St Pauls is very good as they have recycled water available for the ground. St Pauls also has a fence to keep the public of the groud which will help when finals time comes.

StAndrewsman;323477 said:
lucky just stick to what ur paid to do, or is it ur brother that is curating. Either one, when are you going to use something other than a hand roller to roll the pitches at angliss. i cant believe ur still in the job, the amount of things that you hav screwed up. pull ur finger out instead of wasting time on here

leave the young blokes alone at least there havn a crack why dont you get of ya ass or employ someone from your own CRAP COMP.played on it this year very good wicket keep takin their money boys.

StAndrewsman;323477 said:
lucky just stick to what ur paid to do, or is it ur brother that is curating. Either one, when are you going to use something other than a hand roller to roll the pitches at angliss. i cant believe ur still in the job, the amount of things that you hav screwed up. pull ur finger out instead of wasting time on here

leave the young blokes alone at least there havn a crack why dont you get of ya ass or employ someone from your own CRAP COMP.played on it this year very good wicket keep takin their money boys.

I think first off some (and by some I mean most) of you need to learn how to spell and use a full stop every now and then! It's good to see some passion in your comments but, sometimes I have to read it 2 or 3 times and then I realise that, what you have actually written and what you meant may not be the same! So keep it up boys, I am really enjoying all the crap that's going on in here. It makes me laugh and helps me get though the day. Once again keep up the good work but for my sake please get yourselves a dictionary!

Yours in cricket

Shaved_Plums

I think first off some (and by some I mean most) of you need to learn how to spell and use a full stop every now and then! It's good to see some passion in your comments but, sometimes I have to read it 2 or 3 times and then I realise that, what you have actually written and what you meant may not be the same! So keep it up boys, I am really enjoying all the crap that's going on in here. It makes me laugh and helps me get though the day. Once again keep up the good work but for my sake please get yourselves a dictionary!

Yours in cricket

Shaved_Plums

barryhall;324030 said:

I agree Bazza there's been lots of runs made at ANA's track this year,away sides have scored well there + ANA havent won a game,so there wouldve been more made there if they had a bit better batting side!!!!!!!!!!!!

barryhall;324030 said:

I agree Bazza there's been lots of runs made at ANA's track this year,away sides have scored well there + ANA havent won a game,so there wouldve been more made there if they had a bit better batting side!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Bowden;324001 said:

Not sure about these others grounds you mention as I haven't seen or played on them but looking at ANA's ground/deck, I would say it would be hard to beat as the wicket looks and plays great and there are value for shots, what more could you ask for?

Billy Bowden;324001 said:

Not sure about these others grounds you mention as I haven't seen or played on them but looking at ANA's ground/deck, I would say it would be hard to beat as the wicket looks and plays great and there are value for shots, what more could you ask for?

Stump Cam;324300 said:

Stump Cam

Altona Green and St Pauls wickets are very good. The pitches are as good if not a little better than ANA's wicket and the out fields have a lot more grass cover than Angliss has at the moment.

Stump Cam;324300 said:

Stump Cam

Altona Green and St Pauls wickets are very good. The pitches are as good if not a little better than ANA's wicket and the out fields have a lot more grass cover than Angliss has at the moment.

Shaved_Plums;324047 said:

Yours in cricket

Shaved_Plums

Welcome on Board Shaved Plums. Hope you can understand my posts. Got to ask you though if you do romance or do you just like to smash box?

Shaved_Plums;324047 said:

Yours in cricket

Shaved_Plums

Welcome on Board Shaved Plums. Hope you can understand my posts. Got to ask you though if you do romance or do you just like to smash box?

My tips for the rest of the season.
Turf - Saint Andrew's to win and dare I say it - Fairly easily - the reason I say fairly easily is because if blokes like Andrew Hodgart and Ross Taylor can't get a game then they must be very strong and have a bit of depth - there's a couple of players who haven't even played in turf this year that were walk up starts last year - not that the Sainters were all that strong last year - they were in the second year of rebuiliding and the new guys along with a couple of players returning this year makes them a very strong unit. Very hard to beat.

A Grade - Melton South - Probably should be in a higher grade so they should win it fairly esily - but who knows they may choke on all the pressure of being such short priced favorites!!!!

B Grade - I think this grade is very close - Anyone in the top 4 are capable of winning the flag - Depends on the day and injuries but I am going to go out on a limb and tip............................................St Andrew's..

C Grade - It's out of the 2 Melton teams and Footscray United - I'm going to tip United in what I believe will be a very close finals series - The "smokie" I believe is Rockbank - but they need a few things to go their way as well as winning the last 2 games and they will need all the Innella boys (Anthony, Dave and Christian) to play their best cricket.

D Grade - The 2 Centrals - Melton & Werribee - with Albion the only other team with a chamce - but they would need to play at their best.

E Grade - Only the top 3 can win with the top team (Hoppers) clear favorites.

Good luck to all teams playing in the finals this year.

Turf - Saint Andrew's to win and dare I say it - Fairly easily - the reason I say fairly easily is because if blokes like Andrew Hodgart and Ross Taylor can't get a game then they must be very strong and have a bit of depth - there's a couple of players who haven't even played in turf this year that were walk up starts last year - not that the Sainters were all that strong last year - they were in the second year of rebuiliding and the new guys along with a couple of players returning this year makes them a very strong unit. Very hard to beat.

A Grade - Melton South - Probably should be in a higher grade so they should win it fairly esily - but who knows they may choke on all the pressure of being such short priced favorites!!!!

B Grade - I think this grade is very close - Anyone in the top 4 are capable of winning the flag - Depends on the day and injuries but I am going to go out on a limb and tip............................................St Andrew's..

C Grade - It's out of the 2 Melton teams and Footscray United - I'm going to tip United in what I believe will be a very close finals series - The "smokie" I believe is Rockbank - but they need a few things to go their way as well as winning the last 2 games and they will need all the Innella boys (Anthony, Dave and Christian) to play their best cricket.

D Grade - The 2 Centrals - Melton & Werribee - with Albion the only other team with a chamce - but they would need to play at their best.

Shaved_Plums;324806 said:

hahaha.. good joke

Shaved_Plums;324806 said:

hahaha.. good joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back