Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Hi all, firstly congrats to altona sports who chased down our score yesterday and to St. Johns on getting through again well done boys. Secondly i can say that as President of St. Andrews that if it is found out that one of our people have committed this terrible act then they will be shown the door and reported to the association to deal with, I will not stand of this type of act and also people who continualy knock our club. I have been there for about 20 years and like most of you who love their club i bleed St Andrews and i am gutted that this has happened to both Congs and Roosters and i hope that the d-Heads that did this are caught and given the appropriate punishment. As for all of you here its ok to have your opinion but you should be careful because im sure its easy to sit behind a computer and bag hard working people instead of getting of your A and actually doing something. If not then just %^& off.

Hi all, firstly congrats to altona sports who chased down our score yesterday and to St. Johns on getting through again well done boys. Secondly i can say that as President of St. Andrews that if it is found out that one of our people have committed this terrible act then they will be shown the door and reported to the association to deal with, I will not stand of this type of act and also people who continualy knock our club. I have been there for about 20 years and like most of you who love their club i bleed St Andrews and i am gutted that this has happened to both Congs and Roosters and i hope that the d-Heads that did this are caught and given the appropriate punishment. As for all of you here its ok to have your opinion but you should be careful because im sure its easy to sit behind a computer and bag hard working people instead of getting of your A and actually doing something. If not then just %^& off.

borntigerfan;334865 said:

Just like all the hard work Congs and Roosters did and then for one of your mob hiding at night time and digging up the pitch!!!!:eek:

How do you feel being the President of a club that has done this....:(

Why hasn't anyone from St Andrews come on here and given their opinion on who they think done this weak act?????
Might dob their own in, that's why????

borntigerfan;334865 said:

Just like all the hard work Congs and Roosters did and then for one of your mob hiding at night time and digging up the pitch!!!!:eek:

Why hasn't anyone from St Andrews come on here and given their opinion on who they think done this weak act?????

All I can say is shame shame shame

does not look good at all, as we are looking at expanding our

turf comp next year.

A full thourough investigation will be taking place.

The vandals have damaged the covers, which inturn the matter

has been reported to police.

All postings here are readily available for police viewing.

turf comp next year.

Stump Cam;334866 said:
[/B]

Like i said im feeling for those guys right now but you still cant hide behind a computer and accuse people of things they havent done and no i wont target someone unless i have 100% proof that they had done something. Its a sad day for cricket when someone has to go to these lengths just for a game of park cricket.

Stump Cam;334866 said:
[/B]

Like i said im feeling for those guys right now but you still cant hide behind a computer and accuse people of things they havent done and no i wont target someone unless i have 100% proof that they had done something. Its a sad day for cricket when someone has to go to these lengths just for a game of park cricket.

News Breaker;334867 said:

turf comp next year.

I hope they catch the bloke/s!!!!
I've also been told that there are security cameras at St Pauls, I don't know where but they may have caught them on those doing that wicket!!!!
Someone from your comp should call the school and ask to view the tapes!!!

News Breaker;334867 said:

turf comp next year.

I've also been told that there are security cameras at St Pauls, I don't know where but they may have caught them on those doing that wicket!!!!

Stump Cam;334863 said:
This is just a cowardly act by St Andrews CHEATS.
They have been complaining about the wicket for the whole year, I have spoken to the curators and a few players who were there and who actually have played on turf for more then 6 years and they said the wicket was fine.
No one lost their wicket because of the pitch, apart from one that kept low but that's cricket and that's what you get when you play on turf, remember you're not playing on concrete anymore:confused:

Billy,
Congs only had 37 runs to get on a new days play, without as much pressure from the previous days play, they would have got them easily and you blokes knew it, that's why you dug the pitch up..... very very weak act!Roosters had 214 on the board and getting over 200+ in a final is always defendable, not that you blokes would know that........108:eek:
So there was no motivation for them to do it.
Melton would have been confident of chasing that down especially with their opening bats in good form.

I would n't like to be the bloke that did it and then get caught because I think he might have to leave town.

St Andrews, IF you win the GF it will always be remembered for the one you cheated to get and everyone knows it, so I wouldn't even turn up.

Big Coq,
What's your opinion on your comp now???
As good as the Willy Comp?.... I think not!
Newport Digman made 309 at GU and GU got them 1 wicket down!!!!
That's real cricket, earning your spot in the GF not CHEATING to get in!!!! :cool:

If you read my comments Stump Cam I said that both games were in the balance and I haven't accused anyone yet. Yes Congs only needed 37 runs but St Andrews only needed 4 wickets with one of the best bowling attacks in the comp. Congs were cruising at 1/47 then they lost 5/15 and were 6/62. Congs are a very good side as well and quite possibly could of got the runs. We will never know who would have won, but I have seen plenty of games over the years where teams chasing low scores have fallen short. Just ask Melton Centrals from last season when they were bowled out for 66 chasing 114. I think your just another idiot taking an uneducated guess who has done this. I think you are right on one thing though and that is if they do find out who done this then they might want to leave town.

Stump Cam;334863 said:
This is just a cowardly act by St Andrews CHEATS.
They have been complaining about the wicket for the whole year, I have spoken to the curators and a few players who were there and who actually have played on turf for more then 6 years and they said the wicket was fine.
No one lost their wicket because of the pitch, apart from one that kept low but that's cricket and that's what you get when you play on turf, remember you're not playing on concrete anymore:confused:

Billy,
Congs only had 37 runs to get on a new days play, without as much pressure from the previous days play, they would have got them easily and you blokes knew it, that's why you dug the pitch up..... very very weak act!Roosters had 214 on the board and getting over 200+ in a final is always defendable, not that you blokes would know that........108:eek:
So there was no motivation for them to do it.
Melton would have been confident of chasing that down especially with their opening bats in good form.

I would n't like to be the bloke that did it and then get caught because I think he might have to leave town.

St Andrews, IF you win the GF it will always be remembered for the one you cheated to get and everyone knows it, so I wouldn't even turn up.

Big Coq,
What's your opinion on your comp now???
As good as the Willy Comp?.... I think not!
Newport Digman made 309 at GU and GU got them 1 wicket down!!!!
That's real cricket, earning your spot in the GF not CHEATING to get in!!!! :cool:

If you read my comments Stump Cam I said that both games were in the balance and I haven't accused anyone yet. Yes Congs only needed 37 runs but St Andrews only needed 4 wickets with one of the best bowling attacks in the comp. Congs were cruising at 1/47 then they lost 5/15 and were 6/62. Congs are a very good side as well and quite possibly could of got the runs. We will never know who would have won, but I have seen plenty of games over the years where teams chasing low scores have fallen short. Just ask Melton Centrals from last season when they were bowled out for 66 chasing 114. I think your just another idiot taking an uneducated guess who has done this. I think you are right on one thing though and that is if they do find out who done this then they might want to leave town.

Stump Cam;334869 said:

I do believe also there are cameras at St Pauls so hopefully something comes up. Also they would have had to jump the high fence at St Pauls to get onto the oval so hopefully they had cameras directed towards the fences. This has happened 2 times in 4 years and we still dont know who done the damage to the GF 4 years ago between Congs and Melton Centrals. I hope it takes quicker to find this current culprit.

Stump Cam;334869 said:

I do believe also there are cameras at St Pauls so hopefully something comes up. Also they would have had to jump the high fence at St Pauls to get onto the oval so hopefully they had cameras directed towards the fences. This has happened 2 times in 4 years and we still dont know who done the damage to the GF 4 years ago between Congs and Melton Centrals. I hope it takes quicker to find this current culprit.

The association needs to look at themselves and realise all they have done is driven many clubs away from competing in the churches with the weeknds decision.

They say that thier is a possibility of 2 turf comps next year, i say they will struggle to get one up now with those sides considering a move now very unlikely to make the change knowing that the precedent has now been set with any sides finishing in the top two virtually guranteed a grand final birth if in trouble they just get the star pickets out! If you finish first the premiership is yours if you are happy to put your back in it and start to dig!

1 side to leave the churches comp next year with at least 2 more considering it is the word I heard as a spectator at a different grade of cricket on Saturday!

I think you can make it 3 now!

The association needs to look at themselves and realise all they have done is driven many clubs away from competing in the churches with the weeknds decision.

They say that thier is a possibility of 2 turf comps next year, i say they will struggle to get one up now with those sides considering a move now very unlikely to make the change knowing that the precedent has now been set with any sides finishing in the top two virtually guranteed a grand final birth if in trouble they just get the star pickets out! If you finish first the premiership is yours if you are happy to put your back in it and start to dig!

1 side to leave the churches comp next year with at least 2 more considering it is the word I heard as a spectator at a different grade of cricket on Saturday!

Overrated hack;334879 said:

Well said mate. The Association have made the wrong decision here and they should of either repaired the pitch and continued the games this saturday or if the pitches couldn't have been repaired by Saturday, then restart the games and play them on Saturday and Sunday this weekend on new grounds. This decision by the Association is only going to alienate clubs and possibly want to leave the Comp.

Overrated hack;334879 said:

Well said mate. The Association have made the wrong decision here and they should of either repaired the pitch and continued the games this saturday or if the pitches couldn't have been repaired by Saturday, then restart the games and play them on Saturday and Sunday this weekend on new grounds. This decision by the Association is only going to alienate clubs and possibly want to leave the Comp.

Billy Bowden;334883 said:

Well, the 1 side I know as a certainity to leave the churches the decision by the comp on the weekend would have vindicated the move. The other 2, one i undersatnd is very well advanced and the other has begun discussions.

The churches is a slowly dying comp and this may have been the death nail that speeds up the process. It was either going to be the lack of turf grounds or the association itself that killed it. I think we will all agree that the old farts at the top are to blame.

If the comp dosent bring in new people at the top, or at least encourage some new blood I fear the worst. The current administration are out of touch. Dunn would have to be in his 80's and Gooky has lost the plot all together.

ADAPT or DIE!!!

Billy Bowden;334883 said:

Well, the 1 side I know as a certainity to leave the churches the decision by the comp on the weekend would have vindicated the move. The other 2, one i undersatnd is very well advanced and the other has begun discussions.

The churches is a slowly dying comp and this may have been the death nail that speeds up the process. It was either going to be the lack of turf grounds or the association itself that killed it. I think we will all agree that the old farts at the top are to blame.

If the comp dosent bring in new people at the top, or at least encourage some new blood I fear the worst. The current administration are out of touch. Dunn would have to be in his 80's and Gooky has lost the plot all together.

ADAPT or DIE!!!

Well, well, well, i think we will call this day black monday.
The comps in big trouble.... To those selfish mindless fools who went around mindlessly recking games of cricket congratulations but please know that you may have brought the entire comp too its knees and as a result clubs will be seeking legal action and if nothing comes of it perhaps leave the comp and maybe the rest can beat up on melton south.
Very poor desicion from the comp as we were prepared and actually went to roll a strip for standrews and congs at altona green. We were to play at west footscray but it takes 4 too tango i know joffa was up for a 1 dayer as he like most would like cricket to deside the result...
I point the finger at know one but the assoc at the end of the day.
Play sat & sun monday make up day its not rocket science.
You may have lost your 3 strongest clubs comp............
Need fresh new ideas still running comp like its matting come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The comps in big trouble.... To those selfish mindless fools who went around mindlessly recking games of cricket congratulations but please know that you may have brought the entire comp too its knees and as a result clubs will be seeking legal action and if nothing comes of it perhaps leave the comp and maybe the rest can beat up on melton south.
Very poor desicion from the comp as we were prepared and actually went to roll a strip for standrews and congs at altona green. We were to play at west footscray but it takes 4 too tango i know joffa was up for a 1 dayer as he like most would like cricket to deside the result...
Need fresh new ideas still running comp like its matting come on guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigCoq;334904 said:

Have to agree completly.

The comp is on its knees now and it is just a matter of time! What would happen if 3 of the 4 clubs that participated in the finals where not to be around next year???

You are right when you say they will lost there strongest clubs. 3 out of the 4 finals clubs are a good chance to be elsewhere next year! VERY GOOD chance one of them for a fact as I know they had a meeting last week with another comp!!!

BigCoq;334904 said:

Have to agree completly.

The comp is on its knees now and it is just a matter of time! What would happen if 3 of the 4 clubs that participated in the finals where not to be around next year???

You are right when you say they will lost there strongest clubs. 3 out of the 4 finals clubs are a good chance to be elsewhere next year! VERY GOOD chance one of them for a fact as I know they had a meeting last week with another comp!!!

big coq,
what's your opinion on your comp now???
As good as the willy comp?.... I think not!
Newport digman made 309 at gu and gu got them 1 wicket down!!!!
That's real cricket, earning your spot in the gf not cheating to get in!!!! :cool:

well i take it all back were a rabble!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
Just defending our comp not sure why now. Some of us work hard to improve our comp & turn it into something we can all be proud of but spinless knobs will always crawl out from rocks dont know what to say but got room for one more team not b turf thanks.exploring all avenues from now to the new season well take our wicket with us good luck turf rip. :mad:

big coq,
what's your opinion on your comp now???
As good as the willy comp?.... I think not!
Newport digman made 309 at gu and gu got them 1 wicket down!!!!
That's real cricket, earning your spot in the gf not cheating to get in!!!! :cool:

well i take it all back were a rabble!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
Just defending our comp not sure why now. Some of us work hard to improve our comp & turn it into something we can all be proud of but spinless knobs will always crawl out from rocks dont know what to say but got room for one more team not b turf thanks.exploring all avenues from now to the new season well take our wicket with us good luck turf rip. :mad:

all I can say is imagine kingy Balts were in our or conga situation I bet u any money they would have replayed the game, stupid one eyed association. Gooky,coxy and clude took 4 hours to come the decision, when they had so many options in front of them especially two alternative grounds. I won't play in this comp anymore or atleast until somethings put in place. They won't find out who did because the ****in clowns who run the association are mindless ****holes. Good luck havin turf next year guys good teams will leave and whoevas left ova will lose players now. Clude dunn and geoff gook need to realize there past the times now geoffs the worst umpire and cludes 278 years old, pull up your nappies and **** off.

all I can say is imagine kingy Balts were in our or conga situation I bet u any money they would have replayed the game, stupid one eyed association. Gooky,coxy and clude took 4 hours to come the decision, when they had so many options in front of them especially two alternative grounds. I won't play in this comp anymore or atleast until somethings put in place. They won't find out who did because the ****in clowns who run the association are mindless ****holes. Good luck havin turf next year guys good teams will leave and whoevas left ova will lose players now. Clude dunn and geoff gook need to realize there past the times now geoffs the worst umpire and cludes 278 years old, pull up your nappies and **** off.

the most upsetting part we've spent 8 months training, organising sponsers,functions, pitchs etc and it's all thrown away because of greedy pigs who have to cheat. I can understand if it was to hot or rained but we got there fair and square and we deserve our chance and so do congs.

the most upsetting part we've spent 8 months training, organising sponsers,functions, pitchs etc and it's all thrown away because of greedy pigs who have to cheat. I can understand if it was to hot or rained but we got there fair and square and we deserve our chance and so do congs.

Latecut 99,

Too many questions and no answers, too many options and no decisions. Out of touch, out of date and now soon to be out of competitive teams to play!

Latecut 99,

Too many questions and no answers, too many options and no decisions. Out of touch, out of date and now soon to be out of competitive teams to play!

cant believe we havent heard from the St Andrews boys bar the pres. last week before the finals couldnt get u of the bloody form now shhhhhhhhhh i would be expecting you to defend your honour. Pres are you aware that it has been mentioned that some of your boys drove past Angliss tooting there horns and cheering go StAndrew without even knowing or checking the state of the wicket. a serious investigation is required and all parties sat down and debriefied then only can we get close to the truth. an extrodfinary meeting is required prior to any grand final taking place or we truly are in a farcical situation perpetuated by fossils with there heads in the sand...................
Go the Willy comp.

cant believe we havent heard from the St Andrews boys bar the pres. last week before the finals couldnt get u of the bloody form now shhhhhhhhhh i would be expecting you to defend your honour. Pres are you aware that it has been mentioned that some of your boys drove past Angliss tooting there horns and cheering go StAndrew without even knowing or checking the state of the wicket. a serious investigation is required and all parties sat down and debriefied then only can we get close to the truth. an extrodfinary meeting is required prior to any grand final taking place or we truly are in a farcical situation perpetuated by fossils with there heads in the sand...................
Go the Willy comp.

BigCoq;334910 said:
WELL I TAKE IT ALL BACK WERE A RABBLE!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
JUST DEFENDING OUR COMP NOT SURE WHY NOW. SOME OF US WORK HARD TO IMPROVE OUR COMP & TURN IT INTO SOMETHING WE CAN ALL BE PROUD OF BUT SPINLESS KNOBS WILL ALWAYS CRAWL OUT FROM ROCKS DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY BUT GOT ROOM FOR ONE MORE TEAM NOT B TURF THANKS.EXPLORING ALL AVENUES FROM NOW TO THE NEW SEASON WELL TAKE OUR WICKET WITH US GOOD LUCK TURF RIP. :mad:

Big Coq

I dont agree about playing a one dayer yesterday because I was speaking to the St Pauls Curator yesterday and he said there is no way you can just mow a pitch and roll it within an hour or 2 and then play on it. I believe we should have repaird the wickets during this week and finished the semi finals this Saturday (Mar 14th). If the curators couldn't repair the wickets by Saturday then the only other alternative would be to play the Semis at new grounds on Saturday and Sunday (Mar 14th & 15th) and start the games again as we would have totally new conditions.

BigCoq;334910 said:
WELL I TAKE IT ALL BACK WERE A RABBLE!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
JUST DEFENDING OUR COMP NOT SURE WHY NOW. SOME OF US WORK HARD TO IMPROVE OUR COMP & TURN IT INTO SOMETHING WE CAN ALL BE PROUD OF BUT SPINLESS KNOBS WILL ALWAYS CRAWL OUT FROM ROCKS DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY BUT GOT ROOM FOR ONE MORE TEAM NOT B TURF THANKS.EXPLORING ALL AVENUES FROM NOW TO THE NEW SEASON WELL TAKE OUR WICKET WITH US GOOD LUCK TURF RIP. :mad:

Big Coq

I dont agree about playing a one dayer yesterday because I was speaking to the St Pauls Curator yesterday and he said there is no way you can just mow a pitch and roll it within an hour or 2 and then play on it. I believe we should have repaird the wickets during this week and finished the semi finals this Saturday (Mar 14th). If the curators couldn't repair the wickets by Saturday then the only other alternative would be to play the Semis at new grounds on Saturday and Sunday (Mar 14th & 15th) and start the games again as we would have totally new conditions.

Billy Bowden;334928 said:
Big Coq

Billy have you heard about StAndrew going to the VTCA......

Big Coq

Billy have you heard about StAndrew going to the VTCA......

Big Coq

yea what ever all i know is CRICKET should deside the result not *&^wits....
i cant believe GOOKY & co allow to be bent over and give in like this, weak as piss.

Big Coq

yea what ever all i know is CRICKET should deside the result not *&^wits....
i cant believe GOOKY & co allow to be bent over and give in like this, weak as piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back