Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

I feel terrible to be quite honest and wouldn't wish this on any teams.
Big Coq you are more then welcome to come into our comp, it will only make us stronger and you as a club stronger.
I have heard today that St Andrews are going into the VTCA, good luck cheats!!!!
The Willy comp is strong and isn't flooded with $$$$ like the VTCA so I wouldn't suggest to go there but that's up to you guys.....
I've also heard a rumor that one of the clubs involved in this debarcle has met with our comp committee and are coming into our comp next year and we will welcome them with open arms!!!

This will be very hard to sweep under the carpet and in my opinion spells the end of the churches comp at least at turf level anyway!!!

I feel terrible to be quite honest and wouldn't wish this on any teams.
Big Coq you are more then welcome to come into our comp, it will only make us stronger and you as a club stronger.
I have heard today that St Andrews are going into the VTCA, good luck cheats!!!!
The Willy comp is strong and isn't flooded with $$$$ like the VTCA so I wouldn't suggest to go there but that's up to you guys.....
I've also heard a rumor that one of the clubs involved in this debarcle has met with our comp committee and are coming into our comp next year and we will welcome them with open arms!!!

This will be very hard to sweep under the carpet and in my opinion spells the end of the churches comp at least at turf level anyway!!!

BigCoq;334931 said:
Big Coq

I dont agree about playing a one dayer yesterday because I was speaking to the St Pauls Curator yesterday and he said there is no way you can just mow a pitch and roll it within an hour or 2 and then play on it. I believe we should have repaird the wickets during this week and finished the semi finals this Saturday (Mar 14th). If the curators couldn't repair the wickets by Saturday then the only other alternative would be to play the Semis at new grounds on Saturday and Sunday (Mar 14th & 15th) and start the games again as we would have totally new conditions.

Billy have you heard about StAndrew going to the VTCA......[/QUOTE]

I had herd a rumor they were considering it last year but I haven't heard anything this year. They are only 1 of 3 clubs the other 2 being Kingy and Roosters who have their own wicket so If they were to decide to go they will have a wicket to take with them. If you go to the VTCA you must have a minimum of 2 teams apparently.

BigCoq;334931 said:
Big Coq

I dont agree about playing a one dayer yesterday because I was speaking to the St Pauls Curator yesterday and he said there is no way you can just mow a pitch and roll it within an hour or 2 and then play on it. I believe we should have repaird the wickets during this week and finished the semi finals this Saturday (Mar 14th). If the curators couldn't repair the wickets by Saturday then the only other alternative would be to play the Semis at new grounds on Saturday and Sunday (Mar 14th & 15th) and start the games again as we would have totally new conditions.

Billy have you heard about StAndrew going to the VTCA......[/QUOTE]

I had herd a rumor they were considering it last year but I haven't heard anything this year. They are only 1 of 3 clubs the other 2 being Kingy and Roosters who have their own wicket so If they were to decide to go they will have a wicket to take with them. If you go to the VTCA you must have a minimum of 2 teams apparently.

stump cam;334934 said:
i feel terrible to be quite honest and wouldn't wish this on any teams.
Big coq you are more then welcome to come into our comp, it will only make us stronger and you as a club stronger.
I have heard today that st andrews are going into the vtca, good luck cheats!!!!
The willy comp is strong and isn't flooded with $$$$ like the vtca so i wouldn't suggest to go there but that's up to you guys.....

the rumour mill will be running wild for some time now!!!!!!!!!!! Happy to start or perpetuate any gossip.

stump cam;334934 said:
i feel terrible to be quite honest and wouldn't wish this on any teams.
Big coq you are more then welcome to come into our comp, it will only make us stronger and you as a club stronger.
I have heard today that st andrews are going into the vtca, good luck cheats!!!!
The willy comp is strong and isn't flooded with $$$$ like the vtca so i wouldn't suggest to go there but that's up to you guys.....

the rumour mill will be running wild for some time now!!!!!!!!!!! Happy to start or perpetuate any gossip.

Is it possible there is a player out there who has been suspended by the WSUCCA or by their club or has had a falling out with a club in the finals and therefore they have done this for revenge?

Is it possible there is a player out there who has been suspended by the WSUCCA or by their club or has had a falling out with a club in the finals and therefore they have done this for revenge?

Pots

Do agree with you in that the Association Committee have made the wrong decision and it is totally unfair on you blokes for the games not to be continued or restarted.

As for the rumor of who dug up the wickets last time and them possibly doing it this time well if you are refering to Mick O'Toole then I think you are well off the money there. I have known Mick for a good 5-6 years and he is a top bloke and he has always denied it and I know he is sick of being accused that it is him. Mick has been invovled in this comp for about 20 years from his junior days at Kingy, some senior years with Kingy and about 5 years with St Andrews. He has also represented this Association in carnival cricket. What possible reason would he have wanted to have ruined the Congs v Melton Centrals GF 4 years ago. AS for the current damage yes St Andrews were in a little trouble but I believe 100% Mick would have NOT done this.

I just hope like you Pots that there is footage of these ****s so we can put this to bed. Until we can get proof I just think its totally unfair on Mick that he is bandied around as the rumoured culprit.

Pots

Do agree with you in that the Association Committee have made the wrong decision and it is totally unfair on you blokes for the games not to be continued or restarted.

As for the rumor of who dug up the wickets last time and them possibly doing it this time well if you are refering to Mick O'Toole then I think you are well off the money there. I have known Mick for a good 5-6 years and he is a top bloke and he has always denied it and I know he is sick of being accused that it is him. Mick has been invovled in this comp for about 20 years from his junior days at Kingy, some senior years with Kingy and about 5 years with St Andrews. He has also represented this Association in carnival cricket. What possible reason would he have wanted to have ruined the Congs v Melton Centrals GF 4 years ago. AS for the current damage yes St Andrews were in a little trouble but I believe 100% Mick would have NOT done this.

I just hope like you Pots that there is footage of these ****s so we can put this to bed. Until we can get proof I just think its totally unfair on Mick that he is bandied around as the rumoured culprit.

Yes i do feel for the Roosters & Congs cricket clubs that this cowardly act has shattered their whole season of work/training/blood sweat & tears.

All we are hearing is about the people responsible and the lack of 'SPINE' fom the assoc.

Instead of talking about moving next year, comp at it's knees so on, so on

ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT BEING A LITTLE BIT PRO-ACTIVE.

SIMPLE as it was done a couple of years ago when the same shit happened

APPEAL THE DECISION BOYS (CRICKET VICTORIA I THINK)

get started to save something

Yes i do feel for the Roosters & Congs cricket clubs that this cowardly act has shattered their whole season of work/training/blood sweat & tears.

All we are hearing is about the people responsible and the lack of 'SPINE' fom the assoc.

Instead of talking about moving next year, comp at it's knees so on, so on

ANYONE THOUGHT ABOUT BEING A LITTLE BIT PRO-ACTIVE.

SIMPLE as it was done a couple of years ago when the same shit happened

APPEAL THE DECISION BOYS (CRICKET VICTORIA I THINK)

get started to save something

Hi all,

Isnt it amazing just how much crap is getting spoken.

Id firstly like to start with saying that it is absolutely pitifull what was done on sunday night / monday morning and hope those responsible are caught and appropriattely dealt with.

Its western suburbs park cricket for *UCK SAKE !!

Now as someone who has been around the competition for some time now (with no allegance to any club in the finals or ever being on or wanting to be on the executive) I'd like to put forward a few points that i think people need to think about before coming up with all the dribble im reading and even more so the most ridiculous accusations.

Clearly Willy Congs and Altona Roosters will feel they have been dealt the worst imaginable outcome, and I agree they have been. But i say this only because they never had a chance to TRY and win. However I also think its extremely nieve if these sides want to beleive that they were "in front" in there games.

I cant imagine how frustrated and how hurt both your clubs would be feeling right now and i know numerous people from many clubs in the comp and im sure they all feel for these two teams as well. But i genuinelly beleive that St Andrews and Melton Centrals were "in front" if you ask me.

I have seen enough of both St Andrews and Melton Centrals to know that both would still have been confident in winning their games.

This being said, I just cant see how either of them could have done the act either.

It seems that most of the Altona Roosters players / people are convinced that St Andrews are to blame. But something that really staggers me in that thinking is that if I were from St Andrews, why would i do such a thing to put Melton Centrals through to the grand final? Surely they would rather play The Roosters.

I just cant understand why people would bother accusing and sledging clubs and individuals when clearly ther is nothing to sugest that they would need to do it.

There is only one thing that i agree on in all this mess, that saddly the turf competition is in deep trouble and the association can only be to blame. When it has happened previously, there should clearly have been security provided.

Hi all,

Isnt it amazing just how much crap is getting spoken.

Id firstly like to start with saying that it is absolutely pitifull what was done on sunday night / monday morning and hope those responsible are caught and appropriattely dealt with.

Its western suburbs park cricket for *UCK SAKE !!

Now as someone who has been around the competition for some time now (with no allegance to any club in the finals or ever being on or wanting to be on the executive) I'd like to put forward a few points that i think people need to think about before coming up with all the dribble im reading and even more so the most ridiculous accusations.

Clearly Willy Congs and Altona Roosters will feel they have been dealt the worst imaginable outcome, and I agree they have been. But i say this only because they never had a chance to TRY and win. However I also think its extremely nieve if these sides want to beleive that they were "in front" in there games.

I cant imagine how frustrated and how hurt both your clubs would be feeling right now and i know numerous people from many clubs in the comp and im sure they all feel for these two teams as well. But i genuinelly beleive that St Andrews and Melton Centrals were "in front" if you ask me.

I have seen enough of both St Andrews and Melton Centrals to know that both would still have been confident in winning their games.

This being said, I just cant see how either of them could have done the act either.

It seems that most of the Altona Roosters players / people are convinced that St Andrews are to blame. But something that really staggers me in that thinking is that if I were from St Andrews, why would i do such a thing to put Melton Centrals through to the grand final? Surely they would rather play The Roosters.

I just cant understand why people would bother accusing and sledging clubs and individuals when clearly ther is nothing to sugest that they would need to do it.

There is only one thing that i agree on in all this mess, that saddly the turf competition is in deep trouble and the association can only be to blame. When it has happened previously, there should clearly have been security provided.

big game performer;334777 said:
as a former roosters player i was looking forward to watching the boys play today and catching up with some old faces.the high we were on at grand united after yesterdays run chase was tempered alot when we were told of these cowardly and idiotic acts of stupidity.A few points i would like to have answered however 1 what time was the committee made aware of what happened 2 was any effort made to relocate these games 3 was any effort made to repair these wickets 4 was a steadfast rule put in place for this type of incident after it happened in the grand final two years ago 5 what possible reason is there to not continue these games next saturday with the current scores still standing

Congratulations Big Red best of luck in granny champ. G.U.8 is enough.
1. Most people were aware at 10:30/11am.
2. tryed to relocate but all grounds within assoc had been tampered with and couldnt come to a consences about playing a 1 dayer or starting fresh new game.We got Altona Green up and apparently West Footscray was available.
3.Beyond repair every 3 mtrs a big ass hole right on middle.
4. The constitution only refers to RAIN not even Heat rule they are way too loose.
5.u talk to much sense, lets just make a decision without a corrum and alienate all 4 clubs and potentially ruin a comp that looked to be going in the right direction.
from what i hear 3 of the 4 clubs are looking at moving on due to these knee jerk not well thought out desicions. i suppose you live by the rules and you die by the rules. thats why courts have a judge we live in a democracy God Dam it Amen!

big game performer;334777 said:
as a former roosters player i was looking forward to watching the boys play today and catching up with some old faces.the high we were on at grand united after yesterdays run chase was tempered alot when we were told of these cowardly and idiotic acts of stupidity.A few points i would like to have answered however 1 what time was the committee made aware of what happened 2 was any effort made to relocate these games 3 was any effort made to repair these wickets 4 was a steadfast rule put in place for this type of incident after it happened in the grand final two years ago 5 what possible reason is there to not continue these games next saturday with the current scores still standing

Congratulations Big Red best of luck in granny champ. G.U.8 is enough.
1. Most people were aware at 10:30/11am.
2. tryed to relocate but all grounds within assoc had been tampered with and couldnt come to a consences about playing a 1 dayer or starting fresh new game.We got Altona Green up and apparently West Footscray was available.
3.Beyond repair every 3 mtrs a big ass hole right on middle.
4. The constitution only refers to RAIN not even Heat rule they are way too loose.
5.u talk to much sense, lets just make a decision without a corrum and alienate all 4 clubs and potentially ruin a comp that looked to be going in the right direction.
from what i hear 3 of the 4 clubs are looking at moving on due to these knee jerk not well thought out desicions. i suppose you live by the rules and you die by the rules. thats why courts have a judge we live in a democracy God Dam it Amen!

This is the first time I have looked on this site and the first time I have written anything.

I am astounded at all the garbage that gets put on this website from people unknown to me. I was as shocked as anyone associated with the WSUCCA that all turf wickets were dug up. I don't understand why.

Questions must be asked:
Why would anyone do it?
Who would do it?

I cannot for a minute think that anyone involved in the association (whether as a player/official) would be involved. Why? Because I have a little bit of faith in all players/officials concerned that they would be above such destructive behaviour.

The association and it's executive are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I don't believe they could have made a decision that would have been fair on all clubs concerned. I did not see the extent of the damage, but by the sounds of it, more than a week would have been required to mend the damage and enable to wickets to be up to scratch for play. More than a week I would suggest.

There are obviously people out there trying to undermine the success of the association. Again 'why' must be asked. I don't know the answer to this. All I know is that the executive try and do the best job they can and they put a lot of time in making the association a success so if anyone has any information about who was behind this speak up now or forever hold your peace.

This is the first time I have looked on this site and the first time I have written anything.

I am astounded at all the garbage that gets put on this website from people unknown to me. I was as shocked as anyone associated with the WSUCCA that all turf wickets were dug up. I don't understand why.

Questions must be asked:
Why would anyone do it?
Who would do it?

I cannot for a minute think that anyone involved in the association (whether as a player/official) would be involved. Why? Because I have a little bit of faith in all players/officials concerned that they would be above such destructive behaviour.

The association and it's executive are damned if they do and damned if they don't. I don't believe they could have made a decision that would have been fair on all clubs concerned. I did not see the extent of the damage, but by the sounds of it, more than a week would have been required to mend the damage and enable to wickets to be up to scratch for play. More than a week I would suggest.

There are obviously people out there trying to undermine the success of the association. Again 'why' must be asked. I don't know the answer to this. All I know is that the executive try and do the best job they can and they put a lot of time in making the association a success so if anyone has any information about who was behind this speak up now or forever hold your peace.

Forbesy;335002 said:

Questions must be asked:
Why would anyone do it?
Who would do it?

Welcome aboard Mr Forbes. I will ask only one question do you think the assoc made the right decision and is this in the Spirit of Cricket.

Forbesy;335002 said:

Questions must be asked:
Why would anyone do it?
Who would do it?

Welcome aboard Mr Forbes. I will ask only one question do you think the assoc made the right decision and is this in the Spirit of Cricket.

Just to clear up a few issues relating to St Andrews.

why is it that every time something goes wrong with this comp it is St Andrews who gets the blame. To blame St Andrews for the Grand final 3 or 4 years ago between Willy and Melton is ridiculous they could not give a stuff who was gonna win that game.

Also why would St Andrews ruin the St Pauls pitch? once again they could not give a stuff who was going to win that game either.

Also to Bigcoq to say a serious investigation needs to be taken place against St Andrews because a seconds player drove past and shouted go sainters get your hand off it mate. the same thing happened the saturday morning as well when they drove past, what do you want a royal commission in regards to the contents of why some guy shouted out go sainters when driving in a car?

why is it that every time something goes wrong with this comp it is St Andrews who gets the blame. To blame St Andrews for the Grand final 3 or 4 years ago between Willy and Melton is ridiculous they could not give a stuff who was gonna win that game.

Also why would St Andrews ruin the St Pauls pitch? once again they could not give a stuff who was going to win that game either.

Also to Bigcoq to say a serious investigation needs to be taken place against St Andrews because a seconds player drove past and shouted go sainters get your hand off it mate. the same thing happened the saturday morning as well when they drove past, what do you want a royal commission in regards to the contents of why some guy shouted out go sainters when driving in a car?

cash game;335015 said:

it was reported that St Andrew players screamed out of there car now ur explaination is absolutely plausable just trying to get clarity in the lead up to the event at hand not blaming anyone champ just asking questions trying to decipher fact from rumour is all dont get all sensitive mate your in a granny.
if you read my posts i havent accussed anyone just trying to put hear say to bed. if a investigation is not called then the assoc is a joke.

cash game;335015 said:

it was reported that St Andrew players screamed out of there car now ur explaination is absolutely plausable just trying to get clarity in the lead up to the event at hand not blaming anyone champ just asking questions trying to decipher fact from rumour is all dont get all sensitive mate your in a granny.
if you read my posts i havent accussed anyone just trying to put hear say to bed. if a investigation is not called then the assoc is a joke.

fair enough both congs and roosters might not have been in winning positions but at the same time 214 in a final is a tough chase and 37 run with 4 wickets in hand is still a good position especially when the deck had two days to dry. im with most people a full investigation must be held and a meeting with a club offical with all turf side to come up with something for the future or else this will keep happening, regardless if its a team,offical or somebody outside the comp this can happen this weekend whats to stop it? i feel as though the alternate grounds shouldve been used on monday as a one dayer or a replay two dayer this week. this comp was looking ok a week ago with the possiblity of two turf grades and some new teams this season but if they dont act and change the decision and abort the granny for a week i can safely say the turf grade is doomed. all the blokes i played against this season any the many prior to this it just sucks because there all fantastic blokes theres always the odd cockhead but you get that. THIS MUST BE FIXED ASAP. i hope gooky or coxy or any offical read these posts some are shit but you can learn alot from some wise people on this forum.

fair enough both congs and roosters might not have been in winning positions but at the same time 214 in a final is a tough chase and 37 run with 4 wickets in hand is still a good position especially when the deck had two days to dry. im with most people a full investigation must be held and a meeting with a club offical with all turf side to come up with something for the future or else this will keep happening, regardless if its a team,offical or somebody outside the comp this can happen this weekend whats to stop it? i feel as though the alternate grounds shouldve been used on monday as a one dayer or a replay two dayer this week. this comp was looking ok a week ago with the possiblity of two turf grades and some new teams this season but if they dont act and change the decision and abort the granny for a week i can safely say the turf grade is doomed. all the blokes i played against this season any the many prior to this it just sucks because there all fantastic blokes theres always the odd cockhead but you get that. THIS MUST BE FIXED ASAP. i hope gooky or coxy or any offical read these posts some are shit but you can learn alot from some wise people on this forum.

BigCoq;335018 said:

I yelled out from my car as i do all the time when i see my mates. And yes i was on the way to our matting semi in which i played. Sorry if that offends anyone. Alot of people out there know how much time and effort goes into cricket each year, You also know how we were kicked out by the hockey club because of the commonwealth games and that we were down to our last 300 bucks and our clubrooms were in a players house and also the tireless work of Bruce Alphey, Killer, Gordy and a few others over time have rebuilt the club to where we are right at the minute. I give all my spare time to the club sometimes at the chargrin of the missus and to come on here and read the comments posted by people just makes me want to throw it all away. I know most of the people who post hereand have spent lots of time drinking with you guys after a game and enjoying a chat im sure that you all know me which is fine but to smash my club just gives me a kick in the guts.
IF THE PERSON IS CAUGHT IS FROM ST. ANDREWS HE WILL BE BANNED FROM THE CLUB FOR LIFE. I want to attract new people to my club but things like whats going on here does not help. I thought cards were given for some of the crap that gets posted here.

BigCoq;335018 said:

I yelled out from my car as i do all the time when i see my mates. And yes i was on the way to our matting semi in which i played. Sorry if that offends anyone. Alot of people out there know how much time and effort goes into cricket each year, You also know how we were kicked out by the hockey club because of the commonwealth games and that we were down to our last 300 bucks and our clubrooms were in a players house and also the tireless work of Bruce Alphey, Killer, Gordy and a few others over time have rebuilt the club to where we are right at the minute. I give all my spare time to the club sometimes at the chargrin of the missus and to come on here and read the comments posted by people just makes me want to throw it all away. I know most of the people who post hereand have spent lots of time drinking with you guys after a game and enjoying a chat im sure that you all know me which is fine but to smash my club just gives me a kick in the guts.
IF THE PERSON IS CAUGHT IS FROM ST. ANDREWS HE WILL BE BANNED FROM THE CLUB FOR LIFE. I want to attract new people to my club but things like whats going on here does not help. I thought cards were given for some of the crap that gets posted here.

Well said Borntigerfan. You and your committe are doing a very good job and dont worry about a hand full of d**k heads such as Give It UP, Stump Cam, Latecut99 and Big Coq who come out and make stupid accusations without any proof. I am a past player at St Andrews, my father is a Life Member and my brothers still play at the club and yes the club has been through its ups and downs but not for one moment would this club scoop to these measures to win a game of cricket. As the President has said if it was a player then I am sure St Andrews would ban them for life, and would also pass the info straight onto the Association to hand out any punishment they wish.

As a player and umpire for this Association over the past 22 years I have met many top blokes and spent some time with many clubs. One of the great clubs to have spent time with over the years has been the Altona Roosters. From the early years getting to know guys like Knocka Norris and Alan Broadbent and to todays newer players such as Pots and Buckets it was always great to either play or umpire you guys. But over the last couple of days to hear some of your players accuse the St Andrews Cricket Club of performing these discusting acts without any evidence is quite unfair and disrespectful. For years both clubs have had a great relationship where we have played hard on the field then had a few beers together and even had joint social functions together off the ground. I feel sorry for you guys and I think you have been hard done by by the Associations decision but pointing the finger at St Andrews Cricket Club is pretty low.

I hope all clubs can work together to find these ****s.

Well said Borntigerfan. You and your committe are doing a very good job and dont worry about a hand full of d**k heads such as Give It UP, Stump Cam, Latecut99 and Big Coq who come out and make stupid accusations without any proof. I am a past player at St Andrews, my father is a Life Member and my brothers still play at the club and yes the club has been through its ups and downs but not for one moment would this club scoop to these measures to win a game of cricket. As the President has said if it was a player then I am sure St Andrews would ban them for life, and would also pass the info straight onto the Association to hand out any punishment they wish.

As a player and umpire for this Association over the past 22 years I have met many top blokes and spent some time with many clubs. One of the great clubs to have spent time with over the years has been the Altona Roosters. From the early years getting to know guys like Knocka Norris and Alan Broadbent and to todays newer players such as Pots and Buckets it was always great to either play or umpire you guys. But over the last couple of days to hear some of your players accuse the St Andrews Cricket Club of performing these discusting acts without any evidence is quite unfair and disrespectful. For years both clubs have had a great relationship where we have played hard on the field then had a few beers together and even had joint social functions together off the ground. I feel sorry for you guys and I think you have been hard done by by the Associations decision but pointing the finger at St Andrews Cricket Club is pretty low.

bouncer 7/56;334704 said:
St Johns old boys should have been in A GRADE this season, they won 2 B Grade premierships in a row. How can anyone justify keeping them in B Grade:confused: That decision has me absolutley stumped. If someone can clarify that for me, please do. Tayls, maybe you can shed some light on that........

B7/56

I think if they were to go to A Grade they would get flogged; we are talking about at least 10 blokes over the age of 45 (At least 5 over 50) who struggle in the field. I think to keep St John's going for a little while longer then we need these blokes around and B grade is the level that suits them. All these blokes are after is to be competitive and play cricket with their mates. I don't think that it's worth denying them that. I find it absolutely amazing that they keep winning; yesterday they were out of the game for at least a session but the pressure of chasing runs got to Melton South. I feel sorry for them but they were also the ones that were spruiking (during the game mind you!) that they were going to win easy. Funny how those things come back to bite sometimes.

bouncer 7/56;334704 said:
St Johns old boys should have been in A GRADE this season, they won 2 B Grade premierships in a row. How can anyone justify keeping them in B Grade:confused: That decision has me absolutley stumped. If someone can clarify that for me, please do. Tayls, maybe you can shed some light on that........

B7/56

I think if they were to go to A Grade they would get flogged; we are talking about at least 10 blokes over the age of 45 (At least 5 over 50) who struggle in the field. I think to keep St John's going for a little while longer then we need these blokes around and B grade is the level that suits them. All these blokes are after is to be competitive and play cricket with their mates. I don't think that it's worth denying them that. I find it absolutely amazing that they keep winning; yesterday they were out of the game for at least a session but the pressure of chasing runs got to Melton South. I feel sorry for them but they were also the ones that were spruiking (during the game mind you!) that they were going to win easy. Funny how those things come back to bite sometimes.

Billy Bowden;335058 said:

Billy...i for one agree with your comments!! to make any accusations on this board is wrong and i wish to clear somethings up here and now!!
1st... no-one has any credible proof that anyone from any club is even remotly capable of doing these acts...
2nd...our club is taking action to the comp..regarding the action and choices that three members of the executive took on Monday, this may or may not result in legal action or the roosters finding another comp to play in!!
3rd...All rubbish aside i cannot believe that anybody from St Andrews is in anyway part of this act of pure hatred. i have played against St Andrews for over 30 years and the current crop of players to me seem to be above this type of behaviour.
4th...as a long time rooster i can fully understand where the players anger is coming from, however it's the executive that should be feeling the heat. That is until real proof is brought to us...then we will get our revenge...no worries there!!
Lastly.... How anyone can come onto this website and talk up what the executive did on Monday is beyond me...there is only one way to settle this and that is on the ground with a red ball and two batsmen...so come on you guys from the executive, put some common sense in play here and lets finish the games on saturday... :mad::mad::mad:

Billy Bowden;335058 said:

Billy...i for one agree with your comments!! to make any accusations on this board is wrong and i wish to clear somethings up here and now!!
1st... no-one has any credible proof that anyone from any club is even remotly capable of doing these acts...
2nd...our club is taking action to the comp..regarding the action and choices that three members of the executive took on Monday, this may or may not result in legal action or the roosters finding another comp to play in!!
3rd...All rubbish aside i cannot believe that anybody from St Andrews is in anyway part of this act of pure hatred. i have played against St Andrews for over 30 years and the current crop of players to me seem to be above this type of behaviour.
4th...as a long time rooster i can fully understand where the players anger is coming from, however it's the executive that should be feeling the heat. That is until real proof is brought to us...then we will get our revenge...no worries there!!
Lastly.... How anyone can come onto this website and talk up what the executive did on Monday is beyond me...there is only one way to settle this and that is on the ground with a red ball and two batsmen...so come on you guys from the executive, put some common sense in play here and lets finish the games on saturday... :mad::mad::mad:

I hope this all gets sorted out quickly.

I hope that common sense prevails.

I hope that we don't point the finger of blame until we're 100 percent sure on who committed this terrible act. No point in abusing anyone for our perceived reasons why they would do this.

I hope that clubs don't get disheartened and move on because I have thoroughly enjoyed playing cricket against all competitors over the last few years.

The one positive thing about our competition is that we play hard on the ground and generally all clubs are friendly off it. Don't let that go to waste guys!

I hope this all gets sorted out quickly.

I hope that common sense prevails.

I hope that we don't point the finger of blame until we're 100 percent sure on who committed this terrible act. No point in abusing anyone for our perceived reasons why they would do this.

I hope that clubs don't get disheartened and move on because I have thoroughly enjoyed playing cricket against all competitors over the last few years.

The one positive thing about our competition is that we play hard on the ground and generally all clubs are friendly off it. Don't let that go to waste guys!

and another thing ...sorry guys having been reading this stuff all day and still a little hungover from yesterday...for those out there that feel it is only the guys from Congs and Roosters that have been ripped off by this...there is more the St Andrews guys and Melton Central would both love to have gotten through on there own merits, however some filthy scumsucking coward took that opportunity from all 44 players....absolutly no winners in this farcical situation. For those that haven't quite worked it out yet i'm totally blaming the comp for this......

and another thing ...sorry guys having been reading this stuff all day and still a little hungover from yesterday...for those out there that feel it is only the guys from Congs and Roosters that have been ripped off by this...there is more the St Andrews guys and Melton Central would both love to have gotten through on there own merits, however some filthy scumsucking coward took that opportunity from all 44 players....absolutly no winners in this farcical situation. For those that haven't quite worked it out yet i'm totally blaming the comp for this......

YEH HACK - Must agree with your last point. Seems the most obvious and fairest solution.
Continue games as matches stand next sat
G.F. Following sat / sun

TAYALS - Also agree with you about these old boys. Just let em have fun and play some cricket together. Not going to be playing forever!!!

It's probably more important to sort out individual player gradings or you will
always have people like that hero Axford fella from Meltdown Sth that delights in batting against kids everyweek in C Grade
Also Hoppers have brought in players of better standard than E grade also

YEH HACK - Must agree with your last point. Seems the most obvious and fairest solution.
Continue games as matches stand next sat
G.F. Following sat / sun

TAYALS - Also agree with you about these old boys. Just let em have fun and play some cricket together. Not going to be playing forever!!!

It's probably more important to sort out individual player gradings or you will
always have people like that hero Axford fella from Meltdown Sth that delights in batting against kids everyweek in C Grade
Also Hoppers have brought in players of better standard than E grade also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back