Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

NEED FOR SPEED;336062 said:
funny no-one knows where game is to be played. Wonder why??? Doh :confused:
only guessing or plucking from your a-se if you think you may know!!

Coq more like the greek adonis i think!! :eek:

Getting back to old posts #1484/#1486 regarding people taking up challenge to help out executive
coq maybe sit alongside or join them as you seem to know a few ideas and solutions that could help. :D

Barryhall, umpires could wear budgie smugglers at beach g.f :D
bang on champ have no interest getting into bed with fossils/antiques.
for me this comp is dead just like there ideas. Sorry but we have been apart of churches for 75 yrs but sadly we have been forced to walk the desert for 40 days and see who will tempt us.
Im sure i met the DEVIL last night.
i am reverting to Budhism renouncing Christianity.AMEN!
speedy give us a clue leggies or offies.

NEED FOR SPEED;336062 said:
funny no-one knows where game is to be played. Wonder why??? Doh :confused:
only guessing or plucking from your a-se if you think you may know!!

Coq more like the greek adonis i think!! :eek:

Getting back to old posts #1484/#1486 regarding people taking up challenge to help out executive
coq maybe sit alongside or join them as you seem to know a few ideas and solutions that could help. :D

Barryhall, umpires could wear budgie smugglers at beach g.f :D
bang on champ have no interest getting into bed with fossils/antiques.
for me this comp is dead just like there ideas. Sorry but we have been apart of churches for 75 yrs but sadly we have been forced to walk the desert for 40 days and see who will tempt us.
Im sure i met the DEVIL last night.
i am reverting to Budhism renouncing Christianity.AMEN!
speedy give us a clue leggies or offies.

This is Darryl Tubbs from Williamstown Congs

There have been a lot of things said over the last few days behind closed doors, in club rooms and on this forum that are far from the truth. Here is what transpired.

Michael Callus got it going on Tuesday night about replaying the semi finals this Saturday & Sunday with the Grand Final to be played the following Saturday & Sunday. He has spoken to Jeff Evans on a regular basis since Monday and Joffa’s view did not change from the 1st conversation Mick had with him. Jeff Evans was very much in support of replaying the semi final this week, BUT would do whatever the WSUCCA Executive directed him to do. So it is wrong where people have said that Joffa did not want to replay the game.

Williamstown Congs and Altona Roosters obviously wanted to replay the game.

Mick spoke to Matthew Pipczak on Tuesday night and he told him that he couldn’t make that decision on his own and was having a meeting with the players on Wednesday night at 6.30pm to discuss it.

There was an executive meeting held at Angliss Res last night to discuss the issue. St Andrews went in first and said they wanted to go through to the Grand Final and not replay the semi. Melton Centrals went in next and Jeff Evans said to the comp executive what he said to Mick earlier, that he will do whatever the Association Executive Committee decide to do. If that is to play the semi this weekend then that’s what we’ll do, or if it is to play in the GF this week, we’ll do that as well. He left the room and was called back in 5 min later and was told by the executive committee, that they were playing in the Grand Final this week.

I think it is wrong to blame clubs or name people without proof of who perpetrated this act. All they have done is wrecked what looked like 2 good games of cricket.

Fine Legs – If you are in fact a Congs player, please refrain from making inflammatory statements about who you think did it. If we have no proof of who dug the pitch, don’t name or blame anyone.

Big Coq – I got back into town last night and spent the next hour or so reading all the posts, so l thought l would come on.

Michael Callus should be congratulated for his efforts in trying to get the game replayed, but his efforts fell on deaf ears.

I will not bag the association on this issue, because whatever decision they came to, would upset 2 of the clubs. They are in a no win situation. If people want to make changes, go to the Association AGM and put your hand up to go on the committee and see what work they do. I know how hard they work, because l have been on the association executive for quite a few years. I only hope they learn from this and put rules in place next season so this doesn’t happen again.

There have been a lot of things said over the last few days behind closed doors, in club rooms and on this forum that are far from the truth. Here is what transpired.

Michael Callus got it going on Tuesday night about replaying the semi finals this Saturday & Sunday with the Grand Final to be played the following Saturday & Sunday. He has spoken to Jeff Evans on a regular basis since Monday and Joffa’s view did not change from the 1st conversation Mick had with him. Jeff Evans was very much in support of replaying the semi final this week, BUT would do whatever the WSUCCA Executive directed him to do. So it is wrong where people have said that Joffa did not want to replay the game.

Mick spoke to Matthew Pipczak on Tuesday night and he told him that he couldn’t make that decision on his own and was having a meeting with the players on Wednesday night at 6.30pm to discuss it.

There was an executive meeting held at Angliss Res last night to discuss the issue. St Andrews went in first and said they wanted to go through to the Grand Final and not replay the semi. Melton Centrals went in next and Jeff Evans said to the comp executive what he said to Mick earlier, that he will do whatever the Association Executive Committee decide to do. If that is to play the semi this weekend then that’s what we’ll do, or if it is to play in the GF this week, we’ll do that as well. He left the room and was called back in 5 min later and was told by the executive committee, that they were playing in the Grand Final this week.

I think it is wrong to blame clubs or name people without proof of who perpetrated this act. All they have done is wrecked what looked like 2 good games of cricket.

Fine Legs – If you are in fact a Congs player, please refrain from making inflammatory statements about who you think did it. If we have no proof of who dug the pitch, don’t name or blame anyone.

Big Coq – I got back into town last night and spent the next hour or so reading all the posts, so l thought l would come on.

Michael Callus should be congratulated for his efforts in trying to get the game replayed, but his efforts fell on deaf ears.

I will not bag the association on this issue, because whatever decision they came to, would upset 2 of the clubs. They are in a no win situation. If people want to make changes, go to the Association AGM and put your hand up to go on the committee and see what work they do. I know how hard they work, because l have been on the association executive for quite a few years. I only hope they learn from this and put rules in place next season so this doesn’t happen again.

Well everyone I'm sorry that it didn't work out. I was looking forward to seeing the finals as a spectator this year. The games were well poised for interesting finishes to say the least. Unfortunately we'll never know the true results. Realistically we know that cricket is a funny game and that either match could've been won by either team. The most disappointing thing for me is that people have been getting on and accusing others without proof of anything, whether it's about who dug up the pitches and who said what behind closed doors.

The only thing we can get from this situation is put in a rule to see that justice is done in future IF this sort of thing happens again (that's if the turf competition survives; I can't see many councils/organisations wanting to allow us to use their facilities in future) I really do hope that the competition can survive, learn and grow from this experience. I also hope that those people that have ideas and want to have more of a say in the association put their hand up to joing the executive committee; that's the only real way to make the changes that you see as necessary.

To Tubbsy, thanks for getting on and clearing things up. It's good to hear what has been going on so that people can stop speculating and just get on with things.

Looking forward to seeing some good cricket on the weekend particularly from a bunch of old blokes who just keep on keeping on :confused: How do they do it? Must be their training regime (or lack thereof hahahaha)

Go St John's!!!!

Well everyone I'm sorry that it didn't work out. I was looking forward to seeing the finals as a spectator this year. The games were well poised for interesting finishes to say the least. Unfortunately we'll never know the true results. Realistically we know that cricket is a funny game and that either match could've been won by either team. The most disappointing thing for me is that people have been getting on and accusing others without proof of anything, whether it's about who dug up the pitches and who said what behind closed doors.

The only thing we can get from this situation is put in a rule to see that justice is done in future IF this sort of thing happens again (that's if the turf competition survives; I can't see many councils/organisations wanting to allow us to use their facilities in future) I really do hope that the competition can survive, learn and grow from this experience. I also hope that those people that have ideas and want to have more of a say in the association put their hand up to joing the executive committee; that's the only real way to make the changes that you see as necessary.

To Tubbsy, thanks for getting on and clearing things up. It's good to hear what has been going on so that people can stop speculating and just get on with things.

Looking forward to seeing some good cricket on the weekend particularly from a bunch of old blokes who just keep on keeping on :confused: How do they do it? Must be their training regime (or lack thereof hahahaha)

Go St John's!!!!

Darryl T;336080 said:

at the end of the day tubbsy is right......however i don't think most roosters willever forgive the comp for this weeks events...a supreme court injunction hey big coq? wouldn't that be great to serve it on Claudy tomorrow and stop the Grannie.....

Darryl T;336080 said:

at the end of the day tubbsy is right......however i don't think most roosters willever forgive the comp for this weeks events...a supreme court injunction hey big coq? wouldn't that be great to serve it on Claudy tomorrow and stop the Grannie.....

Shaved_Plums;335994 said:
So what you are saying is that you had an independant scorer and a twelfth man at the gorund, is this correct? And what Baz said is said every week of the season - so GROW UP and stop clutching at straws!!! If you want to blame us and clearly you do then so be it, but to use that as your proof is just rediculous.

no we didn't, i never said that. what i said was that pipsak didn't want us to get a sub on, he wanted us to field with 10. he wanted to win anyway possible. i didn't mention anything about a 12th man or independant scorer. anyway, whats it to him who's coming on the ground as a sub? he should just shut up and try and beat us fair and square. hang on, sorry, that was proved on sunday night that he knew you couldn't beat us. also, check with your president about not having an option about replaying the semi. get your facts right you tool. again, cowards, loser, weak maggot c..ts. hope you all die you ST SCUMBAGS DOGS!

Shaved_Plums;335994 said:
So what you are saying is that you had an independant scorer and a twelfth man at the gorund, is this correct? And what Baz said is said every week of the season - so GROW UP and stop clutching at straws!!! If you want to blame us and clearly you do then so be it, but to use that as your proof is just rediculous.

no we didn't, i never said that. what i said was that pipsak didn't want us to get a sub on, he wanted us to field with 10. he wanted to win anyway possible. i didn't mention anything about a 12th man or independant scorer. anyway, whats it to him who's coming on the ground as a sub? he should just shut up and try and beat us fair and square. hang on, sorry, that was proved on sunday night that he knew you couldn't beat us. also, check with your president about not having an option about replaying the semi. get your facts right you tool. again, cowards, loser, weak maggot c..ts. hope you all die you ST SCUMBAGS DOGS!

I don't need to remind you all that posts in full caps are not permitted nor will posts that include multiple sentences of caps also.

Whilst I empathise with what has happened, it is no reason to start shouting, abusing and using frequent and very poor language towards certain groups or at each other. You wouldn't do it to people outside of BigCricket so that's no excuse to start doing the same here.

What has happened has happened and can't be changed. So let's debate the topic without resorting to insults, abuse and people using capital letters.

I don't need to remind you all that posts in full caps are not permitted nor will posts that include multiple sentences of caps also.

Whilst I empathise with what has happened, it is no reason to start shouting, abusing and using frequent and very poor language towards certain groups or at each other. You wouldn't do it to people outside of BigCricket so that's no excuse to start doing the same here.

What has happened has happened and can't be changed. So let's debate the topic without resorting to insults, abuse and people using capital letters.

Tubbs is right, don't name people, as no one for sure knows who did it. No one likes to be blamed for something they never did. But the word around the traps is that people are 99% sure they know who the diggers are!

Tayls - What l'm saying is, you have won 2 flags in a row in that grade. So surely you should have gone up a grade. I know 80% of the team is over 45 and they all seem to be good blokes. But you must agree, If you win it this year (and you are a big chance) you have to go up to A grade next season.

Tubbs is right, don't name people, as no one for sure knows who did it. No one likes to be blamed for something they never did. But the word around the traps is that people are 99% sure they know who the diggers are!

Tayls - What l'm saying is, you have won 2 flags in a row in that grade. So surely you should have gone up a grade. I know 80% of the team is over 45 and they all seem to be good blokes. But you must agree, If you win it this year (and you are a big chance) you have to go up to A grade next season.

bouncer 7/56;336124 said:

B 7/56 I think what you will find is that IF they continue next year they may have to; I agree, but I am not sure they will do it. I would say it will be the last game for a few of them over the next two Saturdays anyway. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. We'll have to try and source some new players after this season, no matter what.

On the other part of your message I totally agree; no finger pointing without evidence. The only way we will be sure of who it was is through video evidence from St Pauls, but I doubt that anything will be found out anyway. Until then we should probably not assume anything. You know what they say about assuming don't you?:D

bouncer 7/56;336124 said:

B 7/56 I think what you will find is that IF they continue next year they may have to; I agree, but I am not sure they will do it. I would say it will be the last game for a few of them over the next two Saturdays anyway. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. We'll have to try and source some new players after this season, no matter what.

On the other part of your message I totally agree; no finger pointing without evidence. The only way we will be sure of who it was is through video evidence from St Pauls, but I doubt that anything will be found out anyway. Until then we should probably not assume anything. You know what they say about assuming don't you?:D

Gday Everyone. Everyone has had their say regarding the turf issue, so I thought I would talk a little cricket and give me Grand Final Tips.

Turf - I think St Andrews will beat Melton Centrals. They beat them by 100 runs earlier this year and I think they will be to strong again for them.

A Grade - Melton South to beat Werribee Centrals

B Grade - Altona Sports to beat St Johns

C Grade - Melton South to beat Footscray United

D Grade - Albion to beat Altona

E Grade - Hoppers Crossing to beat Williamstown Imps

Good Luck to all participants.

Gday Everyone. Everyone has had their say regarding the turf issue, so I thought I would talk a little cricket and give me Grand Final Tips.

Turf - I think St Andrews will beat Melton Centrals. They beat them by 100 runs earlier this year and I think they will be to strong again for them.

A Grade - Melton South to beat Werribee Centrals

B Grade - Altona Sports to beat St Johns

C Grade - Melton South to beat Footscray United

D Grade - Albion to beat Altona

E Grade - Hoppers Crossing to beat Williamstown Imps

Good Luck to all participants.

lucky;336358 said:
where is the GF being played for turf?

I think it might possibly be at one of the Sub District Grounds (i.e - Yarraville or Sunshine).

As you know none of the Churches grounds are ready and I don't think the Roosters will be doing the Association any favours by preparing a wicket at Altona Green

lucky;336358 said:

I think it might possibly be at one of the Sub District Grounds (i.e - Yarraville or Sunshine).

As you know none of the Churches grounds are ready and I don't think the Roosters will be doing the Association any favours by preparing a wicket at Altona Green

lucky;336358 said:

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its Top Secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
find out on Saturday morning!

lucky;336358 said:

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its Top Secret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
find out on Saturday morning!

Billy Bowden;336372 said:

Champ who is doing the Granny? Why not you Forbesy does StJohns.

Billy Bowden;336372 said:

lucky;336358 said:

The talk before all the crap that has taken place was that Gooky had secured Yarraville oval but we will just have to wait and see!:confused:

lucky;336358 said:

The talk before all the crap that has taken place was that Gooky had secured Yarraville oval but we will just have to wait and see!:confused:

BigCoq;336380 said:

I believe its Gooky and Forbesy doing the Grand Final. I just umpire where I am told mate. Haven't umpired St Andrews at all this year. I have really enjoyed umpiring this year and felt I had improved a lot from previous years. At least I should get 2 days pay this game. LOL :D

BigCoq;336380 said:

I believe its Gooky and Forbesy doing the Grand Final. I just umpire where I am told mate. Haven't umpired St Andrews at all this year. I have really enjoyed umpiring this year and felt I had improved a lot from previous years. At least I should get 2 days pay this game. LOL :D

Billy Bowden;336385 said:

enjoy the matts mate.
we still dont know what were doing.
they are knocking down our rooms next week so im thinking we take a sledge to them early.

Billy Bowden;336385 said:

enjoy the matts mate.
we still dont know what were doing.
they are knocking down our rooms next week so im thinking we take a sledge to them early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back