WHAT HAPPENED

Not saying my answer was terrorists in 1967 but in response to your clue. I did add if the '67 event had anything to do with the Suez Canal.

Hot..,♨️. .. very hot .. 🔥🔥🔥

I think it had and it was neither a terrorist attack nor a disaster but an political decision, the closure of the Suez Canal in 1967 for eight years.

Perfect! 👏
it was the start of the closure of the Suez canal in 1967! .....

Craig and Thomas,
I call that a draw so please decide who's next between yourselves.

My eldest brother nearly went broke because of the Suez canal crisis.

Cheers, Terry

PS: Good idea Craig about a birthday list of dates by private message for our friendly far flung fellowship. 🙂

Hi Jessica, very nice to see you back. :)

I'm in the busy lane currently helping organise a very recently close friend's funeral, house, ... his sister from Tasmania stays with me on and off as needed and it's full on work.

Here's an easy one in the interim,

What big "nautical transport/financial/ international political" calamity happened in 1967?

It's almost happening again today. 💥
Nice to see you back too Terry 🤗
I've been so busy with work, sometimes wish I could retire early. 🤔

Understood Jessica. You are quite a gal. Come on when you can as you know we all miss you when you are absent from our little circle..
Because I'm earning just above the threshold I am not entitled to government help for winter fuel, it's annoying as those that sit back on benefits get everything handed to them on a plate.

Thanks Craig, that was a non googled lucky guess. I remembered seeing black and white old photos of the aftermath. It looked dreadful. It's a big earthquake region next to the San Andreas fault line i think.Tectonic plates colliding.

Unless Jessica has time to have a go, or Thomas, I'd be happy to do one but I'm still busy helping Steve's Tassie sister organise it all like legalities, cleaning, sorting, slide show, constant phone calls, ...and the Wake afterwards .... The theme is sad to mellow to mostly jovial with lots of Monty Python songs .... Steve insisted to his sister he wanted to be buried by women only, I jokingly suggested Valkyries' costumes. 😉 13 hand maidens of Odin to take him to Valhalla?

Last edited:
Back