WHAT HAPPENED

Have a feeling it is to do with abandoning the 13 British colonies after the declaration of the War of Independence, which is pretty much what you are implying too Terry.

You and your ambiguous replies Thomas. ;) In what sense?
Now I could quote you by saying "it is for you to find out" (see above) ;) . OK, politics is a wide field and comprises a lot of spheres of activity, e.g. social, economic, governmental -just to name a few. In my case it's financial, a major decision that had to be taken by the newly-founded American states. (Terry). What was it?

Now I could quote you by saying "it is for you to find out" (see above) ;) . OK, politics is a wide field and comprises a lot of spheres of activity, e.g. social, economic, governmental -just to name a few. In my case it's financial, a major decision that had to be taken by the newly-founded American states. (Terry). What was it?
The internal battle George Washington waged against Congress to give him the money so his Continental Army could continue to wage war against the British..

Last edited:
The internal battle George Washington waged against Congress to give him the money so his Continental Army could continue to wage war against the British..
How long Washington and his Continental Army could afford to finance the war against the British?
I don't see the second sentence anymore.

Now it's getting hot: WHAT money should be spent and HOW could the war be financed at all, respectively? Answering these two questions required a more fundamental decision as a prerequisite before they could talk about the amount of money and the duration of spending money. What was it?

Hint: You feel the consequences of that decision on your fingers every day.

I don't see the second sentence anymore.

Now it's getting hot: WHAT money should be spent and HOW could the war be financed at all, respectively? Answering these two questions required a more fundamental decision as a prerequisite before they could talk about the amount of money and the duration of spending money. What was it?

Hint: You feel the consequences of that decision on your fingers every day.
You mean Congress were going to print their own money.

Last edited:
Currency exchange with other countries?

Passports?

Taxation?
:thumbsu:That's an answer coming closest to what happened: currency takeover from the USA.

Solution:
To pay for the war, the 13 North American colonies printed their own so-called "continental" banknotes. (First step mentioned by Craig) However, these only remained in circulation for a short time. In 1792, the fledgling United States finally settled on its current currency, the US dollar. Second and final step with aftereffects on AUS because from Australia to Namibia to Singapore to Jamaica, many formerly colonized countries then used the "dollar" in the names of their currencies and tied them to the US dollar. You can feel the consequences on your fingertips when paying cash, so to speak.
The word "dollar", BTW, comes from the medieval European currency "Thaler" coined by the Habsburg duke Siegmund the Rich in Coin and was introduced to America by Dutch settlers who called it "Daler".

Last edited:
Back