Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think that people will reveal their identities once the finals finish or just after the home and away season?

we should come to an agreement, not so much names, but just clubs and team in that club.

has anyone done any research on past posts that they could share with the forum?

I wouldn't worry about it Punter. I wouldn't think people are going to reveal themselves.

S
Top 5 run scorers
---------------------
Ellis - 358 @ 51.54
Aldons - 348 @ 58
Lawton - 323 @ 40.38
Thompson - 315 @ 52.5
Wright - 308 @ 44

Any surprises here? Parsons(206) and Fernon(130) would be the disappointments for me. Tongue has 284 and 6th on list. Aldons has done very well this year. Captaincy must agree with him. Lawton is new to Canterbury. Does anybody know where he come from? Ellis has had a good year, I am not sure he is that good. Thompson and Wright continue to knock out runs. Hargreaves and Vance also high on list. Mont Albert have plenty of batting talent.

Surpised Coxy isn't further up the list. He is a gun! Dan Sturgess has had a poor season.To top it off apparently he got reported a couple of times on the weekend!

Especially after two clubs had a bond put on them after being found using this forum!
Doesn't matter anyway. Should be talking cricket more in depth. I used MyCricket to put up some stats but lets talk about those guys. Who rates Ellis? Aldons? What are their strengths/weakness. No need to be disrespectful even if you don't rate them that highly. The fact is they have achieved.

S

Surpised Coxy isn't further up the list. He is a gun! Dan Sturgess has had a poor season.To top it off apparently he got reported a couple of times on the weekend!

Especially since he plays on the Ashy postage stamp every second week. If you play at Ashy, Deepdene or Canterbury you should lose 25% of your runs.
Dan Sturgess is a bit over rated I think and a massive hot head. That is not good for a captain. He continues to make pretty good runs though so good luck to him. I think he is strong square of the wicket on the off side but is limited elsewhere. Thoughts?

Happy new year all. Cheers to Magpie & Clam for your kind words re my baby daughter.

Apology accepted to all you tools that said Glen Iris would be relegated.

What a last month of cricket it will be,7 sides still alive in my books....
Skevs are better than there ladder position states and will be playing Dunstan next year.
Congrats to Rich City for showing some ticker and shaping the top 4...
Good luck to all teams on T20 Tuesday.

Welcome to all fellow new members,dont be scared to sledge some of the tools on here.

Happy new year all. Cheers to Magpie & Clam for your kind words re my baby daughter.

Apology accepted to all you tools that said Glen Iris would be relegated.

What a last month of cricket it will be,7 sides still alive in my books....
Skevs are better than there ladder position states and will be playing Dunstan next year.
Congrats to Rich City for showing some ticker and shaping the top 4...
Good luck to all teams on T20 Tuesday.

Welcome to all fellow new members,dont be scared to sledge some of the tools on here.

What is the point sledging in an anonymous forum?

Especially since he plays on the Ashy postage stamp every second week. If you play at Ashy, Deepdene or Canterbury you should lose 25% of your runs.
Dan Sturgess is a bit over rated I think and a massive hot head. That is not good for a captain. He continues to make pretty good runs though so good luck to him. I think he is strong square of the wicket on the off side but is limited elsewhere. Thoughts?

very true! althought ashy have showed that you dont need big scores, just bowl well, they have only scored over 200 runs once this year and that was last week and theyre on top! you would think playing at ashy park most weeks you would get big scores.

Top 5 run scorers
---------------------
Ellis - 358 @ 51.54
Aldons - 348 @ 58
Lawton - 323 @ 40.38
Thompson - 315 @ 52.5
Wright - 308 @ 44

Any surprises here? Parsons(206) and Fernon(130) would be the disappointments for me. Tongue has 284 and 6th on list. Aldons has done very well this year. Captaincy must agree with him. Lawton is new to Canterbury. Does anybody know where he come from? Ellis has had a good year, I am not sure he is that good. Thompson and Wright continue to knock out runs. Hargreaves and Vance also high on list. Mont Albert have plenty of batting talent.

Well with Ellis you take out the 160, then he has made 190 in 7 digs. Aldons, Wright and Thompson are all class players. Don't know much about lawton. Didn't make any against us. With Toungey it is very easy to make runs at 7 (where 50%+ of those runs are made when you have passed their score or the track is flat, the ball is old etc). But for someone of his ability, I would like to see him take some initative in the top 4. He definately has the skill to bat in the top 4 in pretty much anyside in the comp. Hargraves is a good player and definately backs it up with his mouth. Vance is a gun, wait until he bowls more.

Very disappointed in Parsons, Sturgess, Fernon and Wilson from Canterbury. There are 3 dunstan medallists in that group and Sturgess has been making runs for years. If they lift so will their respective sides. That will help with relegation battles and finals pushes.

Bulleen have not scored big totals either but are up there. They needed more than the 103 all out they made against RC though. They haven't had any real outstanding performers. They may have intimidated a bit with big names. Will be interesting to see how they go for the rest of the season. Ashy seem to be the surprising team for me. The seem to gelling well. Finals are still a long way off yet though.

Well with Ellis you take out the 160, then he has made 190 in 7 digs. Aldons, Wright and Thompson are all class players. Don't know much about lawton. Didn't make any against us. With Toungey it is very easy to make runs at 7 (where 50%+ of those runs are made when you have passed their score or the track is flat, the ball is old etc). But for someone of his ability, I would like to see him take some initative in the top 4. He definately has the skill to bat in the top 4 in pretty much anyside in the comp. Hargraves is a good player and definately backs it up with his mouth. Vance is a gun, wait until he bowls more.

Very disappointed in Parsons, Sturgess, Fernon and Wilson from Canterbury. There are 3 dunstan medallists in that group and Sturgess has been making runs for years. If they lift so will their respective sides. That will help with relegation battles and finals pushes.

Disappointed with the deepdene boys, they look to have dropped their bundle after the sturgess incident, i hear that he will get a few matches, if they make finals, he might not be there to play!

aldons in my opinion is the best bat going around at the moment, and has showed it. dont know why rob toungue is batting at 7 either, but its working for hawthorn and their pushing finals so he will probably stay there, the only problem with it is if they do have a big collapse, and there is too much for him to do, or the top order bat too long and he only gets a handfull of overs. players with his talent should be forced to bat in top 4 or 5, let him get a big ton!

Good point about Tongue. Definite class act but has only batted at 4 once this season. The rest 6 and 7.
Also good point about Ellis. 157 was made at Canterbury which is a joke ground. Seems to be good for 40 odd though.
Ashy + Bears are small but good grounds. Canterbury should be a D,E or F turf ground.

Disappointed with the deepdene boys, they look to have dropped their bundle after the sturgess incident, i hear that he will get a few matches, if they make finals, he might not be there to play!

aldons in my opinion is the best bat going around at the moment, and has showed it. dont know why rob toungue is batting at 7 either, but its working for hawthorn and their pushing finals so he will probably stay there, the only problem with it is if they do have a big collapse, and there is too much for him to do, or the top order bat too long and he only gets a handfull of overs. players with his talent should be forced to bat in top 4 or 5, let him get a big ton!

I don't agree with Aldons. He has never done anything against us and looked terrible this season with a million plays and misses. Fought hard though and you can't knock his numbers or history in the league.

Please provide some details of the 'Sturgess incident'

what about the bowling, did we decide that miles from ashy must be there pom? because he is killing it, 18 wickets in 7 games is a good return

miles - ashy 18w @ 13.72
abel -GI 17 @ 9.94
mackintosh - RC 17 @12.47
hargraves 16 @ 10.75
liddle 15 @ 15

what about the bowling, did we decide that miles from ashy must be there pom? because he is killing it, 18 wickets in 7 games is a good return

miles - ashy 18w @ 13.72
abel -GI 17 @ 9.94
mackintosh - RC 17 @12.47
hargraves 16 @ 10.75
liddle 15 @ 15

I think that was what was decided. Certainly has no other history in MyCricket. I guess if you are going to score against batters for playing at Ashy you must credit bowlers so pretty good effort for Miles. Abel is a spinner isn't he? Good return, he has done well with the bat as well. Mackintosh and Hargreaves continue to do well. Liddle is new too isn't he. where did he come from. I heard mackintosh took 4 wickets in 1 over against Bulleen.

Please provide some details of the 'Sturgess incident'

I heard that the hawthorn game there was a heated few minutes where other people in the side were getting frustrated and being the captain sturgess got reported. The umpires were new and panicked so as you so know in a situation like that the captain gets reported for not taking charge of his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back