mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

cdca;236876 said:
You blokes from StAndrews dont mind talking yourself up do you?? get over yourself and at least wait to see what your up against! FAIR DINKUM THIS FORUM HAS BECOME THE STANDREWS ******** FEST!!
It took a while to say it CDCA, but you have said what the rest of us are thinking apart from the St.Andrews blokes.
Anyone would think that winning back to back flags has not been done before the way St.Andrews go on about it.

Been there and done that !!!!!
You certainly have inspired me to even greater heights this coming season and be sure the water will be cold and the banter will be more than enough to keep you on your toes.[/QUOTE]
FOS

water! glad i inspired u fos! dont be too harsh on us this season. ohh yeah and in the heat of the moment dont have a cardiac arrest like one of ur st.andrews blokes told me u almost did late in the grand final!
maybe get powerade instead of water more electrolytes and longer lasting energy! i dont want u to wilter wen it gets to the crunch u FOSSIL! :D

p.s cant wait for the battle!
b cricket

whatnogood;265789 said:
Everyone including myself couldn't give a ******** about this forum anymore as too many St Andrew's tools talking shit.
Then we shouldn't see anymore posts from you then "whatnogood"

BYE

Schnauzer;236826 said:
Sounds like there are only 2 teams in this comp. A 2 horse race for the flag already, what about the likes of St Francis (always there abouts), East Coburg (top 4 last year), Merlo, Glenroy (just missed finals last year), Socials (competitive early and fell away towards year end) & West Coburg (unlucky in the past) to name a few. Surely some of these teams could cause some trouble this year.

Anyone out there have any opinions on the clubs above?

Do you think any of them will be able to challenge St Andrews & St Marys this year for the premiership?

St Marys - Need bowlers (whose replacing D.Harris)
Haig Amateurs - I.Khan very handy pick up, still lack depth in batting
Glenroy - Had them in my top four but R.Toll to Broady and Pipes may not be there.
Sunshine Heights - Depends on the mess that Sammy might have left although K.Adams is a very good pick up if true.
Socials - Haven't heard much but need to have Vernon and Campbell on board again. Help us out Old School
East Coburg - Didnt rate their bowling attack, now even more without McGowans
Pascoe Vale - McGowans plus M.Pallini with strenghten bowling but lack batsmen.
Barkly St - Ollie will need to fill us in. Crusty desperate for help in bowling stakes.
West Coburg - No tarek, no K.Adams and possibly a couple of others, should be interesting times but will be up there.
St Francis - Very good side and look out for Harding to score lots. Best young talent in the comp.

This is why this is the best comp, its open to all 12 teams to challenge for the flag.

bomber27;265973 said:
Glenroy - Had them in my top four but R.Toll to Broady and Pipes may not be there.
Sunshine Heights - Depends on the mess that Sammy might have left although K.Adams is a very good pick up if true.
Socials - Haven't heard much but need to have Vernon and Campbell on board again. Help us out Old School
Barkly St - Ollie will need to fill us in. Crusty desperate for help in bowling stakes.
West Coburg - No tarek, no K.Adams and possibly a couple of others, should be interesting times but will be up there.
St Francis - Very good side and look out for Harding to score lots. Best young talent in the comp.

This is why this is the best comp, its open to all 12 teams to challenge for the flag.

No update on St. Andrews. Must be because they are just as good as ever and only need to turn up for a three-peat...

You certainly have inspired me to even greater heights this coming season and be sure the water will be cold and the banter will be more than enough to keep you on your toes.[/QUOTE]
FOS

water! glad i inspired u fos! dont be too harsh on us this season. ohh yeah and in the heat of the moment dont have a cardiac arrest like one of ur st.andrews blokes told me u almost did late in the grand final!
maybe get powerade instead of water more electrolytes and longer lasting energy! i dont want u to wilter wen it gets to the crunch u FOSSIL! :D

b cricket

Heard Vernon will be having a break over summer & K Adams definitely not at Sunshine...which will suggest he'll be at the redbacks in 08-09.

Schnauzer;236826 said:
Sounds like there are only 2 teams in this comp. A 2 horse race for the flag already, what about the likes of St Francis (always there abouts), East Coburg (top 4 last year), Merlo, Glenroy (just missed finals last year), Socials (competitive early and fell away towards year end) & West Coburg (unlucky in the past) to name a few. Surely some of these teams could cause some trouble this year.

Anyone out there have any opinions on the clubs above?

Do you think any of them will be able to challenge St Andrews & St Marys this year for the premiership?

Cpt Caveman;265979 said:
Heard Vernon will be having a break over summer & K Adams definitely not at Sunshine...which will suggest he'll be at the redbacks in 08-09.

i beleive K Adams is off to Sunshine Druids with old Heights mates. The team that got him and West Cob into all that trouble last year.

bomber27;265973 said:

No update on St. Andrews. Must be because they are just as good as ever and only need to turn up for a three-peat...

bomber27;265973 said:

Tend to agree with your summary there Bomber

Merlo - who is gonna replace Pittsy!!??

bomber27;265973 said:

Ay word on when fixtures will be released bomber???

Cpt Caveman;265979 said:

i beleive K Adams is off to Sunshine Druids with old Heights mates. The team that got him and West Cob into all that trouble last year.

Deano;266016 said:

Long time reader first time poster.

I just want to set some things straight. Im from West Coburg by the way.

Kyle Adams is not welcome at our club. Definately cost us the A Turf flag last yr.

For all you doubters, who loved seeing us fail last yr after the Adams debacle, be warned that we will be very strong this yr.

I have never seen this place happier in the last 5-6 yrs, than it is now. Guess why?

We have the best coach in the comp this yr, who is the most respected cricketer in this comp, which is an advantage.

And does any of the executive board read this forum, or even post on here? I say this as it is pretty hard getting any info out of our delegate, or for that matter any of our commitee, and therefore we are left in the dark on what is happening around the comp.

I have heard maybe Tyson Woods and Daniel Bujega post here. is that correct?

bomber27;265973 said:

Merlo - who is gonna replace Pittsy!!??

just found this site and makes for some interesting and amusing reading.

im a west coburg cricketer and just want to make a couple of quick points

1- Its a massive call to say we were certainties to win the flag last year. We would have been up there and competitve with anyone, but, st marys and st andrews were excellent teams but we would have given a good account of ourselves.

2- Kyle Adams made a bad mistake last year and it cost us any chance of having a tilt at the flag, but, he will DEFINITELY be playing at west this year and will be doing everything in his power to try and redeem himself even though pacco tried to poach him he showed his loyalty and thats what makes him a good person. He is a good mate of mine and welcome in anyteam i play in

3- Im not gunna make any calls that we will bolt in the flag this year etc, it is an even comp bar for a couple of sides but we will be competitive as always and therabouts and there is a positive feeling around our club this year

Good luck to all the sides....should be a great year

bomber27;265973 said:

0405;266070 said:

Kyle Adams is not welcome at our club. Definately cost us the A Turf flag last yr.

For all you doubters, who loved seeing us fail last yr after the Adams debacle, be warned that we will be very strong this yr.

I have never seen this place happier in the last 5-6 yrs, than it is now. Guess why?

We have the best coach in the comp this yr, who is the most respected cricketer in this comp, which is an advantage.

And does any of the executive board read this forum, or even post on here? I say this as it is pretty hard getting any info out of our delegate, or for that matter any of our commitee, and therefore we are left in the dark on what is happening around the comp.

Sounds like a real happy place at West Coburg. You have one person coming onto the forum and stating the K Adams is not welcome at the club, the next post from a different person from West Coburg states K Adams is most welcome at the club????

Deano;266016 said:

Old School;266200 said:
Sounds like a real happy place at West Coburg. You have one person coming onto the forum and stating the K Adams is not welcome at the club, the next post from a different person from West Coburg states K Adams is most welcome at the club????

That has to be a set up Old School surely!!! Both have the 1 post..I reckon it's the same bloke who got jealous of reading about St Andrews all the time. Can't blame him though :)

just found this site and makes for some interesting and amusing reading.

im a west coburg cricketer and just want to make a couple of quick points

1- Its a massive call to say we were certainties to win the flag last year. We would have been up there and competitve with anyone, but, st marys and st andrews were excellent teams but we would have given a good account of ourselves.

2- Kyle Adams made a bad mistake last year and it cost us any chance of having a tilt at the flag, but, he will DEFINITELY be playing at west this year and will be doing everything in his power to try and redeem himself even though pacco tried to poach him he showed his loyalty and thats what makes him a good person. He is a good mate of mine and welcome in anyteam i play in

3- Im not gunna make any calls that we will bolt in the flag this year etc, it is an even comp bar for a couple of sides but we will be competitive as always and therabouts and there is a positive feeling around our club this year

Good luck to all the sides....should be a great year

bcricket;265928 said:
You certainly have inspired me to even greater heights this coming season and be sure the water will be cold and the banter will be more than enough to keep you on your toes.
FOS

b cricket[/QUOTE]

When your ready to come play with the men,let me know and i bet your still shitting yellow.

I wont have the same problem this year and i will let you work that out yourself !!!!!

Keep motivating my boys, it will all be good for the coming season.

Does Harry and Tuffers take you to Maccas when youve been good for a Happy Meal.

Keep up the good work

F.O.S

0405;266070 said:

0405;266070 said:

Gee very cofident there. Big call on a few issues, but I have picked you guys as early flag favourites!!

thought you guys would be up to speed on the comp stuff seeing your president is the comp treasurer!!!

Old School;266200 said:

That has to be a set up Old School surely!!! Both have the 1 post..I reckon it's the same bloke who got jealous of reading about St Andrews all the time. Can't blame him though :)

bomber27;265973 said:

Can't help much with an update, I've only been to one training session so far and haven't really had a chance to see who is returning/gone or if we have recruited anyone.

Having said that, if you are a decent bowler you would get more than a chance with us, lol. I know Crusty isn't captain this year, and that it is Hayden Davidson who is.

Looking forward to having a bit more of a crack at it than last year, but I'll be honest and say I would expect us to finish anywhere between 4-8 (unless we have recruited a few new bowlers to help out Crusty!!??) Our batting is our strength, although we are prone to the "Barkly St" collapse at times. I think Bangladesh modelled their game on ours....

bcricket;265928 said:
You certainly have inspired me to even greater heights this coming season and be sure the water will be cold and the banter will be more than enough to keep you on your toes.
FOS

b cricket[/QUOTE]

When your ready to come play with the men,let me know and i bet your still shitting yellow.

I wont have the same problem this year and i will let you work that out yourself !!!!!

Keep motivating my boys, it will all be good for the coming season.

Does Harry and Tuffers take you to Maccas when youve been good for a Happy Meal.

Keep up the good work

F.O.S

Hirdy05_;266221 said:

I doubt that the other bloke is from west coburg. Kyle dissapointed a lot of people last year, he knows that, but hey we all make mistakes and hes still a young bloke and he is not only welcome but wanted and one of the star players at our club.

I actually only posted coz cooky is a great bloke and a top mate and he is 100% playing at West this year. So bad luck to sunshine, pacco and anyone else who wants to poach instead of produce their own talent.
Not a bad attack is it Appleyard, Adams, Barker and a bloke called Greenwood who hardly got a bowl last year and then Tuney to help out in the middle overs and now that there is a real bond at the club where the team will always come first, and some of our young players have had a taste of A grade cricket we will be very competitive in 08-09.

P.S Just a reminder St.Andrews were VERY lucky in the 1 dayer we played them last year that the game got washed out. We made 240 odd at Morris and had them 1-0 when the rain poured in.
They are a quality team but definitely not unbeatable!

0405;266070 said:

Gee very cofident there. Big call on a few issues, but I have picked you guys as early flag favourites!!

thought you guys would be up to speed on the comp stuff seeing your president is the comp treasurer!!!

bomber27;265973 said:

Can't help much with an update, I've only been to one training session so far and haven't really had a chance to see who is returning/gone or if we have recruited anyone.

Having said that, if you are a decent bowler you would get more than a chance with us, lol. I know Crusty isn't captain this year, and that it is Hayden Davidson who is.

Looking forward to having a bit more of a crack at it than last year, but I'll be honest and say I would expect us to finish anywhere between 4-8 (unless we have recruited a few new bowlers to help out Crusty!!??) Our batting is our strength, although we are prone to the "Barkly St" collapse at times. I think Bangladesh modelled their game on ours....

RooBoy;266002 said:

Merlo - who is gonna replace Pittsy!!??[/QUOTE]

Pretty confident that we have filled this gap. There's a good chance we will have up to four new players in our firsts come round 1. Three of which can bowl. So its not going to be one player who replaces Pittsy. Although I will be getting my first look at a new bowler this weekend who I hope will play a major role.

Hirdy05_;266221 said:

I doubt that the other bloke is from west coburg. Kyle dissapointed a lot of people last year, he knows that, but hey we all make mistakes and hes still a young bloke and he is not only welcome but wanted and one of the star players at our club.

I actually only posted coz cooky is a great bloke and a top mate and he is 100% playing at West this year. So bad luck to sunshine, pacco and anyone else who wants to poach instead of produce their own talent.
Not a bad attack is it Appleyard, Adams, Barker and a bloke called Greenwood who hardly got a bowl last year and then Tuney to help out in the middle overs and now that there is a real bond at the club where the team will always come first, and some of our young players have had a taste of A grade cricket we will be very competitive in 08-09.

P.S Just a reminder St.Andrews were VERY lucky in the 1 dayer we played them last year that the game got washed out. We made 240 odd at Morris and had them 1-0 when the rain poured in.
They are a quality team but definitely not unbeatable!

Well, I'm still not convinced about Kyle Adams lining up for West Coburg. If he is playing there, why is he not playing in West Coburg's practice match this week.

bomber27;266294 said:
Well, I'm still not convinced about Kyle Adams lining up for West Coburg. If he is playing there, why is he not playing in West Coburg's practice match this week.

Because he is not at the Redbacks this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont be fooled fellow posters, i AM DEFINATELY from West Coburg and i know that Kyle wont be there. I will be pretty annoyed if he comes back during the season. We pride ourselves on being a top club in this comp, and if it wasnt for him last year, we def wouldve finished top 2. Im not going to sugarcoat it like the other West Coburg poster, i promise you that. I will call it as i see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back