mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

Fresh_Prince;266588 said:
Nah playing in the 2nds or 3rds at Essendon mate but My Brother is there.. Imran Khan ex-Carlton Opening bowler & Bob Kunesevic ex Victorian Under 17 player???? Surely inform there wouldn't be 2 many other bats or bowlers in the comp.. But hopefuly they can bring there A - game, they will need it to be competitive. Like I said mate just my Opinion..
Sorry I think Socials will finish above Haig. They have good depth
Did these guys play at Haig last year?

How did they perform?

No one made 10 against us so I can't really comment on any batsmen, so the good bats may have got a god ball or been unlucky. Hard to judge someone when they don't bat for a while.

Results have not been good for them so hopefully these are new guys and the will improve.

Good luck to all these names on paper that are all great recruits and lets see how we all go when the action starts.

Just make sure we have a beer after the games and don't take things too seriously after the game as we are all hacks if we play in our comp. Play hard on the ground for sure but at least have a beer afterwards.

Good luck to all this year

I can promise you that Kyle Adams isnt playing at Druids this year most of his mates that played there are not playing cricket at all this year but I have heard he is thinking about playing at Heights with some of his old U/21 friends including a couple of the Druids boys that have returned to the club.

old hack;266714 said:
Just make sure we have a beer after the games and don't take things too seriously after the game as we are all hacks if we play in our comp. Play hard on the ground for sure but at least have a beer afterwards.

Exactly mate.

There are no superstar cricketers in this comp, just some half-decent ones, followed by everyday ordinary ones.

And I've had some great blues on the field, but will always have a beer after the game with them. We're not playing for sheepstations.

So to everyone, good luck for the season, and hopefully we all enjoy a great competition on the field.

STYLE="font-size:10pt; font-family=verdana,arial,sans-serif">The following
person record has been transferred and now also appears on the list of West Coburg:
<br>
<br>Name: Adams, Kyle
<br>ID: 0020206

Fresh_Prince;266541 said:
All 3 will finish in the bottom half.. IMO
My pre-season tip.
St Andrews (benchmark)
St Francis (Young and improved side and will only get better )
St Mary (will continue to be top side and good all-round side)
West ( who knows, but surely they will be up there)
Merlyo ( unlucky to play allot of one dayers last year, not a one day side)
Glenroy ( lost a few players but should be there abouts)
Haig (improved season, on there day have the best bat and bowl in the comp)
Pacco ( will struggle , with no real good bats)
Barkley Street ( no BATS)
East Coburg (No Bowlers and too reliant on Zoran)
Heights ( a bunch of kids, with Sam's exist they have no other choic

St.Andrews deserve to be favourites again this season as they've got numerous weapons at their disposal and obviously the last 2 flags to their name. They are captained by the best in the business, with his shrewd tactics and the ability to get the most out of his players in pressure situations unrivalled in the competition. A three-peat is an enormous feat but one that they are no doubt capable of.

I believe the strongest competition to the boys from Cole Reserve will come from the Redbacks. I have been their harshest critic on here and labelled them chokers (which I believe is true) until now. The reason for my predicted turnaround is the departure of the big fella. Whenever West Coburg found themselves in a tight game over the last few seasons Tarek often couldn't handle the situation very well and tried to win the game by himself, which had a detrimental effect on the rest of the team and overall the team morale suffered. With him not there and Appleyard taking over, the spirit around the team will lift and everyone will look forward to taking on more responsibility. They've got a very strong bowling line-up (although a spinner would help) and a batting line-up capable of getting the job done provided they stay patient and be happy with making 250 instead of 350. I believe a period of success awaits them provided they put in the hard work and remain a cohesive unit.

St.Marys will be thereabouts, as will St.Francis with their kids coming through. Easts will be the sliders. If Socials get all their footballers to play then who knows what they can do. Merlo/Pacco/Haig seem to be the big off-season players and might sneak into the 4. Glenroy are always solid without being spectacular and the other 2 are incredibly inconsistent but on their day can push the better sides.

So all-in-all I reckon a fairly even comp awaits us this season. Bring it on!!

St And $4, Wests $6.50, St Marys $7, St Fran $10, Glenroy/Socials $12, Merl/Hadf $15, Pacco $17, Haig $25, Easts $31, Barkly $41, Heights $51

I can promise you that Kyle Adams isnt playing at Druids this year most of his mates that played there are not playing cricket at all this year but I have heard he is thinking about playing at Heights with some of his old U/21 friends including a couple of the Druids boys that have returned to the club.

banno36;266966 said:
St.Andrews deserve to be favourites again this season as they've got numerous weapons at their disposal and obviously the last 2 flags to their name. They are captained by the best in the business, with his shrewd tactics and the ability to get the most out of his players in pressure situations unrivalled in the competition. A three-peat is an enormous feat but one that they are no doubt capable of.

I believe the strongest competition to the boys from Cole Reserve will come from the Redbacks. I have been their harshest critic on here and labelled them chokers (which I believe is true) until now. The reason for my predicted turnaround is the departure of the big fella. Whenever West Coburg found themselves in a tight game over the last few seasons Tarek often couldn't handle the situation very well and tried to win the game by himself, which had a detrimental effect on the rest of the team and overall the team morale suffered. With him not there and Appleyard taking over, the spirit around the team will lift and everyone will look forward to taking on more responsibility. They've got a very strong bowling line-up (although a spinner would help) and a batting line-up capable of getting the job done provided they stay patient and be happy with making 250 instead of 350. I believe a period of success awaits them provided they put in the hard work and remain a cohesive unit.

St.Marys will be thereabouts, as will St.Francis with their kids coming through. Easts will be the sliders. If Socials get all their footballers to play then who knows what they can do. Merlo/Pacco/Haig seem to be the big off-season players and might sneak into the 4. Glenroy are always solid without being spectacular and the other 2 are incredibly inconsistent but on their day can push the better sides.

St And $4, Wests $6.50, St Marys $7, St Fran $10, Glenroy/Socials $12, Merl/Hadf $15, Pacco $17, Haig $25, Easts $31, Barkly $41, Heights $51

ST ANDREWS 3.75
WEST COBURG 4.50
ST FRANCIS 6.50
GLENROY 10
SOCIALS 12
STMARYS 15
MERLO 20
PASCOE VALE 25
HAIG 35
EAST COBURG 35
BARKLY 101
HEIGHTS 101

best in comp: after a footy flag for glenroy danny campbell will stroll in after a few games and show his domination....would of backed babo from st francis but he let me down last year, never again haha

STYLE="font-size:10pt; font-family=verdana,arial,sans-serif">The following
person record has been transferred and now also appears on the list of West Coburg:
<br>
<br>Name: Adams, Kyle
<br>ID: 0020206

old hack;266714 said:

How did they perform?

No one made 10 against us so I can't really comment on any batsmen, so the good bats may have got a god ball or been unlucky. Hard to judge someone when they don't bat for a while.

Results have not been good for them so hopefully these are new guys and the will improve.

Good luck to all these names on paper that are all great recruits and lets see how we all go when the action starts.

Imran Didn't play last year at Haig and Bob scored over 330 runs for the year.
I really do hope they improve and deep down inside most clubs in the comp hope they improve.
Knowing 70% of the boys I know they love getting on the pi$$ as they are all around the same age now.
Not saying they will be a finals contender but they will improve. I HOPE.lol

Fresh_Prince;266541 said:
All 3 will finish in the bottom half.. IMO
My pre-season tip.
St Andrews (benchmark)
St Francis (Young and improved side and will only get better )
St Mary (will continue to be top side and good all-round side)
West ( who knows, but surely they will be up there)
Merlyo ( unlucky to play allot of one dayers last year, not a one day side)
Glenroy ( lost a few players but should be there abouts)
Haig (improved season, on there day have the best bat and bowl in the comp)
Pacco ( will struggle , with no real good bats)
Barkley Street ( no BATS)
East Coburg (No Bowlers and too reliant on Zoran)
Heights ( a bunch of kids, with Sam's exist they have no other choic

I was very impressed with the fom of young Nathan Fitzpatricks we played Yarraville in a 20/20 yesterday and he took a couple of early wickets against a very good batting line up.

banno36;266966 said:

ST ANDREWS 3.75
WEST COBURG 4.50
ST FRANCIS 6.50
GLENROY 10
SOCIALS 12
STMARYS 15
MERLO 20
PASCOE VALE 25
HAIG 35
EAST COBURG 35
BARKLY 101
HEIGHTS 101

best in comp: after a footy flag for glenroy danny campbell will stroll in after a few games and show his domination....would of backed babo from st francis but he let me down last year, never again haha

Gladyboy;267056 said:
I was very impressed with the fom of young Nathan Fitzpatricks we played Yarraville in a 20/20 yesterday and he took a couple of early wickets against a very good batting line up.
Money well spent????
Does Fitzy get paid for taking wickets in Practice matches as well???

old hack;266714 said:

How did they perform?

Imran Didn't play last year at Haig and Bob scored over 330 runs for the year.
I really do hope they improve and deep down inside most clubs in the comp hope they improve.
Knowing 70% of the boys I know they love getting on the pi$$ as they are all around the same age now.
Not saying they will be a finals contender but they will improve. I HOPE.lol

cop this!
got told yesterday at a bbq with some st. mary's fellars
that FOS about two weeks before our grand final match that he offered 5 of our one day players to come down and play for st.andrews in their one day side for a season for $5000 between them. this is facts! and proves how full of shit the st.andrews blokes are when they say they dont offer blokes money or salaries!
takes a bit more than that to persuade st. mary's boys! i hope this wasnt coming out of the st.andrews bank account :eek: p.s cant you find more than 12 decent blokes to play in sides down at st. andrews???
Wat do u have to say about that you theiving mob?
just thought id post this to tell everyone how full of shit u's really are!!!!

Gladyboy;267056 said:
Money well spent????
Does Fitzy get paid for taking wickets in Practice matches as well???

banno36;266966 said:

Great analysis!!
I bet St Andrews were very glad when all those points got taken off us last year. They know we arent intimidated by them at all. With the older bodies out there It wouldnt shock me to see them drop down the pecking order this year.
St Marys impressed me last year. They are a close knit team but if their gun bowler has left that will leave a huge hole to fill.
They pumped us in the last game last year, but, we were as flat as a tack and in reality just wanted the season over.
They will be top 2 with us IMO.

St. Francis are talented and just keep plugging away at you and should finish in the top 4.
Which leaves 1 more spot. I think that will be fought out by Pacco, Socials and St Andrews.
I think the other teams are just making up numbers, but, with the nature of this comp can surprise on their day.

West Coburg will have a fantastic year. We played a practice match yesterday and the team atmosphere was as good as ive seen for years.And a word of warning to all batsmen Cal Appleyard is as fit and motivated as ive eva seen him and bowled very quickly and accurately.
I think he will be the premier bowler in the comp this year

cop this!
that FOS about two weeks before our grand final match that he offered 5 of our one day players to come down and play for st.andrews in their one day side for a season for $5000 between them. this is facts! and proves how full of shit the st.andrews blokes are when they say they dont offer blokes money or salaries!
takes a bit more than that to persuade st. mary's boys! i hope this wasnt coming out of the st.andrews bank account :eek: p.s cant you find more than 12 decent blokes to play in sides down at st. andrews???

bcricket;267069 said:
cop this!
And what bait did F.O.S have on the hook?

These guys that play in your one day side must be superstars too!!

Do you know our one day side has won the last 4 flags? F.O.S must be retiring some to get under the salary cap.

Maybe go back to your BBQ and ask for the cure for cancer or how we can all achieve world piece.

I am sure F.O.S can do amazing things but do you really believe this?

bcricket;267069 said:
cop this!

That really is the biggest load of crap I have ever read on any forum ever, let alone this one. If you are going to start a story at least make it half believable!!!

banno36;266966 said:

Great analysis!!
I bet St Andrews were very glad when all those points got taken off us last year. They know we arent intimidated by them at all. With the older bodies out there It wouldnt shock me to see them drop down the pecking order this year.
St Marys impressed me last year. They are a close knit team but if their gun bowler has left that will leave a huge hole to fill.
They pumped us in the last game last year, but, we were as flat as a tack and in reality just wanted the season over.

St. Francis are talented and just keep plugging away at you and should finish in the top 4.
Which leaves 1 more spot. I think that will be fought out by Pacco, Socials and St Andrews.
I think the other teams are just making up numbers, but, with the nature of this comp can surprise on their day.

West Coburg will have a fantastic year. We played a practice match yesterday and the team atmosphere was as good as ive seen for years.And a word of warning to all batsmen Cal Appleyard is as fit and motivated as ive eva seen him and bowled very quickly and accurately.

upthesaints;267250 said:
That really is the biggest load of crap I have ever read on any forum ever, let alone this one. If you are going to start a story at least make it half believable!!!

A bloke from St Mays told me the same thing at work, not saying its true but St Marys definetly telling ppl that you offered them 5 grand to play one dayers.

bcricket;267069 said:
cop this!
And what bait did F.O.S have on the hook?

These guys that play in your one day side must be superstars too!!

Do you know our one day side has won the last 4 flags? F.O.S must be retiring some to get under the salary cap.

Maybe go back to your BBQ and ask for the cure for cancer or how we can all achieve world piece.

I am sure F.O.S can do amazing things but do you really believe this?

bcricket;267069 said:
cop this!

seeing that we have an executive memebr of the comp on this forum, I reckon, if you are that serious put your money where your mouth is and dob them into the comp for paying players!!!! Im sure BOMBER would be interested to hear about it! :rolleyes:

bcricket;267069 said:
cop this!

jontyfromsa;267086 said:
Great analysis!!

Jonty I was reading your comments with inerest until you menioned Pacco being in the mix for the final spot in the 4 this week:eek: I was lucky to notice them training a couple of weeks ago and obviously there must be another side using their ground. It seems there is plenty of speak/crap about the usual suspects, it will be interesting when the season kicks off whether things go to plan boys! There will be a couple of smokies this year and I think they will certainly upset the apple cart come the end of the season!

upthesaints;267250 said:

A bloke from St Mays told me the same thing at work, not saying its true but St Marys definetly telling ppl that you offered them 5 grand to play one dayers.

RooBoy;267261 said:
seeing that we have an executive memebr of the comp on this forum, I reckon, if you are that serious put your money where your mouth is and dob them into the comp for paying players!!!! Im sure BOMBER would be interested to hear about it! :rolleyes:

i'm sorry to say who would believe that someone would pay $5000 to play in St. andrews fifth side, come on guys. maybe you should get the whole story straight before spreading rumours about player payments.

bcricket;267069 said:
cop this!

Gladyboy;267251 said:

Ok, I am not involved with the St. Andrews CC and nor am I involved with the competition at all actually in any form except an occasinal participant in this forum. I am aware of St. Andrews in the past and have no doubt they still do to this day no not charge some players to play at the Club in A grade. But to suggest $5,000 for a 1 day team is simpily ridiculous, especially when St Andrews have one of the most succesful teams ever in the MMVCA in there 1 day team.

jontyfromsa;267086 said:
Great analysis!!

Jonty I was reading your comments with inerest until you menioned Pacco being in the mix for the final spot in the 4 this week:eek: I was lucky to notice them training a couple of weeks ago and obviously there must be another side using their ground. It seems there is plenty of speak/crap about the usual suspects, it will be interesting when the season kicks off whether things go to plan boys! There will be a couple of smokies this year and I think they will certainly upset the apple cart come the end of the season!

bcricket;267069 said:
cop this!

You are the biggest tool going around.

This year our NWCA one day side finished on the bottom of the ladder and in the comps wisdom all sides play in finals.

Our side was made up of young fellas and old crocks like me that helped out.

We played Jacana(Scott Wynds mob) and got completely smashed by a side that was 5 grades below where they should have been.

They were arrogant and not nice to play and i made a comment to some friends from your club and some of our players that i would personally put some money in next year when we played them if we could stack the side and give them some of their own.
This could never happen and too think any different shows your mentality to even believe that was ridiculous.

How good is it when your having a BBQ and the old F.O.S is a talking point,you need to get a life and grow up !!!!!

When we have a BBQ we talk about women ,footy and cricket,not neccasarilly in that order,but i will make sure next time we think of you for a full 2 seconds.

Luving this !!!!!

F.O.S

RooBoy;267261 said:

i'm sorry to say who would believe that someone would pay $5000 to play in St. andrews fifth side, come on guys. maybe you should get the whole story straight before spreading rumours about player payments.

F.O.S;267273 said:
You are the biggest tool going around.

This year our NWCA one day side finished on the bottom of the ladder and in the comps wisdom all sides play in finals.

Our side was made up of young fellas and old crocks like me that helped out.

We played Jacana(Scott Wynds mob) and got completely smashed by a side that was 5 grades below where they should have been.

They were arrogant and not nice to play and i made a comment to some friends from your club and some of our players that i would personally put some money in next year when we played them if we could stack the side and give them some of their own.
This could never happen and too think any different shows your mentality to even believe that was ridiculous.

How good is it when your having a BBQ and the old F.O.S is a talking point,you need to get a life and grow up !!!!!

When we have a BBQ we talk about women ,footy and cricket,not neccasarilly in that order,but i will make sure next time we think of you for a full 2 seconds.

Luving this !!!!!

F.O.S

FOS at the bbq we were talkin women footy and cricket and that was when it came up. i was told that by three of the players that you told it too! you did offer them money i dont know the circumstances but it definately involved money! My mentality? I was staggered myself to hear what went on!
I was just telling the forum what i heard and can gaurantee u said that you would offer them money! Sounds like more of a business than a game.
Jacana is arrogant il pay that. I was just enjoyin a couple of darts when i heard it and when i heard it was you it got me excited and thought i would share it with everyone.
cheers mate.
u must have money flowing out of ur arse! :)
bcricket

Gladyboy;267251 said:

Ok, I am not involved with the St. Andrews CC and nor am I involved with the competition at all actually in any form except an occasinal participant in this forum. I am aware of St. Andrews in the past and have no doubt they still do to this day no not charge some players to play at the Club in A grade. But to suggest $5,000 for a 1 day team is simpily ridiculous, especially when St Andrews have one of the most succesful teams ever in the MMVCA in there 1 day team.

bcricket;267279 said:
FOS at the bbq we were talkin women footy and cricket and that was when it came up. i was told that by three of the players that you told it too! you did offer them money i dont know the circumstances but it definately involved money! My mentality? I was staggered myself to hear what went on!
I was just telling the forum what i heard and can gaurantee u said that you would offer them money! Sounds like more of a business than a game.
Jacana is arrogant il pay that. I was just enjoyin a couple of darts when i heard it and when i heard it was you it got me excited and thought i would share it with everyone.
cheers mate.
u must have money flowing out of ur arse! :)
bcricket

Who's minding you over the school holidays or is Harry and Tuffers taking it in turn to mind you till school goes back????

On a more serious note, i believe this year more so than prevoius years is going to be sensational cricket wise.

Any team that is not switched on from the start of the season,could find themselves on the backfoot.

I believe the improvement expected of some teams and the eveness of the comp will surely make this a very good year of cricket.

Good luck to all teams for the coming season and i am sure at some stage we will catch up and enjoy each others company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back