mmvca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: mmvca

bcricket;271890 said:
im known for my good summary's mate! just giving u something to read saw that u were online! ;) thats too boring just to say 10 words. everyone knew we won just giving people an insite, dont take it to heart. i know u read it all! :D

bcricket
p.s chill im on uni on a 3hr break. mrs isnt here yet! :D

How did you go bcricket, did you make any?

jontyfromsa;271961 said:
The way St Andrews and St Marys people talk it up on this site fair dinkum u would think its West Indies of the 80's versus Australia in the 90's.

This year will be the most even in the MMVCA for a long long time in my opinion and I think there will be loads of upsets along the way.

The only teams that probably cant win it in my opinion are Sunshine Heights, Haig, EAST Coburg ( think they will really struggle without Zoran...most dominant bat in the comp IMO), Glenroy if wardy isnt playing??, Merlyo losing pittsy will really hurt but they are obviously heading in the right direction and Barkly Street (depth of bowling...unless they have picked up a couple)

So that leaves St Andrews, West, St Marys, Socials, St Francis, Pacco and I reckon they are all around the same standard so it will simply come down to who plays better for longer on any given day.

Of the other teams they can ALL cause an upset on any given day because the gap between the better and worse teams is significantly less than in seasons gone by.

Its a shame to there are NO genuine quick bowlers in this comp anymore. I question anyone to name a bowler who puts the wind up any batsmen worth a pinch of salt with genuine pace.
Nope its all just bowl good areas, medium pace and let the shitty decks we play on do the rest.

Interested to hear others thoughts

Pretty much spot-on with what you say there Jonty, there are not any bowlers in this comp that are "scary", but there are a genuinely good fast bowlers that do the right things. Only reason some bowlers cause problems is on a dodgy greentop.
The gap between the best side and the worst side usually comes down to one or two players having a great game on one side, compared to the other.
Of course, there is always going to be upsets along the way, I think this year will be quite an interesting one, with once again no real standouts and alot of close games.

The Mary's Show continues. I guess they will back up from last season and will go all the way this year, but it seems it will be a lot more competitive with more sides as contenders.

whatnogood;271957 said:
The Mary's Show continues. I guess they will back up from last season and will go all the way this year, but it seems it will be a lot more competitive with more sides as contenders.

What are you doing back on here, i thought you were not going to log back on!!
Trust me it will be alot more competitve this year, we as a team have have recruited some bowlers that will make the difference..

The way St Andrews and St Marys people talk it up on this site fair dinkum u would think its West Indies of the 80's versus Australia in the 90's.

This year will be the most even in the MMVCA for a long long time in my opinion and I think there will be loads of upsets along the way.

The only teams that probably cant win it in my opinion are Sunshine Heights, Haig, EAST Coburg ( think they will really struggle without Zoran...most dominant bat in the comp IMO), Glenroy if wardy isnt playing??, Merlyo losing pittsy will really hurt but they are obviously heading in the right direction and Barkly Street (depth of bowling...unless they have picked up a couple)

So that leaves St Andrews, West, St Marys, Socials, St Francis, Pacco and I reckon they are all around the same standard so it will simply come down to who plays better for longer on any given day.

Of the other teams they can ALL cause an upset on any given day because the gap between the better and worse teams is significantly less than in seasons gone by.

Its a shame to there are NO genuine quick bowlers in this comp anymore. I question anyone to name a bowler who puts the wind up any batsmen worth a pinch of salt with genuine pace.
Nope its all just bowl good areas, medium pace and let the shitty decks we play on do the rest.

bcricket;271883 said:
St. Mary's boys did get through a shakey battle in the end but did get over the line we were crusin but suffered a later order callapse and laked a little bit of professionalism. it shocked us a bit because we were doing it so easily. i think we were lacking in a sorted out and solid middle order but there were a couple missing that will be very handy in filling that gap. lookin forward to a good battle with the side that finished 2nd last year this week. we now are more aware of the job that each of us have to do and build on. good character was shown by PACCO and have to be congratulated on that but i dont think they would be to happy with their new recruit McGowan who only took 1 for 40 odd. didnt sound like they fancied themselves as a low rated side last week. u have to get over the line to be a top side. the mary's are about 3 players short of a full strength side. No excuses though.

p.s frontfootnoball to sledge harry would be one of the stupidist things i have ever heard off i play with him and if i didnt he would be one bloke i wouldnt sledge. it can come back to bite ya i have seen it happen at square leg wen we were only chasing 60 last year. he made 52 of them. LOL i wouldnt recommend it.

FOS how did u blokes go heard you won was there any surprises?
u should have seen the look on the pacco blokes faces when darren harris rolled up at 12.30 to say hi!!!! wish i had a camera it was a kodak moment!

bcricket. go the Mary's

bcricket who the hell are you, do you stand next to your boyfriend gnome in the front yard next to the tap???
You must look a very happy gnome couple..

jontyfromsa;271961 said:

Pretty much spot-on with what you say there Jonty, there are not any bowlers in this comp that are "scary", but there are a genuinely good fast bowlers that do the right things. Only reason some bowlers cause problems is on a dodgy greentop.
The gap between the best side and the worst side usually comes down to one or two players having a great game on one side, compared to the other.
Of course, there is always going to be upsets along the way, I think this year will be quite an interesting one, with once again no real standouts and alot of close games.

FRONTFOOTNOBALL;272017 said:
bcricket who the hell are you, do you stand next to your boyfriend gnome in the front yard next to the tap???

You jealous? Or just a Homophobe? Cmon mate, out yourself now!

whatnogood;271957 said:

What are you doing back on here, i thought you were not going to log back on!!
Trust me it will be alot more competitve this year, we as a team have have recruited some bowlers that will make the difference..

bcricket;271883 said:
St. Mary's boys did get through a shakey battle in the end but did get over the line we were crusin but suffered a later order callapse and laked a little bit of professionalism. it shocked us a bit because we were doing it so easily. i think we were lacking in a sorted out and solid middle order but there were a couple missing that will be very handy in filling that gap. lookin forward to a good battle with the side that finished 2nd last year this week. we now are more aware of the job that each of us have to do and build on. good character was shown by PACCO and have to be congratulated on that but i dont think they would be to happy with their new recruit McGowan who only took 1 for 40 odd. didnt sound like they fancied themselves as a low rated side last week. u have to get over the line to be a top side. the mary's are about 3 players short of a full strength side. No excuses though.

p.s frontfootnoball to sledge harry would be one of the stupidist things i have ever heard off i play with him and if i didnt he would be one bloke i wouldnt sledge. it can come back to bite ya i have seen it happen at square leg wen we were only chasing 60 last year. he made 52 of them. LOL i wouldnt recommend it.

FOS how did u blokes go heard you won was there any surprises?
u should have seen the look on the pacco blokes faces when darren harris rolled up at 12.30 to say hi!!!! wish i had a camera it was a kodak moment!

bcricket. go the Mary's

kingkong;272058 said:
Well batted Chrissie, its your year buddy.:)

This is not a St Andrews forum. No-one else would know who Chrissie is, or give a s**t about how well he may have batted for that matter. You would be better off obtaining Chrissies' phone number so you can text him what you thought about his innings. Or better still, get his address and go around and 'show' him how much you appreciated his innings. Because he is probably just another lower grade wood-chopper as far as everyone else is concerned

Im sure you will know who chrissy is by the end of the year. Well done to you too kong, a good not out and win to start the year.

bcricket would have to be that lad they call pup. hopefully he has a big year cause the comp needs some good new bats and he also needs to back up his talk.
Good luck mate I like to see young blokes who have confidence in their own ability.

jontyfromsa;271961 said:

Had a look at the St.Mary's vs Pacco game on the weekend and the opening bowlers from both sides would cause very few concerns to any opening batsmen. One new ball bowler from St. Mary's come off a run of about 5 steps and wouldn't knock over my 3 year old on a shortened pitch with a taped up tennis ball that was swinging 3 feet. The bowlers from Pacco weren't much better. As you say...the decks bring out the best in the bowlers.

kingkong;272058 said:
Well batted Chrissie, its your year buddy.:)

This is not a St Andrews forum. No-one else would know who Chrissie is, or give a s**t about how well he may have batted for that matter. You would be better off obtaining Chrissies' phone number so you can text him what you thought about his innings. Or better still, get his address and go around and 'show' him how much you appreciated his innings. Because he is probably just another lower grade wood-chopper as far as everyone else is concerned

GrassOnTheWicket;272163 said:
Had a look at the St.Mary's vs Pacco game on the weekend and the opening bowlers from both sides would cause very few concerns to any opening batsmen. One new ball bowler from St. Mary's come off a run of about 5 steps and wouldn't knock over my 3 year old on a shortened pitch with a taped up tennis ball that was swinging 3 feet. The bowlers from Pacco weren't much better. As you say...the decks bring out the best in the bowlers.

obviously you're not good enough to play first XI cricket!!! just sitting on the boundary sucking piss and abusing guys no doubt!!!

we all know the comp isnt as strong in bowling and batting stocks as it was 5-10 years ago.

No need to through mud though! :mad:

Im sure you will know who chrissy is by the end of the year. Well done to you too kong, a good not out and win to start the year.

bcricket would have to be that lad they call pup. hopefully he has a big year cause the comp needs some good new bats and he also needs to back up his talk.
Good luck mate I like to see young blokes who have confidence in their own ability.

jontyfromsa;271961 said:

wetdeck;272198 said:
bloody hell... the amount of st marys people on here makes me sick.

can we talk about something else please???

if you're referring to me, im from East Coburg, not St Marys.

i suggest you start a new topic wetdeck!!????:p

obviously you're not good enough to play first XI cricket!!! just sitting on the boundary sucking piss and abusing guys no doubt!!!

we all know the comp isnt as strong in bowling and batting stocks as it was 5-10 years ago.

A.Hussey;272159 said:

cheers mate, thanks for the well wishes not 100% at the moment but am doing all i can to improve.

bcricket
p.s would love to be as good as some of the older blokes in the comp especially from my club, if not better ;)

A.Hussey;272159 said:

As long as they don't get their ability mixed up with their ambition, as my dad used to say!:eek:

wetdeck;272198 said:
bloody hell... the amount of st marys people on here makes me sick.

can we talk about something else please???

if you're referring to me, im from East Coburg, not St Marys.

i suggest you start a new topic wetdeck!!????:p

RooBoy;272169 said:

Nothing wrong with that. Best part about my career coming to an end is now i'll be able to do exactly that. Nothing wrong with a bevie or 10 while watching a game of local cricket.

A.Hussey;272159 said:

cheers mate, thanks for the well wishes not 100% at the moment but am doing all i can to improve.

bcricket
p.s would love to be as good as some of the older blokes in the comp especially from my club, if not better ;)

ul know who i am soon enough!
u must be jealous na maybe near the back tap so a least i can catch a game of backyard cricket, plus im a bit taller than harry and growing so i would watch who u are calling a gnome! ;)

bcricket
p.s sledge St. Mary's all u want coz ul cop double wen ur batting i promise!

A.Hussey;272159 said:

As long as they don't get their ability mixed up with their ambition, as my dad used to say!:eek:

U must have been watching the St. Mary's openers from side on! because the opener ur referring to didnt get that many taken off him and does swing it a mile! He only bowled two top order blokes and a drop chance of his own bowling in the first time for about 18 months he has rolled his arm over u tool! the bloke u are reffering to has taken teams apart previously before his injury and has taken i think a few bowling averages at club and comp level in just a couple of years. he has had that run up since i have seen him play and im telling u it doesnt make him any easier to play! if he was so easy to play how come ur top order at drinks were 2 for f*** all?? i gaurantee teams will find it hard to get him away as the season progresses and he gets those #9's going ;).
so next time you have a crack at someone from any club make sure u know who u are talking about!!

bcricket
p.s il defend anyone from my club or any club if need be.
i know he is not on this forum so i am maintaining his respect which is highly rated at our club.
Go Mary's

RooBoy;272169 said:

Nothing wrong with that. Best part about my career coming to an end is now i'll be able to do exactly that. Nothing wrong with a bevie or 10 while watching a game of local cricket.

bcricket;272220 said:
U must have been watching the St. Mary's openers from side on! because the opener ur referring to didnt get that many taken off him and does swing it a mile! He only bowled two top order blokes and a drop chance of his own bowling in the first time for about 18 months he has rolled his arm over u tool! the bloke u are reffering to has taken teams apart previously before his injury and has taken i think a few bowling averages at club and comp level in just a couple of years. he has had that run up since i have seen him play and im telling u it doesnt make him any easier to play! if he was so easy to play how come ur top order at drinks were 2 for f*** all?? i gaurantee teams will find it hard to get him away as the season progresses and he gets those #9's going ;).
so next time you have a crack at someone from any club make sure u know who u are talking about!!

bcricket
i know he is not on this forum so i am maintaining his respect which is highly rated at our club.
Go Mary's

bcricket, You must get home from a training session and pull your strides down and beat off to photos of your team mates..... Please tell us who is your fav player or sorry fav player to spank off too!!! Gee i cant wait to play you guys in a few weeks, the boys from my club think you guys are a bunch of homos!!
What makes this upcoming game even better is that we play you at home... The locals are waiting!

Too my lads, lets crush these little monkey spankers.

ul know who i am soon enough!
u must be jealous na maybe near the back tap so a least i can catch a game of backyard cricket, plus im a bit taller than harry and growing so i would watch who u are calling a gnome! ;)

bcricket
p.s sledge St. Mary's all u want coz ul cop double wen ur batting i promise!

mmvca;272041 said:

Out myself why would i do that??
If anything you should put yourself back on the shelf at Bunnings in the "On Special" section.....

Garden Gnome on sale - Old lookalike Boony gnome

bcricket
Go Mary's

Hey guys/girls...

1st time on here i'm interested to hear what everyone's views are as too who is the most valuable player to each team would be. Who would be the the bowler and batter from every club that if he wasn't available would hurt there side the most? :)

bcricket;272220 said:

bcricket
Go Mary's

bcricket, You must get home from a training session and pull your strides down and beat off to photos of your team mates..... Please tell us who is your fav player or sorry fav player to spank off too!!! Gee i cant wait to play you guys in a few weeks, the boys from my club think you guys are a bunch of homos!!
What makes this upcoming game even better is that we play you at home... The locals are waiting!

Too my lads, lets crush these little monkey spankers.

Komodo Dragon;272158 said:
Your a tosser i bet your just that piece of turd that hangs around a club cause he has nothing better to do than watch or try and play a game of cricket. Have another bong you tripper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back