Pakistan vs India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pakistan vs India

Good day for India. They have taken full advantage of ordinary bowling by Pakistan. Jaffer and Tendulkar in particular were very impressive. I think we should aim to play for 2 and a half sessions tomorrow and get to around 600.

what happend? we were on top then noithing. whay play Shoiab if hes not well, makes the team look bad

no mailk, now just get rid of lawson

pak_god said:
what happend? we were on top then noithing. whay play Shoiab if hes not well, makes the team look bad

When were pakistan on top? India totally dominated the day.
Sachin out again so close to 100. When will sachin get a hundred?

pak_god said:

Team are getting smashed so sacking the coach is the right idea?It's the players that go on the field.

Good day for India, they batted sensibly and Jaffer was sublime. Can people who watched over half of the day's play please PM me their 'pace watch' figures for the pace and medium bowlers for Pakistan please.

I will have the match report done by about 9:30pm.

I guess Shoaib was in the squad as a hope they'd win the toss and bat first leaving him some extra time to get fit. Didnt py off though and has probably lost them the match already.

Jaffer reaches his 2nd double ton with a boundary to third man. India look well set to post a score in excess of 550-600. Although, India have a better bowling lineup, I think Pakistan will put up a similar batting performance if the pitch doesn't crack tomorrow.

jaffer could mhave scored a lot more but he got out soon after the double century. pak could make a comeback here if they get a wicket or two.

Laxman is the fifth Indian batsman batsman to cross 50 in this match. Pakistan haven't made a comeback. Every time a wicket falls another big partnership develops. This will be Ganguly's last match at Eden Gardens so I hope he gets a century.

lol they have set defensive fields still the batsmen are scoring at more than 4 an over. the pitch isnt assisting them but the bowling is really rubbish. lol just found out that sami is one of the worst bowlers to have taken 50 wickets.

Finally, a century for Ganguly in front of his home crowd; his first century against Pakistan too. He hasn't disappointed the 60000 odd people that turned up to watch him bat. Except for a hard chance at gully off Shoaib Akhtar it has been a flawless innings. Laxman is approaching a hundred too. I hope we see some aggressive batting now. Good performances by these two will keep Yuvraj out of the team for some more time.

What a great moment. It was a brilliant knock by Dada and his first century at Eden gardens. Now Laxman is nearing his 100 too. The run rate is dropped since Ganguly got out. There is no need for Dhoni to defend now. I am hoping for Dhoni to provide some fireworks and we should declare at 600.

India declare after Dhoni completes his fifty. I was expecting some fireworks from Dhoni and a quick declaration, but defensive tactics from Pakistan made that difficult.
India have an hour or so to bowl at Pakistan today. I think the pitch wont be as good for batting now. Kaneria was getting a lot of turn and you could see a puff of dust was coming off the pitch at times, so its a indication that the pitch might have deteriorated. A wicket or two today will be good.

harbhajan has come into the attack very early. i think thats a good move because the pitch is dead for fast bowlers. india had a good batting practice in the first innngs. karthik was the only one who missed the fun.

brilliant hundred by dada.....its a dream come true finally....the fireworks are still going in kolkata to celebrate his 100....laxman was superb too...another 100 for him at eden gardens... all the 6 batsmen were awesome.....now i hope that bhajji and kumble spin pakistan out..

If the spinners attack then this game could be over by day 4. It needs some fight by the Pak batsman but you wonder how low the morale is, what with the injuries, defeats and poor performances.

Good batting by the Indian line up, nice for dada (!) to score a ton in front of the home crowd.

Sorry for no day 1 report (was busy), the one below covers both day 1 and 2.

India increase state of emergency in Pakistan

Score: India 616/5d
Pakistan 50/1

Situation: Pakistan trail by 566 runs with 9 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

After winning the toss and choosing to bat first, India’s first two days of the second Test at Eden Gardens continued along a flat smooth path, reminiscent of the Kolkata track. An injury hit Pakistan XI took to the field without Shoaib Malik who injured his ankle playing football and visibly ill Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami. Shoaib Akhtar, in particular bowled like a man who would not look out of place lying in a hospital bed, fluctuating wildly in pace from the start of an spell to the end.

Dinesh Karthik continued his bad form, falling early to Sohail Tanvir, caught in the gully but Wasim Jaffer and Rahul Dravid proceeded to put on a watchful batting masterclass for the second wicket with Wasim Jaffer playing some of the best drives of the Indian international season so far. Both reached their fifties before Rahul Dravid was controversially adjudged caught behind by Billy Doctrove off Danish Kaneria – television replays showed that the ball missed the bat by a large margin.

Sachin Tendulkar continued the fine Indian batting performance by scoring a brisk 82 off 109 balls before falling to a Danish Kaneria googly, attempting to drive inside-out. Tendulkar played a fine innings, perfecting both drives and the leg side flicks which have become his trademark as of late. Meanwhile, at the other end, Wasim Jaffer brought up his fifth Test century.

End of day 1: India – 352/3

India continued on day two in the same vein as the first, playing aggressively without attempting reckless shots. Jaffer quickly brought up his second Test double century before falling to Tanvir, playing away from his body to one outside off stump. However, Ganguly and Laxman both hit centuries. India declared on 616/5, ending the innings with a Dhoni six which brought up his fifty.

Pakistan started their first innings positively, punishing Munaf Patel for 22 off 3 overs. Zaheer Khan twisted his ankle early (although returning to take the field later in the day), adding to India’s woes but find spin bowling by Harbhajan and Kumble pegged Pakistan back. Kumble trapped Yasir Hameed LBW and Pakistan batted out the rest of the day – ending on 50/1.

Pace Watch

India first innings:

Shoaib Akhtar - 120-153kph
Mohammad Sami - 125-139kph
Sohail Tanvir - 115-130kph

Pakistan first innings:

Zaheer Khan - 125-132kph
Munaf Patel - 125-135kph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back