Pakistan vs India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pakistan vs India

You never know, new captain, new India? If they want to emulate the Australians then they have to start risking things, turning a draw into a victory is a good start.

I think you are right india want to score fast runs and declare early but now they have lost 2 wickets due to attacking. I think its good captaincy by Kumble.Good move to send Dhoni up. I hope something happens and the pitch cracks because otherwise the match will still be draw because the pitch is useless for the bowlers.

Indian batsmen were still comfortable in the second innings so this match will be a draw. but full marks to kumble for having a positive approach. it was very hard for dhoni to score runs with the negative tactics adopted by pakistan. im sure pakistan will manage a draw. even if they lose quick wickets india will never be able to get misbah out.

Kumble has declared as Sourav Ganguly is dismissed. Pakistan need 345 to win, but its unlikely that they'll get the runs. The bowlers have to bowl very well to win the match because the spinners aren't getting as much assistance from the pitch as you would expect from a day 5 pitch in India. India did it 6 years ago against Australia, can they do it again? They have 81 overs to do it.

I'm impressed with Kumble's captaincy. Even though this match might be a draw he has tried his best to get a result out of this match.

We need wickets quickly to have chance to win the game. But Akmal is playing very well. The only three batsman that india have trouble in getting out in 1st innings was Akmal, Misbah and sami. I hope for some magic by Bhajji and Kumble to get them out.

i cant belive misbah was dropped again.....misbah is the only obstacle for india....it was a very hard catch but if india had luck it would have been out.... i think the match will be a draw because misbah will keep batting.

great ball by munaf patel...misbah is out!!!!! he never looks like he will get out but it was a fantastic ball and misbah was confused totally.

I am very happy India are putting 100% effort. What a smart ball by Munaf. Akhtar got Dhoni the same way. I hope somehow we can dismiss Younis and Yousuf but only 35 overs are left :(

It's Tea Break and Pakistan need 219 runs to win with 6 wickets left.
Judging by the run rate; pakistan is going for a draw rather try and go for a win.

As expected the match ends in a draw. I think a batsman scoring a century on a fifth day pitch shows how flat it was. Pakistani batsmen have made some much needed runs in this match and their bowlers have recovered from illness so I think the Bangalore match should be more competitive.

I am happy that India tried to make a match out of it. The pitch was really dead. Everyone expected it to crack on day 4 and 5 but it didnt. the curator should have prepared a result pitch. this was a boring match and the crowd attendance on the last 2 days was really poor.

Well :) as expected;the pakistanis went for a draw instead for a win.
They didn't seem to have the options as well.
Bangalore will be a litmus test for them.
Hoping for a exciting test match :)

Jeff Lawson suggested in the Press conference that Pakistan had gained a moral victory by drawing the match. I find it hard to believe that Pakistan gained any moral victory from this match. India were on top for most of the game. Had it not been for the slow nature of the wicket, we would have won. Kumble refused to concede any moral victory to Pakistan.

Anil Kumble said:
I don't believe in moral victories. It's really crazy, I don't know why people talk about moral victories. When you struggle to pick up five wickets in both innings, that's no moral victory to me. To me what matters is the result and I think overall we dominated the match over the five days.

Jeff Lawson also suggested that Pakistan, at one stage, were eying a victory.

Jeff Lawson said:
In the last 15 overs we only needed 11 an over to win. So I did actually mention it in the dressing room and the fact that Younis was batting and he did play a sweep shot past point last ball before the drinks break, I thought he must be thinking the same thing. Yes, I did think about it but we decided to play out time.

Great statement by kumble :D I like his captaincy very much. he has a very aggressive and positive approach. he has impressed until now. i think had it been dravid he would have made india bat for the whole day to make sure pakistan have no chance to win.

pakistan cant win the series now. they have become utter rubbish team recently. have they won anything since the t20 world cup which they didnt win either.

zaheer has been rested for the third test because he got injured. munaf patel is also out of the team. they have irfan and vrv in their place. i hope its a turner in bangalore because though his domestic record is impressive im not so sure how vrv will perform. i think india should go with kartik instead of harbhajam or maybe even three spinners and pathan.

gambhir should open the batting in the next game.....karthik will defiantly fail in australia so we should give gambhir some practice instead.

I hear that the pitch will have grass and moisture. Its bad for India because our main fast bowlers are injured. Why dont they make a pitch to suit the home team?

sachin and dhoni are doubtful for the match :(
yuvraj can come in place of dhoni but no one can replace sachin. everything is against india in this match. our fast bowlers are injured and they decide to make a track to help the fast bowlers. i hope we perform well because they said this is a result so india cant escape with a draw like pakistan did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back