Pakistan vs India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pakistan vs India

swghayward79 said:
He switches between pace and spin as the need arises.

If you look at his profile it says he does both. Not a bad skill to have.

Thanks for that i thought i was seeing things.He looked pretty useful but still should have been steaming in.

As I was typing Yousuf also goes, Singh again, this time on his own, bowling him as Yousuf went to drive against the spin.

Pakistan in the mire here a bit.

Two important breakthroughs for India today. I was expecting a big partnership between Yousuf and Younis. I think the spinners are going to bowl all day as the pitch doesn't offer any assistance to the pacers. For me Misbah is the most important wicket now.

Bhajji and Kumble have done a great job. Younis khan was playing too agressively thats why he got out. Pakistan already lost 4 wickets today i hope we just get misbah soon. I hate amir sohail he always acts like pakistani batsmen didnt deserve to be out. He is blaming jeff lawson for poor batting by Pakistan.

Pakistan were way too aggressive. Nothing wrong with a positive approach, but I didn't understand the tactic of playing reverse sweeps when your side is in trouble. India is in the drivers seat right now and they'll have to bowl badly to let Pakistan score the 262 runs required to save the follow on.

A partnership is forming between akmal and misbah. Why do the bowlers always have trouble against misbah ? We need a wicket soon.

they have made a big partnership :(..... why we bowl like this.....i am getting very frustrated...if they dont get pakistan all out today then the match will be a draw...

both batsmen are approaching 100. india need a breakthrough soon or pakistan will save the follow on. the pitch is still very good. and when a chance came munaf patel dropped akmal :mad:.

Seems that they will save the follow on after all. India just can't dismiss Misbah-ul-Haq. I can see him batting for another 2 days unless he throws away his wicket like he so often does. Good batting by Pakistan for the first time in this series. Both the batsmen have scored hundreds.

a wicket at last.....well still misbah is batting so i am not so happy.....but harbhajan has bowled really well.....i hope sami doesnt bat for a long time like in the last match.

I'll confess to not knowing that much about Younis Khan but despite his blatant talents he has always struck me as a bloke with a rather large yellow streak (possibly, something that has stopped him from scoring a lot more runs).

This story here, once again shows it. When asked about selection issues, Shoaib in particular, he couldn't move fast enough to pass the buck. Ok, so he may not have been behind them, but play for the team not yourself.

I think this is the real reason why Pakistan fail to utilise the talent they have - the complete lack of teamwork within the squad.

Almost_Austwick said:
I think this is the real reason why Pakistan fail to utilise the talent they have - the complete lack of teamwork within the squad.

Very true, the best coach they can ever have is one who brings the team together.

This is a deadmatch already i feel. If Pakistan pass the follow on India are going to have to go out and slog as many runs as possible as quick as possible, simply because the Pakistan bowling attack isnt good enough to get 10 wickets so they'll either get themselves out or declare. The decision to play ahktar has probably lost pakistan the match. Both teams will pile on more runs and i predict a draw from here.

Even if Pakistan don't save the follow on, I think India will bat for a session or two until they feel safe. If the pitch assists the spinners, Kumble and Harbhajan can be a handful, but otherwise its going to be a draw.

wicket for laxman!!!!!.....wickets have fallen after long time.....if india didnt drop catches earlier then we could win.....but i think the match is dead now because sami batted so long.....i was getting bored and irritated with pakistan batting.....i hope to see india finish them quickly and bat soon..

If India want to push for victory they need to wrap things up now and really for it, try and get a lead of 320 then declare. Though it's doubtful, just under 3 sessions might be enough.

With that Singh gets a 5 fer and India lead by 160. They about 40 overs left in the day (light and weather permitting) to try and get a lead of around 300.

i dont think india will be aggressive......if they declare on 300 lead then pakistan will still have a chance to win....india always are defensive so match will be only a draw.. i hope dinesh karthik gets a big score in this innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back