TAKE A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

Well I used to wear platform shoes and wide flares.
Violence and swearing is becoming more common place on media and I don't think much of modern music, especially Rap which I loathe... . it's not music!
Agree. The disco sound was ok. Did you guys and gal used to go to the local discotheque.
1724908904724.jpeg

Last edited:
LGBITQ people are keen to have lots of boxes to tick in our next Austrialian Census to express their gender orientation. Fairynuff.
Everyone is having a loud say about it like 'gender at birth' ... or what about those 'trisexuals' and may I suggest boxes too for 'none', 'not sure', 'too old', or even 'self lover married to myself'! Some do!

As for Religion, I used to ascribe to Jedyism or a Jedi theology from Star Wars until some bureaucrat without a sense of humour banned it.
"May the Force be with you".

Last edited:
LGBITQ people are keen to have lots of boxes to tick in our next Austrialian Census to express their gender orientation. Fairynuff.
Everyone is having a loud say about it like 'gender at birth' ... or what about those 'trisexuals' and may I suggest boxes too for 'none', 'not sure', 'too old', or even 'self lover married to myself'! Some do!

As for Religion, I used to ascribe to Jedyism or a Jedi theology from Star Wars until some bureaucrat without a sense of humour banned it.
"May the Force be with you".
When I fill out forms I always tick the Prefer Not To Say box 😂
I was recently sent a survey by my employers, but I don't do surveys so I asked was it compulsory, I was told ' no but we strongly advise you to complete it', I didn't complete it and I won't if I'm asked again!

Lovely! 🐕
looker-on looker-on how is your pooch, is she called Suri? 🤔
That memory! Almost right: her name is Sari (short for Zarina). My old lady is getting on in years and doesn't want to admit it. At 14 she needs more rests and enjoys life in her bike basket more than anything else. I adjust everything to suit her needs, let her decide on how long the walks should be, and often have to cut them short when I realise that she won't manage the distance back home. Dachshunds tend to overestimate their power and physical capabilities. I'm aware it can be over any minute and thoroughly enjoy her company although she seldom lets me sleep through the night and vet bills becoming higher.

That memory! Almost right: her name is Sari (short for Zarina). My old lady is getting on in years and doesn't want to admit it. At 14 she needs more rests and enjoys life in her bike basket more than anything else. I adjust everything to suit her needs, let her decide on how long the walks should be, and often have to cut them short when I realise that she won't manage the distance back home. Dachshunds tend to overestimate their power and physical capabilities. I'm aware it can be over any minute and thoroughly enjoy her company although she seldom lets me sleep through the night and vet bills becoming higher.
Ah bless her 😍
I remember you telling us about her surgery too. My memory is pretty impressive 😁I should be in the Guinness World Records! 😎

Another memory I have is early hours one Christmas morning, Father Christmas had left me a tea set, so i filled up the kettle and milk jugs and had a tea party on my bed, by the time my parents got up my whole bed and covers were drenched😁

Another memory I have is early hours one Christmas morning, Father Christmas had left me a tea set, so i filled up the kettle and milk jugs and had a tea party on my bed, by the time my parents got up my whole bed and covers were drenched😁
That would be a good anecdote for our Chrissie thread.

I remember our school dinners, we always seemed to be having chips and pizza, and occasionally we'd have chicken and mushroom pie, and I remember seeing the mushrooms and refusing to eat them as they looked like slugs 😂
We had apples and oranges cut into quarters and milk, that was before our school dinner.
We weren't allowed to eat sweets in class, we had to leave them in our desks until break time.

I remember our school dinners, we always seemed to be having chips and pizza,
Jessica is your dinner our lunch? Pizza and chips wow that was a luxury for me, until I went to secondary school. In juniors we had soggy sandwiches with god only knows what filling, while our only treat was ham/egg twice a week, same as at breakfast. Best part of our lunch was the bottled milk, always cold and fresh.

Last edited:
Jessica is your dinner our lunch? Pizza and chips wow that was a luxury for me, until I went to secondary school. In juniors we had soggy sandwiches with god only knows what filling, while our only treat was ham/egg twice a week, same as at breakfast. Best part of our lunch was the bottled milk, always cold and fresh.
Our dinner is around 12 noon so yes it's your lunch 🤗
Soggy sandwiches sounds awful, probably kept the best food for the teachers.

Lay bets that was the case. The Masons needed to face charges the way we were treated, like wayward boys as you'd find at a Borstal like institution.
I had an uncle who was at Borstal, he certainly was wayward, he managed to escape a few times, he changed though as he got older and stayed out of trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back