The Lounge 2

Harris' main problem is she is just awful to listen to, something about Iit is really irritating.
Interesting. Could you explain why? I find Biden is difficult to listen to for all his mumbling which basically seems age-related. Trump and George W. Bush aren't great orators either but Obama is.

Last edited:
Gotta say as VP she was conspicuous by her absence. Seemed to hide in the shadows well behind Joe. But I now think she has plenty of upside and will give Trump a good run for his money.
Didn't Biden contribute to that by putting her in charge of those unpleasant issues like immigration which he himself should feel responsible for as the president?

I heard it on our ABC radio news and several tv channels.
Didn't Biden contribute to that by putting her in charge of those unpleasant issues like immigration which he himself should feel responsible for as the president?
I heard on the radio VP's often get the tough jobs. 🛠
They take the heat with unpopular roles like Harris being in charge of immigration... 👍

VP nominee Vance could be Trump's attack dog 🐺
leaving Trump to be more Presidential?🤴

Harris does seem flamboyant and loud. She's quick witted though while laughing, joking and waving her arms. 🤷‍♀️
Maybe she could out motor-mouth Trump!
She leads now by 2%.🏃‍♀️

Last edited:
I heard it on our ABC radio news and several tv channels.

I heard on the radio VP's often get the tough jobs. 🛠
They take the heat with unpopular roles like Harris being in charge of immigration... 👍

VP nominee Vance could be Trump's attack dog 🐺
leaving Trump to be more Presidential?🤴

Harris does seem flamboyant and loud. She's quick witted though while laughing, joking and waving her arms. 🤷‍♀️
Maybe she could out motor-mouth Trump!
She leads now by 2%.🏃‍♀️
Her laugh is feared by some men and political opponents like Trump. He's singled out one element of her rhetoric and personality to disparage her. He clearly can't stand self-confident and successful women. She may really fit the bill.

Interesting. Could you explain why? I find Biden is difficult to listen to for all his mumbling which basically seems age-related. Trump and George W. Bush aren't great orators either but Obama is.
It's just her mannerisms or something, it wouldn't stop me from voting for her and shouldn't matter but unfortunately it does with a lot of voters.

I think Trump speaking style is actually his strength, it's how he gets away with saying so much stuff that is simply garbage.

U.S. Vice President Harris has pressured Israeli PM Netanyahu to help reach a Gaza ceasefire deal that would ease the suffering of Palestinian civilians, striking a tougher tone than President Joe Biden.

Good for you Kamala

U.S. Vice President Harris has pressured Israeli PM Netanyahu to help reach a Gaza ceasefire deal that would ease the suffering of Palestinian civilians, striking a tougher tone than President Joe Biden.

Good for you Kamala
She did that while being married to a Jew.

Harris met her future husband, attorney Doug Emhoff, through a mutual friend who set up Harris and Emhoff on a blind date in 2013.[323] Emhoff, who was born in a Jewish family,...
He is also the first Jewish spouse of an American president or vice president.[1]
That's great Thomas. Now she can't rationally be labeled as anti-Semitic. 👍 Anyway, it's not anti anything to call out Genocide.
That won't stop 'Bull in a China shop Trump' though. ⚱🐂

Character assassinations, lies, insults, exaggerations like "She's a million times worse than Biden!" screamed Vance, seems to be the republicans main political weapon currently. That's petty.

Her tougher stance already on the dire Gaza situation with Netanyahoo was great to see.
She's not always flippant.

Last edited:
Gotta say the Paris opening ceremony was a 'damp squib'. For starters why have a majority of it during the day, a wet/overcast one at that, when nite with all the color and pageantry of Paris would have been a far greater spectacle even with rain. 4/10 from me.

Last edited:
Gotta say the Paris opening ceremony was a 'damp squib'. For starters why have a majority of it during the day, a wet/overcast one at that, when nite with all the color and pageantry of Paris would have been a far greater spectacle. 4/10 from me.
It was a bit bland Craig.
With my Smart tv I went to 9Now to watch repeats of events like 7 a side Rugby to watch Australia thrash the US. Pick a sport and event and watch it. I'm tempted to have a look at Break dancing...

Thomas, Germany's woman's soccer team throughly deserved to beat Australia 3-0 . It could have been 4-0.
Those tall lithe blond German Valkyries were unstoppable.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a joke Terry? What about swimming, cycling, hockey or athletics, all being covered on the Olympics thread. Like horses, equestrian also

No joke Craig, I'm just curious and want a peek at these new weird sports, that's all.

Gotta watch our Aussie 7's Rugby. And the Soccer, Athletics, Hockey, ... Gymnastics, Diving, ....

I never watch opening ceremonies which is why I missed out on Bond jumping off a plane with the Queen (was it so?) Nor could I be bothered to view Putin's and Xi's propaganda shows. Only those who have a smattering of the host nation's history can make sense of what's shown in opening ceremonies. You don't learn anything from those but might get inspired to look sth. up, which seems to be the underlying intention.
That Keeping up with the Jonses- virus apparently can't be eradicated yet it is noticeable that France wants to cap expenses and is trying to host sustainable Games. Games like in Athens or a World Cup like in Qatar are a thing of the past.

Back