Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

stumpy;290746 said:
Kidding Yourself aren't ya. They're a class below those guys picked.

think u way off the mark there with wal, pup and brian!!!!!!!- but i dont think any of us tried out. AWESOME TEAM though, goodluck over the new year guys.
we may have copped some ify decisions but that is cricket and melton deserved win. as for murp- just let him know, remember whos giving him shit on the sidelines- and give that person/people a spray-NOT THE NUMBER 11 COMING IN WHO WAS STICKING UP FO HIM ON THE SIDELINES, telling their teamates to ease off. did make me laugh though.

stumpy;290746 said:

think u way off the mark there with wal, pup and brian!!!!!!!- but i dont think any of us tried out. AWESOME TEAM though, goodluck over the new year guys.
we may have copped some ify decisions but that is cricket and melton deserved win. as for murp- just let him know, remember whos giving him shit on the sidelines- and give that person/people a spray-NOT THE NUMBER 11 COMING IN WHO WAS STICKING UP FO HIM ON THE SIDELINES, telling their teamates to ease off. did make me laugh though.

Eddy will do well. He's a good bloke and a very good batsman. The only question will be whether or not he can reel himself in against good bowling- if he can do that, and get himself in, then there's no need to worry about him.

All up it's a good strong squad.

And nobody from Roosters or Kingybaps showed up at training, so that's that!

Eddy will do well. He's a good bloke and a very good batsman. The only question will be whether or not he can reel himself in against good bowling- if he can do that, and get himself in, then there's no need to worry about him.

All up it's a good strong squad.

And nobody from Roosters or Kingybaps showed up at training, so that's that!

Just read the minutes from the BOM on Monday and noticed that ther was an invite to any cricketerto with whom has the bye that the comp is sort of umpires and they're jobs going. Something for all playing turf to have a think about and put the shoe on the other foot. Anyway well done to Melton on the weekend just to good on the day but I'm sure that if we meet again that we can revearse the result.

Just read the minutes from the BOM on Monday and noticed that ther was an invite to any cricketerto with whom has the bye that the comp is sort of umpires and they're jobs going. Something for all playing turf to have a think about and put the shoe on the other foot. Anyway well done to Melton on the weekend just to good on the day but I'm sure that if we meet again that we can revearse the result.

The final Round of games before the christmas break and there are some big games coming up. Here are my tips folkes.

Match of the Round between St Andrews and Willy Congs will be a great game. I think St Andrews will get over the line as their batting depth will be to strong for Congs.

St Johns v Kingy Bapts is another big game for both clubs as a loss to either side will make it tougher to make the finals. I think Kingy can win this match as they have a bit more depth in batting and St Johns are struggling to get 11 contributors at the moment.

It's the battle of the cellar dwellers between Caroline Springs and Altona Roosters #2. I reckon the Roosters #2 will win this as they may be able to drop some of their #1 into the side to strenghthen the team as the #1's have the bye this week.

Melton Centrals should be to strong for Burnside in their match. Once again their batting and bowling depth will be to much for the Burnside team

Look forward to hear everyone elses tips

The final Round of games before the christmas break and there are some big games coming up. Here are my tips folkes.

Match of the Round between St Andrews and Willy Congs will be a great game. I think St Andrews will get over the line as their batting depth will be to strong for Congs.

St Johns v Kingy Bapts is another big game for both clubs as a loss to either side will make it tougher to make the finals. I think Kingy can win this match as they have a bit more depth in batting and St Johns are struggling to get 11 contributors at the moment.

It's the battle of the cellar dwellers between Caroline Springs and Altona Roosters #2. I reckon the Roosters #2 will win this as they may be able to drop some of their #1 into the side to strenghthen the team as the #1's have the bye this week.

Melton Centrals should be to strong for Burnside in their match. Once again their batting and bowling depth will be to much for the Burnside team

Billy Bowden;291755 said:

I reckon you've got it pretty much spot on billy. If roosters drop some players down then they should win otherwise caroline springs will be too good for them.
Also, i don't think that congs and st andrews will be a great game at all. If st andrews decide to turn it on, they will smash congs.
St johns v Kingy bapts should be an interesting one. St Johns will always be there abouts. But if kingy can bring some form from their first couple of games then i think they could cause an upset.
I dont know much about the burnside team (apart from 2 or 3 players) but i still think centrals should win and win well.
Good Luck!

Billy Bowden;291755 said:

I reckon you've got it pretty much spot on billy. If roosters drop some players down then they should win otherwise caroline springs will be too good for them.
Also, i don't think that congs and st andrews will be a great game at all. If st andrews decide to turn it on, they will smash congs.
St johns v Kingy bapts should be an interesting one. St Johns will always be there abouts. But if kingy can bring some form from their first couple of games then i think they could cause an upset.
I dont know much about the burnside team (apart from 2 or 3 players) but i still think centrals should win and win well.
Good Luck!

stumpy;290746 said:

No i dont think im kidding my self Stumpy.Mick Nolton is the leading wicket taker in the comp if u dont mind. Pup is a great all rounder who can turn a game on its head has double tonned twice and countless 5 wicket games and Brian has to be in front of Eddy the matting opener surely Brian is batting in the big leage not the little leage come on Stumpy get fairdinkum, sorry i forgot WAL the most inform bat in the club......................
I do believe at this point in time we are on top of the ladder and lost a gallant run chase to melton (thanks Gooky 3LBW) not bad for someone who doesnt give LBs very often....................
some of our players must surely be in the team on form alone at the current minute not because of reputation alone.............
These boys are class in my eyes...........................

stumpy;290746 said:

No i dont think im kidding my self Stumpy.Mick Nolton is the leading wicket taker in the comp if u dont mind. Pup is a great all rounder who can turn a game on its head has double tonned twice and countless 5 wicket games and Brian has to be in front of Eddy the matting opener surely Brian is batting in the big leage not the little leage come on Stumpy get fairdinkum, sorry i forgot WAL the most inform bat in the club......................
I do believe at this point in time we are on top of the ladder and lost a gallant run chase to melton (thanks Gooky 3LBW) not bad for someone who doesnt give LBs very often....................
some of our players must surely be in the team on form alone at the current minute not because of reputation alone.............

BigCoq;292237 said:

i agree with u big coq...dont think any of the guys from the rooster trained for the team so i can see why there didnt get it.wal,pup,mick,brain are all guys that would be pushing to be in the side

BigCoq;292237 said:

i agree with u big coq...dont think any of the guys from the rooster trained for the team so i can see why there didnt get it.wal,pup,mick,brain are all guys that would be pushing to be in the side

altonasJB;292242 said:

Good to see you Roosters boys backing each other up and so you should being team mates but lets be realistic about a few things.

I agree with you Big Coq and JB about Brian. Brian is a very good bat and I would have him in front of Lee Edwards if he made himself available. Brian has an excellent technique for a top order batsman. Only querry with him is he gets him self out to many times after getting a good start.

Pup is a good average player and was a gun in the comp 10 - 15 years ago but these days he is a medium pace bowler who can smash a few runs down the lower order. The allrounders in the team are guys like Temby brothers and Chris Armstrong who are dominating games for their clubs this year.

I admire Pots for all his hard work from coming from C/B Grade 2 years ago to now playing in the #1's. But Pots would be the first bloke to say there is better bowlers in the comp than him. Looking at a few bowlers this year Draper of St Andrews would be the first bowler I would pick. Very Quick and accurate as well.

Finally Wally me Kiwi buddy. Wally is a good ordinary player but he plays accross the line alot and gets found out against the top bowlers. As per the squad, I would have Hayes, Edwards, Pipzcack, Temby's, Armstrong, Hodgart in front of him.

altonasJB;292242 said:

Good to see you Roosters boys backing each other up and so you should being team mates but lets be realistic about a few things.

I agree with you Big Coq and JB about Brian. Brian is a very good bat and I would have him in front of Lee Edwards if he made himself available. Brian has an excellent technique for a top order batsman. Only querry with him is he gets him self out to many times after getting a good start.

Pup is a good average player and was a gun in the comp 10 - 15 years ago but these days he is a medium pace bowler who can smash a few runs down the lower order. The allrounders in the team are guys like Temby brothers and Chris Armstrong who are dominating games for their clubs this year.

I admire Pots for all his hard work from coming from C/B Grade 2 years ago to now playing in the #1's. But Pots would be the first bloke to say there is better bowlers in the comp than him. Looking at a few bowlers this year Draper of St Andrews would be the first bowler I would pick. Very Quick and accurate as well.

Finally Wally me Kiwi buddy. Wally is a good ordinary player but he plays accross the line alot and gets found out against the top bowlers. As per the squad, I would have Hayes, Edwards, Pipzcack, Temby's, Armstrong, Hodgart in front of him.

END OF DAY, none of us tried out so we will never know. crystal ball time - if we did........yes brian is pure class, and u would think he would have made it over a matts batsman. pup i love and think he would have been close, same with wal. i think wal wil ton up atleast once or twice this season,hes looking better every season. in saying that-its a AWESOME team.
brings me to myself- if i honestly made the top 22 (if there was a "b" team), i would be rapt! think those boys/bowlers in that team, have the wickets on the board in the highest grade for a while now. if, big IF, i continue on with form this year and start of next year, would love to try out given the time.-would still be pushing shit up hill though!!!!
good luck to everyone this week- really interested in st.andrews v congs

END OF DAY, none of us tried out so we will never know. crystal ball time - if we did........yes brian is pure class, and u would think he would have made it over a matts batsman. pup i love and think he would have been close, same with wal. i think wal wil ton up atleast once or twice this season,hes looking better every season. in saying that-its a AWESOME team.
brings me to myself- if i honestly made the top 22 (if there was a "b" team), i would be rapt! think those boys/bowlers in that team, have the wickets on the board in the highest grade for a while now. if, big IF, i continue on with form this year and start of next year, would love to try out given the time.-would still be pushing shit up hill though!!!!
good luck to everyone this week- really interested in st.andrews v congs

Did I hear right gooky gave 3 lbw's??? In that case roosters have been stiff. But forbes still has the record in round 5, springs V st.andrews with 4 lbw's to chafer (left arm bowler) all to right hand bastmen.

Did I hear right gooky gave 3 lbw's??? In that case roosters have been stiff. But forbes still has the record in round 5, springs V st.andrews with 4 lbw's to chafer (left arm bowler) all to right hand bastmen.

TableDancer;292344 said:

nothing wrong with lbws, if theres 7 legitimate in one innings so be it, ifs theres 7 caught behind no ones complains. we all want consisitantsy, but be realistic- sometimes umps have a bad day , as do bowlers and batsman. A couple "ify" decesions are OK- shit happens and normally evens up.
all you can ever ask for, is that its always PROFESSIONAL and never PERSONAL.

TableDancer;292344 said:

nothing wrong with lbws, if theres 7 legitimate in one innings so be it, ifs theres 7 caught behind no ones complains. we all want consisitantsy, but be realistic- sometimes umps have a bad day , as do bowlers and batsman. A couple "ify" decesions are OK- shit happens and normally evens up.
all you can ever ask for, is that its always PROFESSIONAL and never PERSONAL.

TableDancer;292344 said:

Poor form Tabletop,baggin umps for bad decisions:eek:...............Im sure Gooky+Forbesy will be reading this+will put it in the memory bank!!!!!!!

TableDancer;292344 said:

Poor form Tabletop,baggin umps for bad decisions:eek:...............Im sure Gooky+Forbesy will be reading this+will put it in the memory bank!!!!!!!

hussler;292594 said:

Maybe hussler, but one would hope they can be professional and take a little criticism. Time will tell..

hussler;292594 said:

Maybe hussler, but one would hope they can be professional and take a little criticism. Time will tell..

TableDancer;292619 said:

I know they get paid but............................professional?????,I wouldnt think so:( hahaha????????? Hope it doesnt come back + bite ya in the finals?????????:eek:........"GO THE CONGS"................

TableDancer;292619 said:

I know they get paid but............................professional?????,I wouldnt think so:( hahaha????????? Hope it doesnt come back + bite ya in the finals?????????:eek:........"GO THE CONGS"................

hussler;292663 said:

finals? Our mob wont make finals

hussler;292663 said:

finals? Our mob wont make finals

ok everyone the hussler thinks he is so good his made 59 runs for the year in 5 hits how bout just trying make decent score champ ur not good as think you are bagging people and this comp

ok everyone the hussler thinks he is so good his made 59 runs for the year in 5 hits how bout just trying make decent score champ ur not good as think you are bagging people and this comp

just try worrying about make a decent score champ and talk in ur own comp or just the laughing stock of it

just try worrying about make a decent score champ and talk in ur own comp or just the laughing stock of it

Nathan;293438 said:

WOW Mr Results Vault,You've obviously got no clue at all!!! I'd like to know who u are, if your not to scared to tell me that is??? tell me how you've been going the last 30 years???C'mon,have you got any BALLS germboy??????:eek:

Nathan;293438 said:

WOW Mr Results Vault,You've obviously got no clue at all!!! I'd like to know who u are, if your not to scared to tell me that is??? tell me how you've been going the last 30 years???C'mon,have you got any BALLS germboy??????:eek:

relax boofa mate just worry bout making runs in b turf then try be good enough to play a turf if ur any good or up for it

relax boofa mate just worry bout making runs in b turf then try be good enough to play a turf if ur any good or up for it

Nathan;293484 said:

A-Turf days are over.....to old+just happy where i am:cool: What about u?It might time to come show us how good you are Moonface:eek:

Nathan;293484 said:

A-Turf days are over.....to old+just happy where i am:cool: What about u?It might time to come show us how good you are Moonface:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back