Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Pretty interesting round. I'm glad we're back into the two day games now though. I can't stand the 35 over games.

I would have loved to have seen the Willi Congs- Centrals game. Congrats to Hayes - definitely won the game for his team. Another good win by St. Andrew, although I had kind of expected them to take it a little easier than they did in the end. St. Johns' chances of finals are looking more and more precarious. I really believe that the Congs will come good and take fourth. I just think they have more quality and depth than the other three contenders for the spot. But cricket can be a bitch, so we'll see!

As for us? Just like every week, there are a tonne of positives to take out of the game. I was happy with the way us bowlers bowled, and I don't think the score hit against us told the entire story. I think we bowled without a whole lot of luck, and the risks that the Roosters boys took paid off. Our batting needs work, but chasing a big score in 35 overs is difficult, and our risks didn't pay off (note to self: don't let Pots bowl you around your legs next time. Still not sure how it happened!). But congrats to the Roosters, a really good and encouraging team - along with the Congs, probably my favourite opposition of the season.

And I can't wait for this Sunday - back to two day games! Plus I finally get to see first hand how good the St. Andrews boys are. Really looking forward to seeing just how quick Draper is, and bowling and batting against Armstrong should be a challenge. Can't wait!

Pretty interesting round. I'm glad we're back into the two day games now though. I can't stand the 35 over games.

I would have loved to have seen the Willi Congs- Centrals game. Congrats to Hayes - definitely won the game for his team. Another good win by St. Andrew, although I had kind of expected them to take it a little easier than they did in the end. St. Johns' chances of finals are looking more and more precarious. I really believe that the Congs will come good and take fourth. I just think they have more quality and depth than the other three contenders for the spot. But cricket can be a bitch, so we'll see!

As for us? Just like every week, there are a tonne of positives to take out of the game. I was happy with the way us bowlers bowled, and I don't think the score hit against us told the entire story. I think we bowled without a whole lot of luck, and the risks that the Roosters boys took paid off. Our batting needs work, but chasing a big score in 35 overs is difficult, and our risks didn't pay off (note to self: don't let Pots bowl you around your legs next time. Still not sure how it happened!). But congrats to the Roosters, a really good and encouraging team - along with the Congs, probably my favourite opposition of the season.

And I can't wait for this Sunday - back to two day games! Plus I finally get to see first hand how good the St. Andrews boys are. Really looking forward to seeing just how quick Draper is, and bowling and batting against Armstrong should be a challenge. Can't wait!

Billy Bowden;312718 said:
Some good questions you have raised BigCoq.

There are some big games coming up this week. There is potentional their in regards to Caroline Springs. Bowling is good but could do with another good seamer. Batting needs big improvement. They need about 3 or 4 good batsmen to bat in their top 7. Recruitment will be very important for next season.

In regards to Congs, I dont think this weeks game against Roosters #2 will tell you wether they are players or pretenders. Everyone knows they will most probably win easy. Very good performances against the top sides will determine how good they are. I believe Congs are a good side and will make the finals. I dont think they can win the flag as their batting depth is not not as good as Melton Centrals and St Andrews. I think they lack a good qaulity opener and number 3 (i.e - Hayes, Armstrong, Temby) but they are not the only club in this situation. There bowling is a very good balanced attack with some very good seamers and 2 quality spinners.

If the Congs are to make it they need to win against Burnside round 10 that should be the battle for 4th.
St johns need to have a massive form reversal in order to make it Roosters1, Melton & Caroline Springs.
Burnside has Kingy Big game Congs Massive game & Roosters1.
good luck to all.
its getting tight at the top.

Billy Bowden;312718 said:
Some good questions you have raised BigCoq.

There are some big games coming up this week. There is potentional their in regards to Caroline Springs. Bowling is good but could do with another good seamer. Batting needs big improvement. They need about 3 or 4 good batsmen to bat in their top 7. Recruitment will be very important for next season.

In regards to Congs, I dont think this weeks game against Roosters #2 will tell you wether they are players or pretenders. Everyone knows they will most probably win easy. Very good performances against the top sides will determine how good they are. I believe Congs are a good side and will make the finals. I dont think they can win the flag as their batting depth is not not as good as Melton Centrals and St Andrews. I think they lack a good qaulity opener and number 3 (i.e - Hayes, Armstrong, Temby) but they are not the only club in this situation. There bowling is a very good balanced attack with some very good seamers and 2 quality spinners.

If the Congs are to make it they need to win against Burnside round 10 that should be the battle for 4th.
St johns need to have a massive form reversal in order to make it Roosters1, Melton & Caroline Springs.
Burnside has Kingy Big game Congs Massive game & Roosters1.
good luck to all.
its getting tight at the top.

MV!;312744 said:

Thanks for the compliment young fella if your looking for a change you now were to find us and dont forget to bring Cusick with you.we are always looking out for up and coming talent as some of us are getting to old for this caper.......... Keep up the good work & posts.

MV!;312744 said:

Thanks for the compliment young fella if your looking for a change you now were to find us and dont forget to bring Cusick with you.we are always looking out for up and coming talent as some of us are getting to old for this caper.......... Keep up the good work & posts.

BigCoq;312688 said:
Match of the round would have to be Kingy vs Burnside i think the winner of this game should cement there place in the four. St Johns the game against Roosters 1 is do or die time for the boys.
St Andrews to strong for the youngsters at Caroline Springs however i think this side will challenge teams next year with a bit more experience and 1 or 2 pick ups in the off season heap of potential in that team. Lets hope they do better that Roosters 2 and not lose outright as that would put Melton on top good lord.......
Congs also just hanging in there by a thread the game against Roosters 2 will see were there at. The quetion is are Congs Players or Pretenders will surely be answered..

not sure if you read the same results as me biggie. congs will make finals and look out who ever plays them. their last 2 games have been a loss to st andrews by 3 runs and a loss to melton by 1 wicket. mind you 1 of their best all rounders wasnt playing being troy. opens the bowling and bats at 3. so look out this week coq boy cause you just might learn how good they are.

BigCoq;312688 said:
Match of the round would have to be Kingy vs Burnside i think the winner of this game should cement there place in the four. St Johns the game against Roosters 1 is do or die time for the boys.
St Andrews to strong for the youngsters at Caroline Springs however i think this side will challenge teams next year with a bit more experience and 1 or 2 pick ups in the off season heap of potential in that team. Lets hope they do better that Roosters 2 and not lose outright as that would put Melton on top good lord.......
Congs also just hanging in there by a thread the game against Roosters 2 will see were there at. The quetion is are Congs Players or Pretenders will surely be answered..

not sure if you read the same results as me biggie. congs will make finals and look out who ever plays them. their last 2 games have been a loss to st andrews by 3 runs and a loss to melton by 1 wicket. mind you 1 of their best all rounders wasnt playing being troy. opens the bowling and bats at 3. so look out this week coq boy cause you just might learn how good they are.

good game on the weekend by our boys, should that we hav the batting depth to come back from any situation, but if st johns known how to catch, could hav been a different story. chris armstrong dropped 5 times for 14, y cant i hav that sort of luck. in the end though, there was no fight by st johns really, being 1-60 at drinks to finsh at 5-120 odd, very surpised at this. great bowling all round by our guys with little hatty being the star. now for my first sunday game, will be interesting as the pitch wasnt the best this week. surprising that footscray united can play on our wicket on saturday and we hav to play sunday, should be other way round.

in other news, bigcoq u havent heard that cusick is gonna come to us next season after having a ball with us at the carnival, also because he isnt a typer like u guys

good game on the weekend by our boys, should that we hav the batting depth to come back from any situation, but if st johns known how to catch, could hav been a different story. chris armstrong dropped 5 times for 14, y cant i hav that sort of luck. in the end though, there was no fight by st johns really, being 1-60 at drinks to finsh at 5-120 odd, very surpised at this. great bowling all round by our guys with little hatty being the star. now for my first sunday game, will be interesting as the pitch wasnt the best this week. surprising that footscray united can play on our wicket on saturday and we hav to play sunday, should be other way round.

in other news, bigcoq u havent heard that cusick is gonna come to us next season after having a ball with us at the carnival, also because he isnt a typer like u guys

woooo hoooooo- 3 games till finals. Def looks like top3 are set, things are getting tight for 4th. I predicted congs would take 4th but massive loss on weekend, still has chance, just think now they need results to fall there way. thought it was only outa them and st.johns, but with burnside in there whos knows. who said burnside are only a 3 man team? well even if that was true... u can now make it a 4man team- vaughan is on the list (in the words of andrew o'keefe)
caroline springs bunch of great young kids. on paper doesnt tell true storey, they only need 2 batters 1 bowler and someting that u cant buy- experience! then they def in the 4. think they found the right bowling line up- baig, their captain in2 it. baig got great movement- STAY IN2 THE WIND, and let the young up and comer tear away -vine with it. he is gona seroiusly be good. cant let you in vine on how i bowled you around your legs mate, already spoke with u bout your bowling, gota keep some things to myself-( trueforly not hiding much- dont really know either lol)
matty hayes fantastic knock once again. brain robinson hits someform 2, great knock again mate- thanks for compliment b.bowden but- only as good as your bowling partner. after we opened up with the spin twins( as baskharon pointed out) and he got slapped 2 overs 0/12, blowing his average out to a staggering 7.9! chris dine took over his normal role & bowled beautifuly. been very consistant all year and without him would have nowhere as near many wickets.
this round gona be good -kingy pretty much last roll, and st.jons have a big game aswell. big coq- please please dont stir up the congs in anyway. on their day they are a awesome team. hope for other roosters boys u havent got thier backs up.

woooo hoooooo- 3 games till finals. Def looks like top3 are set, things are getting tight for 4th. I predicted congs would take 4th but massive loss on weekend, still has chance, just think now they need results to fall there way. thought it was only outa them and st.johns, but with burnside in there whos knows. who said burnside are only a 3 man team? well even if that was true... u can now make it a 4man team- vaughan is on the list (in the words of andrew o'keefe)
caroline springs bunch of great young kids. on paper doesnt tell true storey, they only need 2 batters 1 bowler and someting that u cant buy- experience! then they def in the 4. think they found the right bowling line up- baig, their captain in2 it. baig got great movement- STAY IN2 THE WIND, and let the young up and comer tear away -vine with it. he is gona seroiusly be good. cant let you in vine on how i bowled you around your legs mate, already spoke with u bout your bowling, gota keep some things to myself-( trueforly not hiding much- dont really know either lol)
matty hayes fantastic knock once again. brain robinson hits someform 2, great knock again mate- thanks for compliment b.bowden but- only as good as your bowling partner. after we opened up with the spin twins( as baskharon pointed out) and he got slapped 2 overs 0/12, blowing his average out to a staggering 7.9! chris dine took over his normal role & bowled beautifuly. been very consistant all year and without him would have nowhere as near many wickets.
this round gona be good -kingy pretty much last roll, and st.jons have a big game aswell. big coq- please please dont stir up the congs in anyway. on their day they are a awesome team. hope for other roosters boys u havent got thier backs up.

This weeks games getting more excited more pressure than ever to win games to secure or put other sides under pressure with finals around the corner.

St Johns v Roosters 1
Very big game for both clubs for may reasons. St johns a win to keep finals alive and keep pressure on them.Roosters 1 big game again playing against another stronger side and must be on song and be switched on for the 72 overs last week we where not switched on for the whole game and lucky o get away with it.Few players need to lift and perform even my self included we need to bat the overs something we have not done this season and post a big score. I always tipping us but wont be an easy game must work hard and bat well and bowl to win.
Kingy v Burnisde
Burnside very lucky to get out of jail i believe by few players feedback's but got the points thats the luck u need to make finals which at the moment are in the 4 but this game most important game of the year need to stand up and prove and earn being the 4th team and worthy finalist. Kingy just relying few players to perform which is always hard to win games but win here gives them slim hope making it i think another good game but i so think kingy will come on top. Burnside not strong enough and have shown me enough to put in four should won and won more easily against our 2s.
Roosters 2 v Congs
well what can i say about opur boys last week it should of been win number 2 no question asked all the boys should be dissapointed and hurt but the season not over for you guys have 3 games to worked hard and get something out the season. Captain blue pants is doing trying his gut out week in week out to show u boys to have pride and put in the effort to woin the game. I know this week big challange but i put it out to you guys to all set goals for when u batting and bowling fielding to take it up to side who s very good on paper but are underachieving by their standards so time to stand up and be counted boys we will see who are the boys from the men.
Congs unlucky by the score card couple close games but loss is a loss dont matter if its 1 run or 500 or 10 wkts but good chance to won this wekk get some confidence and push to get in the fur i think they will win . my boys in the 2s i challange you make fist of it bat the overs if u can and do everything possible to win the game good luck
Caroline Springs v St Andrews
Caroline have some great talent need few strong bats and can be side to be reckon with if can hold on to vine and cossick if thats how it spelt and captain bowls well but st andrews to be too strong just keep having pride and enjoy this year boys but st andrews to so up top spot this week with big win
M.vine best young player of the year by a mile got great action bowling and has lot to offer with he bat sky the limit for you mate i thinked u should go lot higher mate and lewarn more and become ever more better for guy like u being young having lot pressure to perform with bat and ball great job fella
GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE THIS WEEK

This weeks games getting more excited more pressure than ever to win games to secure or put other sides under pressure with finals around the corner.

St Johns v Roosters 1
Very big game for both clubs for may reasons. St johns a win to keep finals alive and keep pressure on them.Roosters 1 big game again playing against another stronger side and must be on song and be switched on for the 72 overs last week we where not switched on for the whole game and lucky o get away with it.Few players need to lift and perform even my self included we need to bat the overs something we have not done this season and post a big score. I always tipping us but wont be an easy game must work hard and bat well and bowl to win.
Kingy v Burnisde
Burnside very lucky to get out of jail i believe by few players feedback's but got the points thats the luck u need to make finals which at the moment are in the 4 but this game most important game of the year need to stand up and prove and earn being the 4th team and worthy finalist. Kingy just relying few players to perform which is always hard to win games but win here gives them slim hope making it i think another good game but i so think kingy will come on top. Burnside not strong enough and have shown me enough to put in four should won and won more easily against our 2s.
Roosters 2 v Congs
well what can i say about opur boys last week it should of been win number 2 no question asked all the boys should be dissapointed and hurt but the season not over for you guys have 3 games to worked hard and get something out the season. Captain blue pants is doing trying his gut out week in week out to show u boys to have pride and put in the effort to woin the game. I know this week big challange but i put it out to you guys to all set goals for when u batting and bowling fielding to take it up to side who s very good on paper but are underachieving by their standards so time to stand up and be counted boys we will see who are the boys from the men.
Congs unlucky by the score card couple close games but loss is a loss dont matter if its 1 run or 500 or 10 wkts but good chance to won this wekk get some confidence and push to get in the fur i think they will win . my boys in the 2s i challange you make fist of it bat the overs if u can and do everything possible to win the game good luck
Caroline Springs v St Andrews
Caroline have some great talent need few strong bats and can be side to be reckon with if can hold on to vine and cossick if thats how it spelt and captain bowls well but st andrews to be too strong just keep having pride and enjoy this year boys but st andrews to so up top spot this week with big win
M.vine best young player of the year by a mile got great action bowling and has lot to offer with he bat sky the limit for you mate i thinked u should go lot higher mate and lewarn more and become ever more better for guy like u being young having lot pressure to perform with bat and ball great job fella
GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE THIS WEEK

good win last game for us....altona roosters 1's played a good game well done to B'reI(brian robinson) alot of people saying he gets small start but then dont cash in good to see hes hard work early pay off and make two good scores in a row .also good to see our bowlers bowling well ,pots always bowling well ,el capie'tain chrissy dine also firing,pup a.k.a stop all station to wicketville but not stoping south kensington darren wainwright getting a bowl and i cant forget ,bowlers name (leigh lewis) get a bowl.

roosters 1's a great test this week.i already play st john once this yeah and made 2ducks lol:( so ill be looking to make up for it)
i think the cong will take the last place of the finals to many good players not to make finals(love playing congs )
well done to hayes again making runs still think IN MY OPP is he is the best bat in the comp

well good luck to everyone this week and as always GO THE ROOSTERS

good win last game for us....altona roosters 1's played a good game well done to B'reI(brian robinson) alot of people saying he gets small start but then dont cash in good to see hes hard work early pay off and make two good scores in a row .also good to see our bowlers bowling well ,pots always bowling well ,el capie'tain chrissy dine also firing,pup a.k.a stop all station to wicketville but not stoping south kensington darren wainwright getting a bowl and i cant forget ,bowlers name (leigh lewis) get a bowl.

roosters 1's a great test this week.i already play st john once this yeah and made 2ducks lol:( so ill be looking to make up for it)
i think the cong will take the last place of the finals to many good players not to make finals(love playing congs )
well done to hayes again making runs still think IN MY OPP is he is the best bat in the comp

well good luck to everyone this week and as always GO THE ROOSTERS

fine legs;312840 said:

Legs i only look at the win loss table not the coulda woulda factor. if i took that into account Roosters 2 would have 3 wins but reality bites and the ladder tells the tale.if you would like a run down of the player i dont have available compared to last year i could go on all day but we dont hide behind excuses we get out there put our best foot forward and test our selfs against the opposition put infront of us.
Sorry hot legs i cant see you getting into the 4 u left yourselfs way to much work too do. u are a good side granted but if the cricket god arent smilling on you then just keep soldering on. Best of Luck this Sunday.

fine legs;312840 said:

Legs i only look at the win loss table not the coulda woulda factor. if i took that into account Roosters 2 would have 3 wins but reality bites and the ladder tells the tale.if you would like a run down of the player i dont have available compared to last year i could go on all day but we dont hide behind excuses we get out there put our best foot forward and test our selfs against the opposition put infront of us.
Sorry hot legs i cant see you getting into the 4 u left yourselfs way to much work too do. u are a good side granted but if the cricket god arent smilling on you then just keep soldering on. Best of Luck this Sunday.

Hello All .

Here is the latest Breaking News. Went for a drive last night past Kingsvilles ground, Angliss reserve, and decided to park and watch Kingy train.

I must say the lads trained the house down, even the veterans were inspirational, and firing up the young blokes.. Also found out that this match between Kingy V Burnside has been altered to this Saturday and next Sunday.

Opens up the opportunity for all of us who dont play next Sunday to go down to Angliss reserve, and have a look at both teams, as we all might come up against them leading into finals.

The other major Breaking News I have is all reports Kingy have commenced huge plans for next year, and by all reports will be looking to enter 2 teams in the Turf, to eliminate the ridiculous bye scenario.

I believe if that happens it will be a plus for the comp, which leads me into commending Altona Roosters for providing two teams on turf.

Have noticed Big Coq has been receiving some stick here, and from his comments have worked out he is captain for Roosters number 2. I truly believe he has done an excellent job, as we all must remember "you can only go to war with the soldiers you have"

But rest assured that the boys who have participated in the turf this year for Roosters, will turn up as men next year.

Keep your head up Big Coq you have marshalled your troops well.

And finally after looking and studying the draw, Kingy to fill fourth position, as it is in there own hands. Win remaining games and they make it.

That applies with us also. Good luck to all participants.

Hello All .

Here is the latest Breaking News. Went for a drive last night past Kingsvilles ground, Angliss reserve, and decided to park and watch Kingy train.

I must say the lads trained the house down, even the veterans were inspirational, and firing up the young blokes.. Also found out that this match between Kingy V Burnside has been altered to this Saturday and next Sunday.

Opens up the opportunity for all of us who dont play next Sunday to go down to Angliss reserve, and have a look at both teams, as we all might come up against them leading into finals.

The other major Breaking News I have is all reports Kingy have commenced huge plans for next year, and by all reports will be looking to enter 2 teams in the Turf, to eliminate the ridiculous bye scenario.

I believe if that happens it will be a plus for the comp, which leads me into commending Altona Roosters for providing two teams on turf.

Have noticed Big Coq has been receiving some stick here, and from his comments have worked out he is captain for Roosters number 2. I truly believe he has done an excellent job, as we all must remember "you can only go to war with the soldiers you have"

But rest assured that the boys who have participated in the turf this year for Roosters, will turn up as men next year.

And finally after looking and studying the draw, Kingy to fill fourth position, as it is in there own hands. Win remaining games and they make it.

News Breaker;313762 said:
Hello All .

Gday News Breaker

Got to disagree with you regarding Kingy filling 4th spot. I think it will be Congs as they have the easier draw. They will beat Roosters #2 this week, i think they will beat Burnside in second last round and they get maximum points in the final round from their bye. They will finish with a minimum 44 points. May try and push for outright this this round as well.

Current 4th Placed Burnside will miss out as they will loose to Kingy this round, loose to Congs next round and will loose to Roosters #1 in final Round. will finish with 36 points

St John I believe will also miss out on finals. I think they will beat Roosters #1 this week and will beat Caroline Springs in the final round but will loose to Melton Centrals in the second last round. Leaves St Johns on 42 points

As for Kingy Bapts I believe they will beat Burnside this round and Altona Roosters #2 in second last round but they will loose to St Andrews in final Round. This will leave them with 38 points. Bad start to the year and have left there run to late.

In regards to Kingy wanting to put a 2nd turf team in the comp next year, surely this cant be the case. They would have to pick up about 10 - 12 players to be competative. Might be good for the clubs having 2 turf sides which means more players playing turf and getting the experience but it is bad for the competition. Anymore than 8 teams reduces the quality of the comp. If you have 10 teams then your 8th, 9th and 10th sided will continuelly get smashed each game against your better sides. Time to go back to an 8 team Strong Competition with promotion and demotion.

News Breaker;313762 said:
Hello All .

Gday News Breaker

Got to disagree with you regarding Kingy filling 4th spot. I think it will be Congs as they have the easier draw. They will beat Roosters #2 this week, i think they will beat Burnside in second last round and they get maximum points in the final round from their bye. They will finish with a minimum 44 points. May try and push for outright this this round as well.

Current 4th Placed Burnside will miss out as they will loose to Kingy this round, loose to Congs next round and will loose to Roosters #1 in final Round. will finish with 36 points

St John I believe will also miss out on finals. I think they will beat Roosters #1 this week and will beat Caroline Springs in the final round but will loose to Melton Centrals in the second last round. Leaves St Johns on 42 points

As for Kingy Bapts I believe they will beat Burnside this round and Altona Roosters #2 in second last round but they will loose to St Andrews in final Round. This will leave them with 38 points. Bad start to the year and have left there run to late.

In regards to Kingy wanting to put a 2nd turf team in the comp next year, surely this cant be the case. They would have to pick up about 10 - 12 players to be competative. Might be good for the clubs having 2 turf sides which means more players playing turf and getting the experience but it is bad for the competition. Anymore than 8 teams reduces the quality of the comp. If you have 10 teams then your 8th, 9th and 10th sided will continuelly get smashed each game against your better sides. Time to go back to an 8 team Strong Competition with promotion and demotion.

BigCoq;312797 said:

Cheers for the offer, but i've still got a couple of things I want to accomplish with the seniors and my juniors at Caroline Springs before I move on. But hey, if you fellas need a net bowler come finals time! And cheers Moons and Pots.

But back to the cricket and the final four. The only side we've not played is St. Andrews, and i've not had the chance to bowl to Melton Centrals (good bowling side - but just that, good. Not great.) But I would rate the congs that best team we've played so far, and I really hope they make the finals. I think St Andrews, Roosters 1, Centrals and Congs would be the most competitive finals series that the comp could have.

BigCoq;312797 said:

Cheers for the offer, but i've still got a couple of things I want to accomplish with the seniors and my juniors at Caroline Springs before I move on. But hey, if you fellas need a net bowler come finals time! And cheers Moons and Pots.

But back to the cricket and the final four. The only side we've not played is St. Andrews, and i've not had the chance to bowl to Melton Centrals (good bowling side - but just that, good. Not great.) But I would rate the congs that best team we've played so far, and I really hope they make the finals. I think St Andrews, Roosters 1, Centrals and Congs would be the most competitive finals series that the comp could have.

MV!;313819 said:

defintly agree shaping up as a great finals seris whoever fills 4th spot. hey matty, if u serious bout net bowling come finals time, definitly speak on behalf of the club mate -come down, im sure our bats would appricate it! and id def put on a few beers for ya mate after the sesion.

MV!;313819 said:

defintly agree shaping up as a great finals seris whoever fills 4th spot. hey matty, if u serious bout net bowling come finals time, definitly speak on behalf of the club mate -come down, im sure our bats would appricate it! and id def put on a few beers for ya mate after the sesion.

Matty come down bowl durning the finals time as pots said more than welcome to and we would love it mate its great u good some goals sets an ambition to achieve things with ur club but come down have bowl will have some beers on ice for afterward good luck this weekend

Matty come down bowl durning the finals time as pots said more than welcome to and we would love it mate its great u good some goals sets an ambition to achieve things with ur club but come down have bowl will have some beers on ice for afterward good luck this weekend

Gday Folks

Thought I would put my tips in this round.

St Johns v Altona Roosters #1 - I am tipping St Johns in this game to just get over the line. Wouldn't surprise me if Roosters win though. It is do or die for St John for their finals plans, therefore i believe they can lift themselves up for this game. Dan Temby usually fires up when playing Roosters and I believe he is due for a big game and get St Johns over the line.

Kingy Bapts v Burnside - In an other close game, I am tipping Kingy Bapts to win in a close game. I believe Kingy will be desperate to keep their slim finals hopes alive and will just have a bit more batting depth to get over the line against Burnside.

St Andrews v Caroline Springs - St Andrews far to good and will win easy.

Willy Congs v Altona Roosters #2 - Willy Congs will win this game quite comfortabily, but it is important for the Congs boys to be at their best and show why they are worthy of a finals spot. I am sure the heirarchy at Congs would be thinking about an outright win but they must just worry about winning first.

Good luck to all sides this week

Gday Folks

Thought I would put my tips in this round.

St Johns v Altona Roosters #1 - I am tipping St Johns in this game to just get over the line. Wouldn't surprise me if Roosters win though. It is do or die for St John for their finals plans, therefore i believe they can lift themselves up for this game. Dan Temby usually fires up when playing Roosters and I believe he is due for a big game and get St Johns over the line.

Kingy Bapts v Burnside - In an other close game, I am tipping Kingy Bapts to win in a close game. I believe Kingy will be desperate to keep their slim finals hopes alive and will just have a bit more batting depth to get over the line against Burnside.

St Andrews v Caroline Springs - St Andrews far to good and will win easy.

Willy Congs v Altona Roosters #2 - Willy Congs will win this game quite comfortabily, but it is important for the Congs boys to be at their best and show why they are worthy of a finals spot. I am sure the heirarchy at Congs would be thinking about an outright win but they must just worry about winning first.

Good luck to all sides this week

hav heard that the finals will be played on angliss again, stupid as no one in the competition plays on ANAs wicket. also a game or 2 ago, they played on a pitch which was over a metre too long, the curator there just keeps getting worse and worse, im surprised that he can neven find the pitches at angliss, we shouldnt hav to play finals there at all, maybe one on kingys wicket but not on the other 1, wat do u guys rekon?

hav heard that the finals will be played on angliss again, stupid as no one in the competition plays on ANAs wicket. also a game or 2 ago, they played on a pitch which was over a metre too long, the curator there just keeps getting worse and worse, im surprised that he can neven find the pitches at angliss, we shouldnt hav to play finals there at all, maybe one on kingys wicket but not on the other 1, wat do u guys rekon?

hey matty cum on day to training if u like i dont think anybody would have any problems with u or even a couple of ur bowlers cum down for a bowl...i enjoyed batting when u where bowling in the last game u got good speed mate cant wait to see u in a couple of years

hey matty cum on day to training if u like i dont think anybody would have any problems with u or even a couple of ur bowlers cum down for a bowl...i enjoyed batting when u where bowling in the last game u got good speed mate cant wait to see u in a couple of years

StAndrewsman;314252 said:

StAndrewsman, I think at the moment the finals probably should be played at Angliss and in Laverton (can't remember the name of the ground) due to the fact that the Pennell is suffering at the moment. Playing you blokes the other day there was a bit of a shock; I couldn't believe the state of the outfield! Such a shame because the wicket has always been pretty good there and it used to be the best ground in the comp. Maybe St Paul's is worth a look at as another option? Been pretty good this year and the outfield is consistent enough. Damn this drought!

StAndrewsman, I think at the moment the finals probably should be played at Angliss and in Laverton (can't remember the name of the ground) due to the fact that the Pennell is suffering at the moment. Playing you blokes the other day there was a bit of a shock; I couldn't believe the state of the outfield! Such a shame because the wicket has always been pretty good there and it used to be the best ground in the comp. Maybe St Paul's is worth a look at as another option? Been pretty good this year and the outfield is consistent enough. Damn this drought!

Agree with you St Andrews Man. Wickets at Angliss been ordinary this year.

We should play 1 Semi at Altona Roosters home ground (Altona Green) and the other Semi at (St Pauls). Both these grounds have good out fields and good pitches. St Pauls can be a bit under prepaerd some games but I am sure they can prepare a good wicket for our finals. Grand Final should be played at St Pauls.

We should play 1 Semi at Altona Roosters home ground (Altona Green) and the other Semi at (St Pauls). Both these grounds have good out fields and good pitches. St Pauls can be a bit under prepaerd some games but I am sure they can prepare a good wicket for our finals. Grand Final should be played at St Pauls.

Billy Bowden;314341 said:

Biased or not the best all over ground is Altona Green. it has drought tolerant grass with a nice even cover of grass in the outfield. The wicket plays true & there are no night mares on this pitch and its an absolute credit to the amature Curators that we are providing the comp. Altona Green is a far superior pitch than any pitch that paid curator can do for this association.
i would say the only deck that could compare to Altona Green would be Pennel but the outfield is letting it down.

Billy Bowden;314341 said:

Biased or not the best all over ground is Altona Green. it has drought tolerant grass with a nice even cover of grass in the outfield. The wicket plays true & there are no night mares on this pitch and its an absolute credit to the amature Curators that we are providing the comp. Altona Green is a far superior pitch than any pitch that paid curator can do for this association.
i would say the only deck that could compare to Altona Green would be Pennel but the outfield is letting it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back