Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Billy Bowden;316525 said:
All we can ask of the umpires is to be consistent and base their decisions on the Laws of Cricket. I heard there were some shocking decisions made in the St Andrews v Melton Centrals B Grade game and that is no good for all involved. If both teams think the umpire was very bad all you can do is put a report in outlining all his errors and recomend he should be umpiring lower level cricket.

As for LBW's, there is no better person than the umpire to judge them. He stands behined stumps and gets the best view. It is impossible for fielders fielding square of the wicket and players and spectators on the boundry to have any idea whether it is out or not.

Well said bigcoq & crooked finger:D

Billy Bowden;316525 said:
All we can ask of the umpires is to be consistent and base their decisions on the Laws of Cricket. I heard there were some shocking decisions made in the St Andrews v Melton Centrals B Grade game and that is no good for all involved. If both teams think the umpire was very bad all you can do is put a report in outlining all his errors and recomend he should be umpiring lower level cricket.

As for LBW's, there is no better person than the umpire to judge them. He stands behined stumps and gets the best view. It is impossible for fielders fielding square of the wicket and players and spectators on the boundry to have any idea whether it is out or not.

Well said bigcoq & crooked finger:D

BigCoq;316450 said:
Congrats to Lucky, Wait there, well done boys played on ANAs track on sunday. it was a good pitch hard with plenty of grass, out field good, bounce true 98% time. never would have thought it would come up this year at all looks like the council is starting to use those water tanks finally.

Its amazing what 10 hrs of watering a week can do... the square is in really good shape so far. The council filling up the tanks once a month.

Played at deerpark wicket on the weekend, what a mess, worse deck ive seen in 25 years by a country mile, no idea how they get a wicket next game, might be another sunday game for the churches?

BigCoq;316450 said:
Congrats to Lucky, Wait there, well done boys played on ANAs track on sunday. it was a good pitch hard with plenty of grass, out field good, bounce true 98% time. never would have thought it would come up this year at all looks like the council is starting to use those water tanks finally.

Its amazing what 10 hrs of watering a week can do... the square is in really good shape so far. The council filling up the tanks once a month.

Played at deerpark wicket on the weekend, what a mess, worse deck ive seen in 25 years by a country mile, no idea how they get a wicket next game, might be another sunday game for the churches?

Talking to a few power brokers of the comp on sunday, l think there be a big push to introduce a composite grade for the seconds next season, looking at playing as many turf games as possible depending on ground availability. Have access to heathdales college ground next season to minimum half share and depending on circumstances may have access to one or two more grounds..

Talking to a few power brokers of the comp on sunday, l think there be a big push to introduce a composite grade for the seconds next season, looking at playing as many turf games as possible depending on ground availability. Have access to heathdales college ground next season to minimum half share and depending on circumstances may have access to one or two more grounds..

bouncer 7/56;316523 said:
BigCoq;316454 said:
7/56 check out your form jump on & staight up start the biggest rumour of the year. new admin so were is the coup coming from champ.

BigCoq - I've been a regular reader of this site since November. so l thought l would give my 2 cents worth.

All good mate just wanted to see if there was any substance to your claim of a major admin change to the comp it is a big statement and i havent heard a thing is this a rumour doing the rounds at your club only.
Be aware there are a lot of negative people with multiple opinions and so called solutions without having any idea of what the big picture is all about. these clowns have so called solutions based on there limited knowledge of whats going on and they have no desire to roll there sleves up and do ther hard yards they are just gutless oxygen thieves who should not be encouraged to perpetuate silly rumours.
in closing PUT UP or SHUT UP............
Just the Facts MAM just the FACTS....................

BigCoq;316454 said:
7/56 check out your form jump on & staight up start the biggest rumour of the year. new admin so were is the coup coming from champ.

BigCoq - I've been a regular reader of this site since November. so l thought l would give my 2 cents worth.

All good mate just wanted to see if there was any substance to your claim of a major admin change to the comp it is a big statement and i havent heard a thing is this a rumour doing the rounds at your club only.
Be aware there are a lot of negative people with multiple opinions and so called solutions without having any idea of what the big picture is all about. these clowns have so called solutions based on there limited knowledge of whats going on and they have no desire to roll there sleves up and do ther hard yards they are just gutless oxygen thieves who should not be encouraged to perpetuate silly rumours.

Of course you take the good and the bad, but it still can detract from a good game of cricket. Just ask the Melton centrals boys who played the b grade game at the weekend they will tell u an unbiased view. Most umps are good but the bad ones need to be told.

Of course you take the good and the bad, but it still can detract from a good game of cricket. Just ask the Melton centrals boys who played the b grade game at the weekend they will tell u an unbiased view. Most umps are good but the bad ones need to be told.

BigCoq;316544 said:

I never said there was going to be a major admin change. Just wanted opinions on how people think the comp is run as you hear different things from every club you play against. Not enough home games, ground changes etc. I agree that most of the time the people that make these statements have no desire to roll there sleves up and help out.

BigCoq;316544 said:

I never said there was going to be a major admin change. Just wanted opinions on how people think the comp is run as you hear different things from every club you play against. Not enough home games, ground changes etc. I agree that most of the time the people that make these statements have no desire to roll there sleves up and help out.

BigCoq;316544 said:

I never said there was going to be a major admin change. Just wanted opinions on how people think the comp is run as you hear different things from every club you play against. Not enough home games, ground changes etc. I agree that most of the time the people that make these statements have no desire to roll there sleves up and help out, all they like doing is bagging the people that do.

BigCoq;316544 said:

I never said there was going to be a major admin change. Just wanted opinions on how people think the comp is run as you hear different things from every club you play against. Not enough home games, ground changes etc. I agree that most of the time the people that make these statements have no desire to roll there sleves up and help out, all they like doing is bagging the people that do.

As you said ' BigCoq ' the comp can only rely on what clubs are telling of the players they have to feild, for up and coming season.

If an influx of players after season begins, regrade after rd4 as is the case seems fair.

Only lopsided matches, not clubs sooking because they should but carn't win games need looking at as in one particular grade. Yes i would be talking about 'E' grade where apparantly old blokes and kids play.

One new team has no probs smacking 300 - 400 each week. (undefeated so far)

This is when regrading should come in.
Maybe comp needs to grow some nutts and tell these teams where to play and not be dictated to by clubs.

I think comp trys its best but always a couple will get under the radar

As you said ' BigCoq ' the comp can only rely on what clubs are telling of the players they have to feild, for up and coming season.

If an influx of players after season begins, regrade after rd4 as is the case seems fair.

Only lopsided matches, not clubs sooking because they should but carn't win games need looking at as in one particular grade. Yes i would be talking about 'E' grade where apparantly old blokes and kids play.

One new team has no probs smacking 300 - 400 each week. (undefeated so far)

This is when regrading should come in.
Maybe comp needs to grow some nutts and tell these teams where to play and not be dictated to by clubs.

I think comp trys its best but always a couple will get under the radar

WDCAcricketer;316541 said:

Wheres Hoppers Club 3rds + Pt Cook 1sts goin to play??????

They are sharing that ground this year!!!!!!

WDCAcricketer;316541 said:

I can report that there is no way that a composite grade will be taking place in Churches Comp, due to lack of wickets.

And all reports are that Kingsville will be having two teams back on turf again next year, either in churches or back in V.T.C.A.

That means another wicket will not be avaliable for churches comp on a Saturday.

Need For Speed may I ask, why did you harshly attack Kingsville in that manner in your reply. Have they done anything to you?

As I have met the guys at that club they are all friendly, and put on a magnificent spread for afternoon tea.

Big Coq you make some interesting and knowledgeable comments here, and your input makes enjoyable reading.

Reports going around that there could be a change in the hierachy for churches comp.

Well apparently a new younger ticket might be forming to take over.

I don't know if the new ticket involves some of the new younger faces that surfaced in this years Victorian Carnival Commitee, and new Victorian scorer.

Well only time will tell.

And why does this HUSSLER character have to always get involved in our chats, as he has nothing to do with this comp.

What an irritating obnoxious little person he is.

I can report that there is no way that a composite grade will be taking place in Churches Comp, due to lack of wickets.

And all reports are that Kingsville will be having two teams back on turf again next year, either in churches or back in V.T.C.A.

That means another wicket will not be avaliable for churches comp on a Saturday.

Need For Speed may I ask, why did you harshly attack Kingsville in that manner in your reply. Have they done anything to you?

As I have met the guys at that club they are all friendly, and put on a magnificent spread for afternoon tea.

Big Coq you make some interesting and knowledgeable comments here, and your input makes enjoyable reading.

Reports going around that there could be a change in the hierachy for churches comp.

I don't know if the new ticket involves some of the new younger faces that surfaced in this years Victorian Carnival Commitee, and new Victorian scorer.

And why does this HUSSLER character have to always get involved in our chats, as he has nothing to do with this comp.

News Breaker;316876 said:

News Breaker

It will be an absolute discrace if Kingy has 2 sides in the turf comp next season. Their current turf side are going to struggle to make the finals as it is. The seconds are struggling in B Matts. We want to strengthen the current competition not make it weaker. I think the leathel opening bowling pair of Jamie Presnell and George Kotsiris might be the only concern for the other clubs. If they do want 2 turf teams then I think the VTCA C2 & C3 Grade is the better option for them.

News Breaker

It will be an absolute discrace if Kingy has 2 sides in the turf comp next season. Their current turf side are going to struggle to make the finals as it is. The seconds are struggling in B Matts. We want to strengthen the current competition not make it weaker. I think the leathel opening bowling pair of Jamie Presnell and George Kotsiris might be the only concern for the other clubs. If they do want 2 turf teams then I think the VTCA C2 & C3 Grade is the better option for them.

hussler;316681 said:

Hussler

The current President of our comp is also the President of the Heathdale School Board. I think he will be looking after the Church Comp before they worry about Point Cook and Hoppers Club. Watch your space

hussler;316681 said:

Hussler

The current President of our comp is also the President of the Heathdale School Board. I think he will be looking after the Church Comp before they worry about Point Cook and Hoppers Club. Watch your space

BigCoq;316450 said:

thanks bigcoq.. the wickets were always going to come together with a bit of warmer weather to get the couch to take off.. plus a bit of fert on the side helped a lot.. probably use the wicket you played on sunday for the semi.. will play well

BigCoq;316450 said:

thanks bigcoq.. the wickets were always going to come together with a bit of warmer weather to get the couch to take off.. plus a bit of fert on the side helped a lot.. probably use the wicket you played on sunday for the semi.. will play well

hussler;316681 said:

its a done deal, churches and point cook to share the ground, no idea where hoppers 3rds going to play.

hussler;316681 said:

its a done deal, churches and point cook to share the ground, no idea where hoppers 3rds going to play.

bouncer 7/56;315920 said:
With new administrations the talk of the world at the moment. What does everyone think of the way this comp is run??????????::eek:

I dont want to be nit picking but your comments suggest change is immenent.
all comps could be run better from what i hear the Willy comp is as equally disjointed just have to look at the deer park wicket to know that more could be done by all admins. Generally too much left too to few.
in this current climate ground allocation would be a very difficult task to undertake due to the drought & council wanting to close grounds.
compromise & balance is essential for the viability for the comp.
We all like to portray ourselves as the victims but what we should be doing is working together and be tolerant & understanding of the difficult decision being made currently due to a hole host of issues.I am sure that all decisions are made with a lot of thought & care.
Do you have any positive feedback for the current admin or just gripes.
always looking to make improvements.

bouncer 7/56;315920 said:
With new administrations the talk of the world at the moment. What does everyone think of the way this comp is run??????????::eek:

all comps could be run better from what i hear the Willy comp is as equally disjointed just have to look at the deer park wicket to know that more could be done by all admins. Generally too much left too to few.
in this current climate ground allocation would be a very difficult task to undertake due to the drought & council wanting to close grounds.
We all like to portray ourselves as the victims but what we should be doing is working together and be tolerant & understanding of the difficult decision being made currently due to a hole host of issues.I am sure that all decisions are made with a lot of thought & care.

The current administrators do a relatively good job when it comes to organising fixtures, grounds, etc. Certainly a better job than they're given credit for. But I know there have been a couple of incidents between different clubs this year - on and off field - that have been raised with the association, and have been subsequently swept under the table until relations have boiled over and then things have been addressed. So yeah, gripes - eh, I have plenty. But just about everything, I believe, would be easily fixed if the administrators were to become more proactive in their decision making and conflict resolution capacities - they need to drop their 'wait and see' and 'softly softly' attitude and really stamp their authority on clubs.

The current administrators do a relatively good job when it comes to organising fixtures, grounds, etc. Certainly a better job than they're given credit for. But I know there have been a couple of incidents between different clubs this year - on and off field - that have been raised with the association, and have been subsequently swept under the table until relations have boiled over and then things have been addressed. So yeah, gripes - eh, I have plenty. But just about everything, I believe, would be easily fixed if the administrators were to become more proactive in their decision making and conflict resolution capacities - they need to drop their 'wait and see' and 'softly softly' attitude and really stamp their authority on clubs.

BigCoq;316932 said:

Whats admin got to do with the goat track at Deer Park??????????:confused:

The Willy comp is going very strong at the moment ,so I dont know where your getting your info from????:eek:

BigCoq;316932 said:

The Willy comp is going very strong at the moment ,so I dont know where your getting your info from????:eek:

Hahahahahahaha cos its a public forum stupid!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Hahahahahahaha cos its a public forum stupid!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Billy Bowden;316894 said:
Hussler

BILLY

The reason I asked is that Hoppers Club CC 1ST XI + 2ND XI have used that ground for 10 years+,now they have a better ground,their 3RD XI play their home games there with Pt Cook 1ST XI,cos they dont have turf at their home ground.......so he hasnt looked after yous for the last ten years has he?????

Billy Bowden;316894 said:
Hussler

BILLY

The reason I asked is that Hoppers Club CC 1ST XI + 2ND XI have used that ground for 10 years+,now they have a better ground,their 3RD XI play their home games there with Pt Cook 1ST XI,cos they dont have turf at their home ground.......so he hasnt looked after yous for the last ten years has he?????

hussler;317206 said:

Thats easy brain surgeon!
The committee get of there asses visit the site & condem all games from taking place there.
Assist the club in getting resources to enable the bturf to have a fairer & even comp.
gready little blighters is all take the clubs money and let them drown yea mate ur right what can the committee do besides watch another club go down the gurguller or thats right nothing new there in the willy comp...........

hussler;317206 said:

Thats easy brain surgeon!
The committee get of there asses visit the site & condem all games from taking place there.
Assist the club in getting resources to enable the bturf to have a fairer & even comp.
gready little blighters is all take the clubs money and let them drown yea mate ur right what can the committee do besides watch another club go down the gurguller or thats right nothing new there in the willy comp...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back