Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

BigCoq;335359 said:
Latest Breaking News Update ;
after many phone calls last night with all and sundry i have been informed by Mick Callus that Jeff Evans has agreed to a fresh new game Sat/Sun.
Diesel and the Rooster boys are all system go.
StAndrews pres is all for a fresh new game sat/sun.
Mick Callus AND THE Congs Boys are all for it and Gooky is all for it provided we can all agree Pipsak has stated that he needs to discuss the latest current events with his players and will get back with the outcome. Further more we have Untampered ground ready to go but that info will not be given out until game day in a secret envelope.
your mission pipsak if you choose to except it is LETS GET IT ON

Your in Cricket. The Gentlemans game.

This is great news Big Coq. I am sure the Sainter boys will say yes as if they refuse it would make them look pretty gutless. Well done to WSUCCA in changing their decision.

BigCoq;335359 said:
Latest Breaking News Update ;
after many phone calls last night with all and sundry i have been informed by Mick Callus that Jeff Evans has agreed to a fresh new game Sat/Sun.
Diesel and the Rooster boys are all system go.
StAndrews pres is all for a fresh new game sat/sun.
Mick Callus AND THE Congs Boys are all for it and Gooky is all for it provided we can all agree Pipsak has stated that he needs to discuss the latest current events with his players and will get back with the outcome. Further more we have Untampered ground ready to go but that info will not be given out until game day in a secret envelope.
your mission pipsak if you choose to except it is LETS GET IT ON

Your in Cricket. The Gentlemans game.

This is great news Big Coq. I am sure the Sainter boys will say yes as if they refuse it would make them look pretty gutless. Well done to WSUCCA in changing their decision.

Billy Bowden;335368 said:

lets not give the credit for this to the WSUCCA mate they have sat on there hands and procrastinated for too long as i new they would when by Tuesdayevening no extrodinary meeting was called for.
All i know is Mick Callus instigated all this via text and calls flying around as late as 11:30 p.m. good to see some proactive people with the Spirit of Cricket at Heart. if we all went silent/belly up then they would have allowed us to wither and dye and drown our sorrows in our beer.
from what i hear is Cluade is still determined to stand by the current existing desision now if that is not more STUBBORN than a mule than i dont know what is. Does Cluade care if he breathess .
Will he destroy the comp time will tell. Claude do you really want to be remmembered for this. will this be the final legacy you leave

Billy Bowden;335368 said:

lets not give the credit for this to the WSUCCA mate they have sat on there hands and procrastinated for too long as i new they would when by Tuesdayevening no extrodinary meeting was called for.
All i know is Mick Callus instigated all this via text and calls flying around as late as 11:30 p.m. good to see some proactive people with the Spirit of Cricket at Heart. if we all went silent/belly up then they would have allowed us to wither and dye and drown our sorrows in our beer.
from what i hear is Cluade is still determined to stand by the current existing desision now if that is not more STUBBORN than a mule than i dont know what is. Does Cluade care if he breathess .
Will he destroy the comp time will tell. Claude do you really want to be remmembered for this. will this be the final legacy you leave

BigCoq;335372 said:
from what i hear is Cluade is still determined to stand by the current existing desision now if that is not more STUBBORN than a mule than i dont know what is. Does Cluade care if he breathess . Will he destroy the comp time will tell. Claude do you really want to be remmembered for this. will this be the final legacy you leave

Well done Mick Callus on your hard work. If all clubs agree to play and Claude still stops this then the other Association Commitee members and or all clubs will need to overrule him or sack him from having anything to do with the WSUCCA Committee

BigCoq;335372 said:
from what i hear is Cluade is still determined to stand by the current existing desision now if that is not more STUBBORN than a mule than i dont know what is. Does Cluade care if he breathess . Will he destroy the comp time will tell. Claude do you really want to be remmembered for this. will this be the final legacy you leave

Well done Mick Callus on your hard work. If all clubs agree to play and Claude still stops this then the other Association Commitee members and or all clubs will need to overrule him or sack him from having anything to do with the WSUCCA Committee

OK,
For the Association to reverse the decision which was made at Angliss on Monday they will be exposed for the fools they are. For this reason, while it isnt in the best interests of the game and all the clubs apart from one it appears i can see that the result will not change lads. I hope it does but I dont think it will.

All we can do is hope that the association learns from this. They run the risk of losing clubs over this but also the bigger risk of making the Association look like a circus to outsiders and for the Association and Turf in particular to survive they now must stand by the decsion and justify it with all they have. If they do not do this they will never attract any clubs to Turf and hello composite cricket again!

OK,
For the Association to reverse the decision which was made at Angliss on Monday they will be exposed for the fools they are. For this reason, while it isnt in the best interests of the game and all the clubs apart from one it appears i can see that the result will not change lads. I hope it does but I dont think it will.

All we can do is hope that the association learns from this. They run the risk of losing clubs over this but also the bigger risk of making the Association look like a circus to outsiders and for the Association and Turf in particular to survive they now must stand by the decsion and justify it with all they have. If they do not do this they will never attract any clubs to Turf and hello composite cricket again!

Also if your out there Mick Callus, can I ask for one more favour please. Can you please quicken up your over rate when you guys bowl please. I know all players and umpires don't want to be out on the field at 6.45pm still

Also if your out there Mick Callus, can I ask for one more favour please. Can you please quicken up your over rate when you guys bowl please. I know all players and umpires don't want to be out on the field at 6.45pm still

Billy Bowden;335375 said:

To do this you need to hold an extrodinary general meeting. No time to have this organised as the wickets need to be prepared and time is running out fast.

The hope we can have is that St Andrews agree to the system which has been suggested and then the association is stripped from the decision making capabilities as, regardless of what format the grand final was being played it was to be conducted over two weeks which is the suggestion for the rematches.

I still do not think however the decision will be reversed. Sorry to say and yes I played for one of the clubs affected and it isnt St Andrews.

Im just being realistic and taking the heart out of the decision.

Billy Bowden;335375 said:

To do this you need to hold an extrodinary general meeting. No time to have this organised as the wickets need to be prepared and time is running out fast.

The hope we can have is that St Andrews agree to the system which has been suggested and then the association is stripped from the decision making capabilities as, regardless of what format the grand final was being played it was to be conducted over two weeks which is the suggestion for the rematches.

I still do not think however the decision will be reversed. Sorry to say and yes I played for one of the clubs affected and it isnt St Andrews.

Im just being realistic and taking the heart out of the decision.

Billy Bowden;335379 said:

Toughen up Adam! Adds to the suspense.

Billy Bowden;335379 said:

Toughen up Adam! Adds to the suspense.

Overrated hack;335378 said:
OK,

Disagree completely.

Not only is it in Crickets best interests for the decision to be reversed, but it is also in the Associations best interests for it to be reversed. Having the humility to acknowledge that their initial decision was wrong and to reverse it shows a certain amount strength and conviction.

What would make the Association look like a joke is if they have acknowledged they made the wrong decision, but have stood by it because one of four teams refuses to play. The Association has the chance to make a strong statement - that it is not simply up to clubs to determine how things should eventuate.

Overrated hack;335378 said:
OK,

Disagree completely.

Not only is it in Crickets best interests for the decision to be reversed, but it is also in the Associations best interests for it to be reversed. Having the humility to acknowledge that their initial decision was wrong and to reverse it shows a certain amount strength and conviction.

What would make the Association look like a joke is if they have acknowledged they made the wrong decision, but have stood by it because one of four teams refuses to play. The Association has the chance to make a strong statement - that it is not simply up to clubs to determine how things should eventuate.

MV!;335383 said:
Disagree completely.

No doubt it is in Crickets best interests to play. But after many years of locking horns with geoff and Claude over multiple problems with the Association and Comp I cant see how they will let their pride be damaged by going back on what was said.

Just my thoughts and i hope I am wrong.

MV!;335383 said:
Disagree completely.

No doubt it is in Crickets best interests to play. But after many years of locking horns with geoff and Claude over multiple problems with the Association and Comp I cant see how they will let their pride be damaged by going back on what was said.

Just my thoughts and i hope I am wrong.

Oh, I agree entirely on that point: It all comes down to whether they can put their egos aside and admit fault. It would be sad if they can't. They have a perfect opportunity to show that the association exec. is strong enough to admit fault, and rectify poor judgement calls - which would be a fantastic show of leadership.

Oh, I agree entirely on that point: It all comes down to whether they can put their egos aside and admit fault. It would be sad if they can't. They have a perfect opportunity to show that the association exec. is strong enough to admit fault, and rectify poor judgement calls - which would be a fantastic show of leadership.

MV!;335385 said:

MV

Sorry mate but it has nothing to do with the association backing down/poor judgement etc

On Monday both Gocky & Claude clearly said if all 4 clubs can come to an agreement about playing next week then we will re play the games.
They were informed that 1 captain did not agree with playing a 2 dayer and so then they made the decision to let 1&2 go through.

Unfortunatley it comes down to lack of communiaction. Joffa apparently knew nothing about the 2 dayer being offered and therefore wasnt aware.

So all that needs to happen is St Andrews to agree again to what they already had agreed to on Monday and play the game again in a 2 dayer and we have ourselves a game!!!

The only thing that can be blamed is that between 10.30am & 1.30pm wheen the decision was being made that know one organised for all 4 captains to be in 1 place at the same time so this S**** didint happen.

Again thanks to Mick hopefully your smart thinking has given our clubs a chance to play.:)

MV!;335385 said:

MV

Sorry mate but it has nothing to do with the association backing down/poor judgement etc

On Monday both Gocky & Claude clearly said if all 4 clubs can come to an agreement about playing next week then we will re play the games.
They were informed that 1 captain did not agree with playing a 2 dayer and so then they made the decision to let 1&2 go through.

Unfortunatley it comes down to lack of communiaction. Joffa apparently knew nothing about the 2 dayer being offered and therefore wasnt aware.

So all that needs to happen is St Andrews to agree again to what they already had agreed to on Monday and play the game again in a 2 dayer and we have ourselves a game!!!

The only thing that can be blamed is that between 10.30am & 1.30pm wheen the decision was being made that know one organised for all 4 captains to be in 1 place at the same time so this S**** didint happen.

Again thanks to Mick hopefully your smart thinking has given our clubs a chance to play.:)

Micks got plenty of "newly acquired air" Giveitup. Dosent need any more inflation or the legs will give way! haha.

Micks got plenty of "newly acquired air" Giveitup. Dosent need any more inflation or the legs will give way! haha.

Giveitup;335406 said:
MV

Ah, my mistake then. I'm only making a judgement call from what I've read here (very silly, I know), in which there seems to be a suggestion that the decision was made in a vacuum without any real consultation process.

Hopefully Mick Callus' work doesn't go to waste, and we can have a good weekend of cricket.

Giveitup;335406 said:
MV

Ah, my mistake then. I'm only making a judgement call from what I've read here (very silly, I know), in which there seems to be a suggestion that the decision was made in a vacuum without any real consultation process.

Hopefully Mick Callus' work doesn't go to waste, and we can have a good weekend of cricket.

Clearly its obvious now who dug the pitches up.

Sunny Brown from the Congs.

Was all that damage required just to get a weeks rehab on a strained groin??

Clearly its obvious now who dug the pitches up.

Sunny Brown from the Congs.

If we're handin out these yellow cards for swearing, we may as well close this particular forum down....:rolleyes:

If we're handin out these yellow cards for swearing, we may as well close this particular forum down....:rolleyes:

Late Breaking News
every one is ready to start a fresh game this sat/sun but we are awaiting the outcome of a St Andrews player meeting being held at 6 p.m. 2 night.
also awaiting reply or invitation to be heard in regard to appeal.We
have a major concern if only the exce are privy to the meeting. I hope all clubs have representation i.e captain,coach, pres and 1 invited guest i.e Lawyer.
we all know the constitution does not support there decision.
TICK TOCK GENTLEMEN TICK BLOODY TOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Late Breaking News
every one is ready to start a fresh game this sat/sun but we are awaiting the outcome of a St Andrews player meeting being held at 6 p.m. 2 night.
also awaiting reply or invitation to be heard in regard to appeal.We
have a major concern if only the exce are privy to the meeting. I hope all clubs have representation i.e captain,coach, pres and 1 invited guest i.e Lawyer.
we all know the constitution does not support there decision.
TICK TOCK GENTLEMEN TICK BLOODY TOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stumpy;335437 said:
clearly its obvious now who dug the pitches up.

Sunny brown from the congs.

is that a smoke screen?

stumpy;335437 said:
clearly its obvious now who dug the pitches up.

Sunny brown from the congs.

is that a smoke screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back