Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Western Suburbs Churches Cricket Association

Billy Bowden;334647 said:
Well it hasn't taken long for accusations and finger pointing to start regarding the dug up turf pitches and I wouldn't be surprised if it continues all week. Without any proof I think it is pretty ordinary to hide behined a fake name and accuse clubs and players of doing this. My opinion is that who ever has done this is nothing more than Weak Dogs. I have only called them weak dogs because we cannot use the F & C word in this forum. Hopefully it is possible there are cameras at St Pauls and they have some sort of footage.

I personally dont believe a club has orchestrated this but it is quite possible that a couple of people have gone and done this by themselves. If we ever find out who done it then they should be banned from all cricket associations in Australia and if a club was proved to have done this then they too should be banned from ever competing in an Association in Australia.

Now we need to look at what we can do to prevent this from happening again. It is my belief that as of next year we play the semi finals and the finals on a saturday and sunday and have the association put in their annual budget to have 2 security guards sitting at the ground overnight guarding the pitch. The Association can afford to spend $10,000.00 every 2 years to participate in the Churches Cricket Carnival surely they can afford $1000 for security for 2 weekends.

As for the results of this years Semi Finals I disagree with the Associations decision to award St Andrews and Melton Centrals to go straight through to the Grand Final. I am of the belief we should start the games again and play the semi finals this saturday and sunday with the Grand Final to be played the following Saturday and Sunday. We should also hire security as well. St Andrews, Willy Congs and Altona Roosters were all willing to replay the semi finals next weekend, however Melton Centrals and in particular Joofa have refused and therefore the association have decided to apply the wet weather rules and promote the top 2 through to the Grand Final. I think it is pretty weak by Melton Centrals to refuse to restart the game.

In closing all I can say it is a sad day for the WSUCCA and it is a pitty that the winner cannot be decided on the ground.

Sorry disagree
Yes we can point fingers.......who do you think did it?
ROOSTERS maybe CONGS even......
Dont be ridiculous.

St Andrews or Melton.... thats who!!! Dont care if it is a couple of individuals or a whole team. Its not important.
If they are innocent then they will both agree to play the games again as you have suggested. They dont make this happen then they are all as bad as each other.

By the way dont worry about who I am...just worry about posting stupid comments like......Pay a security guard to watch ground over night............

What kind of comp are we in if we need to do that. Count me out!!

Billy Bowden;334647 said:
Well it hasn't taken long for accusations and finger pointing to start regarding the dug up turf pitches and I wouldn't be surprised if it continues all week. Without any proof I think it is pretty ordinary to hide behined a fake name and accuse clubs and players of doing this. My opinion is that who ever has done this is nothing more than Weak Dogs. I have only called them weak dogs because we cannot use the F & C word in this forum. Hopefully it is possible there are cameras at St Pauls and they have some sort of footage.

I personally dont believe a club has orchestrated this but it is quite possible that a couple of people have gone and done this by themselves. If we ever find out who done it then they should be banned from all cricket associations in Australia and if a club was proved to have done this then they too should be banned from ever competing in an Association in Australia.

Now we need to look at what we can do to prevent this from happening again. It is my belief that as of next year we play the semi finals and the finals on a saturday and sunday and have the association put in their annual budget to have 2 security guards sitting at the ground overnight guarding the pitch. The Association can afford to spend $10,000.00 every 2 years to participate in the Churches Cricket Carnival surely they can afford $1000 for security for 2 weekends.

As for the results of this years Semi Finals I disagree with the Associations decision to award St Andrews and Melton Centrals to go straight through to the Grand Final. I am of the belief we should start the games again and play the semi finals this saturday and sunday with the Grand Final to be played the following Saturday and Sunday. We should also hire security as well. St Andrews, Willy Congs and Altona Roosters were all willing to replay the semi finals next weekend, however Melton Centrals and in particular Joofa have refused and therefore the association have decided to apply the wet weather rules and promote the top 2 through to the Grand Final. I think it is pretty weak by Melton Centrals to refuse to restart the game.

In closing all I can say it is a sad day for the WSUCCA and it is a pitty that the winner cannot be decided on the ground.

Sorry disagree
Dont be ridiculous.

St Andrews or Melton.... thats who!!! Dont care if it is a couple of individuals or a whole team. Its not important.
If they are innocent then they will both agree to play the games again as you have suggested. They dont make this happen then they are all as bad as each other.

By the way dont worry about who I am...just worry about posting stupid comments like......Pay a security guard to watch ground over night............

Giveitup;334633 said:
If your a St Johns boys I find it hard to hear this crap........

Last year your Turf was ordinary all year as well and they turned it on in the finals. They won a flag cause of it and they deserved it...fair & square!!!
No one came on hear saying that they were ordinary and Melton & Congs were the better sides all year. NO....how you play in finals does matter and should be acknowledged just as much as during the season. Just ask GU from WDCA.......heard today that they chassed down 350 with only 1 down and just scrapped in to finals.

ST Andrews have played well all year....but clearly CONGS were up for the challenge and I wasnt there but from what I have heard they were clearly the better side.
MELTON also played well this season but we also were up for the challenge on Saturday and confident we could win.

So I dont believe in this crap that its a shame if St Andrews loose.......F*** them. They just werent good enough when it mattered.

It doesnt matter anyway....cause they fixed that for everybody.

Yes I am a St Johns player. I am on this forum with a name that everyone knows because that's what everyone calls me. I don't think we were that ordinary last year but my memory isn't the best either :p. I don't think I'm talking crap but I get where you're coming from. You're absolutely right, you need to turn it on in the finals and that's what we did last year. Guess I'm also of the opinion that I feel for the sides that have played well all year and miss out over one game because I've been in that situation before and it's not a good feeling. But I also feel for Congs and Roosters today because the games weren't finished and they had good chances. I guess there's no place for compassion for anyone then ?!?!?

As for the grounds being dug up, unfortunately we may never know who did that. No point in pointing fingers unless there is proof. It's just bloody disappointing that someone has gone in and destroyed two good games of PARK CRICKET. Giveitup I am sorry that you missed out on a possible chance to play in another grand final. Just know there are blokes out there like me that wanted to see a good competition whether the better performed team was in it or not.

Giveitup;334633 said:
If your a St Johns boys I find it hard to hear this crap........

Last year your Turf was ordinary all year as well and they turned it on in the finals. They won a flag cause of it and they deserved it...fair & square!!!
No one came on hear saying that they were ordinary and Melton & Congs were the better sides all year. NO....how you play in finals does matter and should be acknowledged just as much as during the season. Just ask GU from WDCA.......heard today that they chassed down 350 with only 1 down and just scrapped in to finals.

ST Andrews have played well all year....but clearly CONGS were up for the challenge and I wasnt there but from what I have heard they were clearly the better side.
MELTON also played well this season but we also were up for the challenge on Saturday and confident we could win.

So I dont believe in this crap that its a shame if St Andrews loose.......F*** them. They just werent good enough when it mattered.

It doesnt matter anyway....cause they fixed that for everybody.

Yes I am a St Johns player. I am on this forum with a name that everyone knows because that's what everyone calls me. I don't think we were that ordinary last year but my memory isn't the best either :p. I don't think I'm talking crap but I get where you're coming from. You're absolutely right, you need to turn it on in the finals and that's what we did last year. Guess I'm also of the opinion that I feel for the sides that have played well all year and miss out over one game because I've been in that situation before and it's not a good feeling. But I also feel for Congs and Roosters today because the games weren't finished and they had good chances. I guess there's no place for compassion for anyone then ?!?!?

As for the grounds being dug up, unfortunately we may never know who did that. No point in pointing fingers unless there is proof. It's just bloody disappointing that someone has gone in and destroyed two good games of PARK CRICKET. Giveitup I am sorry that you missed out on a possible chance to play in another grand final. Just know there are blokes out there like me that wanted to see a good competition whether the better performed team was in it or not.

tayls;334675 said:

Fair enough :)
Didnt mean to attack anybody.......just fustrated that nothing can be done about it.
I hope the winner of the GF is the team who had nothing to do with what happened today.
Till next season.

tayls;334675 said:

Fair enough :)
Didnt mean to attack anybody.......just fustrated that nothing can be done about it.
I hope the winner of the GF is the team who had nothing to do with what happened today.
Till next season.

The Darkest hour of this Association, and probably will be for a long time. all we can say is 'What goes around, comes around'.

The Darkest hour of this Association, and probably will be for a long time. all we can say is 'What goes around, comes around'.

Giveitup;334659 said:
Sorry disagree
Dont be ridiculous.

Unfortunatly PEOPLE the game of cricket has come to it's lowest ebb!!

Cannot believe this has happened again.

Cannot take anything away from the assoc. who have tried their best to give all you blokes a fair game of cricket and do not warrant any critisizim.

Wheather ambushed by outsiders, or clubs that were too scared to try and win i must agree that whoever involved needs to be banned from ALL cricket associations for ''LIFE'' (with NO parole)

Yes i also agree 'TURF' games should be rescheduled for next weekend and as strange as it sounds, comp should have someone watch the wickets overnight. Not necessary to pay security 'BUT' have someone from each club participating in the final to have 2 people camped at grounds maybe??

Seems to be same old Melton Centrals, Congs, St Andrews involved.

If it were up to ME i would abondon the whole season and read the riot act

Enough of turf issues but it seems MELDOWN STH have '''CHOKED''' AGAIN

Suicide watch has been ordered for all their B Matts players after THE OLD BOYS comprehensively kicked their arses back to Melton

As stated by 'POTS' we all need to be carefull of them as they are proven finals players. 50+ yrs or not. Champions Win or Loose. Erned respect!!!:rolleyes:

Giveitup;334659 said:
Sorry disagree
Dont be ridiculous.

Unfortunatly PEOPLE the game of cricket has come to it's lowest ebb!!

Cannot believe this has happened again.

Cannot take anything away from the assoc. who have tried their best to give all you blokes a fair game of cricket and do not warrant any critisizim.

Wheather ambushed by outsiders, or clubs that were too scared to try and win i must agree that whoever involved needs to be banned from ALL cricket associations for ''LIFE'' (with NO parole)

Yes i also agree 'TURF' games should be rescheduled for next weekend and as strange as it sounds, comp should have someone watch the wickets overnight. Not necessary to pay security 'BUT' have someone from each club participating in the final to have 2 people camped at grounds maybe??

Seems to be same old Melton Centrals, Congs, St Andrews involved.

If it were up to ME i would abondon the whole season and read the riot act

Enough of turf issues but it seems MELDOWN STH have '''CHOKED''' AGAIN

Suicide watch has been ordered for all their B Matts players after THE OLD BOYS comprehensively kicked their arses back to Melton

As stated by 'POTS' we all need to be carefull of them as they are proven finals players. 50+ yrs or not. Champions Win or Loose. Erned respect!!!:rolleyes:

Giveitup;334659 said:
Sorry disagree
Dont be ridiculous.

St Andrews have offered to replay the game as I have stated you muppet but it is Melton Centrals who don't want to play again. I agree with you in that the Association should replay the games this weekend and they should use some common sense and force the clubs to play.

And as to say Roosters and Congs were home in each game you obviously haven't got much cricket knowledge. Congs still needed 37 more runs and St Andrews needed 4 wickets on an average pitch. I think in this situation I am right in saying this could have been anyones game. As for the Roosters winning well Melton have some very good bats in their side and could have made those runs quite easily. Good pitch to bat on, fast outfield and in the last 3 two day games played by the Roosters #1 each of the opposition have hit scores greater than 215.

As I said it is weak as piss to sit behined a fake name and make accusations

Giveitup;334659 said:
Sorry disagree
Dont be ridiculous.

St Andrews have offered to replay the game as I have stated you muppet but it is Melton Centrals who don't want to play again. I agree with you in that the Association should replay the games this weekend and they should use some common sense and force the clubs to play.

And as to say Roosters and Congs were home in each game you obviously haven't got much cricket knowledge. Congs still needed 37 more runs and St Andrews needed 4 wickets on an average pitch. I think in this situation I am right in saying this could have been anyones game. As for the Roosters winning well Melton have some very good bats in their side and could have made those runs quite easily. Good pitch to bat on, fast outfield and in the last 3 two day games played by the Roosters #1 each of the opposition have hit scores greater than 215.

Pots;334445 said:
ST .johns old boys are massive show to get 3 in a row! i know 2day to go 1st, but hopeforly melton south do what they normaly do and...........chock and then boys make it to the granny and go all the way.

tayls, does have a eeiry feeling with turf teams this year esp with 1 low scoring game. but just cause you dominate season doeasnt give you passage to granny, just ask port adelaide who continully coundnt stand up for a few years. that being said, st.andrews FAR from done! even if congs get runs, assuming its gona be 2 innings game. if congs dont get runs tho, very hard for them to win in 2 innings.

been up for hours, just hanging to go 2day! GO ROOSTERS

St Johns old boys should have been in A GRADE this season, they won 2 B Grade premierships in a row. How can anyone justify keeping them in B Grade:confused: That decision has me absolutley stumped. If someone can clarify that for me, please do. Tayls, maybe you can shed some light on that........

Pots;334445 said:
ST .johns old boys are massive show to get 3 in a row! i know 2day to go 1st, but hopeforly melton south do what they normaly do and...........chock and then boys make it to the granny and go all the way.

tayls, does have a eeiry feeling with turf teams this year esp with 1 low scoring game. but just cause you dominate season doeasnt give you passage to granny, just ask port adelaide who continully coundnt stand up for a few years. that being said, st.andrews FAR from done! even if congs get runs, assuming its gona be 2 innings game. if congs dont get runs tho, very hard for them to win in 2 innings.

been up for hours, just hanging to go 2day! GO ROOSTERS

St Johns old boys should have been in A GRADE this season, they won 2 B Grade premierships in a row. How can anyone justify keeping them in B Grade:confused: That decision has me absolutley stumped. If someone can clarify that for me, please do. Tayls, maybe you can shed some light on that........

If anyone out there knows the identity of the idiots who dug up the pitches, please name them them on this forum and then let Geoff Gook know, so that they can be prosecuted for malicious damge and be banned from cricket for life....................................

It's an absolute disgrace and the people who perpetrated this act should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone has ideas who done it, but without proof, you will never prove it.

If anyone out there knows the identity of the idiots who dug up the pitches, please name them them on this forum and then let Geoff Gook know, so that they can be prosecuted for malicious damge and be banned from cricket for life....................................

It's an absolute disgrace and the people who perpetrated this act should be ashamed of themselves. Everyone has ideas who done it, but without proof, you will never prove it.

Billy Bowden;334688 said:

I would of had my money on the congs to get the runs. Left the club rooms at Angliss late sunday night around nine, covers were peeled back and the wicket was hell of alot dryer than saturday morning.I I have sat back listening the complaints about ANA wicket and l can say confidently say I didnt have the problem with the wicket since xmas, been a road every game ive played on it, with scores over 200 each game.

ANA will not allow their pitch to be used by the churches again without security, and to the low life who dug up the pitch, you could of spared the covers, $1200 bucks down the drain, thanks! ps covers will never be lent out again either.......

I would of had my money on the congs to get the runs. Left the club rooms at Angliss late sunday night around nine, covers were peeled back and the wicket was hell of alot dryer than saturday morning.I I have sat back listening the complaints about ANA wicket and l can say confidently say I didnt have the problem with the wicket since xmas, been a road every game ive played on it, with scores over 200 each game.

ANA will not allow their pitch to be used by the churches again without security, and to the low life who dug up the pitch, you could of spared the covers, $1200 bucks down the drain, thanks! ps covers will never be lent out again either.......

If that is true Billy, then the association committee is weak. They should have declared the games null & void and played the semi on sat 14th & Sun 15th and the final on Sat 21st & Sun 22nd. The association have let clubs dictate to them what they want to do far to often. They should be strong and say the games will be played again this weekend.

If that is true Billy, then the association committee is weak. They should have declared the games null & void and played the semi on sat 14th & Sun 15th and the final on Sat 21st & Sun 22nd. The association have let clubs dictate to them what they want to do far to often. They should be strong and say the games will be played again this weekend.

bouncer 7/56;334745 said:

To clarify things, a one day game was offered as a option to play on a vacant pitches today, though 4 of the sides had to agree, 3 sides agreed and St Andrews did not wish to play a one day game on a makeshift pitch, they wanted to play over two days. In their shoes l probably wouldnt of wanted to play a one day game either.

bouncer 7/56;334745 said:

To clarify things, a one day game was offered as a option to play on a vacant pitches today, though 4 of the sides had to agree, 3 sides agreed and St Andrews did not wish to play a one day game on a makeshift pitch, they wanted to play over two days. In their shoes l probably wouldnt of wanted to play a one day game either.

Why replay the whole game??? I think Congs would be quite happy with their efforts on sat against the undefeated team + would back themselves in to win from there.....If you started the whole game again you would think that St Andrews go a bit better than they did satdy??? Why not play 2nd day next sat like a normal 2dayer????

People who dig up pitches are disgrace to the game and shouldnt be involved in the game........COWARDS.........:(

Why replay the whole game??? I think Congs would be quite happy with their efforts on sat against the undefeated team + would back themselves in to win from there.....If you started the whole game again you would think that St Andrews go a bit better than they did satdy??? Why not play 2nd day next sat like a normal 2dayer????

People who dig up pitches are disgrace to the game and shouldnt be involved in the game........COWARDS.........:(

No your wrong...thanks WDCA cricketer for clearing this up. St Andrews also said no(to a 1 dayer)...get the facts right before you start name calling.

You sound like Congs had to get 100 runs with only a couple wickets in hand. They had 37 runs to get off 72 overs. Doesnt seem like a bad position to be in. Also pitch was fine.....stop your sooking....although it looks like St Andrews have been complaining about it all year & finally had enough!!!!

As for Melton having good bats....like I have stated before in my previous posts...THEY HAVE HAYES. Get him out cheaply and we would be favourtes to win. Not sure who there great bats are that have consistantly performed.

I dont know who you are and frankley I couldnt give a S***. I just have an interest in playing & WATCHING these days cricket with my mates. Maybe you should do the same.

No your wrong...thanks WDCA cricketer for clearing this up. St Andrews also said no(to a 1 dayer)...get the facts right before you start name calling.

You sound like Congs had to get 100 runs with only a couple wickets in hand. They had 37 runs to get off 72 overs. Doesnt seem like a bad position to be in. Also pitch was fine.....stop your sooking....although it looks like St Andrews have been complaining about it all year & finally had enough!!!!

As for Melton having good bats....like I have stated before in my previous posts...THEY HAVE HAYES. Get him out cheaply and we would be favourtes to win. Not sure who there great bats are that have consistantly performed.

I dont know who you are and frankley I couldnt give a S***. I just have an interest in playing & WATCHING these days cricket with my mates. Maybe you should do the same.

So was it just the wickets at Angliss, or also the wicket at St. Pauls?

It's hard to believe that any person, from any of the four clubs, could be so desperate to make it through that they would resort to vandalism. I almost hope that it was just a random act from somebody who knows no better- but, given the state of both games, it's hard not to be highly suspicious.

Even though they were entirely different sorts of games, they were both looking like absolute corkers. And from what I saw, there wasn't a whole lot wrong with the wicket. I didn't see the St. Andrews innings, but certainly none of the six Congs wickets that fell were due to a dodgy pitch. A couple missed straight full tosses, a few had their poles rattled by some genuinely good nuts, and whoever it was that was caught by Hatty was just desperately unlucky - smoking a leg glance to a short fine leg fielder? Ouch.

Again, I really hope that this was just a dumb act from somebody that knows no better, although everything suggests otherwise. If it were an individual, or group, from any club, I hope they are found out and their club has the integrity to name them. They shouldn't be playing cricket.

So was it just the wickets at Angliss, or also the wicket at St. Pauls?

It's hard to believe that any person, from any of the four clubs, could be so desperate to make it through that they would resort to vandalism. I almost hope that it was just a random act from somebody who knows no better- but, given the state of both games, it's hard not to be highly suspicious.

Even though they were entirely different sorts of games, they were both looking like absolute corkers. And from what I saw, there wasn't a whole lot wrong with the wicket. I didn't see the St. Andrews innings, but certainly none of the six Congs wickets that fell were due to a dodgy pitch. A couple missed straight full tosses, a few had their poles rattled by some genuinely good nuts, and whoever it was that was caught by Hatty was just desperately unlucky - smoking a leg glance to a short fine leg fielder? Ouch.

Again, I really hope that this was just a dumb act from somebody that knows no better, although everything suggests otherwise. If it were an individual, or group, from any club, I hope they are found out and their club has the integrity to name them. They shouldn't be playing cricket.

New to this system, but have kept an eye on the forum.
Must say, absolutely gutted by the act of this/these pissant/s, who have obviously got some major problems with their life.
Personally I don't believe any member from the playing clubs have contributed to this despicable act.
Both St Andrews and Melton Centrals will know that whoever wins (if the pissants' don't get in again), the premiership will be tainted. No different as to 4 years ago.
All should get their facts right, and understand that the all the four teams were all keen to play a one dayer today, so that action on the park determined who went forward. Don't let rumours get in the way of facts. Joffa was keen to play, as were Altona Roosters, St Andrews and Willy Congs.
To the scum that desecrate this great game that we have, I can only hope that one day all cricketers from WSUCCA can find out who you are.
Hide behind your nondescript anonymous cretin life, and think that you have achieved something, as you have now achieved the status of a life lower than slime.
May Cricket reign supreme.

New to this system, but have kept an eye on the forum.
Must say, absolutely gutted by the act of this/these pissant/s, who have obviously got some major problems with their life.
Personally I don't believe any member from the playing clubs have contributed to this despicable act.
Both St Andrews and Melton Centrals will know that whoever wins (if the pissants' don't get in again), the premiership will be tainted. No different as to 4 years ago.
All should get their facts right, and understand that the all the four teams were all keen to play a one dayer today, so that action on the park determined who went forward. Don't let rumours get in the way of facts. Joffa was keen to play, as were Altona Roosters, St Andrews and Willy Congs.
To the scum that desecrate this great game that we have, I can only hope that one day all cricketers from WSUCCA can find out who you are.
Hide behind your nondescript anonymous cretin life, and think that you have achieved something, as you have now achieved the status of a life lower than slime.
May Cricket reign supreme.

hussler;334754 said:

as a former roosters player i was looking forward to watching the boys play today and catching up with some old faces.the high we were on at grand united after yesterdays run chase was tempered alot when we were told of these cowardly and idiotic acts of stupidity.A few points i would like to have answered however 1 what time was the committee made aware of what happened 2 was any effort made to relocate these games 3 was any effort made to repair these wickets 4 was a steadfast rule put in place for this type of incident after it happened in the grand final two years ago 5 what possible reason is there to not continue these games next saturday with the current scores still standing

hussler;334754 said:

as a former roosters player i was looking forward to watching the boys play today and catching up with some old faces.the high we were on at grand united after yesterdays run chase was tempered alot when we were told of these cowardly and idiotic acts of stupidity.A few points i would like to have answered however 1 what time was the committee made aware of what happened 2 was any effort made to relocate these games 3 was any effort made to repair these wickets 4 was a steadfast rule put in place for this type of incident after it happened in the grand final two years ago 5 what possible reason is there to not continue these games next saturday with the current scores still standing

big game performer;334777 said:

BGP.....as follows
1. Not sure about this one but I found out about St pauls first at 11.45am.
2. No
3. Suggested. No action taken
4. Highly unlikley
5. No possible reason apart from Melton & St Andrews taking the easier option. 1 & 2 go through to GF.

big game performer;334777 said:

BGP.....as follows
1. Not sure about this one but I found out about St pauls first at 11.45am.
2. No
3. Suggested. No action taken
4. Highly unlikley
5. No possible reason apart from Melton & St Andrews taking the easier option. 1 & 2 go through to GF.

I agree, why would you replay a whole game when you bowl out the top side for 108? Even if you are 6/72, with Uppal & Callas batting and Griffin stilll to bat, i think the Congs were home on a pitch that was obviously going to dry out.

I agree, why would you replay a whole game when you bowl out the top side for 108? Even if you are 6/72, with Uppal & Callas batting and Griffin stilll to bat, i think the Congs were home on a pitch that was obviously going to dry out.

This is just a cowardly act by St Andrews CHEATS.
They have been complaining about the wicket for the whole year, I have spoken to the curators and a few players who were there and who actually have played on turf for more then 6 years and they said the wicket was fine.
No one lost their wicket because of the pitch, apart from one that kept low but that's cricket and that's what you get when you play on turf, remember you're not playing on concrete anymore:confused:

Billy,
Congs only had 37 runs to get on a new days play, without as much pressure from the previous days play, they would have got them easily and you blokes knew it, that's why you dug the pitch up..... very very weak act!Roosters had 214 on the board and getting over 200+ in a final is always defendable, not that you blokes would know that........108:eek:
So there was no motivation for them to do it.
Melton would have been confident of chasing that down especially with their opening bats in good form.

I would n't like to be the bloke that did it and then get caught because I think he might have to leave town.

St Andrews, IF you win the GF it will always be remembered for the one you cheated to get and everyone knows it, so I wouldn't even turn up.

Big Coq,
What's your opinion on your comp now???
As good as the Willy Comp?.... I think not!
Newport Digman made 309 at GU and GU got them 1 wicket down!!!!
That's real cricket, earning your spot in the GF not CHEATING to get in!!!! :cool:

This is just a cowardly act by St Andrews CHEATS.
They have been complaining about the wicket for the whole year, I have spoken to the curators and a few players who were there and who actually have played on turf for more then 6 years and they said the wicket was fine.
No one lost their wicket because of the pitch, apart from one that kept low but that's cricket and that's what you get when you play on turf, remember you're not playing on concrete anymore:confused:

Billy,
Congs only had 37 runs to get on a new days play, without as much pressure from the previous days play, they would have got them easily and you blokes knew it, that's why you dug the pitch up..... very very weak act!Roosters had 214 on the board and getting over 200+ in a final is always defendable, not that you blokes would know that........108:eek:
So there was no motivation for them to do it.
Melton would have been confident of chasing that down especially with their opening bats in good form.

I would n't like to be the bloke that did it and then get caught because I think he might have to leave town.

St Andrews, IF you win the GF it will always be remembered for the one you cheated to get and everyone knows it, so I wouldn't even turn up.

Big Coq,
What's your opinion on your comp now???
As good as the Willy Comp?.... I think not!
Newport Digman made 309 at GU and GU got them 1 wicket down!!!!
That's real cricket, earning your spot in the GF not CHEATING to get in!!!! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back